New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony VI: MUFFINS!

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Well, unless Dragons and Ursas fulfill very different niches.
    Well, we have two ways of looking at these things.
    Either thy are mythological, and not required to make sense; or there is some sort of verisimilitude. The second is more fun, so I'll just discard the first off-hand.

We know that both creatures are omnivores at best. You don't grow teeth like that and then not use them. So either they eat meat, or they have to defend against other creatures of similar mass/threat levels in a violent,cstegosaur-like fashion.

We have seen dragons eat gems, but the impression is that gems and jewels are like candy to them. They also hoard wealth as wealth, or have the most tepid metabolism I've ever seen. Granted that the dragon could breathe fire, fight, and was irritated at theft and trespassing more than having his larder emptied, I'm presuming he got back from hunting and didn't want the jewels as a staple food.

We have also seen the Ursa drink milk, but it was a baby (a huge baby) and that could be passed off as akin to the teat. My only clue to it's diet is that, size, form and function make it an absolute alpha predator. The Ursas probably hibernate because the land can't sustain them otherwise.

Or maybe they hibernate based on ascendency of the related stars? Worth Investigating, I suppose. Have to do something with the now-defunct Equestrian astrology degree, right? Anyway, even given a wide palate, there is no way creatures that massive can have overlapping territory without conflict. Even more so with the dragon beig sentient, as that gives him emotional investment to cloud his logic, as well as instinctual solitary tendencies.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Well, we have two ways of looking at these things.
    Either thy are mythological, and not required to make sense; or there is some sort of verisimilitude. The second is more fun, so I'll just discard the first off-hand.

We know that both creatures are omnivores at best. You don't grow teeth like that and then not use them. So either they eat meat, or they have to defend against other creatures of similar mass/threat levels in a violent,cstegosaur-like fashion.

We have seen dragons eat gems, but the impression is that gems and jewels are like candy to them. They also hoard wealth as wealth, or have the most tepid metabolism I've ever seen. Granted that the dragon could breathe fire, fight, and was irritated at theft and trespassing more than having his larder emptied, I'm presuming he got back from hunting and didn't want the jewels as a staple food.

We have also seen the Ursa drink milk, but it was a baby (a huge baby) and that could be passed off as akin to the teat. My only clue to it's diet is that, size, form and function make it an absolute alpha predator. The Ursas probably hibernate because the land can't sustain them otherwise.

Or maybe they hibernate based on ascendency of the related stars? Worth Investigating, I suppose. Have to do something with the now-defunct Equestrian astrology degree, right? Anyway, even given a wide palate, there is no way creatures that massive can have overlapping territory without conflict. Even more so with the dragon beig sentient, as that gives him emotional investment to cloud his logic, as well as instinctual solitary tendencies.
    One thing I will point out about dragons is that they can survive hundred year long naps, so they may actually be, if not cold blooded, creatures with a low metabolic rate. Also, given the size difference between a dragon and an ursa major, dragons may in fact be on the menu.

Also, I notice that the dragon has spike weapons like what you'd associate with herbivorous creatures like Stegosaurs. Also, the dragon from dragonshy didn't seem interested in eating them, but instead just chasing them off. Personally, if chicken mcnuggets kept bothering me while I was trying to get to sleep, I wouldn't try to scare them off. I'd be in the market for some dipping sauce. It's possible that dragons, like the other sentient creatures we've seen (hoofed mammals) are herbivorous. In fact, if one was in an environment with Ursa Majors, their structures make sense for a prey animal. They can pop out numerous spikes, giving them weapons of discouragement and also making them hard to swallow. They can spit out quantities of fire, which is a great tactic for scaring off a larger predator (see real life bombardier beetles). They're (for large creatures) gracile and mobile, since if an Ursa shows up, they just have to fly away. The fact that dragons like Spike, an infant, can digest hay, to me, implies that meat is a small to negligible part of the diet.

So yeah. If dragons are prey animals for the Godzilla-sized beasts of the world, no wonder the dragon in Dragonshy chose somewhere far removed from the Everfree Forest for his nap. That mountain was a perfect spot to stay away from Ursas, who would have a hard time scaling the mountain.

