New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 15: Eye of the Tiger... Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    I need to do something with Kazuma.

Anyone up for a semi-random Hollow attack somewhere besides Sereg's location?

Kazuma was actually supposed to show some badass moves back at the Maggot's Nest, but THAT flew out the window.
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Well I will try to get some posts up today. Feeling a mite more motivated.

As for proposed hollow attacks, perhaps as Val is going home?
    Reposting.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    So when you say he's "moving around", you mean "the blob of mist that is Sereg inside the larger mist cloud is moving around", yes?

So, he has no form, no distinct reiatsu, no distinct heat signature, nothing to tell him apart but his voice, and perhaps the movement of the blob of mist? Or does his voice do the "all of the cloud is the speaker" type effect?
    He's moving in the larger cloud. So his voice is projected from where he is, but where he is keeps changing.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki may have no particularly listed background, but that has no impact on the game. (I WOULD like to know why he hates Vizards so much; it's implied that he did so BEFORE the Hannibal incident. But unless it becomes an essential plot point, there's no problem with not knowing it.)
    He's a Captain, and his lack of background has had no impact on the game. Clearly Innis Cabal's character can afford to not have a background.

I'll have you know I've been almost making up Taiki's background on the fly as events other people have described are revealed to me. That's part of why it wasn't written. It is solid in my head now, but that's after spending at least a solid month in his head. Armin, the Bount Assassin also has little/no backstory. Besides rank and the fact that he was, at some point, in Maggot's Nest, Ren Karashi also has no backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Reposting.
    I can run it this Sunday if you'd like.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-05-06 at 11:32 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

No, Kuroi has a point. It could affect the already-written history of a Division if this former Vice-Captain was a part of that Division in the past. Especially if we suddenly find out he betrayed someone, killed someone, stole something, etc. As pointed out, someone being a former VC means they may have had access to information the current Captain/commanding officer of that Division needs to help provide. It needs to be known if the current command structure would know "x years ago, this dude flipped out and betrayed us".

You not giving us Taiki's history isn't a positive thing, either. For me, at least, it means I don't have a good sense of what Masaru might know of the character (since he's multiple centuries old, and thus might have been around for some of these things), and thus how he'd approach him. I mean, what if the event that triggered his Vizard hate-on was something big and public? Many characters ought to then have known about it.

That's not to say every little detail should be revealed, but no one should take pride in not having a history written up for months and months of game time.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I think those complaints should have been brought up earlier, if that's the case. I have been meaning to write Taiki's backstory down, and it's been generally set in stone since I thought of each part. I'm pretty good with that, at least.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Well, I think those complaints should have been brought up earlier, if that's the case. I have been meaning to write Taiki's backstory down, and it's been generally set in stone since I thought of each part. I'm pretty good with that, at least.
    I haven't brought it up because you keep a.)saying you're "working on it", b.)keep saying you're not posting or whatnot because of "life reasons". I didn't feel like getting a spiel about how it wasn't managed because of this or that thing. To be frank, tgva, I've counted it lucky you kept posting at times, as erratic as you seemed to be.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, a complaint would have made me get off my ass and at least write a bullet-pointed list.

And yeah, part of it was that I unexpectedly have had to help a friend with a lot of stuff. I think things are going well enough now, and I do like posting when I can, it's just that I would rather put effort in than give a half-assed post.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Firbolg in the Playground

I completly understand what backstory can be, I suppose I'd be more willing to provide one if the standerd for a backstory was held to everyone with your reasoning. For example, the Commander Captain nor Von Geister have back stories...you'd think the two most powerful character's in the game should have at least a short one. This is clearly not the case. But, I'd rather not make waves so thinking about it at work, I put a lot of time and effort into the Kido Corp. I like Takeshi as a character, I'll just bring him back. It's less trouble for everyone since he has a backstory, he's been a part of the storyline before and he's already fully written up. This way everyone is happy, which is really all I care about. I'll even repost him

Kitano Takeshi, Kido Commander
    Reiatsu: Black, appearing as thick smoke
    Height:
    Weight: 100lb

Spoiler
    Show
    Appearance: Kitano Takeshi appears as a young boy of seventeen, his black hair cut short and pulled back into a small, high pony tail. Despite regulation, Kitano Takeshi is quite fond of dying his hair outrageous colors, most often bright red or dark orange. A long opium pipe hangs from his lips constantly, despite his seemingly young age. Kitano Takeshi dresses in the customary Kido Commander’s Robes, though the sleeves appear a size or two to large for him.

