New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: House of Traia (I.C.) (E6)

Sya

She sighs then looks off into nothing, "Well then it can't be helped, I will have to give up the magic or find a new master, I have to find a way out, this town isn't safe for me, not anymore. Thanks for everything, we may not see each other again". With that Sya leaves Pedant and heads off to find somewhere she can be alone, a lake if possible.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Calixta
    Nibbling on her lip in thought, Calixta seems to look off into the distance, though she faces only darkness.
    A chance at nobility. Prestige and glory in this upcoming event. Real training and powerful backing. It's a dream, thrown at my feet. Simply because I am loyal to Madam Traia?

"When does all this sort of stuff start? What is needed from me?"
    Smile like you know something.

3. - Top - End - #183

NinjaGuy

@Sya

As you move for the door Pedant, always the inquisitive one, wonders frantically...

Pedant:

"What!!? I want to know what's in the package! Why are you all of a sudden asking me of Travod? Am I wrapped up in something? Do I need to keep our conversation (he says in a semi-serious but way overdone whisper) secret?

Maybe Travod would consider an audience with me after you've gone from my tutelage. That is what you're suggesting your doing, right?

Also, I've got a few... final instructions and lessons... for you. Looks like you don't have time now, but maybe soon? Feel free to send a runner and the location of where you're staying if you want me to come to meet you.

Best of luck to you I guess. And remember to keep your magic only to those who need to know!"
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

4. - Top - End - #184

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato Locke View Post
    Calixta
    Nibbling on her lip in thought, Calixta seems to look off into the distance, though she faces only darkness.
    A chance at nobility. Prestige and glory in this upcoming event. Real training and powerful backing. It's a dream, thrown at my feet. Simply because I am loyal to Madam Traia?

"When does all this sort of stuff start? What is needed from me?"

Madame:
    Well really, I think Travod is just looking for some kind of verbal commitment or some-such. He's never really been the contract sort of guy.

I can't stress enough that the reason it has been you two(meaning Sya)is because of the talent you've shown, and the dedication you've displayed for House Traia during this, our time of greatest poverty.

I know not where Sya has gone, but if I know her, she would resist anybody but you approaching her with the rest of this information. I would sincerely like to clear this up with her and set things straight.

If you could, would you seek her out and let her consider the additional information I gave you after she left?

She is of course free to make up her own mind, and if she decides not to be a part of the Entrada, she is more than welcome here at House Traia, and I don't believe Travod would persecute her. Its not really his way.

The Madame gives you some information on how to set-up a meeting with Travod on a written note.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Calixta
    She takes the note without reading it. "If Sya wishes to come back, I'll bring her. I'd like to talk to Travod myself before deciding." Her eyes shift between Tupik and Madam Traia. "Dont get yourselves into any more trouble while I'm gone."

Calixta troops back up the stairs. She pauses at the top, thinking, before nodding to herself and setting off to where she left her possessions. She takes a minute to don her armor and straps her greatsword on a sling across her back. She examines herself in the mirror before leaving, looking and feeling like a warrior. "Not exactly what men want in a good lay..."

Calixta knows where Sya would have gone but not where her teacher was. She had only mentioned his name once and it wasnt one that Calixta recognized at the time. She pauses at the front door to read the note Madam Traia had given her.

6. - Top - End - #186

NinjaGuy

@Cali

You've got a few names scrambled in your head, maybe if you took a few moments to sort them out you could come up with the name.

(Wisdom or other applicable knowledge check please)

@Sya

Aside from the last post, you know that it is extreemly dangerous to travel out side the city limits alone. The gaurds probably wouldn't even let you out. Do you have any applicable knowledge of local lakes? If not, you could consult a map.

You do know of a stream that flows in the citie's machine district. There are some hot-springs there that are sometimes used as romantic hot-spots.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Calixta's Wis check to remember a name: (1d20)[6]

8. - Top - End - #188

NinjaGuy

@Cali

Maybe it rhymes with "Ant"?