EDIT: NOTE TO ALTERFORM

I figured out an even better comic idea. It was a scene I dashed out last thread.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pinkie: Hi sis!
    Photo Finish: Don't call me that in public.
    Pinkie Pie: Aw, why're you being an embarassy embarassment pants, Purple Pie?
    Photo Finish: NEIN NEIN NEIN. PURPLE PIE IS DEAD.
    Pinkie Pie: You are? AAAAAH! ZOMBIE PONY!
    (Pinkie Hides)
    Photo Finish: Und zis is why I left ze rock farm in ze FIRST place.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-04-24 at 10:18 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

3. - Top - End - #153
    Banned

biggrin Re: My Little Pony VI: MUFFINS!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Hey, SiuiS!

Our debt is settled.
    I am exactly 5 paragraphs in and grinning like a maniac. Hehe.

One thing I will point out about dragons is that they can survive hundred year long naps, so they may actually be, if not cold blooded, creatures with a low metabolic rate. Also, given the size difference between a dragon and an ursa major, dragons may in fact be on the menu.

Also, I notice that the dragon has spike weapons like what you'd associate with herbivorous creatures like Stegosaurs. Also, the dragon from dragonshy didn't seem interested in eating them, but instead just chasing them off. Personally, if chicken mcnuggets kept bothering me while I was trying to get to sleep, I wouldn't try to scare them off. I'd be in the market for some dipping sauce. It's possible that dragons, like the other sentient creatures we've seen (hoofed mammals) are herbivorous. In fact, if one was in an environment with Ursa Majors, their structures make sense for a prey animal. They can pop out numerous spikes, giving them weapons of discouragement and also making them hard to swallow. They can spit out quantities of fire, which is a great tactic for scaring off a larger predator (see real life bombardier beetles). They're (for large creatures) gracile and mobile, since if an Ursa shows up, they just have to fly away. The fact that dragons like Spike, an infant, can digest hay, to me, implies that meat is a small to negligible part of the diet.

So yeah. If dragons are prey animals for the Godzilla-sized beasts of the world, no wonder the dragon in Dragonshy chose somewhere far removed from the Everfree Forest for his nap. That mountain was a perfect spot to stay away from Ursas, who would have a hard time scaling the mountain.
    Mm. You win, because chicken mcnuggets. That was good for a solid chuckle and a half.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a reason I don't read sad, er... emotional fics. Why am I reading this one? If you make me tear up, I'm... well I don't know what I'll do.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    There's a reason I don't read sad, er... emotional fics. Why am I reading this one? If you make me tear up, I'm... well I don't know what I'll do.
    ... nuts, I'm in the midst of writing a sad short as I take a break from FFF.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

6. - Top - End - #156
    Firbolg in the Playground

Granted that the dragon could breathe fire, fight, and was irritated at theft and trespassing more than having his larder emptied, I'm presuming he got back from hunting and didn't want the jewels as a staple food.
    Bear in mind, though, that the Green Dragon was in no way about to have his larder emptied. Spike is a very small dragon with a (comparatively) very small appetite. Greenie would be more outraged out of principle than out of any real fear that he would run out of food. He probably felt that Spike was disrespecting his power by casually stealing his gems, or maybe he's just an aggressive dragon in general.

The Ursas are semi-transparent. I realize that "A unicorn did it" is an unsatisfying response to any question, but when you can clearly make out objects on the other side of a vertebrate creature (and can also clearly see that said creature has no internal organs), there's really not much else you can go with.

The Ursas appear to be made out of the night sky, which suggests a connection to Nightmare Moon. The fact that an Ursa Major lairs in the Everfree Forest, which grew up around Nightmare Moon's old castle, lends credence to this claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    then I'd say hold off on this one, but it really deserves a read-through. Plus there are three solid chuckle-worthy moments (and a possible hurt Hurr Hurr if you really insist) to balance it out.

I'd wax poetic about your work, Phoe, but I'm sure there's a character limit, and I hate being cut off. So hey, thank you, a lot. It's perfect.

-

In unrelated news, i think i understand the rabbit issue. See, all animals either absolutely love, or absolutely hate, Applejack. Cows are her friends, Winona is her friends, bunnies dislike and fear her. But my real evidence?

I have eight toy ponies. They are prominently displayed between a television and a Viking broadsword. And whenever one of my cats scores to eat a pony, well, it's always Applejack.

