New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Banned

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

But where to begin? And from there, what next?

2. - Top - End - #842
    Firbolg in the Playground

Start with the Excellency, silly.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    But where to begin? And from there, what next?
    Well, from what I understand of Devil-Tigers, they are your character idealized beyond humanity. Define your character, then strip away anything that doesn't seem to matter that much and blow the rest of him out of proportion.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Banned

What are some Healing charms, any splat? My DT has a theme of healing, and I can't think of any off the top of my head beyond the Lunar ones (Halting the Scarlet Flow, etc).

5. - Top - End - #845
    Troll in the Playground

Healing is far too small time for a neoprimordial. How about bringing things beyond their natural limits? This includes a person's natural healing.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Banned

It's more about restoring balance to someone.

7. - Top - End - #847

Heya, Playgrounders, one of the players in my Infernals game has decided to start considering Heretical options. Here's the Charm he's come up with...

Spoiler
    Show
    Titan's Commanding Will
    Cost: 10m, 1 wp; Mins: Essence 3; Type: Simple
    Keywords: Combo-OK, Compulsion, Heretical, Social, Stackable, Touch
    Duration: Infernal's Charisma in days
    Prerequisite Charms: Crowned With Fury, Cowing the Lowly (from TDO's Isidoros Charmset)

A Green Sun Prince need only speak to assert his purpose over others; the wills of the commanded matter not to a warlock who has cultivated this Charm from Malfeas' undeniable declarations and Isidoros' mighty presence.

This Charm exerts unnatural mental influence to create a Compulsion effect. The warlock's player makes a social attack; if the result exceeds the targets MDV, the target receives a compulsion to follow one order given by the warlock. The order can be as complicated as the Infernal desires, and he does not need to explicitly speak his desires. The target must spend one Willpower to resist the order, but need pay this cost only once per day. The unnatural mental influence fades when the Charm expires.

If Titan's Commanding Will is used in a way that would allow the social attack to be enhanced with Crowned With Fury, the Willpower cost for resisting goes up by one; however, the target is now aware of the compulsion, and does not have to spend Willpower to recognize the influence.

If the Infernal chooses to be more subtle with his edict, however, he does not gain the benefit of the increased cost to resist Titan's Commanding Will, but the target must spend four Willpower to become aware of it or remember it later, all of which must be spent at once, after which the target is fully aware of the effect.

Either way, being aware of the influence is not considered "resisting" it, and the target does not gain Limit from doing so.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-06-19 at 10:09 PM.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ettin in the Playground

What are some Healing charms, any splat? My DT has a theme of healing, and I can't think of any off the top of my head beyond the Lunar ones (Halting the Scarlet Flow, etc).
    Solar Medicine or SWLIHN has the best healing Charms.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    Solar Medicine or SWLIHN has the best healing Charms.
    Cecelyne also has one. But, yeah, Swilly has the best in the game by far.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ettin in the Playground

Dragon-Blooded: Wound-Closing Touch, Grievous Wound Alteration Energy
    She Who Eats Wordcount: Wholeness Rightly Assumed
    Cecelyne: Temple Self Apotheosis
    Solar: Wound-Mending Care Technique, Anointment of Miraculous Health, Wound-Cleansing Meditation, etc.
    Sidereal: Mending Warped Designs
    Abyssal: Ha ha no.
    Alchemical: Body-Reweaving Matrix, Omnitool Implant (with surgical submodule)
    Martial Arts: Soothing Word of Wisdom, An Oath of Presence (Art of Victorious Concession Style); Wood Dragon Form
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2011-06-19 at 11:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Titan in the Playground

Quick question; for flurrys(including), each attack is resolved completely before moving on to the next one, yes? So wound penalties from an earlier attack would effect DV's for the later one, right?

