Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 867
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    The elf turns to Nathan, Please leave me alone. I just came here to have a drink in peace.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Rythia was a little surprised that the mayor wished to commission them to deal with the kobold threat. She was certainly not one to turn down a request for aid but even the young warlord had to admit that their task log was getting fairly full. She also needed to talk to her allies about this too. However, there was one thing that prevented her politely refusing even more than her helpful attitude. The mayor believed that something stirred up the kobolds. Maybe...maybe Kalarel didn't come to the town directly. Winterhaven still looks very peaceful. What if he decided to work with the kobolds and use them to take the town? If the kobolds overrun Winterhaven, there isn't another settlement for miles that could do anything about the cultists. I don't have proof but...it's possible. Even if there weren't any cultists I can't ignore this. Rythia briefly glanced at Iltaru hoping that he could read her thoughts just this once. She decided that busy day or not, she couldn't ignore this.

    The half-elven woman replied after a moment or two of thought, "We actually came to Winterhaven to search for an acquaintance named Douven. We believe he is studying the old dragon burial grounds. However, I agree that the kobolds are a danger to Winterhaven as well. If your man of arms has no problems with helping us find Douven, I certainly don't see why I can't return the favor by lending my skills as well. I trust my allies will feel the same way. We intend to use the rest of today to prepare ourselves and leave first thing at dawn. When we return there is another matter I would like to speak to you about but I would prefer to do that in private once we are victorious." She silently hoped that her hunch was right that he was leading the kobolds. If it wasn't, she might have just given Kalarel and his cult an extra day or two to plot in the shadows.
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    If your companions do feel the same we come to my manor on the morrow and we can discuss the terms of your payment and I will introduce the man that will accompany you. This should also allow you to broach this other matter of which you speak.
    I am afraid I know nothing of Douven Staul or a Dragon's Tomb, but you may wish to ask my companion here. Valthrun may be able to help you on that matter.


    At this, Lord Padraig gestures in the direction of the scholarly looking gentleman sitting across from him at the table. The man turns to regard Rythia and tips his head to her.

    Greetings miss, you are asking about a Dragon's Tomb?
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Rythia nodded in agreement with Lord Padrig's plan, "That should work out well for us, thank you." Although a part of her felt a little odd suggesting that they would help in the kobold hunt before actually speaking to her allies about it, it was clear she had the best intentions at heart. If things went well, they would have an able swordsman with them who likely knew the land better than all her allies combined. The search for Douven would go much smoother with the extra aid. They would have done a good deed for the town of Winterhaven and perhaps confirm whether or not Kalarel was leading the scaled lizards. In her mind, this was the best choice for now.

    Her attention turned to the second gentleman at the table. Apparently, he was more up to date on the dragon burial grounds themselves. She bowed her head a little in respect. Since he was an acquaintance of the lord, she decided to treat him with a similar amount of respect, "Yes, Sir Valthrun. We already have a general idea of the location but anything more your could tell us about the grounds would be helpful. I would prefer learning as much as I can before we arrive."
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    The scholarly man gives a quick chuckle when addressed as Sir Valthrun. There is no need to call me Sir, I am not a knight, just a sage and a scholar. As for a dragon burial site? I believe that there is a place to the southwest that has been associated with an ancient dragon, but I have no first-hand knowledge of the validity of such legends. Wouldn't it be something if it where to turn out to be true though. This is no doubt where your friends search would have taken him.
    Last edited by Gillric; 2011-08-11 at 07:00 PM.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    A somewhat bashful expression crossed Rythia's face when she was corrected. Still, she was happy that both the Lord and Vathrun were amiable people. Seeing that her questions were answered and there really wasn't any further need for conversation, she bowed her head to both men, "Thank you very much, Vathrun. From what I've heard, Douven Staul is a bit of a scholar himself. I hope we will get the chance to introduce you to him." Her eyes drifted back towards Lord Padrig as she continued, "Although I will need brief directions to your manor first since my friends and I are new to Winterhaven, I will see you tomorrow morning." Rythia didn't want to get lost and miss the meeting because of that. She waited a few moments for directions to Padrig's estate before finally ending the conversation, "Please enjoy your evening."