I don't know if they love her so much they want to play with her, or I'd they hate her so much they don't want her to be recognizable beyond an orange quadripedal lump, but her tail is a mess and her forehooves are all teethed up somethin' fierce. And as long as I've had these things, Applejack is the only ponytoy they care about*. They actively ignore the other toys to single Applejack out, even.
    I guess they just think she looks unnatural without her hat.

*there was a time where my eldest tried to eat Twilight Sparkle whole, but I think her horn deterred him

8. - Top - End - #158
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey, SiuiS!

Our debt is settled.

I have not the slightest idea what to think about this story, or what to do with it from here. But it's written. I'm done. Take it! *collapses*

edit: at 8200 words, this is officially the longest short story I have ever written.
    You already know all my feelings about this, because we spoke in the document, but I'll say it again here.

This is very good. I'm very touched to have this continuation written to my story, and that you treated my story with such respect. I know it's been really tough for you to write this story, because of the oddity of the situation, as well as various other factors, but you pulled it off wonderfully.

So, ah, yeah. Great job. Really, really good. Thank you very much, honestly.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Colossus in the Playground

"Should we wake him?"

"Nah."

"You're right. It's more trouble than it's worth."

*The two shadowy science ponies leave with the intention of getting lunch. There is a long silence, and then the test subject rises from the slab, roaring in blind fury! The zombie staggers a few steps to the lab computer, and with a gutteral roar, types out MLP fanfic. After this is done, it returns to the lab and lies back down on it's examination slab, just as the science ponies return*

A Study In Rainbows p4
    is the result.

Thanqol has returned.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

then I'd say hold off on this one, but it really deserves a read-through. Plus there are three solid chuckle-worthy moments (and a possible hurt Hurr Hurr if you really insist) to balance it out.

I'd wax poetic about your work, Phoe, but I'm sure there's a character limit, and I hate being cut off. So hey, thank you, a lot. It's perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    You already know all my feelings about this, because we spoke in the document, but I'll say it again here.

This is very good. I'm very touched to have this continuation written to my story, and that you treated my story with such respect. I know it's been really tough for you to write this story, because of the oddity of the situation, as well as various other factors, but you pulled it off wonderfully.

So, ah, yeah. Great job. Really, really good. Thank you very much, honestly.
    Well, you were the two I was primarily worried about pleasing, so hearing that you both enjoyed it is a tremendous weight off of my shoulders. Thank you for your kind words (SiuiS, you could wax just poetic just a little... )

That took... way more energy than I thought it would. I am definitely never betting a story on anything ever again. I learned my lesson, ok? I learned my lesson!

11. - Top - End - #161

Well, you were the two I was primarily worried about pleasing, so hearing that you both enjoyed it is a tremendous weight off of my shoulders. Thank you for your kind words (SiuiS, you could wax just poetic just a little... )

That took... way more energy than I thought it would. I am definitely never betting a story on anything ever again. I learned my lesson, ok? I learned my lesson!
    I bet you a story that you'll end up betting another story.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Oh sure, just compound her misery why don't you!

13. - Top - End - #163

Oh sure, just compound her misery why don't you!
    Hey, if she loses the bet she'll at least have company in her misery.

EDIT: And hey, if I wind up having to write a story based on a bet and it turns out half as good as Shades of Midnight I'll be content. Seriously, that's great and deserves your choice of high five, brohoof, or any other combination of hand-and-hoof approval gestures.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-04-25 at 12:19 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

So... Have there been any Megas XLR/MLP crossover images yet?

15. - Top - End - #165
    Banned

I love you, Dramatic Voice Man. I only wish I had thought to call her bluff. Alas; you have taken up the awesome quota for getting PhoeKun to make a bet, so now there's no profit in it.

Hm, I burnt all my poetic sense for the day describing an acoustic guitar, and I've learned that when the muse is absent, I'm better off saying less.

That being said, I'm a narcissist and love the thought of someone wanton me to talk, so I'll get back to you when I'm recharged.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Banned

Horsefeathers. Double post.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-04-25 at 01:45 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

But if I... but if you... I don't... how could... *sound of breaking glass*

No no no, this is a bad idea. I already owe AlterForm a story. I already owe Trixie a story. And I still need to finish my Rainbows series. And... oh crap, right. I swore I'd try something for Buttersc0tchSundae, too. Yeah no. I can't get in any farther than I am already. I am on the brink of the pony singularity. Any further and I'll have to learn to type with hooves.

