New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Star Wars - Durasteel

Okay, I think everybody's been moved to where they're supposed to be...

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Tambor shifts from cover to cover as stealthily as possible, dropping prone and taking a shot at a traitor

Spoiler
    Show

Move Action: Move to Cover as indicated by orange line
    Stealth:
    (1d20+25)[38]
    Swift Action: Drop Prone
    Standard Action:
    Shoot trooper as indicated by red line
    To Hit: (1d20+16)[30]
    Damage(3d10+6)[11]
    Possible effects: Dastardly Strike, Devastating Attack, Keen Shot, Precise Shot, Point Blank Shot
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by crowe; 2011-04-29 at 09:47 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Tambor's aim is true, hitting the traitor in the side of the helmet, forcing him back into cover.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Nodding to himself, Hask ducks down and flips a switch on the side of his rocket launcher, changing a glowing display to read HEAT. Standing up again, he bellows "FIRE IN THE HOLE!" and launches his third rocket.

Spoiler
    Show

Rocket ignores cover.
    +1 attack due to Comrades in Arms.
    +1 attack, +1 damage due to Point Blank Shot.
    Gain concealment against my targets thanks to Flash and Clear.
    Heat-seeking setting on my PLX-2M grants my enemies a -2 to their Reflex Defense against it.
    (1d20+15)[19]
    (8d6+12)[34]

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The rocket explodes with unerring lethality.
    The explosions sends the traitor's flying through the air in flames. Bouncing on the rubble they land, and remain still.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Ryer says something filthy in Cheun and fires his flechette launcher at the Sith's feet before running deeper into the building.

{'242} "We've got a Sith in here! Help!" {Fireteam4}
    Spoiler
    Show

Standard:
    Attack with Flechette: (1d20+11)[12]
    Damage: (3d8+6)[16]

Move:
    I move deeper into the building around the long line of light grey blocks.

It's just not my day is it? First cornered by a Sith then I roll a nat 1.
    Last edited by Shyftir; 2011-04-29 at 12:21 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    It's just not my day is it? First cornered by a Sith then I roll a nat 1.
    It gets worse.

The shreds of metal spark and bounce along the floor at the Sith's feet, and he uses his lightsaber top ward off a few strays.
    As Ryer stands, the trooper with his weapon trained on the door swings to his right to fire.
    Dodging as he runs, the Chiss sees Kede quickly drawing her own weapon, before being struck in the chest by the bolts meant for him.
    The Joker leans onto a crate for support, pointing her pistol at the Sith, but the trooper behind her sends a pair of blaster bolts into her helmet.
    Sagging, JK-7225, Keda Starroy falls to the floor.

{{'225}-fzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt-{Fireteam Four}}
    {{'601}We're coming! What's with that feedback!?!?!!?{Fireteam Four}}

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Derec broke off firing and into a run towards the building, waiting for the explosion-which came from the wrong. {{'296} Damnit, Boomer.{FT4}}

Spoiler
    Show
    You did not move me, but that is okay because I figured my move from where I was last turn anyway.

Move to shaded square.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

You did not move me, but that is okay because I figured my move from where I was last turn anyway.
    Your map is outdated...

Anyways, who's got actions left?
    Tambor needs to be moved too...
    Leaving Marina for actions.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I've got to admit, I'm REALLY confused by the whole comms format people have going on. Did I miss the post where it was decreed/standardized that we would communicate with it? How do I tell which messages I'm able to hear?

11. - Top - End - #161

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheOasysMaster View Post
    Your map is outdated...

Anyways, who's got actions left?
    Tambor needs to be moved too...
    Leaving Marina for actions.
    I moved before I took my shot, I should be prone, by the corner of the debris across from where I was, as I indicated on the map mark-up when I took my shot.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I've got to admit, I'm REALLY confused by the whole comms format people have going on. Did I miss the post where it was decreed/standardized that we would communicate with it? How do I tell which messages I'm able to hear?
    Hmmmm...
    Place speech in "Quotatios".
    Indicate Comm. speech {In these things{As well as the target, such as Fireteam 4}}
    Remember, short range comm links only reach up to low orbit, while long range can hit high orbit.
    Jauzhmynn's equipment includes several long-range comlinks built into her helmet, armor, wrist and backpack for redundancy and ease of use. She also adds an extra layer of encryption. She poses video and holocapability and possesses a pocket scrambler, vox-box and a code cylinder.
    Sorry...
    Anyways, the way it works is it allows multiple forms of communication to take place...
    1 to 1, 1 to many, many to 1.

