New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Blades Of Keran: Sanguine Interests (IC)

Ek'ala stands up, inspecting his handiwork. He then grabs a piece of chalk out of his belt pouch, and casts a quick spell on his, causing it to light up. Before heading down, he shouts out "Hallo down there! I don't want to hurt you, but I am afraid I must turn you in for thievery!" He then descends into the basement, with his right hand holding the chalk over his shoulder ready to draw his spear, and his left hand in his spell pouch.
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Thread won! I don't think I have the authority to do that but whatever

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

"Jaccob take him..." Martin turns around like a cornered bear. "Well then. Care to help me break down a door? Or can you magic it open?" he says to the Sarli. Thinking back, he tries to remember the bluish metal from his training in North Karma. "Anyway, it seems like we might be here a while. My name's Martin, and I'm sorry I got you into this." He holds out his hand to the child.

Spoiler
    Show
    Know(religion) check: (1d20+2)[3]
    Last edited by Wyntonian; 2011-05-23 at 07:28 PM.
    Guess who's good at avatars? Thormag. That's who.

A Campaign Setting more than a year in the making, Patria!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

Martin"I can't cast. The collar hurts."
    Martin remember that the metal was something called Dead Metal used by Paladins. But couldn't remember why it was so special.

Ek'ala
    You see the little girl. She is holding the bottle of Crows blood in her left hand. Behind her was a Wine Rack filled with Crows Blood.
    "No master told me to. It not stealing if master tells me to."
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

4. - Top - End - #94

"Oh, really? Tell me who is your master is and I may be able to help you out little girl." Ek'ala claims grandly. 'it must be the work of dark dragons' he thinks, wondering what vile things they have done to this girl. Hopefully he can get to the bottom of this evil!
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

5. - Top - End - #95

"The Master is the Master of Bones. He comands magic and helps his people with it. "
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96

"Must be a servant of Jaccob. Next most evil thing after Tiamas. Ahem. Take me to your Master!" Ek'ala entreated, after glancing back to see if Feron had followed him.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Martin reaches under his armor and pulls out a small steel whistle. "Here you go, kid. Blow on this, hard as you can. Let's see if we can get someone to hear us."
    In the meantime, Martin picks up the largest crate he can easily manage and start trying to ram the door down. "It's pricks like this that make me glad I gave up on pacifism."

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength Check: (1d20+2)[10] I think I might get a circumstance bonus for having a sorta-ram, but it's up to you. If this doesn't work, I might take twenty with this.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground

Feron had indeed followed Ek'ala down into the cellar, until now he had been quiet, but this mention of a master piqued his curiosity. "Why isn't it stealing when your master tells you to?" Feron asked, the strangeness of his question hitting even him.
    Last edited by Daravon_35; 2011-05-23 at 11:05 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99

With Martin
    The Sarli blows on the whistle as hard as he can. It creates a loud high pitched Noise which goes on for about 10 seconds. He then stops and begins panting heavily.

As you ram the door you hear a loud thud and creaking noise. You think you have weakened the door's frame significantly.

With the Sarli Girl

"Its not stealing because Master owns this village. But most people as scared of him. And Master not evil. He is a good man. He gives me and my brothers food and shelter."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100

Tytharas was curious to know about the noises in the cellar and what was going on.

Tytharas shouts: "What is going on down there? There aren't any problems is there?"

11. - Top - End - #101

Ek'ala looks worried at the news that the one behind it all has power over a large part of the village. He asks the Sarli girl "do you want to come with us? I promise it will be safe and you won't have to do anything that may get you into trouble. However, if you really want to stay with your master, I don't want to force you into doing something you don't want to do." Ek'ala, knowing that the evil person running this scheme may be more powerful than he thought, decides that the hour is too late for further investigations, and as such plans on returning to the inn, with or without the Sarli.

12. - Top - End - #102

"Stay with master? He isn't here. How can I stay with a person that isn't here? But I'll follow, on one condition. I want to see Master."
    All the while saying those words she was smiling happily as if she had swindled you into doing her wishes.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103

Feron paused for a moment. "A question first, before we go, my young lady. If this Master is not here, is he not owner of this house? Does he live else where? And how does one man control the entire village?"

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Martin continues to batter and ram the frame of the door, wishing someone would hear him or the whistle. "Now would be a hell of a time for that one drunk to wake up..." He mutters under his breath.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength Check: (1d20+2)[16] Again, bonus for the ram?
    Last edited by Wyntonian; 2011-05-24 at 09:00 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105

Ek'ala is momentarily surprised at the little one's apparent cunning, but then he remembers that its a Sarli, and intrigue is in their blood. Ek'ala accepts the sarli's offer, and heads out of the cellar and back to the inn, watching the little cat-girl for any sign that she wants to go in a certain direction. While they are walking, he asks the girl "So, does your master work with anyone besides you and your fellow young sarli?"

16. - Top - End - #106

Hoping the Sarli would answer his question on the way to the inn, Feron followed.

17. - Top - End - #107

THUMP. THUMP. THUMP. Twm couldn't take much more of the pounding on the door- it was as if it was in time with the thumping he felt was being exercised on his brain. His perfectly feverish nightmare had been ruined, and he was going to learn of the cause of it.

Images of the laughing beaver god, as well as his head, spun as the giant-like Twm arose. His stomach considered adding a second layer of finish to the filthy pub's wooden floor, but the "decor" never passed his lips.

Upon waking, he hears the terrible screeching of a whistle come into focus, and covers his ears, walking to the source of the racket. Some fuzzy figure seems to be breaking down a door with some difficulty, so he quickly takes the most natural course of action.

