New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233

Thread: Bibliography IV

1. - Top - End - #961
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Bibliography IV

Quote Originally Posted by Elagune View Post
    If you guys have any questions about anything Bibliography related, from future plots to anything miscellaneous, please go ahead and ask. I've already answered a lot of questions from Silverraptor.
    Yeah, we had several lengthy discussions. Anyways, haven't had any success in finding out about what we discussed, but I won't give up. I'll find a way, because there has to be a way!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

2. - Top - End - #962
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just piping in to say, even though I enjoy your newest work aswell, I really really liked this one. It was fun to read and all the characters seemed somewhat interesting.
    If you ever decide to do a reboot after being more experienced, I will read it.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tono View Post
    Just piping in to say, even though I enjoy your newest work aswell, I really really liked this one. It was fun to read and all the characters seemed somewhat interesting.
    If you ever decide to do a reboot after being more experienced, I will read it.
    He will reboot it, he just wants to give it more thought first.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

4. - Top - End - #964
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm fine with waiting till you restart it. I think I speak for most of your fans when I say that you wont get rid of us easily.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

5. - Top - End - #965

Planetar

I know this must feel like a sucker-punch. I hate betraying my fans' expectations. Bibliography was my first comic that I got more than 10 pages out of, and I'm really happy about that. I made a lot of mistakes during the course of it, but that's just part of the learning experience, and I'm taking these lessons to heart as I continue to work on more and more comics.
    So... I'm not sure, but when you get the legal snarls detangled, do you plan to continue or not? I couldn't tell from your post. I mean, I'll be ok with whatever it is you do, of course. I'm just not clear on the path, is all.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #966

OK, what is gotta be done, is gotta be done. Here we'll be waiting for your Bibliography 2.0, but Thaumaturge is looking pretty good.
    The abilities of the Force: Control, Alter, Delete.
    Zombie Apocalypse if and only if Cake.
    My Little Dashie made me cry.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

Like a Phoenix the beauty of Bibliography crumbles to ash in order to make way for the new beauty and potential of Thaumaturge. We mourn for the loss of this webcomic but content ourselves in the knowledge that it's death allows something else of value to come into this world.

Wow..that sounded really pretentious. Sorry.
    Last edited by Sanguine; 2012-03-02 at 08:15 AM.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack217 View Post
    2: Make them more distinct. The Big Ham switches back to the Ax. All Sigils encountered from now on will be more utilitarian, in keeping with their status as weapons, but will still be awesome. Make a list of things Sigils can do that Codex's can't and vice versa. This will have the advantage of making Ben's codex more distinct as the intersection of pages and Sigil users.
    I'd suggest adding some default powers that all sigils possess. For instance:
    • Detect other sigils/pages
    • Create a private battlefield
    • Communicate telepathically with ?
    • Each sigil is granted by a codex, and has powers over pages of that codex.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    Like a Phoenix the beauty of Bibliography crumbles to ash in order to make way for the new beauty and potential of Thaumaturge. We mourn for the loss of this webcomic but content ourselves in the knowledge that it's death allows something else of value to come into this world.

....I liked the sentiment =(
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #970
    Troll in the Playground

Don't worry Elagune. I understand what you say, and it's cool. Thaumaturge is shaping up to a be a very fun read, and if you were getting dissatisfied with Bibliography, it would have made little sense to continue it. So yeah, I'll keep on reading Thaumaturge, and I'll definitely read Bibliography if/when you decide to reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post

Yes, yes it did. But I echo the sentiment.
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2012-03-02 at 09:40 AM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bibliography was my first webcomic that I read and look forward to the new pages coming out, I'll miss it. My friends and I still make jokes about Bibliography, and we still will even after the reboot. You can't get rid ofme that easy.
    Chibi Terry Avatar, made by the one the only (until cloning is prefected) Elagune
    Read his webcomic Thaumatugre
    I think we're all resonable people here except Judy, She's a gorilla
    Dr.McNinja

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Posted by HalfTangible
    I would quote that, but it makes zero sense out of context
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Because random compliments make the world real Shiny!