Personality: Takeshi was well known at the Academy for his perchance of sneaking into the women’s dorms for late night parties, and for his equally well earned reputation as a flirt and womanizer. Though young, Takeshi is fiercely determined to prove himself a proper candidate for his promotion, and despite his playful and sometimes childish behavior, is well known in his division as a hard worker, often pulling all nighters and taking others jobs on himself even if he himself is far over worked. Outside of his own Division, Takeshi is good natured, almost playful, and always willing for a drink or a toke from an offered pipe. His flirtatious and often times lecherous activities have not ceased, earning him more then several crude nicknames and a reputation as a womanizer.

Backstory: A proclaimed genius, Kitano Takeshi is the youngest and most recent Kido Commander of Soul Society. Hailing from the furthest reaching of Districts, Kitano Takeshi is a rags to riches story come to life. Enrolled into the Acadamy, he passed with flying colors in only two years, entering the Kido Corp as a high seated member. A genius of Kido, Takeshi mastered the Demon Arts far faster than any other Shinigami powers.

Zanpakuto: Akachōchin- Akachōchin is a long nodachi worn on the small of Takeshi’s back. Its case is blood red, its hilt is wrapped in almost velvet smooth twine. The blade itself has a long blood groove etched into the metal.

Shikai: “Illuminate the Darkness, Akachōchin!” Takeshi’s nodachi suddenly disappears, a massive Chochin lantern floating into the air just above his head. The light itself seems to move gently in a soft wind. At will, Takeshi can produce a fifty foot area of darkness that permeates the immediate area around himself. The smells of perfume, the sounds of dance music and the rhythm of base lines cascade around them like a torrent of water, causing sensory overload over time. Sensory overload takes several minutes to achive, building from minor annoyances to full sensory overload. This effect causes one's sight to lessen to less then two feet in front of themselves. Takeshi is immune to these effects. Leaving the darkness ends the effect immediately.

Takeshi can remove his nodachi from the lantern at any time in a shower of candle wax and flame, though this effect is purely cosmetic. Along with the above effect, the blade of Akachōchin can produce powerful gouts of smoke from the blood grooves etched along its length. This smoke is a powerful narcotic, producing a numbing sensation that grows stronger the more smoke that is inhaled. Takeshi, like the above ability, is immune to the effects of this smoke. This smoke is highly addictive in large quantities, and is thus impossible to use as a beneficial power. Addiction comes about only through continued use of the smoke, thus negating the addictive properties of the smoke itself against foes. This also removes the period of withdrawal one might go through once addicted.

Bankai: Akasen- The true name, and face of Takeshi’s zanpakuto, once called splits the large chochin lanterns into two rows of ten that seem to hang in the around on either side of Takeshi at all times. These lanterns can produce the above effect at the same range, and the blade itself can continue to produce the powerful narcotic smoke. These powers see no apparent boost in power or range whilst in bankai. Along with these effects, Akesen has three "Games" it can produce, all of varying powers and degree's.

Red Light, Green Light- The hanging lanterns slowly gutter and die as Takeshi calls “Off”, all movement in the area ceasing. Moving targets stop, though are not held. Anyone moving while caught in 20 yards of the Lantern’s are slashed by an invisible blade, including Takeshi. Takeshi can at any time call “On”, the lights of the lantern’s burning back to life. While the lantern’s are lit, anyone can move freely. This power only effects people, animals and summons, not kido or other effects. The slashes on those who move are simple sword attacks, carrying little extra force behind them, and can be easily parried, though this will often produce another penalty.

Flash Lantern Tag: A Lantern hangs over an enemies head, its flame slowly guttering and dwindling down. A person may “hand” the lantern off to another through a physical strike or other form of physical contact. Doing so gives the flame a little more “life”. Once the flame is out, anyone caught with it becomes heavily inebriated, suffering the full effects of being well and truly drunk. Those drunk lose fine motor functions, growing dizzy and unable to stand upright without effort. Nausea and acute light sensitivity also plague the one affected by the drunken stupor. Takeshi can be effected by this game.

Pachinko: Takeshi must stand dead still as the lantern’s slowly start to spin about him out to 25 yards. Opponents seeking to attack Takeshi must make their way through the spinning lanterns to attack him. All the while, the flames in the lantern’s slowly start to die. If an opponent or opponents cannot reach Takeshi before the lights go out, they are struck by a concussive force, and are teleported to the outer edge of the spinning lanterns. Anyone struck by one of the fast moving lanterns has lost the “Game” and is struck by a more powerful concussive force, powerful enough to bend metal and shatter stone. Losing ends the “Game”.