18. - Top - End - #168

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    So... Have there been any Megas XLR/MLP crossover images yet?
    I think I saw one a while back. Not the smallest idea where that was, though, sorry.
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, so I took a bit from writing Fair Feather Friend to write an idea that percolated up tonight. I call it... Forever. Tag: Sad.

Critique and criticism encouraged and appreciated, before I go submitting it anywhere.

NOTE:SLIGHT SIGNIFICANT EDITS MADE SINCE THE ORIGINAL POST.

Spoiler
    Show

Forever
    By BobCat
    Note: I'll warn you now. This one is a bit sad. Don't expect the sort of humor you get from Fair Feather Friend or ... And Apple Accessories.

Pinkie Pie loved visiting Fillydelphia. She hadn't been there in forever and she was literally bouncing with joy to be back. The big city had some of the best candy shops in Equestria, and nopony in Ponyville knew how to make a proper Filly cheese and pepper sandwich. From the smells wafting past her nose, it was clear that whoever ran the small deli in which she sat did know to make one very properly. She no idea why nopony else was in there, it being the lunch hour and all, but thems was the breaks. She was visibly drooling, but she had to wait. After all, she was meeting somepony she hadn't seen in nearly five years. The letter telling her when and where to meet wasn't signed, but she recognized the writing instantly. She was so excited that she didn't realize she was speaking out loud. "I'm so excited! I've never been so excited, except for that one time I..."

And then a handsome stallion, with great and practiced economy of motion, opened the door to the deli. He held the door open while averting his gaze. What Pinkie saw through the open door was slightly ridiculous: a bright blue pony in a black and pink dress being carried by two earth ponies on a luxurious litter, like an eastern potentate. The two joyless ponies lowered themselves to the ground, allowing their passenger to hop off. With an imperious voice with more than a hint of a Ponyconian accent, she barked, "Go. Be back in thirty minutes." Her orders were enacted as soon as the words left her lips.

The owner of the deli, who had been reading the newspaper in an effort to ignore Pinkie's incessant chatter, dropped everything and was at her side in an instant. "G-good afternoon, Miss Finish!"

Despite her thick, decorated sunglasses, Pinkie got the impression that Photo Finish was judging him with an inveterate perfectionists' eye for detail. She seemed to find him wanting, but acceptable. The burly Fillydelphian shrank slightly under her gaze. The blue pony's face was an emotionless mask. "I trust you have made ze arrangments." It was not a question. It was a statement. The deli owner nodded. "Zen go get ze meal, und leave us be."

No sooner had he gone to fetch their lunch when Pinkie was at Photo Finish's side with a hop, skip and jump. She embraced the blue pony, who stiffened at her touch. "Sister sister sister sister sister! I missed you so much! We're gonna have so much fun! We can go see where Parliament meets and tour the Horseshy chocolate factory and I have a huuuuge list of other places we can go! And then we can go back to Ponyville and you can meet all my friends and..."

Not for the first time, Pinky found herself with a hoof shoved violently into her mouth. Pinkie gave a muffled sigh. Why did everypony always want to be so quiet? Photo Finish dispassionately said, "We eat." As if on cue, the deli owner came out of the kitchen and deposited plates of steaming food in front of them; one of the city's famous sandwiches for Pinkie, and a bowl of soup for Photo Finish. He also put out cups of coffee for them and said something under his breath about calling if they needed anything. He retreated back to the kitchen, making sure to never lock eyes with Photo Finish.

Pinkie devoured the first half of her gooey sandwich in seconds, leaving her face covered in cheese and green pepper. She noticed the slight frown from Photo Finish and said, "Excuse me," quietly. She wiped her face and began daintily nibbling the sandwich. Pinkie interpreted the return to the poker face as approval.

After eating in silence for a minute, Photo set aside her bowl of soup half finished. "Hm. Sub par."

Pinkie frowned. "Aw, I'm sorry you didn't like your lunch. We could have the nice owner-pony get you one of these sandwiches instead. These things are good!"

