New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 31

[The generic dragon]
    Honey, let me. Char tries to grab the menu. ((deadtime.))
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

2. - Top - End - #602
    Bugbear in the Playground

[The Generic Dragon]

"Honey?" says Crae, quirking his eyebrow, but he still lets her take the menu.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Riftline]

"Well if that works for you then it'll be fine for me." the catamander said, glad that some sort of agreement could be worked out. However, the line seemed to be slowing down as it drew near the next station. "Though.. That might not be much of a problem now. I think this is my stop up here." the catamander said, shading her eyes with a hand and looking in the distance.

"Right! So if you ever see me up here again, just remember what I've said already, okay?" the thief said, adding a small question for emphasis. The station in particular seemed to be the stop for Steele Street as could be guessed from the gas lamps and generally smoggy air.... That might be the reason why her fur was a sooty black, actually...

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

Hotel

Jericus nods with a smile. "I understand. We can get to it after breakfast. Mind if I drag Jamie's mind along so she can see what I'm doing?"

5. - Top - End - #605
    Troll in the Playground

Riftline

Puzzled Acquiescence: I will backup your words onto my auxiliary data storage drive.

Poor little robot. It is confused.

Once the stop is reached, and Nephea is safely on land, the robot will return down the hatch.

((deadtime))
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #606
    Troll in the Playground

Hotel

There's a clatter from the kitchen.

Followed by a startled yelp!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #607

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Emergency Clinic?]

When Zefir opens his eyes he will find a field stretched out before him. A gentle breeze disturbs the long grass, sending ripples across it's surface. The sun is just starting to sink below the horizon.

[Animal Shelter]

The animal screams out in pain as it is finally shown the compassion it described. It's voice echoes in the room a moment after its death. "I was loved."

The cages in the room now only hold clean, white bones and the air is clean.
    [Maybe still Emergency Clinic?]

Zefir makes a look at the note again and then walks in the direction of the sinking sun.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Sewers

Once they're sure the ones in the room are gone, the remaining Tunnel Rats gather their dead and begin to make their way out.

Yellow Zone-Golems

The last of the large golems are shattered, and several of the smaller ones. Seeing their heavy support dead, the smaller ones start to run from the walkers and towards one of the overgrown streets.

Assuming the stasis field prevents all movement, the walker is frozen in place, and the bullets seem to be causing some minor damage. Depending on how long the field lasts, they may be able to disable at least one of it's legs.

Meanwhile, Viper Leader, on foot, continues to track down the commander.

The ones firing over the wall will find their rounds being stopped by the massive shield covering Inside. The others who fire at the gate, will see it burst open, causing a large cloud of smoke and dust to obscure their vision.

The men climbing the walls won't be attacked as they scale the sides.

Hotel

Jericus looks like he is still asleep, resting on his back.
    Sewers

They've earned whatever rest they can get, stopping a digger squad is no laughing matter.

Yellow Zone-Golems

Then what happens?

Yellow Zone-Viper Squad

Once the stasis field has the walkers stilled, the rest of the aliens move on after their commander, not wanting to inflict any more human casualties. The one following the commander was the one I referred to as being shot at, and said situation continues. No more heavy weapons are used, but some small fusion guns are used to try and sear the joints together.

City Gate

The ones firing over the shield wall will fire one more salvo, then direct their attention to the empty spot in the infantry funnel that was meant specifically so that anyone getting past the two diagonal walls would be an easy target. The funnel moves forward a few tentative steps, then sinks the bottom parts of their shields into the ground for stability, then raise them, then step forward a bit, then sink them in again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [scrapyard]

Harnel would whistle in appreciation, but his unique facial structure doesn't allow for that. Instead, he says, "That's impressive. You weren't kidding when you said he's built for combat."

He looks for a moment longer, then turns to Phil, "Could I ask a favor of you?"
    "Thanks, I'm rather proud of him myself, even if it IS what I was made for," he nods to Rho, and all the features disappear.
    "Depends on the favor, really," Phil shrugs.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

[Most Definitely Not the Emergency Clinic?]

After an hour of walking, Zefir will see a bare tree. Once he gets closer, he will see that it isn't truly a tree at all. It is constructed entirely out of bones, and surrounding it is a pool of blood.

10. - Top - End - #610

[After a hour of walking defnitly Not the Emergency Clinic!]

Zefir looks up his note than the pool, than the note than the pool...

"If it isn't worth it I will kill whoever brought that to me."

