New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion IV: Roll Join Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    If you take a potted plant from Creation to Malfeas, does photosynthesizing Ligier's light turn it into a Creature of Darkness?

Is it an evil plant?
    1) No.

2) Yes. All plants are plotting murder at all times. But it's unrelated to being in malfeas.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

If you take a potted plant from Creation to Malfeas, does photosynthesizing Ligier's light turn it into a Creature of Darkness?

Is it an evil plant?
    Trick question. It was an evil plant to begin with, as the Jadefolk know well.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it an evil plant?
    No. It just withers and dies. There's all that poison and gunk in the air remember. Also I believe it is stated in several places that Ligier's light is inimical to most of Creation's flora.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Final Conclusion: Carrots and Tomatoes are objectively evil.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Are there rules for creationg god/elemental/ghost characters? And, if so, where are they?
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Are there rules for creationg god/elemental/ghost characters? And, if so, where are they?
    Pg 170 of the Roll of Glorious Divinity vol 1.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Pg 170 of the Roll of Glorious Divinity vol 1.
    Except the Ghosts they are in the Second Roll of Glorious Divinity.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Had often joked about the innuendo of Sol having a +1 Ride specialty for Luna.

Just realized that Luna has a +3 Ride specialty for Gaia.

God dammit.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not sure that plants can qualify under the label of "Creature of Darkness".

Also, tomatoes can't be evil. Bob the Tomato is a tomato.

Also also, rules for playing Gods/Elementals is in the Roll of Glorious Divininty Volume I.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-04-26 at 09:11 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn
    Also, meschlum... I love you so much.
    I quite agree with this sentiment.
    Yay! Cult ranking might increase if I can find the xp.

Have a cookie.

Refining the Art of Battle

Just as Sorcery does not belong to Creation, the Fair Folk are outsiders, endowed with talents that have their own logic but shall forever remain beyond the understanding of the Creation-born. Some of the Raksha are lured into Creation by the promises of Martial Arts, means of refining and defining the self until the world must follow.

Even fewer are those who seek to combine Sorcery and Martial Arts, as neither comes easily to the Fair Folk. Instead, these rare Raksha rely on the Exalted to do the heavy lifting, contributing the mad genius of the Wyld to the final endeavor, making it possible where others need to deal with the necessary work.

When such an Exalt can be convinced to swear to follow the precepts of Raksha warfare, they find their magical and martial talents vastly expanded. they also usually seek to hunt down and destroy the &$@# Fair Folk who tricked them into this, as they cannot see the true potential they have gained. Typically, they succeed, and do their best to forget they were ever involved in the matter.

Still, there are rumors...

1-dot Adjuration
    Confers Millipede Mind, which has no mechanical benefit for the one gaining it (besides being forced to commit one mote to it forever).

Why?

Because it enables the following Martial Arts and Sorcery based attack:

WOOD DRAGON CLEAVAGE!!!

That is all.

A variant that (horror!) has mechanical benefits would involve adding Armament of Flesh (as another 1-dot Adjuration, or raising the Art to 3 dots). This would turn a... body part... into a weapon. Capable of parrying lethal attacks, and inflicting same.

Real Fey Martial Arts don't wear pants.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Not having looked over Celestial Monkey Style, is there something wrong with it?
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, meschlum. You always bring a smile to my face.

Edit: It has a Charm specifically for hitting people in the groin. Which is delightful. Aside from that it could do with being based more on Sun Wukong. Oh you meant mechanically? No, idea.
    Last edited by Sanguine; 2011-04-26 at 09:30 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Bugbear in the Playground

Not having looked over Celestial Monkey Style, is there something wrong with it?
    It's okay. Some poor/odd design decisions, but out of the CMAs and up in the Scroll of the Monk, it's one of the decent ones.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

14. - Top - End - #134

WolfInSheepsClothing

OK, I have a couple questions. First, say I'm a Lunar in Creation who knows Ash and Tears Banquet, and I take the form of a ghost. Am I immaterial? The knack doesn't let me emulate essence based powers, but in general "constant of effortless powers usually function." And for a ghost being immaterial in creation isn't a power, in fact it takes an Arcanos to materialize.

If the answer is yes, then if it any different if they take a demon or god form (who are also naturally immaterial)?

Edit: And can I join the cult of the God of Raksha in Creation too?
    Last edited by a_humble_lich; 2011-04-26 at 09:48 PM.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    --Will S.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Not sure about the others, but the demon form has been explicitly stated to give you its material form.
    Satomi by Elagune

16. - Top - End - #136
    Bugbear in the Playground

There's not a God of Raksha, unless you count Luna. Anything not covered or created by Fate of Creation doesn't have a God (vast oversimplification, but it's roughly correct)
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
    There's not a God of Raksha, unless you count Luna. Anything not covered or created by Fate of Creation doesn't have a God (vast oversimplification, but it's roughly correct)
    Except Commoner Raksha are not Outside Fate.

Also there's the Envoy to the Demon City. Or something like that. Her official domain falls outside the purview of Fate.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

So, any opinion on how to do stunts? Or should they just be dropped from the game, as least as far as Test of Spite goes?
    I like the idea of just assuming 2-die stunts for every rolled action.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

It's really just more dice being rolled since both sides would get the +2 dice bonus, bar the actual dungeoncrawl version.
    BEEP.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Especially since if I did that, I'd have to at least disallow the willpower regain. Most likely, both that and the motes.
    Satomi by Elagune

21. - Top - End - #141

Quote Originally Posted by a_humble_lich View Post

Edit: And can I join the cult of the God of Raksha in Creation too?
    He's retired, I tell you! Retired!

Though I suppose some use could be found for any gossamer, ambrosia, soulsteel, or vitriol that reaches the Old Gods Resting Home. With over nine thousand retired gods and one bathroom, there are issues to deal with.

That, or asking questions about the Fair Folk seems to work quite for summoning him.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    Also there's the Envoy to the Demon City. Or something like that. Her official domain falls outside the purview of Fate.
    Verumpira, the Ambassador, is a he. He also holds one of the coolest artifacts in the game, the word "submission" given physical form.
    Last edited by The Rose Dragon; 2011-04-26 at 11:34 PM.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Especially since if I did that, I'd have to at least disallow the willpower regain. Most likely, both that and the motes.
    Why would you have to do that?

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Plus, that position doesn't seem a 'natural' position. He's assigned that because the gods don't trust the Yozi(with good reason), but I don't think the position itself gives him power/athuroity. That comes from Heaven, which is nominally behind him.

And, I'd have to remove it, because otherwise you have infinite perfect defenses/combos.
    Satomi by Elagune

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

And, I'd have to remove it, because otherwise you have infinite perfect defenses/combos.
    You don't have to remove it. You just have to realize that, compared to 1-die stunts, 2- and 3-die stunts are supposed to be very infrequently awarded. And that they are awards (by the pattern spiders), not laws of physics.
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

There is a level of tedium involved if each individual post needs to be judged for a reward,
    BEEP.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    I like the idea of just assuming 2-die stunts for every rolled action.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    You don't have to remove it. You just have to realize that, compared to 1-die stunts, 2- and 3-die stunts are supposed to be very infrequently awarded. And that they are awards (by the pattern spiders), not laws of physics.
    True. I was specifically referring to the above quote. Plus, I dislike that method for other reasons.

Now, the other problem, is that Stunts are a subjective reward that needs to be judged case by case. That's just a huge time delay.
    Satomi by Elagune

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    There is a level of tedium involved if each individual post needs to be judged for a reward,
    That kind of comes with stunts, though. They are always supposed to be rewards given after consideration. Some actions won't merit any stunt awards. Most will merit a 1-die stunt. 2- and 3-die stunts get progressively rarer.
    I use black for sarcasm.

29. - Top - End - #149

Apologies for the last post. The Pattern Spiders noticed a distinct lack of Fair Folk content, and demanded that causality be rebalanced.

Thus...

The Sacred Rutabaga of the not-Heretical Cult of the Endarkenated

Creation's gods are not doing their job. If it's obvious to the Fair Folk, how much worse must it be for the mortals who live there? What's more, since mortals tend to swear on their souls when trying to bargain with the divine, who are the Raksha to refuse?

Where the Sacred Rutabaga manifests, faith in it is not only encouraged, but actively rewarded. Those asking for riches will receive them. Those begging for revenge or justice will be satisfied. Those desiring safety from the threats of the outside world - be it the Realm, the dead, or the Wyld itself - will be sheltered. Those wondering how the miracles take place will be shown.

What greater faith could there be?

5-dot Oneiromancy
    Assumption of the Living Kingdom: might as well go big from the start.
    Ordinary Object Conjuration: anyone praying for wealth gets a resource 5 emerald the size of their hand. Every 5 ticks.
    Unparallelled Terror Technique: anyone who is subject to prayers for revenge will be infected with a lethal dream-poison which will kill them over time. Only if their Conviction wavers and they make amends on time will they survive.
    Manacles of Virtue: anyone whose virtues are wholly consumed by the Fair Folk will be granted 2 'virtual' dots in the virtue instead. (Custom variant)
    Waypoint Knife: anyone praying for protection will be surrounded by an unbreakable barrier that lasts an hour.

If you want to give your people more benefits, make another Oneiromancy. With Artifact 5 (possible at character creation), you can have a 4-dot and a 5-dot spell, so you still have lots of options.

Heart Stealing Kiss so the Fair Folk can eat all your virtues while you're unaware, Adored by All the World so people praying for friends will get them, Behemoth Forging Meditation to grant health, strength, and Enlightenment to people praying for it...

At higher tiers of Artifact ownership (or for smaller areas of effect), you can add Fall of Night Shadows the Truth to obscure attempts at realizing the faith is heretical (or Curse of Definition while you're at it), include a Behemoth that does your smiting and rewarding for you (requires fewer artifact dots in some cases), and more.
    Last edited by meschlum; 2011-04-27 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Typo

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

@Tavar: You should probably remove them from the equation entirely. It sounds like you don't want 2/3-die versions anyway because it opens up the infinite combos, and I'm sure that someone would find a way to abuse the idea of any 'assumed' bonus by taking a bunch of actions between actions or some such nonsense. I would think that stunts would work both ways if they were used properly in a PVP environment, so it all balances out anyway.

On another note: the mindset of She who Lives in Her Name looks a lot like Autochthon's mindset, or at least that of an alchemical with his Clarity turned up high enough. How did they end up with two creepy, mechanically-minded, collectivist mad scientist primordials? What's the key difference between the two, besides one of them defecting? Is it just that Autocthon is more of an inventor and She is more of a straight empirical physicist?

Also, what's all this talk about the reclamation? It sounds like a whole bunch of plot got dumped into the Return of the Scarlet Empress or something and pretty much invalidated everything I thought about the setting.

Edit: Meschlum posted while I was typing that, so it sadly includes no response to the hilarity.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2011-04-27 at 01:11 AM.