Photo Finish shook her head. "Nein. I do not eat here for ze food. I eat here because ze owner will close the shop for me for private meetings."

She sounded so... flat. Was this the same pony she'd taught to party after that rainbow-thing exploded in the sky? Pinkie put out a hoof on Photo Finish's in a comforting gesture. "Is something wrong? If you need me, I can..."

Photo gestured violently, forcing Pinkie's hoof away. "Nein. Nothing is wrong. Yet." She paused. "Before we begin, how is ze family?"

Pinkie brightened up again instantly. "They're doing super! Mom and Dad are still at the rock farm and they just had a great harvest. The price is good this year 'cause of that highway they're building between Canterlot and Stalliongrad, so Mom finally got that sewing machine she wanted. Granny Pie just sent me a letter and some cookies, and she's having a wonderful time at her condo in Hippo. She says the hot weather's great for her arthritis. Oooh, we're aunties now! Achromatic Pie just had her kid with that boy from the old country!"

"Hm." Photo Finish seemed to ignore what Pinkie said and took a sip of her coffee. "I lied ven I said I didn't go here for ze food. He knows how to make a passable cup of coffee."

Pinkie's heart fell a little. Why was her sister being such a weirdy weirdo-pants? "I... I don't know what's wrong Purple Pie, but..."

At that name, Photo Finish finally displayed some real emotion. The blue pony was in her face in an instant. "Nein nein nein! Purple Pie is dead, you hear me? I do not dye mein fur and mein hair and talk in zis stupid accent so that ponies can know I'm Purple Pie! You call me Photo Finish, or ma'am, or nothing at all!"

Pinkie blinked. "Wait... Purple Pie is dead? Then what are you..." She paused. "Zombie pony! Aaaaaaaaah!" Pinkie Pie ducked under the table. Of course, she was just playing. This would make her drop character! After all, Purple Pie had always had a great sense of humor, even before the day with the rainbow thingy. It had just been more subtle before; how anypony could stack rocks in a funny way, Pinkie didn't know, but Purple Pie had always managed to do it.

Pinkie noticed a distinct lack of laughter. In fact, she heard Photo Finish smack her forehead and utter a profanity. Pinkie frowned again and poked her head up. Photo Finish sat back down and finished off her coffee. The robotic mask was up again.

Pinkie took a sip of her own cup. She figured if her picky picky-pants sister said it was passable, it must be scrumptious. She was wrong. Bleah! So bitter! How could anypony drink coffee? She resisted the urge to spit it out. She suspected that would just make Purple Pie unhappier. Reluctantly, she swallowed the bitter brew.

Photo Finish let annoyance creep into her voice. "Just add some sugar to it so you'll like it."

Realization dawned on Pinkie's face. Of course! Sugar! Sugar made everything better! The resulting mixture, which might be more technically sugar with some coffee for flavoring than coffee with some sugar for flavoring, was much better.

As Pinkie finished loudly slurping up the rest of her sugar and coffee slurry, Photo Finish spoke up. "Und now we discuss ze business."

Pinkie nodded. "Yup, we have a big day ahead of us! I'm thinking that since we already ate, we should go to the Parliament building first and build up an appetite and..."

"We are not hanging out today. I have an appointment to keep in," she said, checking her wristwatch, "twenty minutes, und my ride will come in ten minutes."

Pinkie's face fell. "B-but you sent me a letter saying to meet you here. Why bring me all the way out here if we weren't going to see all the cool stuff?"

"Because I am coming to Ponyville soon. I have found a dress maker who may have... ze magic, according to Hoity Toity. My last letter from Father said you were living there, und we needed to talk before I arrived."

A goofy grin plastered itself across Pinkie Pie's face. "Oooh, that's why we can't do fun things in Fillydelphia. That's okay, when you get to Ponyville, you can stay at my place. I rent this awesome room in a bakery and I have a pet gator named Gummy who will just love you! Then you can meet all my friends and..."

The fashionista shook her head. "I am not meeting your friends. At least, not on purpose."

Pinkie Pie wanted to cry. "Why are you doing this? You shoot down everything I say! I've missed you! I want to hang out with you and show you all the cool stuff I've been doing. How can we do that if we don't hang out?"