Also, say a standard mortal (1 -0, 2 -1) takes 3 levels of bashing damage. Do they take wound penalties equal to -1 or -2? Does it matter if they're an exalt(assume no relevant charms)?
    Last edited by Tavar; 2011-06-19 at 11:19 PM.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

12. - Top - End - #852
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    She Who Eats Wordcount: Wholeness Rightly Assumed
    Cecelyne: Temple Self Apotheosis
    Technically the Swillin ones are Pattern Reassertion Touch and Hollow Mind Possession, although you need Ego Infused Pattern Primacy and Wholeness Rightly Assumed to make Pattern Reassertion Touch function.

Lease the Flame may also count, depending on whether you subscribe to the "motes are basically our hit points" philosophy .

The Cecelyne one is Draught of Sweet Infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Quick question; for flurrys(including), each attack is resolved completely before moving on to the next one, yes? So wound penalties from an earlier attack would effect DV's for the later one, right?
    I believe so.
    Also, say a standard mortal (1 -0, 2 -1) takes 3 levels of bashing damage. Do they take wound penalties equal to -1 or -2? Does it matter if they're an exalt(assume no relevant charms)?
    The penalty is -1. You suffer the penalty for the line in which you have "X"s, not the next one down.
    Last edited by Xefas; 2011-06-19 at 11:44 PM.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Titan in the Playground

Hrrm... If you were the ST, what guidelines would you put in place for a player building a three dot ally god?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Hrrm... If you were the ST, what guidelines would you put in place for a player building a three dot ally god?
    If I was the ST I would ask what kind of god he would like as an ally, both domain/influence and personality, then I would build it myself with about essence 8 with some dots of cult a bit less essence if it has a unusually high amount of resources (the word not the background.)
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. Essence 8 seems high for a terrestrial deity, which this guy pretty much has to be in the backstory. I was more wondering if I could reasonably ask him to be essence 6/how many charms and backgrounds to give him.

Edit: I guess you gave your opinion on one of those.
    Last edited by golentan; 2011-06-20 at 03:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #856
    Titan in the Playground

What kind of game is it? Solar? Celestial? Terrestrial? Mixed? Anything special about the game(starting with more experience than default, twists to the setting, etc).
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

17. - Top - End - #857
    Troll in the Playground

That shouldn't really matter. A 3-dot ally is a 3-dot ally no matter what...

My Zenith in one game has a 2-dot Sidereal ally. Who is also his martial arts mentor (though, as he's focused on SHS, a mentor doesn't really matter)
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Titan in the Playground

Mixed celestial with mostly solar tier for the game, solar character, default errata'd chargen, tweaked timeline but otherwise standard exalted AFAIK. The story is the character was a god blood and exalted while snapping the neck of the immaculate who tried to put daddy down for not playing by the rules. Daddy, being power hungry, sees the benefits both in being elsewhere when the monks wonder why someone went missing trying to talk to him and in having a relatively loyal solar close at hand. The way they're written they'll probably eventually come to blows, also.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, on several charms in the Solar Hero style Martial art(errata'd), I see this descriptor: Enhancement. I get that these are more powers, but are their any limitations on how they are activated?
    Satomi by Elagune

20. - Top - End - #860
    Titan in the Playground

Actual Solars get them, other things don't.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Mixed celestial with mostly solar tier for the game, solar character, default errata'd chargen, tweaked timeline but otherwise standard exalted AFAIK. The story is the character was a god blood and exalted while snapping the neck of the immaculate who tried to put daddy down for not playing by the rules..
    Terrestrial deity, eh? Any particular themes the PC wants for them?
    Satomi by Elagune

22. - Top - End - #862
    Titan in the Playground

Lots of secrets and lots of hunger. God of things that live in places "we don't go there anymore since something ate gary." I was thinking he might be the god of some variety of darkspawn, or some nasty sea creature that haunts shipwrecks, or something else found with treasure/lost knowledge and an appetite that would make the sarlacc blush.

