New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 15: Eye of the Tiger... Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Incidentally, we're talking about a part of the organization that had been accumulating knowledge for the better part of millennia. No matter how good the members of the Kido Corp. are, or how well they planned this, or even if Takeshi actually has a freaking portable hole, they'd never be able to take EVERYTHING with them.

Further, a little advance warning on this would have been nice. I wasn't aware of this plot, and you've been gone for months. You pulled this literally hours upon your return, when we all expected you'd be gone for good. So we can't be expected to remember every little detail of that plot, can we?

Expect an appropriate reaction to this. Takeshi is underestimating Gotei at his own peril, and this incident will most likely get him killed. Or worse.
    Takeshi also has knowledge of numerous kido, some of which the Gotei won't want him to use, probably. Not to mention all the capabilities of a captain and the ability to hide his reiatsu probably better than most of the others. That's without kido or a gigai. The seretei hasn't made a full scale invasion, and likely won't. The aftermath of the battle would be far too global for them to morally justify it, unless Kitano does something catastrophic. If Kujo could hide for so long without being caught, even though he had killed the former Commander, I think Takeshi will have a fair shot.

Not to mention if the Seretei makes a full invasion of the mortal world, there will be retaliation on multiple fronts. They can't send out a strong enough opponent for Takeshi without leaving themselves open to counter attack from multiple fronts, Takeshi and Hueco Mundo immediately come to mind. Moving to take down Takeshi will probably have nuclear level fallout with the spiritual world, so SWORD will probably at least try to stop them as well. Couple that with the Shinigami hate and the possibility of Hollow retaliation, and a search for Takeshi or the Kido Library could escalate into a full scale war, which as we've said, is a bad idea.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

2. - Top - End - #542
    Orc in the Playground

Riccaru, you're assuming the method used will be akin to hunting ducks with nukes.

First of all, neither Hueco Mundo nor Soul Society actually have an agreement insofar as "we can't look for missing people from our own side on the Mortal World". Mei and Serazel arrived in the Mortal World undisturbed as long as they kept discreet and didn't harm anyone. (Sereg on the other hand was about as subtle as a kick to the groin, which led to his current predicament.)

The truce is still ongoing for now. Hueco Mundo has no reason to break it on something as relatively flimsy as Takeshi finally flipping out. In fact, if not for his ability to hide and his order to disperse the cronies, his own escape would have probably precipitated the effect you're describing.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #543

Riccaru, you're assuming the method used will be akin to hunting ducks with nukes.

First of all, neither Hueco Mundo nor Soul Society actually have an agreement insofar as "we can't look for missing people from our own side on the Mortal World". Mei and Serazel arrived in the Mortal World undisturbed as long as they kept discreet and didn't harm anyone. (Sereg on the other hand was about as subtle as a kick to the groin, which led to his current predicament.)

The truce is still ongoing for now. Hueco Mundo has no reason to break it on something as relatively flimsy as Takeshi finally flipping out. In fact, if not for his ability to hide and his order to disperse the cronies, his own escape would have probably precipitated the effect you're describing.
    If Takeshi wants to stay out of the Seretei prisons, there's going to be a fight when and if they find him. That will cause damage by one side or the other, and with the Kido Commander and whoever is fighting him out of Soul Society, the opportunity arises for Hueco Mundo to assault. Big time.

The point is, going after Takeshi with any hope of bringing him in should be a very hard decision to make for Soul Society. There are possibilities of huge problems.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Orc in the Playground

On the flipside, they can't very well leave him just hanging around. They also have no evidence whatsoever that he hasn't turned coat; he pulled his little caper with a Garganta, for crying out loud.

Hunting Takeshi down is a no-brainer. Which methods will be used, who will participate, and how they'll keep it from being an all-out brawl are all decisions that will be considered before they do, but that doesn't mean leaving him free to do as he pleases with a wealth of powerful and forbidden knowledge is an option.

Hell, they might even try dialog first. That'd be revolutionary, right?
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-05-09 at 01:48 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #545
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, before we go on with this discussion, I want to ask you all a question. How do we want to be percieved in this game, by others?

What I mean by it is this; when someone comes along and looks at the thread title and goes "oh hey, that sounds neat! I'll check it out and see what's up," what do you want them to see?

Personally, I want them to see a cooperative, friendly, welcoming group that can discuss things without having to get frustrated or defensive or argumentative.

Now, know that I do not intend this to be taking anyone's side on anything here. I am asking this as an individual, as a fellow roleplayer, and as a guy who wants to make sure that everyone has a good time here.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

6. - Top - End - #546

On the flipside, they can't very well leave him just hanging around. They also have no evidence whatsoever that he hasn't turned coat; he pulled his little caper with a Garganta, for crying out loud.