You do know that you've received some potions from him from time to time. Sya brought them back from him. Protection from diseases.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

9. - Top - End - #189

Sya

Before she leaves Sya says to Pedant "You said the package was from Travod, why he sent the package here instead of House Traia deeply implies that he knows of our acquaintance. Yes I'm leaving, I don't know where yet or how I'm going to get there.And whats in this package may be dangerous and I'm not sure if I'm even going to open it, but I will be alone when I do so, if I do so. Good bye master, I wish nothing but good luck for you"

Spoiler
    Show
    A lake isn't necessary, she just wants a nice spot where she can think in peace, please just say she finds such a location and sits down

Sitting while looking at the package, Sya thinks about her life. How its strange that just this morning everything was normal and in a few hours the whole world is upside down. Traia can't be trusted, who knows what other secrets she has, some can be even more dangerous then this one. She can't go back there. What does Travod want with her, there are millions of ways to have spoken to her, why not just a letter? why this package? It could be a deadly trap, a part to kill off all of house Traia, unless he only wanted to kill off the few other casters in town, to eliminate competition. Its not worth the risk.

Sya throws the package as far away as she can, making sure not to hit anyone.

Sya wants to go home to her family, to her father, then re-join the family trade. She heads off to talk to a city guard about transportation out of the city back to her home town.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Calixta will make a gather information check on where to get potions to protect from disease.

And try not to give potential costumers the wrong idea.
    Gather information: (1d20)[1]

11. - Top - End - #191

NinjaGuy

@Cali

You only recall the area where most of the shops have moved to. There used to be many busy districts here, but now most customers will only travel to and from "The Row". There's a good chance that whatever type of business you need will be represented there. Its like the new main street.

You don't recall which business you've heard Tupik and Sya used to frequent.

You get many strange looks with your request for this particular potion.

@Sya

You find a decent enough location to ditch the package and have some time alone with your thoughts. You're near the old machine district. There aren't many people hear anymore, but the blacksmiths and lumberyards are still filled with equipments that haven't seen use in a few years.

Is Jeremiah there?

Tell me about your family, were they in a rural area? The capital? When was last communication?

Also, need a spot check and a listen check. Also, you said you have all your stuff with you right? What weight are you at?
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

12. - Top - End - #192

Sya

Spot check (1d20+0)[5]
    listen check (1d20+0)[6]

Spoiler
    Show

I always have Jeremiah, I'm at 26 pounds, and please reference my backstory for information on my family, and I have contacted them every month since I came to this city through the runners, unless finances made this impossible
    Last edited by Dakuwan; 2011-07-21 at 09:18 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193

NinjaGuy

@Sya

You're town will be easy enough to contact, but getting back there will be tough. There are three ways to get there. Boat followed by a 2 day climb(for the unskilled-dangerous), a few days travel on roads(animals being the biggest threat here), or the underground tunnels.

The tunnels are said only to be traversable via guide(because its like a maze), and that is expensive. May take up to three days. It is currently quite safe because the two regions trade frequently, and the caves are actually a bit easier to patrol and keep under critter control than the open plain and forest.

While pondering your options your mind wanders a bit...

Now you see in front of you a man. He stepped out from a building you were passing by. You were so oblivious that you may have just walked right by him without noticing, but he stepped into your way.

Man:

"Halt, wench. Look around you. Nice day for a walk eh?"

The man is referencing two more men who now seem to be all focused on you.

One more spot check please.

Man:

"How about we walk together?"

He turns his back and steps into the abandonded looking building from where he came...
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

14. - Top - End - #194

Sya

Spot Check (1d20+0)[19]

In response Sya says, "how about no" then does a full withdraw action to a more populated area.

15. - Top - End - #195

NinjaGuy

@Sya

The men seemed ready for you to make a run for it. The second you take a step to run, they both close the short distance to you and try to grab at you and your bags.

Spoiler
    Show

Two touch attacks. Feel free to make your aoo's. Unarmed would provoke an aoo from both of them.
    (1d20+3)[15]
    (1d20+3)[19]

Vs. Your touch Ac

If successfuly touched, grapple
    (1d20+3)[23]
    (1d20+3)[15]

Vs. Your grapple roll
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

16. - Top - End - #196

Sya

Spoiler
    Show
    HOLD THE PHONE, there should be initiative considering I was not surprised, because they introduced themselves, and I knew something was gonna happen. I'm rolling initiative (1d20+2)[19]

Spoiler
    Show
    and knowing my tactical situation would be nice
    Last edited by Dakuwan; 2011-07-22 at 12:53 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197

NinjaGuy

You were surprised, you lost your spot checks. They've had a bead on you for a while and have prepped actions that are still holding over since the surprise round(/since your conversation with the man).

You're in charge of asking questions about your tactical situation if you think you don't understand it. You could ask a clarifying question before the action.

I'll try to be better in explainations too.