Zanpakuto Spirit: Akachōchin appears as a beautiful woman dressed in the most extravagant and expensive kimono’s. Her face is always a perfect mask of makeup, her lips pouty, her eyes the most stunning green. Her hair is always pulled up at just the right angle, her bangs framing her face generously. A long pipe is held between her well manicured nails, always smoking though it has been said she herself never partakes.

Akachōchin is vain and petty, despising anything more beautiful than her, or spoken of more often than herself. While simply a spirit, she demands a great deal of personal contact from Takeshi, requiring him to carry her with him at all times, even while he sleeps.

Inner World: The Inner World of Akachōchin would surprise most, consisting of a single large pagoda in a limitless forest of bamboo. It rains constantly in the forest, the sounds of water through leaves almost deafening. Akachōchin herself resides in the massive pagoda, lounging and sleeping most times. She hates the sound of the rain, and attempts to drown it out with various musical instruments Takeshi has somehow provided her.

Shinigami Powers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Physical Strength: 20 (Takeshi is both young and not a primarily strength oriented fighter impacting his over all ability to deal massive damage through strength alone.)

Offense: 30 (While Takeshi is poor in physical combat, his zanpakuto is quite potent and he is skilled in its use.)

Defense: 100 (Between his tactical mind and his brilliant ability with Kido, Takeshi’s greatest defense is versatility. Add to his impressive zanpaktuo, Takeshi is rarely caught unawares or without a response to any incoming attack.

Mobility: 80 (While quick, Takeshi’s shunpo is unpracticed, and oddly drunken in its execution.)

Intelligence: 100 (Takeshi, despite how he acts, is a brilliant tactician, strategist and philosopher. )

Kido/ Reiatsu: 100 (Takeshi is near peerless at Kido, and as the Commander of the Kido Corp has access to Kido that much of Soul Society and the Gotei 13 do not even know exist.)

The Kido Corp

Spoiler
    Show
    The Kido Corp

Current Commander: Kitano Takeshi
    Symbol: The Symbol of the Kido Corp is a single opened eye.
    Motto: With Art, all things are possible.

Structure

The Kido Corp is structured similarly to the Gotei 13, with a Commander who over sees the direction of the Corp as a whole, a Vice Commander who over sees the everyday hustle and bustle of the Corp itself, and seated officers who interact more in the way of Captains in the Gotei, despite the wide gulf in relative power. The Vice Commander is not technically the 2nd Seat, holding a position quite unlike their contemporaries of the Gotei 13. The other “Division’s” outside the core make up of the Corp are known as Cells.

Seated members oversee 20 man teams, broken up into eight squads. This means that there are eight seated members of the Kido Corp and despite the number; each seated officer holds the same position, rights and privileges as their peers. Unlike the Gotei 13, the Kido Corp is not divided into “Seats” but instead titles those lower then broken up into Senior members and Junior members. Senior members cannot exceed half within the number of a Unit. Senior members are allowed full access to the libraries and labs of the Kido Corp, while Junior Members are limited to funds and access to some of the more sensitive or powerful scrolls and tomes. All counted, the main body of the Kido Corp numbers roughly around 170 members.

The first Cell exists for those members who wish simply to study and catalog the work of the Kido Corp as a whole. This Unit is made up of previous Junior Members. Refered to as Librarian’s, these Shinigami are the sole scribes of the collected Kido Corp History. The second largest Cell, the Librarian’s number roughly sixty men and woman all told.

The Defense of the Kido Corp Grounds falls to the Golden Topiary, large animated tree’s tended by specially trained kido practitioners referred to as Grounds Keepers. The number of said Grounds Keepers vary between 10 to 20 depending on the season, those in reserves are allowed to float between the other structured Cells as they see fit. The Grounds Keepers answer only to the Kido Commander and Vice Commander, sharing a spot equal to the

The Final Cell is known as the Jar Carriers, who oversee the reagents, spices, powders, drugs and sake of the Kido Corp along with their food stores and ledgers. The Jar Carries number at fifty men and woman, and hold a similar position as Senior members of the Core Units.

All told, the Kido Corp boasts an impressive 300 members.