Hunting Takeshi down is a no-brainer. Which methods will be used, who will participate, and how they'll keep it from being an all-out brawl are all decisions that will be considered before they do, but that doesn't mean leaving him free to do as he pleases with a wealth of powerful and forbidden knowledge is an option.

If he left in the first place, talking probably won't help. Especially once they tell him he'll be tried for treason and terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Okay, before we go on with this discussion, I want to ask you all a question. How do we want to be percieved in this game, by others?

What I mean by it is this; when someone comes along and looks at the thread title and goes "oh hey, that sounds neat! I'll check it out and see what's up," what do you want them to see?

Personally, I want them to see a cooperative, friendly, welcoming group that can discuss things without having to get frustrated or defensive or argumentative.

Now, know that I do not intend this to be taking anyone's side on anything here. I am asking this as an individual, as a fellow roleplayer, and as a guy who wants to make sure that everyone has a good time here.
    Good point. I really didn't want to start anything, I was just trying to say that Soul Society would have to be particularly careful for this one. I guess I came across a little strong. I honestly didn't mean to escalate thing in our own mortal world. Sorry if I've offended you, Kuroi. I'm not exactly subtle myself.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Orc in the Playground

None taken. I'm none too subtle myself.

Although truth be told, I didn't think this was going into full-blown heated argument myself... even if the words were a little on the strong side.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #548
    Pixie in the Playground

hey all, sorry for not posting replies or reading on whats goign on...this week is realaly busy for me. i still plan to post with my characters at some point...but i will pretty inactive until next week (monday-ish)

if someone needs a role fulfilled in a plot or has some interest in RPing jsut let me know...i have plenty of characters

Righty: how is all this Kido stuff goign to affect Misaki? I am sure Taro will be very concerned for her

also..did anyone ever decide what time we are at in Soul Society in regards to when the invasion was? i know some people are still on the same day, but it woudl be good to know when everythign is happening so we can tie up loose ends and catch up

sorry for the spelling mistakes...im in ah urry

see ya all soon...dont be afraid to PM me...i am notified in my email when you do so i can get back quickly

9. - Top - End - #549
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've been kind of overloaded with finals, so I hadn't looked at Innis' posts until recently. I'm gonna say Misaki is likely oblivious to the events at the moment, but I will have Katisugo show up in a post or two IC checking on Misaki.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

This, and above with what Innis was saying, is part of one of the things in this game as well. When it feels like a small circle of people who are not inviting of others (which, I'll be honest, it felt like when I joined Bleachitp originally), it takes dedication to get into the game. And yes, I was crap at first, but you don't get better without doing.

Maybe there should be less obvious planning in the open. Maybe there should be. We'll see.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree with this thought and also TGVA. For a long time now I have felt uncomfortable reading OOC and posting for this game. Maybe it's why I don't post very often. Every time I tried to make plot idea, there was large argument in OOC thread. So I stopped trying to make plot ideas.

It is sad so many good friends became left of the game. It is nice to see Innis again, but it is uncomfortable to see so much argument already. It is not an optimistic feeling about the future, so I hope it will change happily.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'll simply reiterate my feelings that the current way things went down for the Kido Corps is best, because it allows Innis his plot, while still giving options for other players in regards to the Kido Corps.

As for responses by various groups, we should probably adopt a "wait and see" approach. Certainly, characters who are something of "faction leads" will likely take front and center in shaping policy as it relates to these events.

Otherwise, it probably is a good idea to cool off a bit. At the same time, too many accusations of people "making it hostile" doesn't help matters either, folks.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ettin in the Playground

Less OOC discussion. More IC action. That is what we need.

*lashes whip*
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Less OOC discussion. More IC action. That is what we need.

*lashes whip*
    *Cringes under the whip*

Yes, master!

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    At the same time, too many accusations of people "making it hostile" doesn't help matters either, folks.
    I disagree, because I think maybe it is not realized sometime by some people that their writing is making the game feel hostile. But maybe if they see opinions of some people, then they will realize and try to not write hostile posts.

I like InyutheBeatIS's post very much because it is good suggestion and same hopes of me. We should all think about how our words can be read.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Orc in the Playground

*nibbles on whip* Hey, don't lookit me. I'm waiting for replies on multiple threads, you know.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #557
    Firbolg in the Playground

As said, I fully anticipate character death with every action. Though to point out, Garganta are used quite a lot in the Kido Corp by the higher ups. It's a De spell and would be classified as such even in Kido Training. In otherwords, it'd not be that strange.