Photo Finish steepled her hooves in a pose that reminded Pinkie of comic book villains. "Zat is why I met you here before you could spoil everything." She leaned in ever so slightly. Pinkie found her goggles almost hypnotic. "Pinkie, I wasn't kidding. Purple Pie is dead. I have spent many years making sure zat nopony knows that the great Photo Finish is an Amish rock farmer named Purple Pie."

"But I love Purple Pie." Hot tears were starting to well up in Pinkie's eyes and she was losing the fight to avoid letting them flow down her cheeks.

Photo Finish's expression remained unreadable. "I have no use for love right now. I need a good reputation, und my reputation is as a taskmaster und a serious fashionista. Nopony who is anypony wants to buy a dress from a hick who grew up on a rock farm."

"My friends can keep secrets, Pur... Photo Finish." Pinkie hated correcting herself, but it did make the blue pony give a slight grin when she conceded that point. "They'd love to meet you."

"Correction, Pinkie. Two ponies can keep a secret. They can keep it forever, if they have to. Three ponies cannot. Und that is why nopony must know that we are related. It would destroy me."

"How can you just sit there so calmly and tell me to go jump in a lake? That isn't what sisters do! Sisters do stuff together and answer letters when I send them! I wasn't going to bring that up, but it hurts when you don't write back!" Pinkie finally lost the war with her tears. She hated crying, unless it was crying because you laughed too much, but this was the equivalent of an emotional sucker punch.

"I do get them. I appreciate you keeping me in the loop. But I can't afford to break character to write back. I'm in a harsh industry, und slipping back into being Purple Pie risks making me soft." The small hint of a smile was gone, and the mask was back up.

"If you have to be a mean old meaniepants to be a fashionista to start with, why do it? You could be anything else you wanted!"

"Because of ze magic. From zat first moment when I sewed that dress for Achromatic Pie und won ze blue ribbon at the fair, I was hooked. I had to have that feeling again. I hate ze backroom nonsense, but zat moment, when something you make or a talent you find gets to shine, is heaven. Simply heaven. This is what I want... no, this is what I need. I make sacrifices for it. Some of them seem stupid, but they are necessary." Her expression softened subtly. "I know this is harsh, but I do what I do because I don't want others to go through what I did. I help ponies. I go to the small towns the other fashion moguls avoid, giving ponies the chance I never got back in Rockton. The only way I can be kind to them is to be cruel to you. If I let my reputation die, many ponies will never get their chance to experience ze magic."

Pinkie's jaw dropped. "Wow, I didn't know fashion was so... mean!"

Photo Finish nodded, frowning deeply. "Jah. It is. So promise me. Nopony must know that we are related. You don't know me und I don't know you." Photo Finish was leaning in and Pinkie could feel an intense gaze behind those soulless lenses.

"B-but..." Pinkie stammered.

"I have done many things in these last five years to get to where I am. I am not proud of all of them und I want none of it to be in vain. Swear that you will never tell anypony."

Pinkie sniffed. "If... if this is what you need..."

"Say ze words. 'Photo Finish, I promise to tell nopony that we are related. Forever.'" Photo Finish gave the last word an almost terrifying emphasis.

Pinkie nodded. "Okay. Photo Finish, I promise to tell nopony that we are related. F-forever." Pinkie had much less force behind the last word. "Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." She felt like she was cutting off her own arm. In fact, that probably would have hurt less, because she could get through it if her friends and family there for her.

Photo nodded. "Wunderbar. Und perfect timing as well; my entourage will be here shortly." She got up to leave, leaving a small pile of twenty bit bills on the table. The smiling face of Princess Celestia just made Pinkie all the sadder.

Once again, Pinkie embraced Photo Finish. Again, the fashionista stiffened. This time, Pinkie didn't let go. "I still love you, Purple Pie. Even if you're being a meaniepants who's embarrassed by me. Just promise me that it's not forever, okay?"

Photo Finish relaxed slightly and returned the hug. "Okay, Pinkie Pie. It's not forever. Someday, I'll go back to being Purple Pie. And while Photo Finish can't have a family slowing her down... but Purple Pie still loves you."

Pinkie Pie was crying freely now. "I miss Purple Pie. Make sure she comes back, okay? I don't want to have to tell Granny Pie on you."

