New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars - Durasteel

Spoiler
    Show
    forgot to mention that if I miss I will be using Desperate Gambit:

(1d20+17)[30]

it gives either a -2 or -5 to my reflex def, I forget which and don't have my files here.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Carga reaches for her blaster first, but Marina forces her to duck away from it, and Haru burns her shoulder, and she follows.
    But that doesn't stop Kirana and Niyo from leaping across the table, their own weapons raised.
    Four more Kiranas emerge with their own weapons.
    And two Niyo's.
    Another Carga.
    And six Soraths.
    And dozen's of other women in various states of dress.
    A green-eyed red-head, unknown to the Jokers, breaks through, holding a pair of blaster pistols.
    "Drop. Them. Now."
    The Chief looks at the many, many blasters pointed at him, and begins to lower his weapon.
    {{Captain Kast} Laughing Chaos, this attack is obviously an attempt to finish you off... Hold your positions, and I will move to extract..."{LAUGHING CHAOS(FIRETEAM 8 and 4}}
    "You look a lot better, Sorath... Mind telling me what this is about?"
    "It's about appearances."
    This is the redhead, Sorath says nothing.
    "Hands on your head, kneel. Weapons down. Now."

Spoiler
    Show
    Do you mean "marshal point"? It would make a lot more sense than "martial point".
    Nope.
    Like a "Field Marshal", or "I am marshalling my forces!"

...(Apparently, those dirty evil bastidges have cloned Haru and the Chief as females now. Can't wait for the fashion runway sequence.)
    Whoops!

Confused, are Derec and Heru here also or at a different location?
    Derec and Shadow are at the same location, with the quartermaster, and Haru is with the Chief, Amber and Marina.
    Danguard just joinded Derec and Haru Shadow.
    Jonas is outside, beyond Mavra and Jauz.

She probably can sling an E-web power generator and haul a tripod mount around with impunity...She just can't keep the generator tuned between bursts. Of course, that's not a problem for a Heavy Repeating Blaster or Rotary Blaster Cannon or Proton-Torpedo Launcher (and the first two even take the same power packs she uses for her primary cannon, so she'll lean heavily that way). Bulk is clearly more of an issue for her than weight. Past a certain point, slinging one more weapon just becomes unweildy.

Can he toss both grenades? I cant see why not and I can't find a mechanic that allows him to..
    Deadman's switch? I see no reason not to...

The Trandoshan holds up his hands in protest.
    "No. That's my responsibility-get to your assigned station trooper, we have our orders. Here's the projector."
    He slides a foam-wrapped cartridge across the counter to Derec, and hisses as Derec helps himself to the grenade launchers, but lets him take them.
    He turns on a comm device, "Corporal Dawes and Fort, follow procedures on weapon relocation. We have to hurry. Not a drill."
    {{Captain Kast} Laughing Chaos, this attack is obviously an attempt to finish you off... Hold your positions, and I will move to extract..."{LAUGHING CHAOS(FIRETEAM 8 and 4}}

As he darts back behind his corner, Jonas hears one of the women complain.
    "Now that's just rude..."
    Twin explosions rock his ears and the inside to the lab, surprising Jauzhmynn who takes a step back.
    Nas squints, "Holorecorder's been damaged. Shields up."
    A ray shield appears just behind the doors, a glimmering plane of red.
    "The arc welder would never have gotten through that..."
    He points to the E-web blaster Mavra is eyeing, "You leave that. It's mine. There's an emergency exit in the back. I have to remain to supervise the movement of these items... I'll get you your requested items."
    He nods at Jauzhmynn, "Both of you."

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    It's an entire cafeteria. No.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOasysMaster View Post
    Derec and Shadow are at the same location, with the quartermaster, and Derec is with the Chief, Amber and Marina.
    Danguard just joined Derec and Haru.
    Jonas is outside, beyond Mavra and Jauz.
    So apparently Derec is in two places at once now. If only I could figure out how to do that whenever I wanted to...

Derec double-clicked his comm to signal acknowledgement, and looked around, assessing entrances, fire lanes, and choke points. No, not here. The depot would have access in the back for moving supplies in and out, and even if one counted the quartermaster and his assistant, six would be insufficient to secure the place. He started wracking his brains, trying to remember the parts of the base's layout he had seen and come up with a more defensible location near by.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge Tactics - (1d20+12)[31]
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Derec realizes that 'the place to be' is with Kast.
    And Kast would inevitably be taking them out of Halo base...
    ...and the agreed upon and mentioned method of doing that was to 'drop' them.
    The hangars.
    If he can't locate or contact Kast, then he'd be able to better find a position at the hangar.
    Of course, he has no idea where it'd be...