{table]
    Title
    |
    Duty
    |
    Number

Kido Commander|Leader of the Kido Corp and prime researcher|1
    Vice Commander|Aid and general overseer of the day to day functions of the Kido Corp|1
    Seated Members|Heads of Cells, overseeing the day to day functions of their respective cell|8
    Senior Members|The Senior members act as higher order members of the Corp|34
    Junior Members|New recruits and less talented members of the Corp, are the general grunts of the Corp|136
    Golden Topiary|The defense of the Kido Corp Grounds, over seen by Grounds Keepers|10-20(Seasonal)
    The Librarians|The Scribes and Archivists of the Kido Corps|60
    The Jar Carrier|General overseers of supplies, food, reagents and small jobs throughout the Kido Corp|50[/table]

{table]Cell|Mon|Motto|Duty/Specialization
    Unit One|∀ (Tuned A)|”Given Any”|Prime Wu Wei Researchers
    Unit Two|♂(Iron)|”Unbroken Dedication”|Prime Barrier Kido Researchers
    Unit Three|火 (Fire)|”Passion Divided”|Prime Hado Researchers
    Unit Four|土 (Earth)|”Center of All”|Prime Builders of the Kido Corp.
    Unit Five|金 (Water)|”Come what May”|Tends the Temples and keeps all Rituals documeted
    Unit Six|水 (Metal)| “Desired Conviction”|Prime Bakudo Researchers
    Unit Seven| ☿(Mercury)|”Life Unabated”|Prime Qi Researchers
    Unit Eight|☽ (Silver)|”Uncovered Mysteries"|Prime Teachers of Kido
    Golden Topiary|木 (Wood)|”Never Abate”|Defenders of the Kido Corp
    The Librarians|An Open Book|"Never Forget|Keepers of the Kido Libraries
    The Jar Carriers| Sake Jug| “Never Without”|Stock and Supply Keepers[/table]

Kido Uniform

Unlike the Gotei 13, the Kido Corp wears a separate uniform from the rest of Soul Society. Each uniform is meant to signify rank and Cell. Each of the Eight Units have a unique mon that is identifiable by all Kido Corp members, as do the remaining Cells similar to the Divisions of the Gotei 13. Also like their Gotei 13 counter parts, each mon carries a saying that has evolved and existed since the start of the Kido Corp. The Mon of the Cell or Unit sits inside the symbol of the Kido Corp, replacing its iris. All members of the Kido Corp wear dark blue tabi and geta.

Junior Members: All Junior members wear a dark blue happi and black hakama. Their mon is black.

Senior Members: Senior members wear a black uwagi along with a pair of black zubon. Their attire is held together by a white obi. Their mon is white.

Seated Members: Seated members of Units are the closest to their Gotei 13 counterparts in that they wear a simple white shitagi, a dark blue kosode, and black hakama. Each seated member wears a hanten over their kosode, dyed a dark gray. Their mon is prominently displayed on long strips of paper that hang from small strings on the sleeves of their hanten.

Golden Topiary: In addition to their rank garments, the Grounds Keepers each carry a large pair of pruning shears and a large wicker basket on their backs.

The Libarians: In addition to their rank garments, Librarians carry small device that contains the entire catalogue of the Kido Corp Libraries. Unlike the rest of the Kido Corp, the Librarians do not wear geta, instead wearing jika-tabi.

Jar Carriers: Jar Carriers wear, alongside their rank attire, a large jug of sake at their hips and an abacus.

Vice Commander: The Vice Commander is given free leave to dress in any attire he or she may choose. Such freedom however can be revoked, though it has been noted such instances are rare, and are meant purely as a disciplinary action to humiliate the Vice Commander.

Kido Commander: The Kido Commander’s uniform has changed greatly over the years, more often influenced by the Kido Commander himself rather than by formal dictate. Takeshi has taken strides to formalized his uniform to appear much like that of a Gotei 13 Captain, the only distinguishing difference is that his haori is a dark blue, and holds the Kido Corps symbol in place of any division.

Formal Wear

Also unlike the vast majority of Soul Society, a specialized uniform exists in the Kido Corp for rituals and gatherings of the entire Corp. Women wear Furisode dyed black with ornate red geta, while men wear black sume with gray painted geta. During formal events, the Kido Commander and Vice Commander wear either Sokutai if male, or Jūnihitoe if female.

History

One of the oldest foundations of Soul Society and the Shinigami, the Kido Corp has gone through many changes, transforming and evolving over its long history depending on the hand that guides it. The overall layout of the Kido Corp grounds can attest to this, a mish mash of cultural faįade’s, winding streets that lead to massive building walls and a constant stack of new buildings upon the old. While much of the politics of the Corp are shrouded in mazes and red tape, official records state there have been four previous Kido Commanders, the last a woman by the name of Chen Shengdi. Rumors abound as to her disappearance, attributing her death to either old age or an assassination from within the Kido Corp itself.