{{FROM or SOURCE or sender} Message {TO or TARGET or receiver}}

Ex:
    {{'296} Damnit, Boomer.{FT4}}
    So, from Derec to all of Fireteam 4.

Phew!

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Marina JK-7227 - Firecracker

At the sergeant's order and Ryer's call for help, Marina turns and sprints for the building, heedless of the remaining scattered enemies. A flash and roar behind her announces another of Boomer's rockets going off, but no hole appears. Fine; she'll make her own if he doesn't get around to it by the time she reaches the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    Running towards the door in the southern building. If possible, she'll end up right in front of the space labeled Door, preferably on the left side.

Not sure if Jack will be following- he delayed his action til after Boomer rather than readying, so he still could do something, but he might want to stay out of the blast radius for next round. (Marina has Evasion, and therefore has no such concerns.)
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

[Star Wars - Saga Edition] Star Wars - Durasteel
    ^PC Statuses can be found here, as well as an up-to-date Roster.
    Also, I took all your backgrounds and descriptions, and synced them into a Fireteam 4: Origins kind of thing...

I'm gonna go eat, then take the NPC actions...

Not sure if Jack will be following- he delayed his action til after Boomer rather than readying, so he still could do something, but he might want to stay out of the blast radius for next round. (Marina has Evasion, and therefore has no such concerns.)
    I'm thinking you're right. The "Chief" is waiting for something...
    But then again, so am I, and I've waited long enough...

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Nice...

However in the Tome of horrors status section, you really should post a brief description of what the hell has happened so far. Make it almost story like. (Well, all RPing is, is telling a story with some one else. But I meant in a more formal way for others to understand whats going on. It IS confusing at times.)

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    However in the Tome of horrors status section, you really should post a brief description of what the hell has happened so far. Make it almost story like. (Well, all RPing is, is telling a story with some one else. But I meant in a more formal way for others to understand whats going on. It IS confusing at times.
    Sounds good. FInish the encounter though.
    By the way, Quin can take an action...

Looking up, Juazhymnn curses as four thermal detonators fly through the broken windows of the second floor window...
    Landing amongst the Joker's, there is a noticeable pause before the detonators go off...
    Splitting in different directions, the Jokers turn and leap away, to let their armor's tougher areas avoid the brunt of the explosions.
    Marina's own dexterity and agility carry her well out of the range of the explosive...
    Soonto and Derec and Jauzhmynn manage to make some distance, but not enough to totally evade the blasts...

Spoiler
    Show

Marina's Evasion feat allowed her to take no damage.
    (8d6)[25] Soonto takes Damage
    (8d6)[32] Soonto takes Damage
    (8d6)[35] Soonto takes Damage
    -46 HPs in total...
    (8d6)[21] Derec takes Damage
    (8d6)[30] Derec takes Damage
    (8d6)[29] Derec takes Damage
    -40HPs in total...

And this in turn is reduced by 50%...

Tambor can now see movement of troopers with that second floor again. Two of these shapes, armed with heavy blasters open fire at him, but the blaster bolts are merely wasted, taken in by the permacrete cover.
    {{'601}We just got played...{Fireteam 4}}
    Aiming her weapon, Jauhzmynn shakes a little as she fires into one of the traitors, but he falls from the window with a short scream as her blaster bolt burns its way through his chest.
    Inside the building, the Sith moves faster than Ryer would have thought possible, hurling his light saber at the Chiss...
    Ducking before the the weapon leaves the Twi'lek's broken and twisted hand, Ryer is still just a little too slow, and the blade slashes across his chest and continues behind him.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d8+12)[15] Damage to Ryer.
    (1d20+9)[14] Ryer's Initiative Roll
    (1d20+17)[21] Other Joker's Initiative Roll
    Hey, what to you know? I won Initiative this time!

17. - Top - End - #167

OrcBarbarianGuy

Two can play that game Tambor murmurs at the traitors tossing grenades off the second floor.

Tambor takes aim at the second floor and lets loose with a micro-grenade through the window.