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, well, 'til then, I am looking for a good, defensible position to hole up in until the extraction force arrives.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    ^-_-
    He could just ask...

Of course, returning to the barracks couldn't hurt...
    It had an elevated position, and he might run into Kast.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Mavra rumbles at the other Herglic. "Aw, they let you play with all the fun toys." It's clear she's kidding, though, and her attention remains focused on the shield that just sprang up. Her earpiece crackles and she taps it twice, muttering under her breath. "Deeps, and I thought they were here to sell us cookies." She glances back at Nas and bellows. "Cap'n just told us to hold positions for extract. Unless you got a priority reason for us to leave -- like you're about to scuttle this place in a very big fireball -- hold is what we're gonna do."

She squints edgily at the shielded blast door, gauntleted fingertips idly tracing the familiar side of her blaster cannon's receiver. No, Mommy isn't going to give up on this one just yet. There's something to be said for familiarity... "Any other exits in this place we gotta cover, Nas? Or might expect retrieval through?"

She watches the shielded door and looks faintly amused. Just with the already produced gear, they can probably make their own exit through almost any wall, any time they care to.

9. - Top - End - #1239

Chimera

Spoiler
    Show
    You, uh, did look at her sheet when we started this shindig, right?

Not to mention her writeup. This is the character that dropped a (large) building on herself to kill a Sith?

Strength 20, Large size (lifting and carrying capacity is doubled, able to use Large weapons as medium, huge as if large, receives a +5 size bonus to Damage Threshold (with another +5 from Imp. Dmg Threshold!), takes up a 2x2 square area, has 2-square reach, etc), AND she has all those tasty bits like Feat of Strength, Multigrab and Knock Heads, Indomitable, Tough as Nails, Tested in Battle, etc.

Mavra is a tank. They just forgot to put treads on her.
    Last edited by Shunka Warakin; 2011-11-01 at 03:40 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    ^-_-
    He could just ask...
    Now where is the fun in that?

Besides, the quartermaster could just be paper-pushing REMF and would not know a defensible position if it bit him in a tender portion of his anatomy.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ogre in the Playground

Jonas pops back around the corner, scanning the area for a target. He hopes that he can kill them before they break through.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nice. Does she come with a passenger seat?

12. - Top - End - #1242

Chimera

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfstone View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nice. Does she come with a passenger seat?
    Nah, but we can get a pintle-mount installed on her helmet and you can sit on her shoulder.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Nas shakes his head, "Call her back. I don't know what your orders are here, but once you enter those doors, this is my base... Neither of you can stay here. I've got to get this information streamed and out, and destroy anything sensitive, and I can't do it with us in here."
    He's already moving quickly among the tables, flipping switchings and tapping holoscreens.
    Nas opens his mouth to reply to Mavra's question when there are three clatters.
    Three grates from the vents running along the ceiling, floors and the wall inexplicably become free from their fastenings.
    ["Oh crap"]
    Jauzhmynn aims at the ceiling with her blaster rifle, growling.
    "You don't have to translate that one."

Spoiler
    Show
    Mavra has initiative.

Seeing Mavra disappear, the red-head screams aloud.
    "Flood with fire!"
    The Chief throws himself to the floor, pulling at Haru and Marina to go down with him.
    "Crazy fool!"
    Blaster bolts dance around Amber as she makes her way to the counter.
    The ceiling indeed does have scaffoling and even grate covered vents she could hide in. But accessing them or even using the jetpack...
    She quickly has to stop thinking as blaster bolts manage to reach her.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10+4)[6] All for Amber
    (2d6+3)[9]
    (1d4+4)[7]
    (4d6)[22]
    (2d12+3)[13]

"Hey! We hit hit something!"
    "She's over there!"
    "Focus fire!"
    "Suppress the area!"

The women holding fire on the table they were sitting cease fire, and four of them stalk forward.
    One of them is a clone of Kirana.
    They have to be clones.
    "Are you lot going to give us trouble? Hands on your heads!"

Spoiler
    Show
    (3d6)[15] All for Amber
    (1d10+4)[11]
    (1d10+1)[6]
    (2d8-3)[3]

Besides, the quartermaster could just be paper-pushing REMF and would not know a defensible position if it bit him in a tender portion of his anatomy.
    He's a Trandoshan.
    What more need I say?
    They have a racial grudge with WOOKIES.

Jonas finds himself being introduce to a very fast moving boot.
    Sorath, her hair died green, slams her foot into the wall where his head had just been.
    She ducks under his blaster rifle, and punches him in the stomach.
    Wheezing, blood covers her lip.
    "Nice to meet you too."