Zefir isn't sure if he needs to take the clothes of or what will happen after he took his bath. He will stay in his clothes and then go into the bloodpool until he is full underwater blood. He tries to stay there for some secounds but after two he has to arise. Keeping himself down to prevent to vomit.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

[Under the Sea Nasty Pool of Blood]

The blood is warm and thick. When Zefir emerges from the pool of blood a bone hand presses a small vial of liquid into his hand.

12. - Top - End - #612

[In a pool of blood which Vampires would like but is Not the Emergency Clinic!]

Zefir takes the vial.

"Yes some water is nice. This taste of blood in my mouth isn't fine."

He steps out of the blood and drinks the water in the vial. Then he looks around as if he searches for something.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hey, the Emergency Clinic Again]

When Zefir looks around, he will find that he is back in the emergency clinic. I would recommend a shower.

This vial is Object 22 of 538. The hour is nigh and the demons are calling.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Inside 31

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "... Cora... no." Reinholdt frowns. Coralie was killed. He wasn't there to protect her, but her death was pretty given. It was probably just another little girl.

Reinholdt carefully pushes at the door to get it to open wider and step inside, peering in with his cat eyes. Even so, everything seemed... darker than he was used to. Even the night didn't bring this kind of pallor.
    "Hello?" He repeats.
    The laughter stops as he opens the door, but it still feels like someone's in there. Trying not to be found.

The room itself looks like it was once an office or waiting area, a desk and several chairs being the dominant furniture, and seems as clean as the other one except for a little handprint on the worn wallpaper behind the desk.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

15. - Top - End - #615

[What, the Emergency Clinic Again?]

"What the HELL?"

He looks around. Drained in Blood and such stuff with the Vial in hand. (Did he hear the sentenc or is it just an information?)

"Someone told me of some very powerful Item I could find.
    Or was it just a dream."

Noticing the blood now.

"Ehhhh.... No, but I should wash myself first."

16. - Top - End - #616
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    EE

"Oh, so not, like, adamant or anything like that?" Crissy asks.
    Dorotha raises her eyebrow. That would be rather unnecessary, even if I could get my hands on a sufficient amount of adamant. I do have an alternative, though; I can leave the golem hollow inside.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    The laughter stops as he opens the door, but it still feels like someone's in there. Trying not to be found.

The room itself looks like it was once an office or waiting area, a desk and several chairs being the dominant furniture, and seems as clean as the other one except for a little handprint on the worn wallpaper behind the desk.
    Reinholdt shakes his head a little. This wasn't the hallicination after effects of some of the drugs he had been taking lately... was it?

Well... regardless, he goes to investigate the handprint a little closer. Is it like embedded in the wall or is it like dirt making an outline?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Reinholdt shakes his head a little. This wasn't the hallicination after effects of some of the drugs he had been taking lately... was it?

Well... regardless, he goes to investigate the handprint a little closer. Is it like embedded in the wall or is it like dirt making an outline?
    It looks like a child had tried to push the wall and left a spot of something in the shape of her palm and fingers on the wallpaper.

If Reinholdt investigate he will see that the handprint is in blood right before a soft thud and click sounds behind him along with a mocking laugh of someone far in his past. Someone he thought dead.

It sounds like Tabitha had shut the door behind him, locking him in with the shadows that suddenly seem far too distinct on the dark floor.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt shudders and whirls.
    "Wh-who's there?! This isn't funny!"
    His ears were playing tricks on him. Coralie was dead. Tabitha was dead. And that was that. Nothing to it. Nothing at all. Just some other females playing nasty games.
    And apparently some very nasty ones. Reinholdt goes to hop up on top of the desk and ready his sniper rifle, giving a quick glance at the ceiling to ensure nothing up there was making the shadows, before keeping a wary eye on th
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    "Thanks, I'm rather proud of him myself, even if it IS what I was made for," he nods to Rho, and all the features disappear.
    "Depends on the favor, really," Phil shrugs.
    Scrapyard

Harnel swings the hammer of his back. the damned thing is huge - probably sized for someone who is about eight feet tall, which Harnel himself falls a little over a foot short of. Despite this, he wields it like it's fairly light. who knows, for him it probably is. "It's nothing big, I'm just having trouble figuring this hammer out. What it does and how it does it." he clicks a button, and energy covers the head of it for a moment, but then it winks back out, back into a normal hammer. To the trained eye, which Harnel isn't, it's obviously a power field, "I'm trying to figure out why that turns off whenever I turn it on."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Reinholdt shudders and whirls.
    "Wh-who's there?! This isn't funny!"
    His ears were playing tricks on him. Coralie was dead. Tabitha was dead. And that was that. Nothing to it. Nothing at all. Just some other females playing nasty games.
    And apparently some very nasty ones. Reinholdt goes to hop up on top of the desk and ready his sniper rifle, giving a quick glance at the ceiling to ensure nothing up there was making the shadows, before keeping a wary eye on th
    "no one-one-ne-e"

An echoing voice, eerily like Calublufiok's, answers Reinholdt with an amused tone much like when he described the poor cat's people dying ever so slowly and torturous when the heat of the entire universe was suddenly gone.