    With the discussions finished, Rythia once again moved over to the side of the tavern trying to have a quiet conversation with Iltaru, "...I apologize for dragging you into a kobold hunt without asking first but...I really do have my reasons for it. Besides getting help in the search for your friend, something Lord Padrig said worried me. He noted that something stirred up the kobolds into being more vicious. It could be that 'something' is Kalarel but I have no proof. I did not mention it before because I did not want to start a panic in a public place. Regardless, I want to help these people anyway I can. This is a peaceful town and I want to protect that...it...probably sounds rather foolish. No matter what happens, Douven and the dragon burial grounds will be our first destination after the meeting with Lord Padrig. Once that is done...well, I would understand it if you did not wish to assist further. I'll pay for the inn rooms tonight and I'd like to ask you to relay the message to our allies as well. I should try to find a smithy or the guards headquarters to see if they can use the few items we found off the kobolds. We should use the rest of tonight to prepare for tomorrow."

    Before leaving the inn, Rythia made sure to get the waitress' attention one last time, "Excuse me, I would like to rent out rooms for the night for me and those I travel with. They should mention my name, Rythia." The young warlord reached into her pouch and carefully pulled out 2 gold and 5 silver. It would be enough for all of her companions to have their own room. With that, the half-elven woman gathered her heavy pack and left the inn to deal with the last issue she still had.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rythia will follow the dirt road further west into Winterhaven and stop when she finds a smithy or the guards headquarters, whichever comes first. If she can't find either by the time she reaches the wall, she will turn around and head back to the inn.
    Last edited by Demonicheart; 2011-08-13 at 08:48 AM.
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    OOC:

    As you leave the Inn and venture further into Winterhaven you realize that:

    Number 3 is the Market Square
    Number 4 is the Stable
    Number 5 is the Smithy
    Number 7 is Bairwin's Grand Shoppe
    Number 9 is the Tenements

    As for your directions to Lord Padraig's residence

    Number 11 is the Inner Gate
    Number 14 is the Manor House
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Rythia had a good deal to think about as she passed through the market with her heavy burden of a bag once more. She was fairly certain if a feather from a flying bird landed on her, her knees would buckle out from under her. The half-elven woman tried to view the extra weight as 'strength training' and was silently wishing she could afford one of those nice bags of holding that professional adventurers tend to use. In between berating herself for carrying so much, the crimson haired warlord kept doubting her decisions.

    She had hoped to only take on a supportive role and yet she was acting like the leader of the group. Furthermore, she wasn't even sure if trusting her instincts was a good call here. The group had hardly left the inn once they arrived and there was a good portion of Winterhaven that remained unexplored. What if the cultists are actually in town hiding in plain sight and by chasing kobolds I'm giving them free reign here? What if the kobolds are being led by something else entirely and I find myself wanting to follow that lead? What if Douven really was in trouble and needed our help tonight and I chose to stay in a safe walled in town because I was a little tired? Rythia was pulled from her worries as she found the Smithy's shop. She tried to push them down into the recesses of her mind and focus, One thing at a time.

    Rythia entered the smithy and began calling out for the proprietor, "Hello? I was wondering if you would be interested in a few items." Without really waiting, she set her bag down and pulled out the Scale Armor, short sword, dagger and sling. She continued after letting out a deep breath of relief, "My companions and I found these items on the kobolds that tried to ambush us on the King's Road. I...am not entirely sure if you would have any use for them but at least the metal could be melted down to make something the guards could likely use. I really am not expecting payment for this, I just thought it would be better to not let the kobolds take back their gear to use at a later date."