The truth, as often is the case, is stranger than fiction. With the promotion of her Vice Commander Takeshi, Chen Shengdi placed herself in a drug induced coma, meditating in the deepest bowels of the Kido Corp Grounds in hopes to unlock the secrets of the Demon Arts. She is protected by multiple layers of kido spells, summoned demons and construct’s and roving bands of animal hollows. Takeshi is the only member of the Kido Corp to know of her true fate, and has actively taken steps to lie on every occasion, sometimes not even the same lie, while in the cups.

The Division itself has long held special rituals and practices uncommon or completely unknown of in the Gotei 13, though such practices today are held mostly for ceremonial purposes and official affairs.

Duties

The Kido Corp is trusted with the study, documentation and history of the Demon Arts for the betterment of Soul Society. Unlike the Gotei 13, the entire Corp has men and woman tasked with maintaining the Kido Corp grounds, relaying messages within the Kido Corp itself and overseeing to the defense of the Corp grounds.

Research, Study and Practice: The Kido Corp of Today

While it has been mentioned the early Kido Corp was one entrenched in mysticism and spiritual practices, the Kido Corp of today blends the ancient methods of Kido Research with a more modern approach to science and philosophy.

The labs and work places of the Kido Corp are known as Hōrai, a special set of buildings and bunkers sitting at the center of the Kido Corp Grounds. The Hōrai is widely considered a sacred place, only members of the Kido Corp are ever allowed to enter or leave. Those attempting to break in or steal from the Hōrai without express permission from the Kido Commander are subject to incarceration or harsher punishments. The Hōrai itself is protected under multiple layers of heavy walls infused and runed with powerful Kido, many of such spells having been lost or deemed “forbidden” for use by Soul Society as a whole. These spells protect the Hōrai from external attack, wear and tear and general destruction as well as anything that might result in wide scale damage from inside the Hōrai itself. The Kido Commander’s personal housing rests somewhere within the Hōrai, as well as the apartments for the Vice Commander. These locations are kept confidential save for those who hold office. Alongside the laboratories, testing facilities and offices of the Hōrai, shrines, places of meditation and contemplation and powerful man made garden’s dominate the Hōrai. The Hōrai stretchs deep underground, the deepest regions reserved for the Kido Commander himself and the Seated Officers. These special rooms house powerful and ancient tomes and ledgers, along with various forbidden kido, making the special area as much a prison and containment area as it is a place of study and inner reflection.

Outside the Hōrai lays the rest of the Kido Corp Grounds, which is made up of numerous libraries, restaurants, leisure rooms and housing for the Cells and Units that make up the Kido Corp. These apartment complex’s, known as Dongtian are all on the outskirts of the Hōrai, keeping the larger living population relatively safe should anything go awry. There are ten Dongtian, eight for the eight Units of the Kido Corp, and two others for the rest of the Cells. The eight Dongtian of the Kido Corp Units are collectivly known as the Heavenly Dongtian, while the other two are referred to as the Earthy Dongtian. These complex’s are comprised of individual housing arrangements, sitting rooms, personal studies and kitchens for all occupants. The eight Heavenly Dongtian are over seen by their seated officer, while the Earthly Dongtian are overseen by the entirety of the Seated Officers, who split general duties between two groups of four. Alongside the apartments and day to day facilities of the Kido Corp, seven massive shrines stand in open opposition to the continued reinventing image of the Kido Corp’s buildings. Each one is a sprawling open aired garden with a single pagoda, where members of the Corp are brought to every morning for ritual’s and cleansing before they are sent about their work. While not mandatory most occasions, all members of the Kido Corp are required to attend special functions at their designated Shrine.

Kido, Philosophy and how it interacts with the Corp.

Kido, the art of using Reiryoku to fundamentally bring about desired effects is as much magic as could be described in the world. The division into Hado and Bakudo are in fact only two separate distinct paths of the Kido Method of Waidan, or Outer Kido. Aside from the study of how kido interacts with the outside world, the Kido Corp also monitors and attempts to research the effects of Kido on the spiritual being of a person, termed Neidan. These two studies are a balance, requiring the most skillful of practitioner in the Kido Corp to regulate the power, direction and energy of a spell through proper incantation, hand movements and release. This is a study that is said to take three lifetimes, no Shinigami alive today having preformed the “perfect kido”.

