New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 15: Eye of the Tiger... Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    He's already used one quote for a super weapon going off. I don't see why he'd not use another
    At least those dragonflies don't have "frikken lazer beams".
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Firbolg in the Playground

The sharks will.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Yeah... the only really nasty hit with a kido last game that I remember was by Daisuke against Von Geister.

Hado 90 FTW.
    Yeah, because Hideki didn't have a spell capable of vaporising nations and did not use it in one situation.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #1054

The sharks will.
    Sharks are so one dimensional. Also, very glad someone got that. I'm usually left standing.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Yeah, because Hideki didn't have a spell capable of vaporising nations and did not use it in one situation.
    Oh, right. I forgot.

Please don't set Von Geister on me. Any of them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, right. I forgot.

Please don't set Von Geister on me. Any of them.
    Too late. Prepare yourself for the acid-spore-spitting fivefold-faced and inhuman reishi colossus!

*sicks huge vaguely described fungoid monster at horngeek*
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

FUKOU DA!

*runs*

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ettin in the Playground

FUKOU DA!

*runs*
    No idea what that means.

And because I can't miss this.

So why don't you go back to your palace, rest up and come woo my pits at a later time
    Is that the new slang for "getting into her pants"?
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-05-18 at 01:22 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #1059

No idea what that means.

Well, that's what I was going for with the first bit. He is delving into her deep dark unmentionable hole which saps the strength and resolve from man. So no, nothing of the sort.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ogre in the Playground

No idea what that means.
    Reference to To Aru Majutsu No Index. Catchphase of the main character, means 'Such Misfortune'.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

So why don't you go back to your palace, rest up and come woo my pits at a later time
    Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Well, that's what I was going for with the first bit. He is delving into her deep dark unmentionable hole which saps the strength and resolve from man. So no, nothing of the sort.
    Pits : Espada's preferred slang of choice for classy innuendo.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

Here's a present.

The Story of Taiki Takahashi

Spoiler
    Show
    Taiki Takahashi was born to an unremarkable family in the closer districts of the Rukon. He grew up in the shadow of the great walls of Sereitei, and every day he went out to play with his friends, one of the Gatekeepers looked over him. Even as a young boy, Taiki knew what he wanted to do. The Gatekeeper was so large and so powerful that Taiki could not help but admire him. Every day, the Gatekeeper helped the town, using his great strength to help construct homes, perform rescues, even watch the children. Taiki knew that if he was to be anything, he wanted to be like the Gatekeeper. So, as soon as he was old enough, Taiki joined the Shinigami Academy.

At first, Taiki was a failure. He had trouble performing Kido and his sense of reiatsu was off which screwed with his shunpo. And, as he had no previous skill fighting, he was a very weak swordsman and physical combatant. However, Taiki worked hard. He worked hard, and long, and dedicated himself to his goal. Despite this, he still struggled. Eventually, he began to grow disheartened. He doubted himself. Was it worth the effort? Could he really become a Shinigami? And one day, he succeeded. Though he was never a remarkable student, never skilled in any of the 4 schools of Shinigami, he did something very few students could manage.

Taiki spoke with Benei.

Or rather, Benei spoke with him. His internal spirit recognized his dedication and she spoke to him. His own inner power recognized his determination, and it showed him what he had inside him. It showed him that he had the strength and determination to succeed, and that with that alone he could accomplish what he desired. It showed him not to be afraid. It showed him confidence. The only thing it could not show him was itself.

At the end of his years of schooling, Taiki graduated in the top 10 of his class. Because his skills in both hakuda and zanjutsu were his greatest, Taiki was offered a position in 11th. However, Taiki instead applied for 3rd Division, hoping to diversify his skills rather than focus them. While learning in the 3rd Division, Taiki gained more and more understanding of his abilities. Benei revealed her name to Taiki, and he quickly learned that his Shikai was a permanent release-type, due to Benei's elusive nature. Although he continued to struggle with Kido, his shunpo quickly developed. He soon mastered that skill to the level that he could apply for a position in 2nd Division.