    Although Rythia had initially expected little to come from this gear and would've given it away for free scrap metal if it was truly useless, she reluctantly decided to sell it instead. The half-elf pretty much assumed she would barely get a gold piece out of the gear but the final tally made it at least a little worthwhile to sell. She could split the difference with her allies. Even if she was the one who carried the bulk of it, they were the reason the kobolds fell at all. With that task finished and her bag thankfully lighter, she bid the proprietor farewell and returned to the inn.

    The battle with the kobolds on the road, the travel with wieghted bag, her meeting with Lord Padraig, the doubts that lingered in her mind and her last minute bartering all took their toll on the young woman. She hazard a smile at her companions and handed them each 8 gold, 5 silver and 5 copper. She explained that it was from the smithy in thanks for the items. Furthermore, she mentioned the meeting with Lord Padraig and the location of the manor. Despite her best attempts to hide it, she was indeed tired. If she had pressed on to the burial grounds, her allies might've had to camp out there or carry her back. Rythia bid everyone goodnight before ascending the steps to her room.
    Last edited by Demonicheart; 2011-08-14 at 12:42 PM.
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    The weary travelers, with much new information to mull over, head to their rooms for the night. A night which passes uneventfully and leaves all feeling refreshed.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Extended Rest
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    It would come as no surprise to anyone who knew her that Rythia was awake well before sunrise. Every morning, her daily routine consisted of early starts, stretches and maybe a few sword drills if she had the time. The half-elven woman did have the time to do all of that even with the meeting with the Lord of Winterhaven taken into account. Rythia would describe herself as a fairly active person. However, this morning was very different. Today, she simply stared up at the ceiling of her inn room seemingly taking in the details. The crimson haired warlord was not counting the board that made up the roof over her head. Rather, she was letting her mind wander about the past and the present.

    When she set out for Winterhaven, she had been so confident. So sure that everything would work out right. The first batch of kobolds that the group encountered took everything they had to beat. Now, they would not only likely face more but actually be hunting them down when they were finished with their search for Douven. It was hard for even the usually upbeat tactician to think positively about this whole situation. However, as her doubts threatened to overwhelm her again, her own voice shouted out inside her mind, Is that it? Are you really have second thoughts now?! What would have happened if father had second thoughts about facing those bandits? Mother and I would both be dead![/i] Strength began to flood into her arms once more as she finally sat up, If someone doesn't move forward, things will never improve. If no one takes a step, nothing changes. A true protector, lives with pain so others do not have to. Even if...you stumble...or fall, do so with your head high, yelling to the gods 'I have done my best and have no regrets! judge me as you will!' Slowly, her mental pep talk began to erode the layers of fear and doubt that grew over the last day. Rythia got out of the bed and began her stretches like normal before finally donning her scale armor. She put on her best smile and exited her room with renewed vigor.

    The young woman wrapped on the doors of each room, hard enough to rouse dosers but not so hard that she was pounding wood. There was little need for words considering that they had to be aware of the meeting by now. With her task done, she descended to the lower level of the inn and took up a seat by the door and waited. She hoped everyone would come down soon. Even if they didn't, she resolved to see this plan through to whatever end. She would go to the meeting alone if need be.
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sournote103's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Thyrn awoke an hour or so after dawn. Somewhat disappointed with his own performance when the Kobolds attacked, he chose to remain in his room, thinking over his strategies and spells, while absentmindedly preparing his possessions for when he and the other adventurers left.

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    The hour of the meeting was soon as hand and it took all of Rythia's will not just run up the stairs and pound on everyone's door. Even if she didn't really want to agree with Nathan on his previous point, he was right. She was acting like a mother at times. They needed to decide on their own what they wanted to do. She worried about their future prospects, but she had hoped that they would face them together. She remembered the first half of the trek to Winterhaven with a great deal of fondness. Perhaps a success under her belt would make that same feeling return.

    With a deep sigh, the half-elven woman finally stood up from her seat at the tavern. She took a moment to adjust her scale armor and make herself look presentable. The news that her allies were seemingly uninterested with kobold hunting would not be a satisfying report to give. Not wasting any more time, she left the inn. She had told the others about the meeting and the manor location last night. Hopefully they would catch up with her there if they decided to join in this endeavor.
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sournote103's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Noticing how much time had passed, Thyrn gathered his possessions, and hurried to the meeting the half-elven woman mentioned.