I of course agree with this sentiment. I am sorry if I came off harsh but I figured it'd be the same old hat here and wanted to draw my line in the sand. It was reactionary at best, and it won't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    I've been kind of overloaded with finals, so I hadn't looked at Innis' posts until recently. I'm gonna say Misaki is likely oblivious to the events at the moment, but I will have Katisugo show up in a post or two IC checking on Misaki.
    How ever you'd like to play it. I'd have waited for the big reveal after every active member of the Corp had showed up but I honestly didn't know when that'd be and wanted to get something moving.

I'll simply reiterate my feelings that the current way things went down for the Kido Corps is best, because it allows Innis his plot, while still giving options for other players in regards to the Kido Corps.
    As stated, this was intentional. I'm not sure everyone will agree it was for the best, but that's the fun of an opinion.

As it stands though, as per my second post. It'd be fairly common knowledge by this point what happened.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Orc in the Playground

Apologies if not everyone is so into the technical aspects of swordfighting as I am.

Man, typing all those out sure brings back memories...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #559
    Orc in the Playground

Hibiki hasn't even finished the Raikoho cast yet, ricarru. That said, it's a little annoying the full barrage didn't leave so much as a scratch, given the surprise nature, and pincer effect of the ambush.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

*Reads Mortal World*

Hi there, Metta. Where'd your pop culture references go?

Also:

1.)Has anyone heard anything from Moon Wolf lately? We could probably use her here and there...

2.)Horngeek: Is Natsuko or someone from 13th going to show? Poor Allan's right, he did call for backup a while ago.

Not that backup would appear to matter much in this fight.

21. - Top - End - #561

*Reads Mortal World*

Wut
    My Current Works

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ettin in the Playground

Creating things. Technically that was more of Von geister's old style, he is the one who opened gargantas in the mortal world to flood it with reishi he could use to be OP play god shape into anything and everything stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #563

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Allan

As Allan's sword whirls through the air, he reappears next to it, holding the blade in one hand. He's a bit dirtier than he was before, but otherwise seems to have escaped harm from the missile...somehow. He stabilizes his position on the air, then points his Zanpakuto at Sereg. He is currently between Sereg and the projected target of the Cero.

"In case you hadn't noticed, you already blew a hole in the city. If you think you can just kill all those people and leave, you've got another thing coming!"

Despite his bravado, Allan is far more concerned than he let on.

I called for backup ages ago. Why isn't anyone here?
    I though the people were evacuated by SWORD earlier?

The hole he put there already is a lot like an impact crater, it's more like something hit the earth hard. It can be played off as a meteor hit, in all reality. The new "hole" he's talking about is going horizontal to the ground through the city. This would probably collapse buildings and kill anything in the direct path. If everything works right he won't be shooting at anything. Nothing in it for him, after all.

24. - Top - End - #564

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Creating things. Technically that was more of Von geister's old style, he is the one who opened gargantas in the mortal world to flood it with reishi he could use to be OP play god shape into anything and everything stuff.
    Ah, I see what you're saying now. I was just trying to give an explanation on how both Uruhara and the Vizard had two more or less planes under their hide outs. It seemed like an ok way to put it. I wasn't going to do any of the OP sillyness.
    My Current Works

25. - Top - End - #565
    Bugbear in the Playground

Even if S.W.O.R.D. evacuated the area, Allan doesn't know that.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ettin in the Playground

The ability to create out of reishi is not OP in itself, every hollow and shinigami has it, it is how they airwalk.

Von Geister's ability to do it was OP.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'd always figured Urahara had made his lair by physically digging it out, and then using kido to "spruce it up". *Shrugs*

28. - Top - End - #568

I'd agree with that but it doesn't have any bearing on this game And I know all Spiritual entities have the ability, it was just the only thing I could think that would work for making what is more or less a Demi-Plane and something akin to the TARDIS. Which if I recall the Vizards area operated as on both counts.

@KD-the thing is both his and the Vizard's area look nearly identical. It could even be the same place for all we know. I doubt they'll ever mention it so it can be chalked up to just scenery in the end.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2011-05-10 at 06:29 PM.
    My Current Works

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

*Reads Mortal World*

Also:

1.)Has anyone heard anything from Moon Wolf lately? We could probably use her here and there...

2.)Horngeek: Is Natsuko or someone from 13th going to show? Poor Allan's right, he did call for backup a while ago.

Not that backup would appear to matter much in this fight.
    In fact, yes. Incidentally, Kasanip, when you have time- what would 'Defender' be in Japanese?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    In fact, yes. Incidentally, Kasanip, when you have time- what would 'Defender' be in Japanese?
    防衛者 Boueisya

You can always send PM of this kind of question. Maybe it will not be seen in ooc thread sometimes