Spoiler
    Show

Swift Action: Aim (Bipod reduces aim to 1 swift)
    Standard Action: Fire Slinker Micro-Frag Grenade through the window about two squares into the building
    TO HIT: (1d20+16)[35]
    Slinkers ignore partial cover, Grenades ignore Dex, Keen Shot Ignores Concealment, Point Blank and Precise are applicable.
    DAMAGE: (6d6+4)[20] (Force Point Spent on Damage)
    I am not sure if Dastardly Strike, Debilitating Strike, and Hunter's Mark Apply, as it is both a aimed ranged and area attack, if so, I should have been a grenadier, that's sick

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Seeing the explosion, Jonas turns to see what has happened, turning his back on two armed troopers and an angry, wounded one.
    And a rather annoyed Sith.
    A lightsaber whirls through the air, striking the Joker in the middle as it streaks back.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+12)[29] Damage to Jonas.

Luckily, it doesn't appear to have any effect on his jet pack. But still...
    Tt hurt!
    Inside the building, the traitor who killed Keda laughs in his helmet, and swings his rifle at the back of Ryer's head.
    The Chiss easily forsaw this kind of tactic and ducks underneath the clean swing.
    Snarling, the Sith leaps across the crates and holds up his hand in an sadly familiar gesture.
    As Ryer waits for his windpipe to close, and to be lifted off the ground, kicking and struggling...
    Krk! Snpt! Krk!
    The traitor's rifle clatters to the floor as his gloved hands reach for his throat, his boots scraping feebly on the tiles.
    Yellow eyes boring through the tinted lenses of Ryer's helmet, the Joker can almost imagine the Sith is staring into his own red ones.
    Licking his lips, the Twi'lek grins, "You're aaaaaaaall mine, plastic boy!"
    Screaming at Hask, having killed his friends, the lone, remaining heavy trooper levels his own explosive rocket launcher at the crowded together Jokers.
    -click-
    Cursing obscenities, the trooper tosses aside the traitoous weapons and pulls a rifle of his back, taking a wild series of shots that come nowhere near any Joker, and instead do a good job of decorating the shuttle with burn marks.
    Only one trooper is fast enough to take advantage of Jonas' lapse in attention, but his shots fly wide and far of the Joker...

Spoiler
    Show
    Two can play that game Tambor murmurs at the traitors tossing grenades off the second floor.

Tambor takes aim at the second floor and lets loose with a micro-grenade through the window.
    I got ninja'd...

Ryer hears an explosion above him, shockingly close.
    Outside, screams of shock and pain follow the bodies of two traitors falling out of the building after the fellow Jauzhmynn killed.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

{{'233}Firecracker, since boomer seems to have some difficulty understanding what a "hole" means, you go ahead and blow the doors open. Raven and Boomer, be ready to move as soon as firecracker is done{FT4}}

Spoiler
    Show
    Take no action yet. TO be perfectly clear about my plan, first marina will make a hole, then all the Jokers who are not yet at the building will run down there.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for the awesome Warforged Artificer Avatar.

The Engineer: a master of mechanical, uh, mastery. Robots and stuff.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Marina JK-7227 - Firecracker

{{'227}Roger that, Chief. Ryer, Keda, get clear of the door if you can.{FT4}} Marina pulls a grenade from her belt (not one the cheap shrapnel things the regs get, one of the good ones), arms it, and rolls it towards the door, then dives around the corner of the building so as not to get herself killed when it goes off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Point-blank concussion grenade attack! Marina will fight defensively, so as to reduce the chances that she hurts herself; -5 to attacks and +5 Reflex Defense for the rest of the round. No actual movement this round; that's just fluff to explain why she isn't, you know, dead.

Attack: (1d20+11)[29]
    (8d6+7)[31] damage to the doors and walls in a 2-meter radius, centered right where Marina is standing.

I love that my character can actually get away with this kind of thing.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Wait a minute.

Is the a window on the north side on the second floor?

If so, maybe Viper could enter through there, blow a hole in the floor/ceiling, and flank them from the skies.

22. - Top - End - #172

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    There are indeed windows on the second floor, it has been steadily raining dead traitors for two rounds out of them. Presumably, there are at least two more traitors up there. Originally, we spotted a team of four, I wounded one which was pulled inside, and Elf popped one in the head for first confirmed kill. Last map update said "at least 4 up here". Jauzhmynn pasted one after they threw the grenades, and I got two with my grenade, so I am assuming at least one more and the one I damaged.

23. - Top - End - #173

OrcBarbarianGuy

I will be of limited availability over the weekend, I have to attend an out of town wake. Please don't let me hold up the action, Tambor will remain outside the building if possible, providing perimeter security and shooting any targets of opportunity, he has a pretty good field of fire where he is at. Of course, if he receives too much fire, he will displace to a new location.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Bugbear in the Playground

Soonto JK-7311 - Lion

Injured but with plenty of fight left in him. Lion prepares to move in with the others in deadly flanking action, heading to the other side of the room to the others when the doors are removed.

Spoiler
    Show

two swift actions to recover 1, condition, and move toward recovering from the next.

One move action to move into the room.

Once again, I'll be out for 24 hours or so, sorry about this, I'm doing a training course, it won't happen often.

Next actions will be search and destroy against the Sith.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Dam it. 29 was enough to move me down to -1 on the track.... This sucks.

Oh just wanted to remind everyone that I can take a free attack whenever anyone in my LoS rolls a nat one.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spending two swift to recover(2/2)(shake it off), and moving to the top of the building.

Jonas winces at the pain and sets down quickly on the roof, hoping to avoid further fire. He takes several deep breaths and the pain subsides.
    Last edited by Elfstone; 2011-04-30 at 06:47 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I love that my character can actually get away with this kind of thing.
    Hmmmmph.

Upcoming vacation notice: I will be away from May 5th to May 10th.
    Thanks for the heads-up...

Is the a window on the north side on the second floor?
    Yes, its a whole series of windows...
    All blown out now.

I will be of limited availability over the weekend, I have to attend an out of town wake. Please don't let me hold up the action, Tambor will remain outside the building if possible, providing perimeter security and shooting any targets of opportunity, he has a pretty good field of fire where he is at. Of course, if he receives too much fire, he will displace to a new location.
    Roger roger.

Once again, I'll be out for 24 hours or so, sorry about this, I'm doing a training course, it won't happen often.
    No problem...

Well, officially, HarryTheHeretic is a "deadbeat"...
    ...as discussed, a new character and player shall replace him...
    JK-7274, "Haywire", Danguard Troy by OperationTREX

Tambor settles in, sighting for death, he keeps an eye out for any of the traitors dumb enough to break cover...
    As he shrugs off any injury done by the detonators, the Joker moves out of range of Marina's grenades, and prepares to breach.
    The Joker's don't hear the grenade go off-the filters in their helmets mute it out completely.
    With fantastic force, the concussion grenade leaves the doors and the surrounding transparisteel buckled and twisted, giving a glimpse into the room beyond.

{{'601}We're gonna need 'nother one... Keda! Ryer! Stay back! We're coming in...{Fireteam 4}}
    Within the building, Ryer hears the trooper with the rocket launcher mutter, "Here they come..."
    Tambor notices the heavy trooper advancing toward the Joker's taking cover in the furrow.
    Firing quickly, the Joker drops the traitor onto the ground.
    Headshot.

5 Standard Minutes before Admiral James Tiberius' speech on the Initiative.
    Stalking through munitions depot alone, Danguard maintains silence as makes her way away from the Sith Terminator. Usually, the Cathar would have no problem going toe-to-toe with the nightmares, no matter how bad the odds, but with an in-bound TIE fighter strike, she should really be elsewhere.
    A member of the 433rd, 2nd Company, and part of "Imperator Squad", Danguard's unit had split up, each trooper hunting traitors alone in the weapons complex.
    Having been previously, stripped of anything of value, the entire environment is just empty spaces...
    Other units are fighting here too, but blasters are of limited use here in such closed spaces, and so, almost without agreement, enemies and friends alike have been resorting to melee combat.
    Most of them.
    The concussion grenade in the opposite room takes Danguard by surprise, sending a trooper, traitor or friend unknown, flying in front of her with rubble and metal to form a decent burial mound.
    "Haywire!"
    Emerging from the hole, a heavy blaster in both hands, Danguard's Sergeant, a Chiss named Don Varkin, signals a greeting to her.
    "You've got a caller."
    He holds up a mini holo-projector, and an Imperial officer in full battle armor appears.
    Taking off her helmet, the 30 centimeter tall projection doesn't hide a stern and serious, but beautiful face...
    "I'm Major Darna Vayle; trooper, you've just been assigned to Fireteam 4 of Joker Squadron-your kills of Sith have put you on the list."
    Don shakes his head, "I thought the Jokers were on Geonosis-at full strength after reorganization?"
    "Not for long..."