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    As the two half-elves approach the inner gate, they are stopped by the two guards standing watch. The guards take their names and ask their business before ushering them on to the manor of Lord Padraig.

    As you knock upon the door, you wait briefly before it is opened by a well dressed, dignified man in a sharp black uniform. Again your names are taken and he states that Lord Padraig is expecting you. He then conducts you into a regally appointed room and indicates for you to take a seat at the large table to await his Lordship.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    After sitting quietly and waiting for a few minutes, a door at the far end of the chamber opens and the man Rythia recognizes from the bar as Lord Padraig enters. He walks over to were you are sitting and takes a chair across from you. Good Morning. I see that only one of your companions has joined you, were the rest unwilling to take up this task? No matter, I have managed to find a few more volunteers for this endeavor and they should be joining us shortly.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Sploosh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    A short, thin elf with blonde hair and well kept armor, embossed with a platinum dragon deftly enters the room. He bows deeply before taking a nearby seat. His emerald eyes take in everyone one at a time and he smiles.
    "Well met" he says simply. "I am called Valandil."
    Last edited by Sploosh; 2011-09-22 at 12:30 PM.
    Some men are born to kill.
    Others push people around.
    A few are destined to lead


    I was born a tank.

    ∂▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█
    ▄████████████████▅▄▃▂ Avatar by Lordsmoothe
    █E█V█I█S█C█E█R█A█T█O█R██►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    humson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    A tall dark haired man wearing well used scale armor, arms with a longsword strapped around his waist walks in and takes a seat. Name's Coal, guard of Forestedge. Well up until... Well nevermind. Now I'm just Coal.
    Coal couldn't beloved he almost let what he did slip. He need work and this was his only chance to gain fame as an adventurer. Father help me. He thought to himself.

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Into the room walks a very large minotaur, well over 7 feet tall. Not only is he tall, but he is clearly very heavy. He is wearing plate armor and across his back are slung a large battleaxe and a heavy shield. He settles into a seat, nodding at Lord Padraig. "Greetings all," he rumbles. "My name is Garvaugn Tannash and it is my pleasure to lend my abilities to help a worthy cause."
    Let Belkar live!

    Necro Tower (DM):
    Group 1 OOC Group 1 IC
    Group 2 OOC Group 2 IC
    Group 3 OOC Group 3 IC

    Marvel Super Heroes (Player): OOC IC Char
    The Frontier of Verazemya (Player): OOC IC Char
    Curse of Hel (Player): OOC IC Char
    Kobold Run (Player): OOC IC Char

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leolo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Behind Coal and the minotaur a young man approaches. His face is made of light grey skin, covered with black lines that start below his dark eyes and run down to his neck. His skin is flawless and where a beard might have been only another black line covers it.

    He is wearing a simple woolen robe and a round, perfectly curved stone in his hand. His voice is calm and although he looks young it sounds like the deep voice of an older man.

    "I heard of the troubles that have come into this lands, and it could be my path to help you. For now i am Draziw."
    Last edited by Leolo; 2011-09-22 at 01:32 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Rythia had stunned to silence at the size of the manor and the decorative interior when she first arrived to the building. She hadn't been so impressed by splendor since she first visited the great temple in Fallcrest. Granted the manor was indeed smaller but it was still a decent sight to Rythia. Just like back then, she had to mentally remind herself not to let her mouth hang open. I may have spent most of my life in a secluded elven forest grove but...I need to remember to act professional. Despite her attempts to keep her awestruck nature to herself, there was one other thing that took up her time.

    Thyrn's presence had not gone unnoticed. When she finally felt comfortable with the rest of the room, her eyes focused directly on him. A familiar bright smile formed on her face when she realized he had come with her. Although she didn't say a word, it was clear as day that she was happy to him along. It wasn't much longer until Lord Padrig himself appeared with several other volunteers for the kobold hunt.

