New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: One Plane at a Time [IC]

"It's been awhile since I had to counter other magics, but I'll give it a shot." Approaching the struggling Duke, a cruel grin crossed Mordaci's face. "Now now, Duke, there's no need to struggle. This won't hurt a bit. What comes after, well, I can't make any promises about that." Placing his hand where the barrier of light had previously appeared, Mordaci let a pulse of pure magic flow through his hand, attempting to shock the barrier into submission.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have a Dispel Magic prepared for today. It's a bit low-level, but hopefully it will take care of whatever that is.
    Dispel Check: (1d20+10)[19]

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Typhus

"Dispelling enemy magics? That's something I was bred for."

Typhus also focusses a surge of energy into breaking down the Duke's defences, certain that nothing can oppose his will.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Greater Dispel Magic as an SLA, from one of my 27 daily uses as a Balor. Caster level check: (1d20+20)[21]
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Typhus's spell rips rather half-heartedly at the nimbus of light as Mordaci's seems to cut into it with only slightly less power. However, the light deflects both attacks. Whoever cast the spell must have been quite powerful indeed...

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Stiches continues to hold the duke, getting mildly annoyed at the light show in front of her.

Drop the shield or I'll break you, little man.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grapple:(1d20+82)[92]
    Last edited by Goonthegoof; 2011-04-18 at 10:43 AM.
    Currently moving houses, posting will be sporadic for the next little while.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Duke Alonar's mouth moves in fright, and he shakes his head as much as he can. Which isn't much.
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2011-04-18 at 05:24 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Typhus

"We're in no rush, I vote we sit here and work on shattering that field until it gives out. Might we worth stripping him of any potentially magical items, though."

Spoiler
    Show
    On his turn, Typhus will dispel again.
    (1d20+20)[26]
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Belyb Analuema Dinidi says little, continuing to ready a mental assault for when the curious shield goes down.

Spoiler
    Show

Readying an action for Psionic Dominate (fully augmented to Days/level, able to affect basically anything not outright immune, and a whole lot of wasted targets to get the DC up: Will DC 48 Negates) for when that silly Protection effect falls to a Dispel. We've got a rather lot of trys, nobody's listening, hopefully nobody's watching, and anyone who would have been expecting to talk to the king later isn't expecting to talk to him soon, as he was going into negotiations, which often take a long time - so we shouldn't be interrupted, theoretically.

Belyb Analuema Dinidi
    HP 194/194, DR 10/Cold Iron, Fly 60 (perfect), Init+9, Material AC 75 (T 67, FF 66), Ethereal AC 79 (T 67 FF 70), Incorporeal on the material, Saves +69/+76/+72
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

"This grows old. I have no means to aid our friend in removing the shield. May I hit him? Perhaps some aggressive persuassion would aid the Duke in reaching the right decision about his pretty shield?" Mordaci's foot tapped impatiently. While they had some time before the guards returned, he was getting anxious, and desired results quicker. He was contemplating lowering the spell which changed his form, just to scare the Duke a little. Perhaps if he knew who he was dealing with, the Duke would be more likely to cooperate. Giving the shield a once over, Mordaci attempted to figure out exactly what they were dealing with. If he could identify the spell, he might have the knowledge to counter it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, since I only have one Dispel prepared today, let's throw out a Spellcraft check, see if I can't find a more direct counter for this. I suspect it is Magic Circle Against Evil, but I don't know if that has a dispelling counter persay.
    (1d20+39)[47]

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Mordaci
    Spoiler
    Show

If you're not mistaken, it's a protection from evil, that spell that every caster ever knows. The only problem really is that those dispels were pitiful, and the caster was strong.