As Reinholdt looks down he may see that the shadows are turning more and more solid, almost acting like a corrupted vision of water, carrying all lying on the floor off and crushing them against the desk, if he looks at the wall again he will also see that the wallpaper around the handprint is being dragged along too, revealing an odd mirror that reflects the room exactly as it looked before, escept that Reinholdt is not in it.

Calublufiok is, looming over Coralie.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arkham Street - Hospital]

Reinholdt eyes widen to the size of saucer disks, and not because he's found the magical milk treasure. He scrambles backwards, knocking over a pencil container and nearly falling off himself.

"N-n-nooo. You're permadead. You can't. Even if you could Eve would protect her. I-I-I leave her alone!" Reinholdt scrambles forward to pounce at the mirror.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #623
    Orc in the Playground

Battlefield of Tyranny

When she thinks the soldier is looking away from her, Nephrim pulls an automatic pistol out of her bag; this particular pistol has a silencer. Which she will use to try and sneak-kill him; the revolver is in case Nephrim has no other option but shoot. Nephrim has many other pistols in her bag.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ogre in the Playground

[Battlefield of Tyranny]

A silenced pistol? Well then, the man goes down easily and the rest of the combatants aren't alerted. This is Nephrim's chance to go, one side is beating back the other, and they won't be distracted for much longer.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    Scrapyard

Harnel swings the hammer of his back. the damned thing is huge - probably sized for someone who is about eight feet tall, which Harnel himself falls a little over a foot short of. Despite this, he wields it like it's fairly light. who knows, for him it probably is. "It's nothing big, I'm just having trouble figuring this hammer out. What it does and how it does it." he clicks a button, and energy covers the head of it for a moment, but then it winks back out, back into a normal hammer. To the trained eye, which Harnel isn't, it's obviously a power field, "I'm trying to figure out why that turns off whenever I turn it on."
    "Ah, disruption field. I'll need to know the model, or if it's custom made, get a closer look at the emitter and the power system It may be low on power, there may be some sort of problem with whatever creates the 'sheath' of...well, whatever it uses...around the head," Phil holds his hands out to receive the handle, apparently not worried about the weight himself.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Orc in the Playground

Battlefield of Tyranny

Nephrim will try her best to dash past the combat, her axe and silenced pistol held ready in case she has to fight again. She'll make sure she's always heading for the clock tower and try not to hide anywhere that can't see the tower. She will if she has no other choice, but it's not ideal.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground

[Battlefield of Tyranny]

Nephrim avoids notice for now, and should be able to make it all the way to the tower without being spotted if she doesn't make herself too obvious. There is fighting in every direction, but they are too occupied with killing each other.

Assuming she heads straight to the tower, Nephrim will find the entrance guarded by two wolf-like beasts. Their fur is matted and black, their mouths drip foam, and their claws are stained bright red with blood.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Orc in the Playground

Battlefield of Tyranny

Nephrim lays her axe next to her and pulls two pistols from her rucksack; they are both rather high-calibre and rather powerful as well. She'll unload them into the nearest beast, and if they are ineffective or don't kill it before it gets too close, she'll pick up her axe and stretch it into halberd length and swing at the wolf-thing's head with all her might; she's surprisingly strong for a being in such a small form. She'd use Fear, but she doubts it would work as effectively given they are supposed to be feared. Although, the scarier one is, the more one has to be scared of. Or possibly I just made that up.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Troll in the Playground

Erin's Emporium

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dorotha raises her eyebrow. That would be rather unnecessary, even if I could get my hands on a sufficient amount of adamant. I do have an alternative, though; I can leave the golem hollow inside.
    "Wouldn't that, like, make it more vulnerable though?" Crissy asks, looking curious.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

30. - Top - End - #630
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

It would, but it would also help make it more mobile while allowing for a larger size. I think I'll go with the metal skeleton, though. Oversized golems are bulky anyway.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.