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

Bibliography was my first manga, or at least manga styled comic. I have since learned to like anime, too, and I feel, that as a bridge that brought me between worlds, that this work will always have a special place in my heart.

...come to think of it, I never did finish that Librarian PrC in the Request a Homebrew thread .
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

13. - Top - End - #973

Honestly I don't mind. Bibliography was the first time I ever saw your work and I've been a huge fan ever since. I follow Thamaturge and I followed Bibliography. I honestly can't say I'll be pinning away for Bibliography unitl it's return, but if/when it does come back I'll definitely be excited. To be frank though, I just like Thamaturge better right now...
    Uncle Fong, from Bibliography, and Chibi Fong Avatar By Elagune

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Broken City (Retired)

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

Total War: Another 2125 (Retired)
    Dutch Kritarchy and Constituents

14. - Top - End - #974
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thanks for all the support guys.

Too clarify. Yes, I will return to Bibliography in the future. I don't know when. It'll probably be a long time before I'm confident enough in my skills to reboot it. But I will return, and then I'll start it over again. I'll definitely still use the characters I've recieved in the contest, and probably integrate them into the plot better as well.

15. - Top - End - #975

Glad to hear you plan to continue at some point. The interaction between Eve and Ben is what drew me to the comic, and why it remains one of my top three comics, web or print. So please don't loose that okay?
    Last edited by blackjack217; 2012-03-03 at 10:36 AM.

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Titan in the Playground

Can Eric stay? Please?
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

17. - Top - End - #977
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGirl

Post Re: Bibliography IV

Great to see that Bibliography will be back some day! :D

Hrm, from what I gathered from Bibliography, I might be able to salvage some of the plot... Take what you wish. Scratch that, this is probably a WMG (For the record, no,I haven't read the Bibliography WMGs). But you're still welcome to use what catches your eye.

3-4 greater Sides:
    Normal Humans: No powers, no knowledge about the masquerade.
    Librarians: Sigil-users, powers depend on the sigils, know about the masquerade and try to keep it secret.
    Pages: Humans that have been granted special powers by the Codices. Susceptible to Descent.
    Codices: Some sort of Intelligence that turns humans to creatures similar to it, all while having them still mostly look like humans.
    Taste the nightmare fuel, yet? The concept of "Descent" is something that is inherently not only accepted, but welcomed by the Codices. They regard the "normal" humans as inferior, but only take a few chosen ones as their followers. Maybe there are "normal" humans who know of the masquerade, but aren't sigil holders but also not accepted by a Codex yet? They'd make a nice cult. Those chosen, however, slowly move towards descent, and those who do become Abyssals aim to break the masquerade to gather more people for their Codex. The Codices might not openly admit it, but they're in on it, support the Abyssals (after all, they've proven worthy), regard what the Librarians have dubbed "Descent" rather as "Ascension", but don't tell the Librarians this to reduce the threat of destruction until they can come out to the open with this.
    The pages are in for many reasons, fun, abilities, recovering senses, escapism... Many things. Maybe some oppose the true aim of the Codices, if they know of it, or they don't but still want to remain as human as they are. Some engage in a power play of this secret society.
    And the Librarians try not only to catalogue all of the Codices and Pages, but also try to keep the public from learning of this society right next to their own - there'd be a HUGE panic if that came out, some opportunistic Pages would start simply disregarding the need for safety of a "normal" human, after all, there are so many of them, and they oppose and want to oppress us, right? That that's a natural fear reaction will only cross few minds. So until a more or less peaceful coexistance with both sides knowing of the other will be reached, much, much blood would be shed. Hatred will accumulate, so true "peace" could only start about 3 to 4 generations after the end of the war at least. Sounds important to me |D
    Someone needs to keep the Pages and Codices in check, and since they can't be trusted with this, there needs to be the side of the Librarians. By being benign and friendly to the pages that don't seek to disrupt the equilibrium, there's a certain trust between the sides, few open hostilities, maybe, with education, a preparation to reveal the masquerade to the public? Or do the Librarians follow another goal altogether, at least some of them?