It was Purple Pie who smiled back at Pinkie. "I will. I hope you liked your lunch."

"It was super duper. Thanks for treating me." With that, they broke the embrace and Photo Finish left the deli, trotting with a confident gait. Pinkie could hear her bark orders outside and soon, Finish and her employees were gone.

Pinkie decided to go see the Parliament building and the Horshey chocolate factory after all. Both were awesome, even if she went by herself.

A week later, when she saw Photo Finish again, she kept up her best poker face. After all, she'd made a promise to her sister, and sisters kept promises.

Forever.

The End

Edit: I see. So nopony's read it. I can see you all out there, with your green "online" status buttons! Taunting me!

Unless...
    this is all a social experiment, isn't it? Yes, yes, I see it now. I'm in exile now. Shunned by the community. I know to dress warm for a shunning. Warm means thick layers, and thick layers means padding when they start throwing the shun rocks. (of course, kidding).
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-04-25 at 03:33 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Greenie would be more outraged out of principle than out of any real fear that he would run out of food. He probably felt that Spike was disrespecting his power by casually stealing his gems, or maybe he's just an aggressive dragon in general.
    Spike was indeed disrespectful. Instead of apologizing, he tried to play the "we're brothers"-card, and when he saw that the dragon was not pleased with that, he tried to "intimidate" the bigger green dragon with his baby fire breath.

If a piepsqueak came into your house, eat your candies, and instead of apologizing told you that your casa is also now his casa and played around with a knive gangsta-style, I don't think you're going to be very happy.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Banned

That is a really achy story. It was well written, but I felt the tension between the two was one-sided. Really, Photo Finish just sounded like she was blowing Pinkie off. That's actually a good thing, since it makes it seem like a real conflict and not a perfect "the protagonist must be faced with something" kind of conflict.
    Still, it sucks for Pinkie Pie that things went down the way they did. But what are ya gonna do?

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/11688...dship-is-magic

Pretty d'awww story featuring Carrot Top and Derpy.

On unrelated news, I really liked the story. Even if it is a little disturbing now to think Photo Finish as Pinkie's some sort of long lost sister. But still, very well written.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

I am on the brink of the pony singularity. Any further and I'll have to learn to type with hooves.
    And... this is a reason to STOP writing?

...also, wow. The thread has massively slowed down.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

24. - Top - End - #174

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post

...also, wow. The thread has massively slowed down.
    This thread just had six pages in less than two days.

If you want more content, have A Study In Rainbows p5.

EDIT: @Forever:

Aw man. Short, sad, sweet, sharp.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-04-25 at 07:45 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Well, to be fair, keyboards aren't exactly built for hooves. You end up hitting several keys at once, and then how can you do any writing at all? Besides, a pony singularity? That's just silly. I've never heard of such a rsdfehtaqzx.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-04-25 at 07:42 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, but we had like ten posts while I was asleep. That's it.

I don't think I've read the previous parts. I get lazy with fanfics.

^ lol. You need a dragon scribe. :P
    Or to learn to write with your mouth... or use your horn.
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-04-25 at 07:52 AM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

But if I... but if you... I don't... how could... *sound of breaking glass*

No no no, this is a bad idea. I already owe AlterForm a story. I already owe Trixie a story. And I still need to finish my Rainbows series. And... oh crap, right. I swore I'd try something for Buttersc0tchSundae, too. Yeah no. I can't get in any farther than I am already. I am on the brink of the pony singularity. Any further and I'll have to learn to type with hooves.
    You don't actually owe me anything, Phoe. Work at whatever pace you need to to not drive yourself insane, ya hear?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

My brother, Shhalahr Windrider, apparently watched one episode after I ranted to him about the series for the past month. Don't know if he's a broney, but I guess he wanted to give me a gift.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rarity's number one admirer!
    Click on the dragon eggs to help them hatch and grow, or get some for yourself!

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

Meanwhile, on one russian chan, a new drawfriend was born.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180

Quote Originally Posted by fizmat View Post
    Meanwhile, on one russian chan, a new drawfriend was born.
    Spoiler
    Show

Love this to bits.

Wooooo p7 of A Study In Rainbows is finished woooooo. I'll edit it tomorrow before I post it up here.

*Collapses onto keyboard*