    The crimson haired half-elven woman listened closely to each of them. The composer of the elf reminded her of the ranger guard back in her home grove. Valendis had made a very good first impression on her. Coal's sudden change of subject stood out a little but Rythia decided not to press it. She trusted that he would hold his own in battle. While she was surprised to see a minotaur, Rythia was always one to judge on merit rather than looks. If she could mingle with a shardmind, Garvaugn would probably not pose a problem for her. The human with the 'odd skin tone' and 'strange tattoos' did make her blink a few times but she dismissed it as a personal choice on his part. She had never met a Deva before so she merely assumed that Draziw features were some form of skin paint and tattoo. Rythia bowed her head at the others and returned her own greeting to them, "Pleased to meet all of you. My name is Rythia They'lliar and I hail from Tal'sulrim. Its a small elven community so I would not be surprised if you haven't heard of it." Taking a brief moment to gesture towards the final half-elf in the room, Rythia spoke up once more, "This is Thyrn. We met in Fallcrest a few days ago. He is a quiet man but brave so please treat him well."

    With the introductions out of the way, Rythia pondered how to begin the meeting. She closed her eyes a moment and bowed her head in Lord Padrig direction, "First...I want to apologize that my other companions do not wish to assist as well. I will do my best to complete this task and make up for that. All of us around this table want to ensure that the kobolds no longer threaten Winterhaven with all of their banditry." She paused briefly in her chat to rummage through her belongings and pull out a small hand-drawn map of the area around Winterhaven, "There are two other matters I wish to talk about as well." Some part of Rythia was still a little concerned about how these strangers would react to the news she had but if Lord Padrig trusted them enough to invite them here, she would honor that trust.

    Rythia pointed to an area south of Winterhaven that was marked clearly on the map, "The friend of an acquaintance of mine has been missing for some time. His name is Douven Staul and his occupation is researching old ruins. He recently came to this area with the intent of studying a dragon's burial site that should be right around here on the map. No one's see him since but he has habit of getting engrossed in his work so I hear. Before we deal with the kobolds, I'd like to ask you all to accompany Thyrn and me there just to make sure he's alright. Once that is done, I have no further issues about going after the kobolds. I...apologize for requesting this side trip but I made a promise to check up on Douven and I strive to be a woman of my word." With her first request finished, she left the map on the table so that the newcomers could see the area better.

    She took a deep breath and a thoughtful expression formed on her face. Whatever was on her mind wasn't pleasant and it seemed like she was trying to figure out the best way to put it to words, "...the second matter...is actually the main reason my group travelled to Winterhaven in the first place. Lord Padrig, I didn't want to say anything in public because I didn't want to start an unneeded panic, but since we're here, I'll speak plainly. Recently, a priestess of the Great Church in Fallcrest, Marla, has heard word of a man named Kalerel leading a small group of death cultists. The last information she was able to discover about this man and his group was that they were heading in the direction of Winterhaven. If that's true, he has had plenty of time arrive here. My companions and I were tasked with finding out the truth of the matter. If this man has come to Winterhaven within the last month, he should be considered dangerous." Not wasting any time, Rythia gives a brief description of what Kalarel looks like from all the information that was past on from the priestess. The look in her eyes shows that she personally believes this information is 100% accurate. When she finishes, she adds, "...maybe I'm just looking too deep into this but...if he didn't come Winterhaven, he might be the one riling up the kobolds. The attacks only increased a month or two, yes? Even if there is no connection, I'm still going to help deal with kobolds." Despite the serious tone in her voice and the firm belief she seemed to possess, her claim was certainly an incredible one.
    Last edited by Demonicheart; 2011-09-22 at 06:03 AM.
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sournote103's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Thyrn took in all there was to see in this grandiose location. He regarded each of the other adventurers in turn. An elf was nothing unusual, though he thought it somewhat odd to see anyone with a greatbow and a holy symbol. Humans were even more commonplace than elves, and it was not uncommon to see them swinging around weapons such as the broadsword this one carried. He did not know precisely what to make of the Deva, for he had never seen one before. It was apparent, however, that this creature was a scholar of the arcane. Thyrn knew he would have to watch the wizard to see if he could learn anything worthwhile. Minotaurs were not as common in human lands, though the tribe in which he had been raised had numerous dealings with minotaurs. He relaxed slightly, feeling more comfortable now that a race he was familiar with had joined the group.