Long post is long, and most of this has probably been said already. ._.
    Trying to return to some communities from where I've vanished in the last few years. Trying to become more active in general. Social connections are like drugs xD"
    So, I'm in college now! In a city at the other end of the country, five hours by train.
    I can't choose between my Internet Nicknames. Have about 4 of them atm.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Banned

Would just like to add my own appreciation for this comic and hope that it will be rebooted in all its magnificent glory when the time is right.

19. - Top - End - #979

I just want to mention that Gaijin Manga seems to be dying. There hasn't been an update in a while and the forum is overrun with spam.

20. - Top - End - #980

I just want to mention that Gaijin Manga seems to be dying. There hasn't been an update in a while and the forum is overrun with spam.
    Clearly all effects of their lack of Bibliography.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

21. - Top - End - #981

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    True enough. Though I maintain that wild cards and bloodstained were decent, before they died, of course.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Pixie in the Playground

tongue Re: Bibliography IV

Thanks for all the support guys.

Too clarify. Yes, I will return to Bibliography in the future. I don't know when. It'll probably be a long time before I'm confident enough in my skills to reboot it. But I will return, and then I'll start it over again. I'll definitely still use the characters I've recieved in the contest, and probably integrate them into the plot better as well.
    As a fan, I've got to admit my disappointment at not being able to see more of Bibliography for a while, however as an amateur writer and manga-follower I sympathise 100% with your reasons for doing so. Too many good series have been ruined by their creator losing control of the story, introducing plot devices erratically just to try and inject a little more excitement back into a failing series (*cough* Bleach *cough*).

What I would like to say is that the ideas you've brought to Bibliography so far are exceptional, and have the potential to make an extremely good series. I've noticed the best writers spend time over the overarching plot and working out how the side-plots fit and intertwine with it, and have a definitive finale planned in the not too distant future (I'm a strong believer that limiting a series's length with a defined endpoint stops it going off the rails). Every story thread has relevance to the main story, and the subtle threads laid down at the very beginning are brought back to tie off the story at the end.

So in short, I've got no problems with the hiatus, but woe betide you if you dare drop the series...it's much too good for that!

In the meantime, *sigh* I guess I'll just have to make do with reading Thaumaturge for the 50th time...

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Agreed! Maybe they need to be intelligent and give Elagune whatever he wants.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

24. - Top - End - #984

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Agreed! Maybe they need to be intelligent and give Elagune whatever he wants.
    Seems logical to me. And yeah, the sites in terrible shape. In other news Remember did a review, might want to check it out.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seems logical to me. And yeah, the sites in terrible shape. In other news Remember did a review, might want to check it out.
    Can we get a link please.
    Chibi Terry Avatar, made by the one the only (until cloning is prefected) Elagune
    Read his webcomic Thaumatugre
    I think we're all resonable people here except Judy, She's a gorilla
    Dr.McNinja

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Posted by HalfTangible
    I would quote that, but it makes zero sense out of context
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Because random compliments make the world real Shiny!

26. - Top - End - #986
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by frostedflame View Post
    Can we get a link please.
    Click the image in my sig, it's the third or fourth or fifth down.

EDIT: Here we go
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-05-17 at 08:06 AM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #987
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Yeah, just found this, so I figured I'd add my thoughts. I stumbled upon Bibliography and loved the idea. I only found ir after it was tragically cut short, and my condolences to the author. Just know that, if you ever decide to continue it, you've got one more person willing to read.

Speaking of which, has anyone managed to save the comic? I had hoped to reread it, but the swindlers who hosted it seemed to have been run out of business.