While his application was going through, however, he met the person that would change his life: Ai Masachika (First name Ai, Family Name Masachika). At first, they were mere acquaintances. But after Taiki's initial rejection from 2nd, the two grew incredibly close. Eventually, the two fell in love. The two were meant for each other, or so it seemed. Ai Masachika was a noble, and while Taiki had a favorable track record, he was not a nobleman, and Ai's family rejected their relationship. That did not stop them from spending 5 years together. It should have been longer.

On a patrol, the two and the remainder of their troop encountered a strange anomaly. The reiatsu was strange, unlike any that Sereitei had ever detected. As far as their information was aware, the target was a known criminal and, as such, the 3rd Division was tasked with executing the offender. The patrol succeeded in tracking their foe down, but when they arrived, they could not trace him. Soon, he had taken down several of their members, separating them in the woods and eliminating them one-by-one through confusion and incredible speed. Taiki and Ai remained together and therefore remained alive. For the time being, at least. The creature leaped from the woods and struck Ai down in a single blow. It was not shinigami, nor was it hollow. It appeared to be a normal human, but it bore the mark of the hollow, the mask. Taiki would later discover what the true term for it was; a Vizard. Taiki fought valiantly. With the creature's advantage of surprise lost, Taiki managed to battle it long enough for reinforcements to arrive and permanently subdue the creature. However, they were too late to save any of the remaining patrol. Taiki submitted his report. When he found out that the Vizard was in fact a previous friend and well-wisher of both his and Ai's, his resignation from 3rd Division appeared shortly thereafter. He would never forget what a Vizard could do.

Taiki moved on to a new division, the 2nd, where he hoped to learn reliance on himself and further advance what skills he could, namely his hakuda and shunpo. Over his time, Taiki rose quickly in rank. The 2nd Division truly earned Taiki the name of "broken blade." Benei's invisibility was incredibly helpful for a member of the Stealth Force. He also eventually mastered his Bankai during this time, learning even more from his zanpakuto. After many hard years of dedicated work, Taiki advanced to the rank of 3th Seat. It was at this moment that Taiki began to attract attention. As head of the Assassination Force of the Onmitsukido and a prominent member of Gotei 13 with high strength, ability, and leadership, Taiki applied for Captaincy. His first attempts at becoming a Captain failed due to lack of experience, lack of strength of character, and lack of a division he could actually lead. After the death of Captain Mio Osagawa, Captain Naomi Maruyama suggested promoting Taiki to the rank of Captain. After demonstrating his skills in front of a panel of captains, including the current Commander-General, Taiki received the necessary recommendation and became the Captain of 10th Division.

Under Taiki's leadership, 10th Division changed. Maggot's Nest regulations grew more strict, resulting in many members of the Maggot's Nest being moved around until several were set free. It was all to make space for one special prisoner, one whom Taiki considered a huge threat and, now that he was a captain, for whom he could properly appeal to the Central 46 for holding rights. That man's name was Hannibal Magalhães. Taiki was the reason he was held as long as he was, where he was, and in the condition he was. Considering Taiki's otherwise completely successful management of 10th, Central 46 failed to find good reason to deny Taiki's requests, on the grounds that he was held for 12th Division research.

Roughly 80 years after becoming Captain, Taiki learned of a new Captain recruit for the 13th Division. Her name was Natsuko Hayashi. As always, Taiki remained his cordial self towards her, but as they grew to know each other, Taiki soon found himself in love again. A bit wary, he eventually found out of her own emotions when she admitted them to him herself. Since that moment, the two have been incredibly close, eventually getting married 10 years later. They have been happily married for 10 years, and have since had their first child, Hikari Hayashi.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-05-18 at 02:37 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ogre in the Playground

So that's why he hates Vizard so much...

Want to RP Natsuko telling him her VC is now one?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I actually had plans for Aya to try to become the next Commander Captain of the Gotei 13 to have the power to fully enact the sort of changes she wants to better Rukongai.

But the more I think about how events potentially plays out, she might not even live before this tale closes.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Always plan to die. The worst thing is your mildly disappointed when it doesn't happen. Role Playing is like Flying, it's more throwing yourself at the ground and missing than anything else.
    Aye and I can see you coiling your clutches on another pawn. *rubs palms* Dance puppets! DANCE!
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Don't hate the player. Hate the game he talked you into playing.
    *Snerk* Player *Snerk*

That's it. Next round I'll field a Magnificent Bastard.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-18 at 02:56 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    hey all,

im really sorry i have been out of touch. IT is rare to happen to me but work is being crappy with me.

i am still crazy busy with work, and will be at least until Thursday or Friday. I'd like to post somethign from each of my characters hopefully Friday.

