New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Question Triton Race for Pathfinder

I have about two years of 3.5 experience and a good deal of pathfinder experience, but almost no homebrew experience. I have tried to make a race for the triton like smallworld. Please help and advise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Triton
    +2 Constitution, +2 Intellegence, -2 Charisma Tritons are strong and intelligent but unable to understand the social norms of the land people
    Medium: Tritons are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    Slow Speed: On land, tritons have a 20 ft speed do to their clumsiness on land
    Swim Speed: Tritons have a swim speed of 30 ft along with a continuous free movement as freedom of movement (Ex) but only in water for the purposes of moving or acting in the water, tritons can hold their breath for 10+Con Bonus minutes and drown half as fast
    Call of the Sea: Tritons gain fast healing 1 while at least half submerged in water and may charm as charm animal (Su) up to 5 HD of porpoises
    Triton Proficiencies:All tritons are proficient with Tridents, Nets, and any weapon with the word triton in it.
    Underwater Skill:Tritons suffer no penalty to perception and do not suffer the bends
    Languages: Tritons begin play speaking Common, Aquan, and may communicate with porpoises. Tritons with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Celestial, Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Elf, and Sylvan.

I am thinking it may be a bit to powerful; tell me what you think.
    Last edited by Elegonn; 2011-04-19 at 08:10 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

confused New Triton Ability-Boat Mastery????

Boat Mastery-Tritons get +2 to Proffesion (Sailor) and Craft (Shipmaking)
    Last edited by Elegonn; 2011-04-19 at 08:39 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Triton Race for Pathfinder

Actually looks weaker than Tieflings or Aasimar or even both variety of Drow.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

smile Re: Triton Race for Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Bendraesar View Post
    Actually looks weaker than Tieflings or Aasimar or even both variety of Drow.
    What would you recommend? Was this evaluation with or without boat mastery.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Triton Race for Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Elegonn View Post
    +2 Constitution, +2 Intellegence, -2 Charisma Tritons are strong and intelligent but unable to understand the social norms of the land people
    Medium: Tritons are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    Slow Speed: On land, tritons have a 20 ft speed do to their clumsiness on land
    Swim Speed: Tritons have a swim speed of 30 ft along with a continuous free movement as freedom of movement (Ex) but only in water for the purposes of moving or acting in the water, tritons can hold their breath for 10+Con Bonus minutes and drown half as fast
    Call of the Sea: Tritons gain fast healing 1 while at least half submerged in water and may charm as charm animal (Su) up to 5 HD of porpoises
    Triton Proficiencies:All tritons are proficient with Tridents, Nets, and any weapon with the word triton in it.
    Underwater Skill:Tritons suffer no penalty to perception and do not suffer the bends
    Languages: Tritons begin play speaking Common, Aquan, and may communicate with porpoises. Tritons with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Celestial, Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Elf, and Sylvan.
    The water fast healing is interesting. Like most aquatic races, they're really only playable in aquatic or semi-aquatic campaigns. I'd say it looks good, and may be overpowered if you're doing an all-aquatic campaign.
    I make games.

"...I worry that modern gaming is gradually shrinking the wide spectrum of gameplay mechanics into a single narrow red bar with "KILL" written on it sideways. Exploration, navigation, puzzles, platforming, all gradually shrinking away until only one thing remains, being taken by the hand from room to room, moving on only when nothing remains alive in each one." - Yhatzee Crosshaw

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

smile More Abilities for Land

Water Finding- tritons gain +2 to survival checks to find water and can detect poison in water
    Triton Fighting- Tritons have +2 to reposition and disarm maneuvers but -2 to trip maneuvers
    Last edited by Elegonn; 2011-04-20 at 09:21 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Race Concept

I intend for this race to be a PC playable race but maybe not in an aquatic focused game. So they should be at least somewhat useful on land.