"Th' hell's goin' on 'ere, lad? Oi'm cheesed off a' all this bloody racket. An' look, tha's not 'ow you smash down a door, this iz 'ow you do it!"

Pulling out his heavy flail, Twm brings it to bear against the sturdy door.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (1d20+2)[21]
    Damage: (1d10+2)[12]

Playground in the Playground

18. - Top - End - #108

Martin & Twm
    Just as you pull back after ramming the door (Which is now significantly weaker and appears it would snap at any moment) a flail burst out from the centre of it which inseconds is pulled out causing the whole door and its frame to collaspe.

Everyelse in the Inn was shocked and scared. And the Bartender hid behind the Bar afraid of not only had destroyed the door but what he locked behind it.

Feron, Tytharas, & Ek'ala
    On the way back the Sarli answered your questions
    "Master lives in a castle away from the village. Which he owns because he is the count. This is part of his land. But people here are scared of him so he sent me and my brothers."
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109

"There," Twm boasts, dusting off his hands and returning to his stool, "'at's 'ow we does it. Barkeep, you look absolutely livid; anyone ever tell you that?"

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Martin stands between the end of the bar and the door, projecting his voice so the whole tavern can hear. "This man just attempted to sell an innocent child into slavery, and myself too for trying to stop him. Does anyone here have a single reason, however small, to keep me from beating the living hell out of him? Or shall I send him to the police? I'm leaning towards both, but I'm open to suggestions." He begins to smile menacingly, and without a hint of humor. Over his shoulder to the staggering drunk "Your thoughts?"
    Last edited by Wyntonian; 2011-05-24 at 05:39 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111

Ek'ala finally makes it back to the inn. He is stunned by the carnage before him. "What in the name of the nameless Primordials is going on here. I left ten minutes ago, and things were stable. What did you do to the door?" Ek'ala thunders. His anger at the sudden destruction of his perfectly laid idea of the town has made him extremely mad. "Martin, the local authority cannot be trusted either. He made these children steal for him"
    Last edited by Omeganaut; 2011-05-24 at 06:00 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112

Twm spins on his stool a little bit as he attempts to think in his current state. It doesn't take. "I 'unno wot you're on about, bu' it's got th' sound o' violence to it. Oi is too bladdered t'a say much 'a anythin'... Oi dunno why anyone'd do porridge fer' slavin', but he seems lik' a right tosser, an' you should giv' 'im wot for."

He finishes by falling off the stool again and taking his stomach's previous suggestion to make pavement pizza indoors.
    Last edited by Just_Ice; 2011-05-24 at 06:05 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Martin shows surprise about the local authorities, if not the drunk's fall. "Well then, I can't exactly kill him in cold blood. What shall we do with him?" A mischievous grin appears on his face. "Aside from simply beating him into oblivion, that is."

24. - Top - End - #114

"Yeh," the floored man agrees, "'ats step one, alroight. Then we'll stick 'im in on' o' those bleedin' caskets in th' back! Me 'n th' boys back 'ome used t'a do it all th' toime. Poke an ikkle 'ole innit fer' air an' bob's yer uncle. It'll be brilliant."

Grabbing the counter, he manages to steady himself at last, and looks around the table.

"Oy, where's my pint? Oi just left it 'ere... who knicked it? Fess up, you blitherin' ********s."
    Last edited by Just_Ice; 2011-05-24 at 06:37 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sounds like a plan. Anyone against it?" Martin looks to Ek'ala for a response. "Remember, he was willing to sell an innocent child into slavery. Anything we can do is nothing compared to what that child would have had to go through."

26. - Top - End - #116

Feron stayed quiet upon reaching the inn with Ek'ala and Tytharas. Everything was getting more interesting by the minute, the excitement filled him, he smiled for a moment and then he frowned, realizing it looked like he wouldn't be getting his free meal and room after all. Shaking it off he still decided to remain silent. He didn't particularly care what happened to the barkeep at this point, slavery wasn't worth a free night and a full stomach and it also seemed like the others had it under control. Feron was content just to watch and examine, a small smile on his face.

27. - Top - End - #117

Ek'ala looks thoughtful for a second, then nods affirmatively "Locking him up somewhere seems like our best option. However, lets not be inhumane about it. Even slavers deserve some rights. Now, how can we make sure he's watched properly? I don't know anyone well enough to trust them, and who knows who is working for this Bone Master fellow. And what about the Sarli?" Ek'ala tells everyone involved. He starts thinking about how nice one of the beds upstairs would feel.
    Last edited by Omeganaut; 2011-05-24 at 08:41 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Martin looks back at the shattered door. "I suppose we can't use that room anymore... Couldn't we nail him in a crate for a couple days? He'd make it out eventually, probably. Maybe. Or...." His eyes light up for a moment. "How do you think this Bone Master fellow might feel if he knew this ol' chap tried to sell one of his kids off? Something tells me we might not be too happy, and anyone who has child slaves doesn't sound like the forgiving type. I say we use this guy"-He kicks towards the bartender, narrowly missing him-"As a peace offering, and learn whatever we can while we there. We can decide what to do next after that."

29. - Top - End - #119

"I'll take you to master. Cyi whats that collar?"

"Dekka. Its a painful collar."
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120

"I don't know. Dealing with evil generally results in more evil. But I'm a little tired to argue the point. Lock him in one of the rooms, and maybe see about some well-deserved sleep." Ek'ala announces, his earlier exuberance fading.