The goal of the perfect kido, and the present science around attaining it was first laid down by Tsau Tao Ling, a classical contemporary holding the first formal Kido Corp Commander’s mantel. Tsau proposed that not only was the Demon Arts a path of enlightened science, but that through its study, the Shinigami could grow more attuned with him or herself, and thus reincarnate to a separate plane outside that of the Mortal World. While today, this concept is widely considered utter nonsense, the idea of perfected kido continues to dominate the science and occult rituals that make up the current Kido Corp. The spiritual aspect of such study continues on through prayers, incantations and poetry during particular times of the day.

Waiden: The Path of Outer Kido

The Path of Outer Kido is separated into four distinct categories, two based on the Yin principle and two based on the Yang Principle. These four arts make up the foundation of Kido as far as the Kido Corp are concerned, kido spells that do not fit into any one category as simply referred to as De. The perfect kido is referred to as Wuji or “The Ultimate” or “The Infinite” while all other Kido are known under the term Taiji, or “The Boundless”.

Bakudō (Yin): The art of binding and defensive Kido. Bakudō also covers barrier magic, separating it from canon Bleach in such spells are not classified under any particular type of kido.

Qi (Yin): The art of closing wounds and mending the world around you. Kido of this school not only bind wounds, help in the curing of diseases and curing the physical and mental state of a being healthy again, Qi can also mend walls, cause plant life to grow, and even tame beasts. Qi is widely studied outside of the Kido Corp by the 4th Division, referred to as the Healing Arts.

Hadō (Yang): The art of destructive power. Hadō is further split into the five classical Chinese elements, known as Wu Xing depending on the spell. Hadō spells also cover any Kido that transforms the body, though these kido are rare and often times banned under Kido Corp laws.

Fire (Huǒ): All energy, lightning and fire based kido are found under the Fire Wu Xing. The most destructive Kido are found in this element.

Water (Shuǐ): The Water Wu Xing is often times considered a broader school, consisting of both powerful water and iced based kido. The fluid nature of this element makes such spells difficult to predict.

Metal (Jīn): Metal Wu Xing are rigid, often times physically summoned attacks

Earth (Tǔ): The stable element, Earth Wu Xing is the middle ground of Hado. Such Kido stress slow yet diligent attacks, as well as attacks that are difficult to deflect due to their weight. Like Metal Wu Xing, Earth Wu Xing are often physically summoned, unlike the other three sub-sections.

Wood (Mų): Like its element, Wood Wu Xing are known for their flexible yet strong nature. Kido of this school often leech life from their foes, as well as growing of their own volition, creating powerful and often times rampant effects.

Wu Wei (Yang): The art of action, these kido spells are categorized for their use in and out of combat to expedite or tactically aid a Shinigami. This includes teleportation, communication, or long distance viewing.

De (Balanced): Kido of this class do not fit into any specified grouping. The number of De Kido is fairly small, as the Kido Corp attempts at every chance to re-organize them into a known Taiji.

Neidan:The Path of Inner Kido

The Path of Inner Kido, Neidan is a spiritual and personal study as well as a over laying philosophical belief of how Kido interacts with the world and the physical self as well as the spiritual self. It is broken up into three separate tenets.

Reiryoku: The spiritual energy found within all things. The first fundamental essence of Kido, Reiryoku is thought by the Kido Corp to make up the two parts fundamental in the art of Kido. One must balance their Reiryoku with their Reiatsu if they seek to perfect their methods.

Reiatsu: The power of intent and level of one’s life force. When balanced with one’s Reiryoku, powerful magic’s can be wrought.

Shen: The Self, both spiritually and physically. Shen is the embodiment of the spiritual being, the vessel for both Reiryoku and Reiatsu and the path in which a balanced unity can be achived. Shen is further divided into sections of both the spiritual and physical body. These divisions are as follows.

Shen: The Spirit King of the Heart-The awareness of oneself in the world, and its impact on all things. The element associated with Shen is fire.

Zhi: The Act and Path of Will- The ability and drive to succeed in both spiritual practice and emotional betterment. Zhi’s element is water

Yi: The Intellect of Firmament- The formation of intentions both good and misdirected. Yi’s element is Earth, and when out of balance leads to rash decisions and mismanagement of one’s life.

Po: The physical body, the opposite of Hun, its element is metal.

Hun: The Spiritual Presence, its element is wood. This part of the body is what transferred once the physical body has passed on. Known as a spirit by many, the Kido Corp’s classification remains entrenched in the spiritual and mystical practices of their long lasting organization.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2011-05-07 at 06:02 AM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Orc in the Playground

To be frank, I actually like Kitano better than Yen. Don't ask me why, it's a gut feeling thing.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

10. - Top - End - #520
    Orc in the Playground

My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #521

Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2011-05-07 at 05:19 PM.
    My Current Works

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The point still stands that the Commander-General does, in fact, have some history written up.