Here you are now. Wandering through a mostly deserted neighborhood of town. Not know to be particularily dangerous, as the population has needed to band together to survive. As the man is confidently disappearing into a builing, the two other men have you pinned(pincer style in ff terms) as though they want you to go into the doorway. The street is '15 wide, but if you tried to get past either one, you'd come awefully close to them.

The nearest populated area is residential, and would take you about 4 minutes to run to.

You face N. There are buildings with doors at E and W. The man disappeared into the W building. Men are N and S of you in the middle of the road and probably came from a doorway or the edge of one of the buildings.

Unless you decide not to run given that info, the grapples stand. If you have more initiative ?'s you can put them in OOC.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

18. - Top - End - #198

NinjaGuy

@Cali

Your note mentions how you should contact a particular advisor, tell them your name and association with House Traia, and mention the word "entrada". Be discreet.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

19. - Top - End - #199

Sya

Attack roll against the one coming from the south (1d20+0)[14]

opposed grapple check (1d20+0)[4]

20. - Top - End - #200

NinjaGuy

You smack the first guy who's grabbing at your satchel with your big stick. But just as you connect the second guy comes from behind you and is definitely preventing you from moving as you had planned. You are grappled.

(roll damage for quarterstaff)

You are now in a grapple with guy 2 mid-street. Guy 1 is next to you(standing if your damage isn't crazy). The boss guy has moved back out of the doorway and is watching how the two handle you, or you them. He is unflinching.

(Spot check)

Roll init(s, if you want Jeremiah to have separate turn.)

(frog doing anything? You can keep old init if you want)
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Calixta
    Taking a new tactic, Calixta walks along The Row looking for potion shops. She'll stop in each one asking for Sya.

Gather Information: (1d20)[18]

22. - Top - End - #202

Sya

Keeping old init, Jeremiah has no attack but will still act on my turn, he's on my shoulder if its important.

Quarterstaff Damage (1d6+0)[4]

Spot check (1d20+2)[22], +2 from familiars alertness feat

Jeremiah takes no action but takes his own spot check (1d20+4)[19] +2 alertness feat, +2 wis mod

Spoiler
    Show
    please let me know when my turn comes
    Last edited by Dakuwan; 2011-07-23 at 12:10 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203

NinjaGuy

@Cali

At the mention of Sya's name(you both are at least minor celebs because of you line of work and the state of House Traia and the "T" that you must wear everywhere) a few people know that she frequent's Pedant's shop. You also hear a rumor about how they might be romantically involved. The person asks you if it is true.

Assuming you head over to Pedant's place, you see a sign that says "by appointment or luck" in place of a sign that would show the hours of the shop.

Its now mid-morning, and this place is about as busy as its going to get.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

24. - Top - End - #204

NinjaGuy

Your spot checks reveal that the man inside the doorway has a beard, a portion of which has been recently singed - magically.

This is definetly the guy from before.

He isn't joining the fray, rather still watching from the sidelines, he says

"Its best for you to give yourself up now!"

You win init. You are grappled, and there's another man in the square next to you two.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

25. - Top - End - #205

Sya

"I'd rather die fighting, thank you"

escape artist check (1d20+2)[12] +2 dex mod

Spoiler
    Show
    if the escape attempt succeeds Sya will then take a five foot step to a non threatened square

26. - Top - End - #206

NinjaGuy

Opposed grapple
    (1d20+3)[7]
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

27. - Top - End - #207

NinjaGuy

You free yourself of the grapple by flinging his hands off of you(something you may have done once or twice before @work). You step backwords 5' away from both people who were on you.

The man says "Not bad, again!"

The men snap into action again and grab for your cloths.

You can take an AOO against either.

Touch attacks:

(1d20+3)[4]
    (1d20+3)[15]

Confirm the grab

(1d20+3)[22]
    (1d20+3)[16]
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Calixta
    Assuring the person who asked the question that she does not know about Sya's relationships, she proceeds to Pendant's shop.
    I knew it had something to do with ants, she thinks to herself.

She enters, looking to speak with Pendant about when/if he had seen Sya and where she might be now. She does not mention Sya's training.

29. - Top - End - #209

Sya

Spoiler
    Show
    Its a little meta, but can I direct my attack at the one who did not failed to touch?

Attack of opportunity (1d20+0)[5] with quarterstaff
    Last edited by Dakuwan; 2011-07-23 at 08:03 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210

Sya

opposed grapple check (1d20+0)[14]

and if applicable on her turn escape artist check (1d20+2)[18] +2 dex mod
    Last edited by Dakuwan; 2011-07-23 at 08:13 PM.