Can someone catch me up on what has been going on and what is different?

Are Callos and FF back? YAH!!

Callos, you want Yaago out in the wild with Genny?
    I was thinking of making Lalita pay a visit to Yaago soon enough.

Also, on the training for Aya, while I'm sure it'll help people are forgetting is...well several fold.

1. The Mist effect is a separate effect from the darkness. The Darkness is just a simulation of several things.

2. You can't get immune to sensory deprivation. While you can probably teach yourself to resist the effects...there's a point where the body simply shuts down.

3. No one in the Gotei (even now) has seen his full Shikai.
    Point two is correct, but whether it's always significant is another thing entirely. For example, in his battle with Shishou and Aya, Takeshi made the mistake of starting with a chanted Kido within close-combat range. We already know that if it'd been anyone but Aya, he'd either be dead or powerless by now.

Also, knowledge of Takeshi's Zanpakuto powers is strictly tertiary to fighting him. Majority of his offensive and defensive options are based around Kido, his Shikai and Bankai are just cream on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    It basically means the only chance any melee fighter has of defeating Takeshi is a surprise attack with a clocking of his jaw.
    Takeshi is (relatively) slow and feeble, and Bakudo are not flawless defence against Hakuda or Zanjutsu. If he makes the mistake of starting a fight up close again, he'll end up dead in no time.

I have a lot of time to think on my hands as most things go. The thing with the last Bleach...and even this game is Kido isn't utilized in creative combinations. If I'm to play Takeshi correctly I have to at least have six or seven fairly nasty idea's on hand at any one time. So it's become a goal of mine to write down at least four each day and pull them out when needed.
    Dunno how much you can say about creative combinations, as I'm fairly sure you've missed several events where they played an important part. I can also guarantee the situation will be remedied when Sayuri gets to duel someone.

Though Nicklance has already said, I don't think anyone has anything planned or set up. I personally intend to keep it that way. The day Role Playing is scripted is the day I quit RPing and actually try to make a living at screen writing. Because that's what it will become.
    Screw scripts, I was just noting existence of character relations that our new player(s) might not know about, due to them having been established months before they joined the game.

Though I said it's not what you'd expect I can't fathom personally why you think he's making a mask for himself that's anything more than a mask. Though by your words it's quite clear you -think- you know.
    The whole point is that I don't know, and can't even guess. I could certainly see Takeshi making a party mask for himself, but then I couldn't think why he'd hold it as important.

Though you're wrong that he mis-interpreted Hannibal's words, they got through loud and clear. Takeshi either doesn't give two red cents what the point was and has disregarded it or simply thinks he's wrong.
    Turning your back to the target or not firing at all can constitute missing as well. It certainly makes no difference to Ol' Hanny.

Elder: That is certainly one take on it, though I restate that you are looking at the Mask as something more than it really is. So if that's the only reason Elder would try to kill Takeshi...it's flimsy and only founded on an incorrect interpertation of events OOCly. Then again, Elder is a hollow so Takeshi wants to kill her, so there's an IC reason for them to fight.
    We have a spiritual setting here, so the metaphysical symbolism of the mask is quite important. Not that Elder's way of looking at it is the only way, or the correct way, but should she see Takeshi with a mask it'd well be enough to tick her off to the point of killing him. I can't think of why Takeshi wants a mask so bad, but I can think of how Elder would react to seeing it on his face. So, it's not OOC at all; it also doesn't matter whether she's correct, it only matters that she thinks she's correct.

And again, if the mask is just mask, I can't understand why Takeshi would be so meticulous about it, or why Hannibal would have any bearing to its making. If it isn't just a mask, I still can't think of why it is so important, because there's no importance in it being a mask unless Takeshi is getting himself an Inner Hollow.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Added a character image to Aya and Cuerva, will expand on Cuerva's stuff later.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ettin in the Playground

To cover his face. Why do you wear a mask?
    To protect my face from sand, molten-hot sparks of fire and metal, to keep myself from breathing in noxious substances, to conceal my identity, to pay homage to someone, to appear fearsome etc.