13. - Top - End - #523

He does indeed, I stand corrected, though I am uncertain as to why it needs to be stated again since it's plainly evident. Thank you for keeping me humble, I will never go without knowing my faults around here, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2011-05-07 at 06:07 PM.
    My Current Works

14. - Top - End - #524
    Orc in the Playground

Now, now, boys...

It is true that the Wiki is quite horrendously dated. FF did complain about it. Multiple times.

I wonder, should we update it properly, will he return?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

15. - Top - End - #525

Honestly I've always felt that a Wiki is more work then is called for. It takes a concerted effort to update that most people don't want to do and often falls to a single or several people who start to resent that no one else updates.

I think the evidence speaks for itself on this one

I learned more scanning the current game thread for SS then a look through the wiki ever got me. In fact, the way the "Story so far" page is set up I threw my hands up and quit trying to make heads or tails of it because it was totally unhelpful.
    My Current Works

16. - Top - End - #526
    Orc in the Playground

Well, yeah. It needs work, and organization.

So far FF had been doing that all by his lonesome, AND playing his characters, AND mantaining the registry, AND dealing with real life.

Can't exactly expect the top-notch treatment on this one.

I'll get to the part that pertains my characters myself, in fact - just need to finish cleaning up after the mess me and the boys left on tabletop RPG night.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #527

I understand why it is the way it is. It's the reason I've always been against a wiki in the first place
    My Current Works

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

Right, now I'm getting back into this RP properly and I'm getting a personal sub-lot for Roux underway, one that I've had in mind for a while, I'd like to put out a request for someone willing to play a female NPC integral to the plot.

So, any takers?

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Right, now I'm getting back into this RP properly and I'm getting a personal sub-lot for Roux underway, one that I've had in mind for a while, I'd like to put out a request for someone willing to play a female NPC integral to the plot.

So, any takers?
    How much screentime will she take? I'm not sure how well I'll RP a woman, but if it's not a huge investment, I might be willing.

riccaru: Um...are you ignoring the hailstorm of a couple thousand bullets and a high-velocity stream of compressed spiritual acid that went down that tunnel? And how do you know at least one of the missiles can't avoid an energy whip?

20. - Top - End - #530
    Bugbear in the Playground

Also, I didn't make this clear, but the sword actually wasn't aimed at Sereg, but the dirt in front of him. Allan teleported into the space between Sereg and the end of the tunnel.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Also, I didn't make this clear, but the sword actually wasn't aimed at Sereg, but the dirt in front of him. Allan teleported into the space between Sereg and the end of the tunnel.
    Ohhhhhhh. I thought you stabbed him in the shoulder. Off to edit!
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    With a wave of his hand a garganta opened up above the area. Many of the Kido Corp members fled but as he counted he knew it wasn’t enough. The black gate closed as others gave chase. Those who weren’t fast enough would have to pay for the sins of those who could get away. He’d have been sad but when declaring war on your own side and everyone else by proxy there was little time enough to grieve for yourself let alone anyone else.

A small garganta opened up behind Kitano Takeshi, taking him to parts unknown. The libraries, once inspected, are cleaned out and no trace of information compiled by the whole of the Kido Corp remained. The section of Soul Society sat as a twisted skeleton…the number of the Kido Corp reduced by only 50 all totaled, 20 of said numbers fleeing to the edge of the city for refuge, they would not be hard to find.
    I'm very fuzzy on what happened here. What did the big garganta do? Was it for people siding with Takeshi to go through? Or something else?

As for the second section, are you saying only 50 out of 300 remained alive and loyal to Soul Society as a whole? Only 50 left? It's rather unclear from the wording.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

How much screentime will she take? I'm not sure how well I'll RP a woman, but if it's not a huge investment, I might be willing.
    She'll be the shared focus of the mini-plot, along with Roux. No idea how long it'll be. As it stands, it might actually be best for me to play the two of them and just write out scenes now and again.

24. - Top - End - #534

I'm very fuzzy on what happened here. What did the big garganta do? Was it for people siding with Takeshi to go through? Or something else?

As for the second section, are you saying only 50 out of 300 remained alive and loyal to Soul Society as a whole? Only 50 left? It's rather unclear from the wording.
    The big Garganta just let people through. As for the latter, as it says the Kido Corp was reduced by 50 members. Of those 50 20 of them fled out to the Rukongai. So that would mean that there are 250 members of the Kido Corp left. Takeshi is not a member of the Kido Corp any longer, as noted in said post. I'd say news would travel fast.