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d6+4)[7]

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    That's 92 HPs up there. Custom weapons.

15. - Top - End - #1245

Chimera

Mavra's massive head shifts as she eyes the grate furthest from any place she can SEE explosive devices are stored and her sharp-toothed jaw drops in a vicious, predator grin. One hand drops from the forestock of her blaster cannon to pluck a thermal detonator from her hip, the fist-sized grenade looking small in her fist. She thumb-punches it and fastballs it overhand, hard at (hopefully into) the opened grate, bellowing. "DOWN! NOW!"

Spoiler
    Show

(Move action to grab it, then attacking an unattended, immobile object, I presume with a Refdef of 5+ size (If it's smaller than a TD, Mav ain't doing this, but I imagine the grates are big enough for, oh...CLONES))
    Mister Happy Grenade: (1d20+15)[35] (+1 if it's point blank)
    And his friend Mister Damage: (8d6)[29] (And ouch, into a presumably confined space.)

Did she just huck a grenade while standing in an armory? Damned right she did.

16. - Top - End - #1246

Chimera

Spoiler
    Show
    oh Snap Do I See A Natural Twenty?!

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ogre in the Playground

Jonas straitens up, pistol in hand and smiles. "Not very Lady like if you ask me" as he fires a blaster bolt dead on at her right eye.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (1d20+16)[25]
    Damage - (3d6+14)[24]

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Did she just huck a grenade while standing in an armory? Damned right she did.
    A small, dark Sith Lord part of me wanted to make your kill an ally just for kicks...
    XP
    You didn't even call out "friend or foe?"
    =P

Anyways good kill, you took out the leader.

The vents are made to withstand that kind of attack, and as Mavra's thermal detonator arcs straight into the hole, yet another Sorath cries out in surprise, and then is swiftly silenced in a deafening roar.
    [ARE YOU NUTS! THIS IS AN ARMORY!]
    "ARE YOU NUTS! THIS IS AN-Ooooof"
    Jauzhmynn's voice is cut off as Carga's ghost appears to descend from an unattended grate landing atop of her.
    Two more women, pull themselves out the grates, glaring at Mavra.

The green-haired Sorath tilts her head, letting the blaster bolt fly past, striking out with her fists and and feet again.
    Jonas can feel his teeth rattling in his head.
    Behind Sorath, Jonas can see that he managed to destroy the arc welder.
    Whoever is on the otherside of those blastdoors is safe.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d6+4)[7]
    (1d6+4)[8]

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    All those hit while I had total concealment versus them and my crazy high reflex defense O.o 92 damage o.O Whelp...I'm barely standing.
    'Flood with fire'.
    They saw you go invisible.

Am I able to dive for cover as a reaction to avoid those? If so I instantly gain total concealment a second time...this time from cover and digging in.
    Didn't I say she reached cove-No, I didn't...

Bleeding and hurting, Amber slides behind the counter. She finds bodies of two stormtroopers on server duty.
    Garroted.
    And a bandolier of thermals.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Wait damage threshold is jus what keeps you from moving down the track right? And why are there no attack rolls.... 29 is decent for a reflex score..

Cracking his neck Jonas says So you wanna dance eh? as he steps back and lets her have a wrist rocket to the face.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Posting via mobile media. Sheet isnt available. If you could roll the attack and damage from a Anti armor round (I feel like its 6d6 plus extras like point blank shot)

21. - Top - End - #1251

Chimera

[Heh, you got NOidea how crazy I am, tide-brother.] The female Herglic levels her blaster cannon at whichever of the two non-Cargas is furthest from anything obviously explosive/flammable.

Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't even call out "friend or foe?"
    =P
    Given the hostiles knocking at the door it seems a totally reasonable reaction. Allies would've said something before popping ONE grate. Three grates at once without even a 'heads up!' says 'Hi, we're a coordinated assault!' and Kast or anyone else could've just messaged her.

Anyway. :D

Declaring 'Unflinching' which takes effect at start of next round (probably will be used for Fort but that I can declare when it's used).

If either of them are clear enough of obvious 'Don't shoot this.' items, she WILL double-tap the one who seems furthest from Things Not To Shoot. If not...More later.
    (1d20+12)[23]
    (1d20+12)[25] Double Attack (Hvy)

Damage 1: (4d12+8)[28]
    Damage 2: (4d12+8)[43]
    Devastating Attack (Hvy): Treat targets damage threshold as 5 points lower
    Brutal Attack (Hvy): If attack exceeds target's damage threshold deals +1 die of damage

If neither of the new arrivals presents an available shooting target, she just slings her blaster cannon and tugs out her power maul, hefting it and giving them her best big, nasty smile. "C'mon, shrimp."

