New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (IC)

Umbriel watches the drama impassively. It is not her wont to step into the spotlight; her companions certainly are putting on a marvelous distracting show. Still, she feels a touch of relief at Saffron's actions.

One part of that relief is rational: it would be inconvenient if the Iron Tower began pursuing her personally in the belief that she had forced secrets from one of their pawns. Although those secrets might have been worth the cost... Peace. You know more now than before, and with the bodies and weapons of these warriors, perhaps further information may be gleaned. A chance to learn any more of the ancient enemy's workings should not be thrown away; it is convenient, in that sense, that the unknown enemy used a githyanki organization as their agents.

The irrational part... but she turns her mind away from those thoughts with practiced skill. Some things should not even be brought to mind. Still, she offers up a brief silent prayer to the Lady and the spirits of her ancestors, that should she ever find herself in a like situation, someone will be there to do her the same favor.

She holds her arm next to the hidden pocket in her robes and speaks a command word. Valthrax squawks as she is expelled from the pocket, but quickly clambers up to Umbriel's shoulder and peers around. "Battle over, then? Took you long enough."
    "There were complications. Not unexpected, with new companions. Now, I need your eyes: keep a watch on that other spider and the body of its rider for me."

Umbriel waits to see what will happen next, her hands loose and apparently relaxed on her reins. If there are irreconcilable differences amongst the group, best to have them out early. But still... she says quietly through the Message, "I see no auras of notable power in the crowd. Nonetheless, if Kuthial spoke true, we are watched, by agents of an organization of non-negligible power and already some reason to wish us ill. It would be wise to remember that."
    Last edited by Ifni; 2011-06-25 at 12:38 AM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    Kalinor looks astounded.

How the...? That's really amazing! How did you know one of our mirrors was stolen? I only just found from Nephira when we arrived!

His looks sidelong at Rhion.

Wait, mercenary group? You mean these guys with the spiders? They were trying to kill me?
    "You and us. Also, they meant to take your mirrors," says Rhion, debriefing Kalinor in the briefest way possible.

"No offense, but are your mirrors that expensive to be planned over in such a way? Or are we talking about a special, one of a kind mirror, and not the ones you'll be selling?"

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Kulthial, acting on instinct, reaches out to catch the spinning blade that Derk throws to him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Catching the blade (1d20+18)[32]

Catching it neatly he spins around with the momentum, and then comes up to guard position with the double sword, the javelin dropping to the ground. The doubt drains from his face, and the blades blaze into life.
    Saffron attacks, and her blows get easily past his guard, but he still stands, barely keeping his feet.
    Last edited by Togo; 2011-06-25 at 05:33 AM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

He counter attacks
    Spoiler
    Show

Full attack at Saffron
    (1d20+18)[28] ignoring armour and sheild for 1d8+10 and 1 con
    (1d20+13)[23] ignoring armour and sheild for 1d8+10 and 1 con
    (1d20+8)[13] ignoring armour and sheild for 1d8+10 and 1 con

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

More attacks on Saffron
    Spoiler
    Show

sorry!
    damage for two hits
    (1d8+10)[12] and 1 con
    (1d8+10)[18] and 1 con

Two more attacks on Saffron with the off hand
    (1d20+18)[24] ignoring armour and sheild for (1d8+8)[14] and 1 con
    (1d20+13)[31] ignoring armour and sheild for (1d8+8)[12] and 1 con

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Togo, you should probably read the OOC thread before spending any more time posting attacks on me.
    Congratulations, you can link to TV Tropes. This does not mean you have special insight into the storytelling process, much less the author's mind. Stories don't need to fit into neat boxes, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Spod has it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasilich View Post
    You not reading the comic isn't going to make this comic any less awesome for all the rest of us.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Last attack on Saffron
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+8)[27] ignoring armour and sheild for (1d8+8)[16] and 1 con
    Last edited by Togo; 2011-06-26 at 12:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    If he had hit one more time, this whole discussion would have been moot because Saffron would have been dead. As it is, I have 6 hit points left.

The prisoner's attacks savagely maul Saffron with glowing ferocity. She grits her teeth, hoping that if she were fighting for her life, she would display the same fervor. She swings her sword back at him, even snapping at him with her powerful jaws. She hopes to end this now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full attack:

Attack #1: (1d20+28)[39]
    Damage #1: (1d8+18)[24]

Attack #2: (1d20+23)[25]
    Damage #2: (1d8+18)[24]

Attack #3: (1d20+18)[37]
    Damage #3: (1d8+18)[26]

Bite Attack: (1d20+18)[38]
    Damage #1: (2d6+8)[12]

EDIT: Three Two of those are threats! I will roll confirmation in the next post.

EDIT 2: Damage for swords is wrong, rerolled in next post.

