New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: 4E races equivalent?

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    • +2 bonus to attack rolls against Aberrations.
    Any particular reason for this?

Damage Resistance 3/Slashing: The Shardmind’s crystalline body makes it resistant to certain forms of attacks. This ability allows the Shardmind to ignore the first 3 points of damage dealt by slashing weapons. This is not effective against other forms of damage.
    If they ONLY resist slashing, then it should be listed as 3/Bludgeoning and Piercing (i.e. bludgeoning and piercing can overcome their damage resistance). Personally, I would say 3/Bludgeoning makes more sense... they're a bunch of little rocks. While a mace might knock a few loose, a sword isn't going to do much, and an arrow even less.

Vulnerability to Sonic Attacks: Shardminds, being composed of living crystal, are more vulnerable to sonic attacks than other creatures. They take 50% extra damage from such attacks.
    I would include a specific vulnerability to the shatter spell... state that it effects them, just to make sure it's listed.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    Any particular reason for this?

They are parts of a living gate that opposed the far realms, and I thought it would fit. If it doesn't I can take it out.

If they ONLY resist slashing, then it should be listed as 3/Bludgeoning and Piercing (i.e. bludgeoning and piercing can overcome their damage resistance). Personally, I would say 3/Bludgeoning makes more sense... they're a bunch of little rocks. While a mace might knock a few loose, a sword isn't going to do much, and an arrow even less.

I was under the impression that if it had Damage Reduction 3/Bludgeoning and Piercing, than the weapon would have to deal both types of damage. I believe you are thinking of DR/ __ or __. Regardless, I'll change it to 3/Bludgeoning.

I would include a specific vulnerability to the shatter spell... state that it effects them, just to make sure it's listed.
    I'll add that in, too.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Arrrgh. Don't put it inside the quote box; makes you hard to respond to.

However, on the DR, you are correct. I like the new version.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.