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Sploosh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Valandil listens carefully but remains calm and composed. "Elf-child, your words are troubling but your courage is inspirational. Bravery is our strongest defense, wear it like armor for fear cuts deeper than the sword."

    In one graceful motion the elf slides the seat back, kneels before the half elf and lays his bow on the ground before him. "All those who would oppose the forces of darkness are my allies. Bahamut protect us. You have my bow."
    Some men are born to kill.
    Others push people around.
    A few are destined to lead


    I was born a tank.

    ∂▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█
    ▄████████████████▅▄▃▂ Avatar by Lordsmoothe
    █E█V█I█S█C█E█R█A█T█O█R██►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leolo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    "Tell me about the ruins your Douven Staul is investigating Rythia They'lliar from Tal'sulrim. Do you know the name of them?"

    "Once there may have been a time when i knew them" he wants to add but does not speak the words.

    Ruins are not much different from a man. They seem hard and strong, and fall during the time. Not much different from a deva. They do not vanish, they just break apart and into pieces.

    Draziw tries to remember ruins of a city or a village in this part of the world. "Was i here in one of my former lifes?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    History check to identify the ruins Rythia has spoken of: (1d20+11)[22] plus (1d6)[1] memories of a thousand lifetimes


    But a voice in his head whispers: "You are here now. You still have a purpose, no ruin could have."

    "I will help you, too young Rythia."

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    At the mention of a cult in the area, Lord Padraig leans forward in his chair, Do you know something that I donít? Is it serious? Should I be concerned? No, of course not. A cult? Here? Preposterous, I say. Preposterous. He then composes himself and leans back in his chair to watch the interactions of those before him.

    After the introductions have been made and everyone is agreeing to band together, he again speaks. I am glad you have agreed to work together, these kobolds vex me greatly. I wish you success in your attempts to deal with them.
    Playing:
    Ashe Natura - Grandpre Academy (Second Group) - D&D 4E
    Belim Copperheart - [4E] The Hulmund Saga

    Running:
    Keep on the Shadowfell - (OOC Thread) - (OOC Thread 2) - IC Thread

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    humson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Coal found the news this half elf women brought troubling. Death cultists were never good. I know what's it like to lose a mentor, I'll help you with finding him and the koblolds And and I help you investigate the cultist, this Kalerel.

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    Garvaugn shifts in his chair, his large frame seeming even larger in the it, "Loyalty to one's friends in an admirable trait. I, for one, certainly do not mind the detour to check on him. We must, of course, be mindful not to delay the main mission too long. Especially if your suspicions regarding a death cult are accurate. Such things are dangerous, and only grow more so the longer they are allowed to operate."

    Garvaugn turns to Lord Padraig and says, "Do not let wishful thinking or denial color your actions. It is far preferable to believe a cult is there and be wrong, then to deny one exists and be wrong. Of course, discretion must be maintained so as to not panic your subjects or alert the cult."

    Chuckling, he continues, "Speaking of discretion, it's probably fairly obvious that I am, well, fairly obvious. My presence is neither stealthy nor subtle, and we must bear that in mind as we plan our course of action."
    Let Belkar live!

