New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Sorry, Aya, I can't promise you that." Shishiou noted in a sad tone.

"Both heart and mind are what makes up a person's resolve. All heart and no mind makes one lose direction. All mind and no heart means one is unable to take anyone and anything but himself into account. I'm unwilling to compromise on the idea that one should keep his heart in his sleeve just because he's on-duty.

Takeshi's biggest mistake was not that he broke the rules. It was the fact he selfishly decided he was right and everyone else was wrong. Rules are made so that we can avoid the worst case scenarios, but they're unable to account for every situation. That's why sometimes they're meant to be broken. If it means that I'll be able to heal your heart, I don't care what hardships I'll need to face."
    Aya looks downwards for a moment, thinking before she looks at Shishiou again.

"So you're saying that we should disregard the rules and head down to the Mortal World to confront Takeshi?"
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

2. - Top - End - #572
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Aya looks downwards for a moment, thinking before she looks at Shishiou again.

"So you're saying that we should disregard the rules and head down to the Mortal World to confront Takeshi?"
    "No. I'm saying we go with the team whether they call for us or not. When all is said and done... they will probably still need our help.

Though we may be getting ahead of ourselves. There's still some time left before the operation takes off, and I think Yamamoto-fukutaichou was actually trying to spare you the pain of facing Takeshi again. She may look scary... but she does take your feelings in consideration too."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #573
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"No. I'm saying we go with the team whether they call for us or not. When all is said and done... they will probably still need our help.

Though we may be getting ahead of ourselves. There's still some time left before the operation takes off, and I think Yamamoto-fukutaichou was actually trying to spare you the pain of facing Takeshi again. She may look scary... but she does take your feelings in consideration too."
    Aya rubs her chin as her expression frowns a little. "I appreciate Adjutant Sayuri's kind intentions, if she did intend thus. But no, there would not be much pain facing Takeshi again, I've decided to leave my feelings out of this confrontation with him."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

4. - Top - End - #574
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Misaki would seem generally unfazed by the event judging from the gleeful smile still present on her face.
    Oh, don't worry about that. I was with my squad at the Collapse Site when Takeshi gave that speech. They're a whole bunch of people who could attest to that, including my father.
    She nods her head in the direction of Katisugo, which had for the last minute been quietly observing the two interact.
    Indeed, Misaki likely has nothing to fear about her status as a shinigami.
    He turns to Taro, his left shoulder where his emblem for 12th Divison Vice Captain is entirely visible.
    Misaki has talked about you before, but I do not believe we have formally met.
    He extends his hand towards him.
    My name is Katisugo Ichimyouri, Vice Captain of 12th Division. A pleasure to meet you.
    Day of Kido Corp Defection

Taro Banzuke, 3rd Seat of the 10th Division:
    (Kido Corp Gardens, with Misaki and her 12th Lt father Katisugo Ichimyouri)

Taro smiled to her and nodded in relief as she and her father spoke, though they seemed more worried that Taro was questioning her loyalties, which was farthest from the truth. He was worried that she might have gotten caught up in it and bullied into a course of action she didn't want to really be a part of. Plus, he genuinely cared for Misaki and her well being. Taro thought perhasp it was detriment this time being a member of the 10th Division, as any approach of such a high seat in the 10th may seem like a policeman showing up at your front door, even if it is your friend.

Then Taro saw her father come forward and greet him. Taro always knew the 12th Lt was her father and whiel they had seen each other afew times, indeed they had not been formally introduced, professionally or privately. Taro straightened up a bit, as he was a Lt and Taro only a 3rd Seat.

Taro bowed to him politely, his large body always making for an impressive sight when bowing, as it literally took a bit longer for him to do it, and if close enough, you would even feel the air move as result of his mass.

"Sir...it is a pleasure to meet you, I am Taro Bazuku, 3rd Seat, 10th Division" His deep voice said to the father of his dear Misaki as he rose from the bow.

He extended his massive and strong hand tog reet the man, making sure not so squeeze too tight, which happened from time to time with his large hands.

Looking back to Misaki, he spoke a bit softer to her and bit more relaxed.

"I am just happy you are alright Misaki..."

Looking to both of them. "I hope i am not intruding..."

5. - Top - End - #575
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kaki
    [9th Division Headquarters]

Kaki blinked in a little confusion at the tone of Hirokatsu. Was it wrong she had come early? Before she decided answer, Hirokatsu reached out with his free hand taking all the paperwork into his arms as he turned and moved back into his office.
    "Yes." Kaki responded, closing the door behind her.

She stepped into the room, and hesitated. The captain was standing holding a pillow.
    "Excuse me." Kaki said professionally.
    "Umm... Captian Goto, is there something you need this morning, sir?" She asked. It was strange question from Kaki who was curious and sleepy a little, but earnestly always trying. for this second, it is more 'curious young person' question instead of professional. Because a professional knows not to make such a stupid question.

Kaki also realizes this after she says it, so bows quickly for apology.

Day 12 (730am)

Hirokatsu Goto, Vice Captain (Acting Captain) of the 9th Division:
    (in the Acting Captain's office)

Holding the new pilow in his hand, Hirokatsu smiled very lightly as Kaki entered and closed the door.

Hirokatsu listened to her questions and curiousness and exhaled a bit. Hirokatsu was more sentimental than most would probably believe. Perhaps it was the Goto Family upbring and honor for his family in the past and present that made him act that way. After all, traditions carried on were such a kind and simple way to remember the past, as well as forge new connections.

He tapped the pillow against his side lightly and walked aroudn the desk to greet her, bringing the small sitting pillow to both of his hands as he stood in front of her extending it to her softly.

"Kaki-san...this is for you..."

It was a pale white pillow, stitched around the edges by hand with a green thread floral pattern. The outside was far from silky smooth, but not coarse, however the padding inside of it make it very soft as she would feel by squeezing it. A small hand stitch symbol of the 9th Division was on the bottom.

As she took it he would speak again, opening in his eyes and brushing back his long eyebrows so she could see them clearly. His voice was soft and sincere, with a slight twinge of pride in it.

"...when I became Vice Captain of the 9th Division, Captain Kiku handed me a pillow much like this..." turning and pointing briefly behind his desk, Kaki would see an old worn sitting pillow aged and almost flat from use and obviously repaired by hand multiple times.

"...She had it kept here..." Pointing to the left side of the desk, he paused remembering for a moment all the days and hours sitting at his Captain's side for meetings and paperwork...

"...next to her desk..." Turning back to look at Kaki "She always said my place was at her side...for the good, the bad, and the boring..." Hirokatsu smiled slightly..remembering

"...this is where i would like you to be Kaki-san...and today is the first day of that journey..."

"You see...a Division is much like a family...we all must care and keep strong one another no matter the circumstances......and there must be strong individuals at the head of a family to help see the family through all the times...I see that strength in you Kaki-san"

Hirokatsu stepped back and then knelt down slightly and sat on the front edge of the low sitting desk, crumpling whatever paperwork underneath.

Looking up at her he spoke again.

"Kaki-san...i know you are young, and you may doubt yourself and your own potential...but, i ALSO know that i am old...and i have seen thousands of Shinigami come and go through the Gotei...what i see in your soul is special..."

"I hope together, young and old, we can move the 9th Division forward onto even more success...and that starts with you and I today and here...what do you say?"

Hirokatsu looked up from his seated position, he was purposely infromal to hopefully allow her to feel comfortable enough to accept his sincerity and sentimentality. HE knew she had already accepted his field promotion, but he was asking somethign more from her now. He was asking her to not just work FOR him, but also work WITH him. The pillow a visual symbol and sign of their link and stability for the two of them AND for the Division.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Orc in the Playground

Aya rubs her chin as her expression frowns a little. "I appreciate Adjutant Sayuri's kind intentions, if she did intend thus. But no, there would not be much pain facing Takeshi again, I've decided to leave my feelings out of this confrontation with him."
    "Heart's tricky like that, Aya. It's a lot harder to ignore one's feelings than it looks. I should know a thing or two about that..."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #577
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro smiled to her and nodded in relief as she and her father spoke, though they seemed more worried that Taro was questioning her loyalties, which was farthest from the truth. He was worried that she might have gotten caught up in it and bullied into a course of action she didn't want to really be a part of. Plus, he genuinely cared for Misaki and her well being. Taro thought perhasp it was detriment this time being a member of the 10th Division, as any approach of such a high seat in the 10th may seem like a policeman showing up at your front door, even if it is your friend.

Then Taro saw her father come forward and greet him. Taro always knew the 12th Lt was her father and whiel they had seen each other afew times, indeed they had not been formally introduced, professionally or privately. Taro straightened up a bit, as he was a Lt and Taro only a 3rd Seat.

Taro bowed to him politely, his large body always making for an impressive sight when bowing, as it literally took a bit longer for him to do it, and if close enough, you would even feel the air move as result of his mass.

"Sir...it is a pleasure to meet you, I am Taro Bazuku, 3rd Seat, 10th Division" His deep voice said to the father of his dear Misaki as he rose from the bow.

He extended his massive and strong hand tog reet the man, making sure not so squeeze too tight, which happened from time to time with his large hands.

Looking back to Misaki, he spoke a bit softer to her and bit more relaxed.

"I am just happy you are alright Misaki..."

Looking to both of them. "I hope i am not intruding..."
    Katisugo and Misaki Ichimyouri:

Katisugo and Taro shake hands. He chuckles little at how Taro quickly adjusted his stature towards him. Katisugo was generally known by the members from 12th for lenience towards authoritative respect, to the point that he found it slightly annoying to always be swiftly greeted upon his every arrival. He believed every seated members was a valuable asset to the Division, as well as the Gotei 13.
    3rd Seat, impressive. Also, you can relax your stance Taro. I may be a Vice Captain, but I like to see the seated members as equally important as myself. Just call me Katisugo.

Misaki giggles a little at Taro's sudden change in stance towards Taro before, responding to his question.
    My father, came to see me for the same reason you did Taro. He wanted to know how I felt about the whole ordeal.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

8. - Top - End - #578
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Katisugo and Misaki Ichimyouri:

Katisugo and Taro shake hands. He chuckles little at how Taro quickly adjusted his stature towards him. Katisugo was generally known by the members from 12th for lenience towards authoritative respect, to the point that he found it slightly annoying to always be swiftly greeted upon his every arrival. He believed every seated members was a valuable asset to the Division, as well as the Gotei 13.
    3rd Seat, impressive. Also, you can relax your stance Taro. I may be a Vice Captain, but I like to see the seated members as equally important as myself. Just call me Katisugo.

Misaki giggles a little at Taro's sudden change in stance towards Taro before, responding to his question.
    My father, came to see me for the same reason you did Taro. He wanted to know how I felt about the whole ordeal.

Taro nods to the Lt and then to Misaki and her little cute smile. Then relaxes a bit per the Lt's desires, his stance less rigid and his stature abit more conversational. Soem of this was due to the LT's words, but most of it was because he was happy to see Misaki ok and not caught up in all of the craziness.

"Of course sir..." to the Lt...then to Misaki "...I see Misaki...and how DO you feel about everything?...that you are here says much...but how are you and the remaining Corps dealign with it? It can't be easy no?"

Taro was not trying to be rude to the Lt/father, only he WAS curious about all the matters, and while he knew basically what had happened, he had rushed off to check on Misaki without reading the full report.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Heart's tricky like that, Aya. It's a lot harder to ignore one's feelings than it looks. I should know a thing or two about that..."
    Aya nods. "You know, there is a better way to accomplish this than simply joining the team whether they like it or not. If they do not select us on our own merit, we ask someone with more authority to recommend us. 13th Division covers the Mortal World, you have more right being there than other Divisions. Talk to your captain. I will approach mine, since he understands my situation. We can get our captains to recommend our inclusion into the team. Wouldn't that be better?"
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

10. - Top - End - #580
    Orc in the Playground

Aya nods. "You know, there is a better way to accomplish this than simply joining the team whether they like it or not. If they do not select us on our own merit, we ask someone with more authority to recommend us. 13th Division covers the Mortal World, you have more right being there than other Divisions. Talk to your captain. I will approach mine, since he understands my situation. We can get our captains to recommend our inclusion into the team. Wouldn't that be better?"
    "See, you're thinking of alternatives to out-and-out disobedience already." Shishiou said in a tone that implied a smile. "I'll do whatever I can. We better move quick though - we don't know how much time we'll have between Yamamoto-fukutaichou readying the teams and their departure."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #581
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"See, you're thinking of alternatives to out-and-out disobedience already." Shishiou said in a tone that implied a smile. "I'll do whatever I can. We better move quick though - we don't know how much time we'll have between Yamamoto-fukutaichou readying the teams and their departure."
    Aya nods, and a hint of her smile on her lips. "No matter how desperate we become, there are always proper ways of doing things. Let's go see our respective captains. I'll catch up with you with my updates later."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

12. - Top - End - #582
    Barbarian in the Playground

Akio - Present Day

The winds whipped through the woods quietly as Akio sat in the grove. No longer needing to be there for anyone. He wasn't in a position of power any longer. His slow steady breathing the only sign he was alive. He was once again in his inner world, the graveyard surrounding him.

Nao

A quiet knock sounds in first division, the door of Yamamoto Sayuri to be exact.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-06-15 at 07:13 PM.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

13. - Top - End - #583
    Orc in the Playground

Aya nods, and a hint of her smile on her lips. "No matter how desperate we become, there are always proper ways of doing things. Let's go see our respective captains. I'll catch up with you with my updates later."
    "Catch you later." Shishiou gave Aya's hand one last squeeze and took his mask briefly off to kiss her cheek.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #584
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Taro nods to the Lt and then to Misaki and her little cute smile. Then relaxes a bit per the Lt's desires, his stance less rigid and his stature abit more conversational. Soem of this was due to the LT's words, but most of it was because he was happy to see Misaki ok and not caught up in all of the craziness.

"Of course sir..." to the Lt...then to Misaki "...I see Misaki...and how DO you feel about everything?...that you are here says much...but how are you and the remaining Corps dealign with it? It can't be easy no?"

Taro was not trying to be rude to the Lt/father, only he WAS curious about all the matters, and while he knew basically what had happened, he had rushed off to check on Misaki without reading the full report.

Misaki stands there quietly for a few seconds thinking about the questions.
    Well...While most of who are left at Kido Corp aren't so terribly distraught because the Commander went AWOL. I would say that most of us are probably concerned whats going to happen next for Kido Corp, seeing that many of the higher ranking members fled with the Commander, leaving few members truly eligible to lead the Kido Corp.

As Misaki says this the expression on her face changes from that of a carefree child. She leans against the wall of the Garden Archway thinking quietly to herself. Katisugo adds to the conversation, in Misaki's temporary absence.
    It's very likely that because of the lack of seated members in Kidou Corp that could take up the Commander Role, one the higher seated members from 1st division or maybe 8th division would be made to take on the role of Acting Commander. Its very unlikely anyone else in the Corp that didn't go with Takeshi will brandished as Traitors, or Conspirators; but as of right now, there is a certain lack of trust in Kido Corp as a whole.
    Katisugo glances pauses glancing at Misaki a slight frown now present on her face.
    To be short about this: With the trust in Kidou Corp chain of command in such dismay and its overall trust as a division diminished, the Gotei 13 may find it in their best interest to put someone in command of it they can trust.

Misaki finally chimes in the frown quickly disappearing.
    Well, besides that there really is just a loss of morale among most of us. It kind of sucks when your commander just ups and leaves on you.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

15. - Top - End - #585
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Making her way back to the 10th Division barracks, Aya knocks on the door to Captain Taiki's office.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

16. - Top - End - #586
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki Takahashi - Day 14 (yes this is back in time a lot)

Taiki knocks on the door to Commander-General Tsukada Ryouichi's office. "Commander-General. It's me."

Taiki Takahashi - Day 18

Taiki knocks on Natusko Hayashi's office door.

Taiki Takahashi - Day 20

Taiki looks up from his paperwork at the knock. "Come in."
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-06-15 at 08:36 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

17. - Top - End - #587
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Taiki Takahashi's Office - Day 20

Aya promptly enters the office. "Captain Taiki, I have a small favor I would like to ask from you. Vice-Captain Sayuri from the 1st Division is gathering information and perhaps be in-charge of forming a team to send out into the Mortal World in order to apprehend Kitano Takeshi. But as it stands, 5th Seat Tsukikage Shishiou and myself might not be included into the team, despite being the only two Shinigami who have encountered and even fought against Takeshi after his defection. So I was wondering if there is anything you could do to let us into that team. I will be very grateful for this chance to confront Takeshi and bring him back with us."
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-06-15 at 09:56 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko opens the door, smiling. "Hello, love."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki Takahashi - Day 18

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Natsuko opens the door, smiling. "Hello, love."
    Taiki smiles back. "Hello. Just thought I'd check in on my favorite woman in Sereitei." He leans in to kiss her...

Taiki Takahashi's Office - Day 19

Aya promptly enters the office. "Captain Taiki, I have a small favor I would like to ask from you. Vice-Captain Sayuri from the 1st Division is gathering information and perhaps be in-charge of forming a team to send out into the Mortal World in order to apprehend Kitano Takeshi. But as it stands, 5th Seat Tsukikage Shishiou and myself might not be included into the team, despite being the only two Shinigami who have encountered and even fought against Takeshi after his defection. So I was wondering if there is anything you could do to let us into that team. I will be very grateful for this chance to confront Takeshi and bring him back with us."
    Taiki puts a hand to his chin for a moment. "You can put in a formal request for assignment. I can see if I can talk to Sayuri and suggest you. However... I am aware that you have other reasons for wanting this assignment. Your personal connection to Takeshi is not unknown." He stands and turns to look out the window. "I know you and he have much to discuss. In fact, I suspect that you've already discussed quite a bit." He turns and looks Aya in the eyes. "Am I wrong?"

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko grins. "No one I'd rather see."

She kisses back, passionately.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Taiki Takahashi - Day 18

Taiki puts a hand to his chin for a moment. "You can put in a formal request for assignment. I can see if I can talk to Sayuri and suggest you. However... I am aware that you have other reasons for wanting this assignment. Your personal connection to Takeshi is not unknown." He stands and turns to look out the window. "I know you and he have much to discuss. In fact, I suspect that you've already discussed quite a bit." He turns and looks Aya in the eyes. "Am I wrong?"
    There's no hiding anything from her Captain, though his assessment is very slightly off.

"There is little left to talk, at least not in an open battlefield. Anything that could be said has been said. He remains unrepentant. This time I'll be part of the group to clap him and bring him back for judgement. This is my chosen path." comes the voice though soft and gentle, has a steel-hard tone and eyes of firm determination.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaki

Kaki was surprised, but accepted the pillow gratefully. To be a member of this division, she had worked hard. She was younger than almost all of the other members here, but to receive such attention and trust...
    He was offering a lot to her with this decision, and he was asking her something also. And Kaki understood very much.

She bowed carefully as she accepted and held the pillow tightly.
    "Thank you sir! I will do my best!"

Then Captain Goto then sat on the desk. This surprised Kaki very much, because it was an unprepared action. She hesitated, but stopped. Was Captain Goto always like this? She knew he was kind, but always somewhat strict to the members of the division. Maybe it was a test?
    If she could not respond correctly here, maybe it was too quickly to become a vice captain?
    Kaki approached with as much confidence and control, and carefully put the pillow down next to the desk. Then she sat down on it.
    Then she hesitated, a little embarrassed.

"Captain Goto...I don't know how to be a vice captain, but I am ready and will always try my best. Please teach me!"
    To make such a request to a Captain who sat on his desk, Kaki wondered if she really understood the whole situation. But she wanted to be useful here. Maybe one day the Captain would even drink the coffee.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

23. - Top - End - #593
    Pixie in the Playground

[11th Division Training Ground, Day 19]

Seiko stood in the middle of one of the 11th Division's biggest training areas. He stood in absolute silence, his blade sheathed and his hands at his side. He stood as a perfect example of serenity, of what appeared to be perfect peace. He stood in front of an immense tree that had stood in that field for centuries, predating Himura-taichou; it had even stood before the last Kenpachi. Seiko had always loved this spot.

And now he stood there, as the acting captain of the 11th division. He stood now in the footsteps of the greatest military commanders of the Seireitei, and he had every intention of staying there. And now, it was time to prove it.

He took a single step.

And then another. His feet moved almost of their own accord, one in front of the other, until he stopped, turning in place to face the giant tree. He raised his sword, still in its sheath, up in the air, as if in salute to this giant that had stood watch over the division. And, as if in response, the blades of the men and women behind him were also raised. Seiko turned to face the collected division, the warriors who looked to him for guidance. And he danced.

It was the first dance that the division had done together since Michiko's retirement, and it was beautiful. As Seiko moved, the motion flowed through the fighters like a wave, the constant movement like poetry as it made its way down through the Shinigami, as they danced in both imitation and in response to Seiko. No two dancers were quite the same, each was individual, each reflected the Shinigami dancing as though the moves came from deep within them, within their spirit. And Seiko danced at the front, leading them all in perfect harmony. This was the division he loved. This perfect synchronicity that led them all through these motions.