[We both get off this planet alive, maybe I'll look you up and show you just how crazy I can be.]

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    He's a Trandoshan.
    What more need I say?
    They have a racial grudge with WOOKIES.
    I am sure there is a compelling point in there somewhere, but I just cannot find it.

Also, for reference, Derec is waiting for orders, though if Zane does not post soon I am just going to start digging in here where the ammo is plentiful. A few claymores, maybe a flame cannon...

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Damage threshold in 30 words or less: Every time you take damage, you compare the damage to your DT. If the damage equals or exceeds the threshold, you take the damage and also move one step down the Condition Track.

Now, since I cannot for the life of me discern a pattern to all that rolling, I cannot say how many steps you lost, if any. But since it appears to have just been a frackload of smaller attacks at work, it is entirely possible that you are still at Normal.

Oh, and Thermal Detonators have a 4-square burst. Kinda disappointing for the Shadows of the Empire fans in the audience.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Nope, it is per hit or other source of damage. But 24 seems... low.

And they deal 8d6. Plus half your level and other modifiers, of course. Again, kinda lame compared to the one in Shadows...
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2011-11-02 at 01:00 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1255

Haru JK-3466 "WRAITH"

Spoiler
    Show
    I was already on the ground Total Conealment when Chief "pulled me down"...

any way:

2 Move actions to crawl over a few feet further away from Amber.
    Swift to mantain Total Concealment.

Stealth: (1d20+32)[48]

moving towards power generators, control boards, light switches, if any are seen. Ca you roll my perception for me, since I still can't see my sheet.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    29 is decent for a reflex score..
    Yeah, attack rolls for who though?

Posting via mobile media. Sheet isnt available. If you could roll the attack and damage from a Anti armor round (I feel like its 6d6 plus extras like point blank shot)
    Got it.

But way back in my first post upon their arrival I dove behind the counter to have cover and concealment from them. I was behind there hiding.
    But they saw Amber...
    ...they'd been sitting there watching her...

In fact the reason I cloaked was because they knew my location but couldn't see me. I figured I'd cloak then move then ambush them? Anyways, I'll go with it for now. Bit confused...
    ...and if they'd seen her dive for cover, they would have opened fire then...

Are Chief and Marina out of range?
    Yes.

I was already on the ground Total Conealment when Chief "pulled me down"...
    Whoops.

But no. They've been watching and have seen Haru.
    And once they see that he's trying to move and activating stealth, they'll shoot...

I don't have my books on me at the moment, but are you guys sure you wanna do this?
    These aren't 1 CR mooks...

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Post removed.
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2011-11-03 at 01:14 PM.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

28. - Top - End - #1258

Spoiler
    Show
    No, since I wasn't aware that the Total Concealment hadn't worked.

He stays on the ground, readying a move action to move away from the detonator if it isn't switched off.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok...but my point is...let me quote WHEN I moved for cover >.> Cause nobody had weapons drawn at that time.

Emphasis added via bolding. Anyways, I'm going with it, just point out my intentions so it doesn't look like I stupidly cloaked right in front of everyone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    "Traitors!" She called out to warn her allies. Reacting quickly, Amber dives over the bar area to use the place where drinks were made as cover. She trusted Chief and Marina would do the same. She wanted to grab another copy of that blaster, but at the moment she was in trouble. Where had Carga come from? She was dead.

"Clones." She yelled out, "It has to be clones. I know for a fact two of those people are dead." She said as she poked her head out and aimed a shot at Carga.

Sure enough the sounds over the intercom were making it clear. More traitors were here. Dead traitors were here.

"Frak you." She mumbles to Carga as she aims and fires. Right now they'd have to get rid of some traitors then get out of the base. "Well Marina, Chief, ready to blast our way out of here?" She ask.

Spoiler
    Show

Shoot that little bitch Carga :P
    Attack: [roll0] <-double blah blah (crap...)
    Damage: [roll1]

As for sure I want to do this. I'll wait and see. I just said how I currently am. Laying wounded, holding a thermal detonator, and waiting for the four headed my way to get close. Between Marina's explosion and mine I might be able to be all heroic and **** Final giant explosive distraction so that my partners can go on! :P
    Last edited by Major; 2011-11-02 at 02:26 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Emphasis added via bolding. Anyways, I'm going with it, just point out my intentions so it doesn't look like I stupidly cloaked right in front of everyone.
    Nah, that's too big a misreading on my part...
    I think we need a retcon.
    Because if Amber had been diving for cover, they would have opened fire on her right then, with intent to kill...

Are you TheSnark and distant quasar okay with that?