All of these fall under the very broad category of covering for my face, but the underlying reasons can still be wildly different. So "to cover his face" is an answer that is both true and utterly unhelpful.

Because sometimes actions a character takes are just actions, nothing more or less. And sometimes they're similar to important story elements because the writer likes to make people wonder so that when it is revealed they'll hopefully be surprised. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes it's a whopping big plot point that will have big implications for the meta-story as a whole. And sometimes the writer just likes to screw with everyone and a whole post is written just to throw sand in everyone's eyes while he robs them blind. It could be any of those things really. I'll let you pick.
    Oh, screw you. The whole fascination with masks things has been underway a long, long time, and you've been obviously building it up since before you left. Claiming "sometimes, cigar is just a cigar" now, when that's the point Hanny tried to make and Takeshi rejected, is kinda fruitless, don't you think?

Anyways, like I said, I'm sure you'll divulge it sooner or later. So there's little point to argue why I'm confused, since you obviously aren't going to ease that, instead preferring to go around in circles around the issue.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Right then. Got some balls rolling , but I won't really be able to post right and proper until later tonight than normal.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ogre in the Playground

I might do a Rukon reaction post after this discussed announcement.

Remember, people- the Hayashis have had projects going for generations, and I mean in SS terms, not human generations.

I'm not saying the entire Rukon is cosy, but there are definite positive influences, and from a Noble Family's work.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't think it's really ever been a question that Takeshi is at least partially delusional. All that alcohol at young age must've done something to that pseudo-adolescent brain of his.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-05-18 at 07:23 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I don't think it's really ever been a question that Takeshi is at least partially delusional. All that alcohol at young age must've done something to that pseudo-adolescent brain of his.
    If only Aya had been around earlier to notice it and give him some good hugging.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I might do a Rukon reaction post after this discussed announcement.

Remember, people- the Hayashis have had projects going for generations, and I mean in SS terms, not human generations.

I'm not saying the entire Rukon is cosy, but there are definite positive influences, and from a Noble Family's work.
    Don't forget that the Nakamuras have been busy planting sustainable businesses to help people generate their own wealth, as well as planting orphanages. The scale isn't as large as the Hayashis, but it's something of a "snowball effect", since each planted business is encouraged to turn around and invest in others. And even if it's not as long-running, there's an impact nonetheless. Check my reg entry for more.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    If only Aya had been around earlier to notice it and give him some good hugging.
    Whether she was or not, her efforts were unfortunately not enough as of the start of the game. Have you read through the first Soul Society thread? It contains Takeshi's best before Innis took a break. I suggest you do so, it's quite entertaining.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Titan in the Playground

Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait wait wait wait wait wait wait.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "He said we don't police the Rukon with Shinigami. We explain why we don't want Might to Make Right."
    What.

I'm fairly certain there's a division that has this as part of its job. I hope Takeshi did his research.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-05-18 at 08:38 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Whether she was or not, her efforts were unfortunately not enough as of the start of the game. Have you read through the first Soul Society thread? It contains Takeshi's best before Innis took a break. I suggest you do so, it's quite entertaining.
    I'll try to find it. Who started that thread? Its easier to search from profile.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Titan in the Playground

Here.

By the way, we should link to all of these somewhere if we haven't already.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait wait wait wait wait wait wait.

What.

I'm fairly certain there's a division that has this as part of its job. I hope Takeshi did his research.
    Wait a minute...wait what?
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Titan in the Playground

10th Division has patrolling the Rukon as part of its job. There's in fact one person playing a Shinigami that does just that. Rukon is included in "Soul Society." I was under the impression that didn't need to be stated, but I guess it did?

Also, missed this:
    So that's why he hates Vizard so much...

Want to RP Natsuko telling him her VC is now one?
    Yes, we can do that. Except that Taiki doesn't know the story on Karite yet.

1) Are we doing the planned time skip?
    2) Frozen_Feet, want to make that flashback an episode thread? I've got an idea for how it could happen.