The god himself I'm thinking as an affably evil type. Friendly. Cheerful. Murder-y, but not too murder-y. Throws massive, hedonistic parties for those he finds favor with, but be careful you weren't invited as the main course if you've slipped up lately. Always willing to look the other way or tweak things for a bribe. You know, standard petty god stuff. *shrug*
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #863

So, here I am, with another interesting little dilemma...

The more musically-inclined in my Infernals game intends on stealing the recently-captured royal warstrider, "Hateful Devourer of Love," from Lookshy. He's blissfully-unaware of the secret behind the soulsteel mecha, so he's quite excited at the prospect of taking it.

Do you think I should go with the "vial of contagion" option, or the "filled with hungry ghosts" option? I'm disliking the "cursed" option, of course.

Is the fact that it's a royal warstrider good enough on its own, or should I throw on some ancillary systems?

Speaking of which, at one point in the chapter it's referred to as a ROYAL warstrider, and at another point, it's referred to as a NOBLE warstrider. I blame White Wolf for that, but which should I go with?

Also, last, but certainly not least, what might make a good picture for it?

24. - Top - End - #864
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Give it everything ! Royal is better than Noble, of Khorne.
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Is the fact that it's a royal warstrider good enough on its own, or should I throw on some ancillary systems?

Speaking of which, at one point in the chapter it's referred to as a ROYAL warstrider, and at another point, it's referred to as a NOBLE warstrider. I blame White Wolf for that, but which should I go with?

Also, last, but certainly not least, what might make a good picture for it?
    Unless you're using modified rules, a warstrider will make a character worse in combat, not better. Considering that it's an artifact that requires large amounts of maintenance and a dedicated hearthstone, well, that's not a good sign.

I'd go with royal, and use the fix mentioned in the first post.

As for the curse, since you're giving it to Solar PC's you need to make it especially powerful. How about... okay. The Lover managed to apply Infernal Hellstrider design principles to her own works. Hateful Devourer of Love isn't just a fancy name; Bound inside the soulsteel frame is either an appropriate Hekatonkhire or, and I think this one might even be better, the ghost of that third circle Deva that sided with the Exalts against her primordial. Perhaps the Lover can allow the being release at any time, letting a powerful entity free to wreak havoc. Or maybe it's designed to subvert all who attempt to use it.
    Satomi by Elagune

26. - Top - End - #866
    Banned

Hey. Guys. Hey- guys. Guys.
    Check it out.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Titan in the Playground

Hateful Devourer of Love, eh? So it's a mech that devours love...I think this calls for adapting some mechanics from Bliss Stage.

As a tentative suggestion, how about switching the Solar's usual means of reducing Limit for Exquisite Bride Obsession (or whatever it's called, the Ebon Dragon's "I'll catch you my pretty" charm).
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    As for the curse, since you're giving it to Solar PC's you need to make it especially powerful. How about... okay. The Lover managed to apply Infernal Hellstrider design principles to her own works. Hateful Devourer of Love isn't just a fancy name; Bound inside the soulsteel frame is either an appropriate Hekatonkhire or, and I think this one might even be better, the ghost of that third circle Deva that sided with the Exalts against her primordial. Perhaps the Lover can allow the being release at any time, letting a powerful entity free to wreak havoc. Or maybe it's designed to subvert all who attempt to use it.
    Um, the ghost of a Third Circle soul is a Hekatonkhire. Also, canonicly that particular Deva is still living on the moon.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Titan in the Playground

Um, the ghost of a Third Circle soul is a Hekatonkhire. Also, canonicly that particular Deva is still living on the moon.
    No, I'm thinking of Inari Heart-of-Thorns, detailed in Lands of Creation, page 79. During the first age, she was in the underworld. And, it's noted that, while in life she was noted for her compassion, in death she had none.
    Satomi by Elagune

30. - Top - End - #870
    Troll in the Playground

Also, canonicly that particular Deva is still living on the moon.
    Will the stars aid in her escape? etc, etc?