And no one was going to take this away from him.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Orc in the Playground

Kazuma was amid the dancers, naturally. And he was quite respectful of Seiko for his efforts. In response, he did his best to return his feelings through the dance.

Kazuma's dance had an unusual flow to it. It wasn't quite mechanical, and yet not carefree either; it was rehearsed, but no two steps seemed to follow each other.

Michiko-taichou. As long as these men live, the spirit of your division shall live on as well.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #595
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kaki

Kaki was surprised, but accepted the pillow gratefully. To be a member of this division, she had worked hard. She was younger than almost all of the other members here, but to receive such attention and trust...
    He was offering a lot to her with this decision, and he was asking her something also. And Kaki understood very much.

She bowed carefully as she accepted and held the pillow tightly.
    "Thank you sir! I will do my best!"

Then Captain Goto then sat on the desk. This surprised Kaki very much, because it was an unprepared action. She hesitated, but stopped. Was Captain Goto always like this? She knew he was kind, but always somewhat strict to the members of the division. Maybe it was a test?
    If she could not respond correctly here, maybe it was too quickly to become a vice captain?
    Kaki approached with as much confidence and control, and carefully put the pillow down next to the desk. Then she sat down on it.
    Then she hesitated, a little embarrassed.

"Captain Goto...I don't know how to be a vice captain, but I am ready and will always try my best. Please teach me!"
    To make such a request to a Captain who sat on his desk, Kaki wondered if she really understood the whole situation. But she wanted to be useful here. Maybe one day the Captain would even drink the coffee

Day 12 (730am)

Hirokatsu Goto, Vice Captain (Acting Captain) of the 9th Division:
    (in the Acting Captain's office with the 4th Seat and acting Vice Captain, Kaki)

Hirokatsu carefully watched Kaki as she responded to his words. She was indeed very young, and somewhat inexperienced, but there was no doubt she had talent and dedication. Hirokatsu had seen it and so had their previous Captain, Captain Kiku.

From his seat on his low desk he watched Kaki squeeze the pillow and then set it down carefully and then sat herself on it. That her first response to him was a desire to learn, a desire to better herself, and also a desire for Hirokatsu to help her on that path was all Hirokatsu needed to see. She was ready to begin, she had taken her seat at his side and together they were going to grow individually and as a team and division.

"Well...I do not know how to be a Captain either Kaki-san...we will learn together ok?"

Hirokatsu lightly said as he smiled and nodded to her standing up, pushing his hands off of his knees to get himself up, his long eyebrows tossed slightly as he then moved himself around the backside of Kaki and to his own, old and worn, pillow. He sat carefully, just as Kaki had, and just as he sat he moved his black haori out from underneath him, as well as grabbed his closed umbrella and placed it behind him to rest on the large 9th Division insignia-laden wall.

He reached out to the stack of paperwork Kaki had brought and sat it down in
    in front of him. He took up the first report as if to begin reading it, but before his eyes landed on the report they looked over to the acting Vice-Captain warmly. His voice was soft, and humble.

"Kaki-san...you have made an old man very happy today...thank you"

Then he smiled an honest and polite smile to her which was accompanied with a respectful bow of his head to her.

"...now, could you put the kettle on and make some of my family's tea?...please feel free to make yourself a cup as well..."

He continued, after a brief pause, with an old man's smile, as he reached into his sleeve pocket and then tossed small linen pouch of his family's tea leaves in it to her at her seat.

"...we have a lot of paperwork to do today...many many reports to go over.......together"

As she would move to take care of the tea (hopefully), Hirokatsu would lean over the desk and clear off some of the loose folders and papers from in front of Kaki's pillow. He put a few pads of paper, and took a small old pen from his pocket and placed it on top of them for her to have when she got back.

Then he leaned back over to his own seat and situated himself a bit as he brought up the first report of the day to read to himself.

They indeed had much work to go over, and pass on to whom needed the information, as well as plan new missions and further exploration of other ones. Paperwork was a big part of the 9th Division, and they had PLENTY to do.

(Kasanip...you can reply to this here, and then we will move on to an episode thread which i will start, which will begin after a few days during the game...just consider the rest of the events for this day and the next few to be business as usual, doing reports and normal clerical type stuff)
    ----------------

26. - Top - End - #596
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Misaki stands there quietly for a few seconds thinking about the questions.
    Well...While most of who are left at Kido Corp aren't so terribly distraught because the Commander went AWOL. I would say that most of us are probably concerned whats going to happen next for Kido Corp, seeing that many of the higher ranking members fled with the Commander, leaving few members truly eligible to lead the Kido Corp.

As Misaki says this the expression on her face changes from that of a carefree child. She leans against the wall of the Garden Archway thinking quietly to herself. Katisugo adds to the conversation, in Misaki's temporary absence.
    It's very likely that because of the lack of seated members in Kidou Corp that could take up the Commander Role, one the higher seated members from 1st division or maybe 8th division would be made to take on the role of Acting Commander. Its very unlikely anyone else in the Corp that didn't go with Takeshi will brandished as Traitors, or Conspirators; but as of right now, there is a certain lack of trust in Kido Corp as a whole.
    Katisugo glances pauses glancing at Misaki a slight frown now present on her face.
    To be short about this: With the trust in Kidou Corp chain of command in such dismay and its overall trust as a division diminished, the Gotei 13 may find it in their best interest to put someone in command of it they can trust.

Misaki finally chimes in the frown quickly disappearing.
    Well, besides that there really is just a loss of morale among most of us. It kind of sucks when your commander just ups and leaves on you.

Taro nodded to both of them as they spoke. He rest himself forward on his large arms on the gate of the garden as he listened. Then as they finished, he responded, his voice sincere.

"...I can not imagine how the 10th would react if our Cpt did what Takeshi did..and the same would probably go for the rest of the divisions...even those without Captain's right now..."

He paused briefly and pushed himself up from his leaning.

"...It feels like the Gotei and the Soul Society in general can't catch a break lately...first, the sudden promotion to Zero Squad for those Captains...then the invasion, then the 5th Cpt passing away and the 4th Cpt quitting... to now this.....our fortitude is being tested all over the Soul Society it seems...no matter the branch of the military..."

Taro shook his head a bit, he didnt like to not put on a warm appearance in front of Misaki, but she would definitely see a somber Taro at this point..."

Realizing his look, he tried to shake it off and smiled to Misaki and gestured to her father with his hands...

"but no worry Misaki...I'm sure your Dad and the rest of the 12th are working on some great gadgets to help us out...right?"

He smiled wide to her...then looked over to her father. He wasnt sure what response he would get. A part of him really was hoping they were working on something to help the Gotei out in this down time.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki Takahashi - Day 18

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Natsuko grins. "No one I'd rather see."

She kisses back, passionately.
    Taiki finishes their kiss and smiles. "How has the day been treating you? I just checked on Hikari, she's doing just fine. Totally worth the lunch break." He takes Natsuko's hands.

Taiki Takahashi - Day 20

There's no hiding anything from her Captain, though his assessment is very slightly off.

"There is little left to talk, at least not in an open battlefield. Anything that could be said has been said. He remains unrepentant. This time I'll be part of the group to clap him and bring him back for judgement. This is my chosen path." comes the voice though soft and gentle, has a steel-hard tone and eyes of firm determination.
    "As much as I believe you are ready for the assignment, it may take some convincing to put you on the team." He looks at her directly. "It is unlikely that both you and 5th Seat Shishiou will be on the team. From what I understand, you and he have become rather close. That, combined with your closeness to the target, will be seen as even more of a liability on the battlefield." Taiki's expression softens a bit. "While I think you are well-suited to the task, it may not be so easy to convince Sayuri-san that you should be accepted. If 1st Division is in charge of the operation, and they likely should be, it will be their call, not mine. I can only vouch for you and submit your formal application." A metal whistling sound crosses the room. "You have been training, haven't you? I can tell there's something a bit different about you. Have you achieved it?"
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-06-15 at 08:36 PM.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko smiles. "The household servants adore her, don't they?

It's been treating me well. There's a lot of paperwork at the moment, though..."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki nods. "She's just so loveable!"

When she mentions her paperwork, Taiki shifts over to Natsuko's desk to inspect aforementioned stack. "Anything in particular?" He sidles back up to her and kisses her cheek as she answers.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

"Paperwork over my 3rd seat getting demoted, and Karite-futaichou's new... circumstances."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.