    Necro Tower (DM):
    Group 1 OOC Group 1 IC
    Group 2 OOC Group 2 IC
    Group 3 OOC Group 3 IC

    Marvel Super Heroes (Player): OOC IC Char
    The Frontier of Verazemya (Player): OOC IC Char
    Curse of Hel (Player): OOC IC Char
    Kobold Run (Player): OOC IC Char

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Sploosh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    "Honesty, bravery and faith will be our weapons. Duty will bind us and trust will keep us together. These are the tools of the light. Leave the skulking to the followers of darkness." replies the kneeling elf.
    Last edited by Sploosh; 2011-09-24 at 05:46 AM.
    Some men are born to kill.
    Others push people around.
    A few are destined to lead


    I was born a tank.

    ∂▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█
    ▄████████████████▅▄▃▂ Avatar by Lordsmoothe
    █E█V█I█S█C█E█R█A█T█O█R██►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    A feeling of hope swelled in Rythia's heart as she listened to responses of her new allies. It seemed they were all in agreement about not only with dealing a blow to the kobolds but assisting with Douven's disappearance and the rumors of the cult. She was a little surprised by Valandil's gesture but was still very grateful for it. A smile crossed her lips as she fully believed that he exuded the same grace as any of the ranger guards back home. It was also pleasing to hear that Draziw, Coal and Garvaugn were in as well. She nodded her head a little and spoke calmly, "I'm pleased that we'll all be working together and thank you for your help."

    When Lord Padraig dismissed the idea of a cult in the area, Rythia could hardly say she was surprised. From everything she had seen thus far, Winterhaven was a peaceful town full of friendly people. She mentally added to herself, ...well, there was that one woman in the corner of the tavern...but choosing to be solitary isn't a bad thing. She turned to Lord Padraig and voiced her remaining thoughts, "I really do hope I'm completely wrong. It'd be a great relief actually but until then, I'll keep my eyes open. This will be the last time I bring up such dark matters without proof, Lord Padraig." Rythia thought it was best to let the subject go for now. Continuing it would just lead them all in circles.

    With most of the unpleasant news out of the way, Rythia retrieved the map from the table and turned towards Draziw. The crimson haired half-elf shook her head as she replied, "I'm afraid I don't have any first-hand knowledge of the ruins themselves. If they did have a name, I do not know it. The best information I can say about them is that apparently they were the last resting place of an ancient dragon long ago. Anything further, we will have to ask Douven himself when we see him. If nothing else, I know draconic so maybe if he isn't there, I could discern a clue about where he went then follow it after we're done with the kobolds."

    The young woman gave a small smirk to her minotaur ally as she lightly tapped her scale metal armor, "I'm not much better in that avenue either. I was a fairly clumsy child compared to others my age and my mother often told me how terrible a liar I was. Still, I like to think I'm a good speaker. Though somehow, I doubt the kobolds will simply give up because I asked them nicely if they can even understand me." She didn't mind poking fun at herself. She was an honest soul but perhaps that was one of her charms. She barely resisted the urge laugh as she stood up, "All joking aside, I guess the only things left to do are final preparations and heading out."
    _______________________________________________
    "Everyone has a photographic memory, its just that some people forget to load the film." ~ Anonymous

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Sploosh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    The elf nimbly rises to his feet. "If that is all, I shall return to my quarters to pray. Please notify me when we are ready to depart." He bows again before taking his leave.
    Some men are born to kill.
    Others push people around.
    A few are destined to lead


    I was born a tank.

    ∂▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█
    ▄████████████████▅▄▃▂ Avatar by Lordsmoothe
    █E█V█I█S█C█E█R█A█T█O█R██►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - IC

    "I let my axe talk for me when dealing with kobolds," Garvaugn says. Standing, he continues, "I shall return to my room now. Please send for me when it is time to depart."
    Let Belkar live!

    Necro Tower (DM):
    Group 1 OOC Group 1 IC
    Group 2 OOC Group 2 IC
    Group 3 OOC Group 3 IC

    Marvel Super Heroes (Player): OOC IC Char
    The Frontier of Verazemya (Player): OOC IC Char
    Curse of Hel (Player): OOC IC Char
    Kobold Run (Player): OOC IC Char

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •