New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Xenogears

1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Xenogears

Am I the only one who HATES the part where you have to platform jump up a set of sewer pipes? As a reminder, its during the time when your guy gets captured and you are forced to fight in gladiatorial games with your mecha, and in between rounds you are trying to solve a mystery of some killer creature thats in the sewers. I actually stopped playing the game for over a year because of that. I could not make it up those damn pipes! The camera angle is all screwed up, if you dont land squarely on them you can slip off the edges, and if you miss the last leap, enjoy starting over from the beginning.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: Xenogears

I always shut it off when the ship is filling with sand and you have to escape. I felt the camera was against me, and only got past there once, only to ask "Why is the guy who captured me three minuets ago, threatening me and whatnot, giving me all my gear back and letting me lead him out of hostile territory?"

I get it, it's a nerd classic, it's just that when you hit a rough spot, you hit it face first at full speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    You are my favorite kind of villain.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Yeah, I have dealt with the escape or die features in several rpgs, so I wasnt oo badly bothered by it, it was just the sudden jarring bit of turning my rpg into a platform jumper that hit me harshly. It felt like I was all of a sudden playing ghosts and goblins for the nintendo, and i HATED that game!
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

I hate the stupid card game...

It's just random button mashing and the AI is cheap. Winnable of course, but strategy is nil. I think they were trying to replicate "spit", if anyone remembers that game.

Replaying Xenogears right now actually, got it off the PSN last week. Up to the part where we got the Ygridrassil II... got everyone's level 6 deathblows already. Kickin butt, good times.
    High order of The Marshmallow

Ellipsis Abuser...