6 minutes later, Danguard is moving through the streets of Mandalore with a squad of Galactic Alliance soldiers. When they're ambushed by traitors, Danguard and Marin, the GA squad's slicer and an amateur demolitionist take shelter inside a building...
    The crash of the shuttle startles the two a great deal, and the sounds of the battle outside make them ever more wary and Marin moves toward his own make-shift, booby-trapped entrance...
    "Something's going on out there..."

{{True to the End via '601}No troops are in the immediate area to respond; but my knowledge of the Force tell me there are atleast THREE potential allies near enough to aid you...{FT4}}

High on the roof, as he takes a deep breath, Jonas notices yet another Sith with him on the roof. A large mask covers its face, making gender and species impossible to tell.
    Holding up two hands, the Sith stands from its crouching position, and begins to back away toward the western edge of the roof, its black robes billowing in the wind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, that may be hard to understand so...
    • Tambor got another kill
    • The doors are severly weakened... But no 'hole'...
    • "Haywire" and Marin, a GA trooper, are in the building that Fireteam 4 hit...
    • "Viper" has found himself another Sith.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Hask stands up and sights on the heavy trooper to the northwest. Grinning under his helmet, the burly Trandoshan lets his last rocket fly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rocket ignores cover.
    +1 attack due to Comrades in Arms.
    +1 attack, +1 damage due to Point Blank Shot.
    Gain concealment against my targets thanks to Flash and Clear.
    Heat-seeking setting on my PLX-2M grants my enemies a -2 to their Reflex Defense against it.
    (1d20+15)[17]
    (8d6+13)[49]
    Last edited by Tyrael; 2011-04-30 at 02:19 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I am assuming Derec goes before Soonto, which I am guessing WoL will not have much problem with.

Seeing Hask blow up the worng thing again, Derec took action. With a single move, jammed one of his smoking carbines into its holster, then pulled a grenade from his webbing as his hand raised to a throwing positon. {{'296} Copy that. CONCUSSION OUT!{FT4}} he warned, getting a few steps run-up and then hurling the bomb against the door with a mighty crash. Out of the shockwave radius, and protected from shrapnel and spall by armor, he kept charging through the smoke and into the building. The glow and distinctive hum of the Sith's lightsaber marked him pretty readily even in the smoke and haze, and it was there that Derec fired a burst of blaster bolts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free: Holster riot gun.
    Free: Draw concussion grenade (spring-loaded grenades-great for parties!).
    Standard: Throw grenade at door. For Marina's benefit, throwing defensively.
    Throw - (1d20+11)[29]
    Damage - (8d6+7)[35]
    Move: Into the building, ideally into cover.
    Swift: Stymie the Sith, inflicting -5 to UtF checks until start of my next turn.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

{'233}Roger that{True to the End}

Jack quickly fired up his jetpack, flying in a curved line towards the second-floor windows. As he flew, he fired a single shot towards the traitors on the second floor.

{'233}Keep moving everyone, focus fire on the sith. Viper, status on the roof?{FT4}

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action: Activate jetpack.
    Move Action: fly to height of second floor(not sure how high it is) then straight towards it(southwest) with remaining move
    Standard action: Charge towards the second floor, end charge with single attack(using charging fire) towards nearest hostile on second floor.
    Not sure what the range will be, so you'll have to subtract that penalty yourself.
    (1d20+11)[14]

edit: you have got to be frigging kidding me.

Also, i took a look at the new guy's sheet, and i think you got the Defense bonuses wrong. You take the highest of all your classes' defense bonuses and use that, you don't add them. Though i may be wrong.
    Last edited by AyeGill; 2011-04-30 at 03:29 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    No your certainly right about highest. No adding.

Free:Talk on teh comm
    {{'243}"Got another Sith here. Just be a minute, help Ryer"{FT4}}

{{'243}"Copy that"{True to the End}}

{{'243}"Sith in the building. Support and assistance requested, unidentified troopers"{All in building}}
    (I can adjust range right?)