The plan originally, as this was the intended end for a very long while, was to get the reconstruction done and then pull the capper off allowing Takeshi to merely take the whole of the Kido Corp into it's own pocket dimension. As that didn't go through, he just fled with what wasn't bolted down. So just the entire library of ancient and forbidden Kido and all the history they'd complied. The further plan, so as to keep some transparency, is that Takeshi will be trying to get those exiled from Soul Society on his side.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2011-05-09 at 02:38 AM.
    My Current Works

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

Well that truly was interesting. I do greatly enjoy this.

26. - Top - End - #536

Well, figured I'd come back big and loud. Can't get much louder then one of Soul Societies strongest members up and leaving with as much as he could.
    My Current Works

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'd say it's better that the whole of the KC wasn't taken.

This way, a new player could come in and play a member of the Kido Corps who is still loyal to Soul Society without jumping through hoops. So that they're not forced to choose between "not actually in the Kido Corps at all" and "went along with a guy whose complaints had no solid foundation in reality".

28. - Top - End - #538

I'd say it's better that the whole of the KC wasn't taken.

This way, a new player could come in and play a member of the Kido Corps who is still loyal to Soul Society without jumping through hoops. So that they're not forced to choose between "not actually in the Kido Corps at all" and "went along with a guy whose complaints had no solid foundation in reality".
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and certainly allowed to proclaim it as loudly and as often as you'd like.

But I did leave more then enough of the Kido Corp in tact because it's polite and it made sense that most wouldn't go with Takeshi. Was just part of the story.
    My Current Works

29. - Top - End - #539
    Orc in the Playground

Incidentally, we're talking about a part of the organization that had been accumulating knowledge for the better part of millennia. No matter how good the members of the Kido Corp. are, or how well they planned this, or even if Takeshi actually has a freaking portable hole, they'd never be able to take EVERYTHING with them.

Further, a little advance warning on this would have been nice. I wasn't aware of this plot, and you've been gone for months. You pulled this literally hours upon your return, when we all expected you'd be gone for good. So we can't be expected to remember every little detail of that plot, can we?

Expect an appropriate reaction to this. Takeshi is underestimating Gotei at his own peril, and this incident will most likely get him killed. Or worse.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #540

Incidentally, we're talking about a part of the organization that had been accumulating knowledge for the better part of millennia. No matter how good the members of the Kido Corp. are, or how well they planned this, or even if Takeshi actually has a freaking portable hole, they'd never be able to take EVERYTHING with them.
    You vastly underestimate someone with a plan and the know how to get this done. While I understand the concern for it, there was more then just portable holes at work. You forget Takeshi knows more Forbidden Kido and you forget he isn't working alone.

Further, a little advance warning on this would have been nice. I wasn't aware of this plot, and you've been gone for months. You pulled this literally hours upon your return, when we all expected you'd be gone for good. So we can't be expected to remember every little detail of that plot, can we?
    While it would have been nice...it wasn't at all required of me to give. Planing every bit of the minutia hasn't worked out very well for this game to be honest. All the people that did know this was coming...quit a very long time ago. I didn't mention it because honestly...at the time I was sick to death of every time I posted -anything- I had to listen to a select few people rant and rave at me.

I won't be bullied this time around, nor will I be intimidated or castigated for an action I take ICly in the OOC. I am, dropping my humility for a moment, a good RPer and a good storyteller. And I would very much ask that you respect me and said ability more then you have in the past. That goes for everyone. The pertinent information will be provided when it's needed. Not a moment before and you will -not- be demanding it of me because you will be denied it on the grounds that frankly I don't bloody care for your tone nor do I like being strong armed or -forced- to do anything when no one is actually in charge around here.

Because honestly...that's another reason people drop. The lack of trust for anyone not within a very small circle has driven off more people then I care to tell you because it really doesn't matter anymore. Demanding full transparency is all well and good...but at the end of the day guys it's a nicety, not a requirement. Sometimes you just need to trust others to do the right thing instead of police them to make sure they do it. The chains get heavy...and I won't be putting them on again.

Expect an appropriate reaction to this. Takeshi is underestimating Gotei at his own peril, and this incident will most likely get him killed. Or worse.
    I don't know why you think I didn't know this from the get go. I fully anticipate it. Once again, it'd be nice if people trusted one another. I have never and will never worry about character death. That also sounded more a threat then anything else. Please tell me you didn't meant it as such.

For future reference, it's the only thing I plan on being a constant possibility. Characters, like people, die.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2011-05-09 at 01:24 PM.
    My Current Works