EDIT 3: I cannot subtract. #1 is NOT a threat at all. Sorry.
    Last edited by SPoD; 2011-06-26 at 07:23 AM.
    Congratulations, you can link to TV Tropes. This does not mean you have special insight into the storytelling process, much less the author's mind. Stories don't need to fit into neat boxes, you know.
    Spod has it right.
    You not reading the comic isn't going to make this comic any less awesome for all the rest of us.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

The soldier's ferocity finds an echo in Saffron's own, as she tears into the man with savage force.

Spoiler
    Show
    First, ignore all sword damage from the previous post, I accidentally put my arrow damage (1d8+8) instead of my sword damage (2d6+22).

Damage #1: (2d6+22)[27]
    Damage #2: (2d6+22)[25]
    Damage #3: (2d6+22)[28]

Now, on to the critical hits:

Crit Confirmation #1: (1d20+28)[39]
    Crit Damage #1: (2d6+22)[32]
    <--This was not a threat, I messed up.

Crit Confirmation #3: (1d20+18)[34]
    Crit Damage #3: (2d6+22)[27]

Bite Crit Confirmation: (1d20+18)[22]
    Bite Crit Damage: (2d6+8)[13]
    Last edited by SPoD; 2011-06-26 at 07:22 AM.
    Spod has it right.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

At the first blow, her opponent topples to the ground.
    Last edited by Togo; 2011-06-26 at 02:54 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    "You and us. Also, they meant to take your mirrors," says Rhion, debriefing Kalinor in the briefest way possible.

"No offense, but are your mirrors that expensive to be planned over in such a way? Or are we talking about a special, one of a kind mirror, and not the ones you'll be selling?"
    Kalinor looks troubled. Well obviously our mirrors are of the highest quality, and an ornament to any home. And the magical one are pretty expensive. But hiring an interdimensional mercenary outfit to steal one might just be overkill... I mean they'd cost at least as much as it would to buy one, maybe more.

He stops suddenly, thinking.

The one that was stolen, though, that was quite an old mirror. Practically an antique. And magical. Maybe they thought I wouldn't sell it to them if they asked?

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Godot freezes as the violence erupts around her again. She stares uncomprehendingly at her colleague's actions. Her mouth opens, and no sound comes out, and her face seems to lock into a mask of horror. The gnome woman slides into a crosslegged position on the ground, staring at the now-dead man.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Medic! Derk turns towards Saffron. Do we even have a medic?

Dangit, Saffron. How are you? Hang in there. If Saffron allows Derk to touch her, Derk uses his Lay on hands on her.

Spoiler
    Show
    That is 12 damage healed. I know, I suck as a paladin, but it is the gesture that counts, eh?

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Rhion keeps his careful gaze on the man, wondering if he keeps anything to himself or otherwise twisting the truth.

Spoiler
    Show
    A Sense Motive, maybe?
    (1d20+15)[27]

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    Rhion keeps his careful gaze on the man, wondering if he keeps anything to himself or otherwise twisting the truth.

Spoiler
    Show
    A Sense Motive, maybe?
    [roll0]
    Rhion
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Sense Motive, maybe?

Seems basically on the level. He's twisting things a little, possibly sheer habit. He's more skeptical than he's letting on that the mercenaries would be after him personally. He's pretty certain that they would be after the particular mirror he's describing. He doesn't actually know though, and doesn't seem to be hiding any special knowledge about the attackers.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

At least the madness is over now.

. . . so, where do we go from here?
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race
    -Complicated Wendigo Race
    False Hydra (Goblin Punch)

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Saffron slumps to the ground, blood pouring from her wounds. As the adrenaline passes, she closes her eyes. She had not imagined the man could be capable of such power, given how easily his allies fell. But then, she had no business fighting the man sword to sword, either. She was not a warrior, she was a stalker, a hunter. Her job was to down the prey with as little risk to herself as possible, so why had she taken such a foolish one? She did not care about the man's honor; it was a silly concept invented by creatures who thought themselves better than beasts. If she felt he needed to be put down as a mercy, she should have simply shot him from across the square. So why had she done it?

Pride, of course. It was always pride for her. She always thought she could take any foe, down any prey. It was what had made her a tiger instead of a woman, and it still haunted her yet, if this was any indication. It was natural enough to see a bear caught in a snare and want to end its suffering, but you don't free the bear and try to wrestle it to death unless you are insane. She still has much humility to learn, and perhaps these new allies can help her on her journey.

She stands and shuffles over to where Godot is sitting in shock, and sits down beside her. "I think, perhaps, that I am more of a fool than I gave myself credit for, and you, perhaps, are less of one," she says. "I am sorry. If I could impose on you to keep me from doing very stupid things in the future, I would appreciate it." The last is said to all in the group, not just Godot.

Quote Originally Posted by Autopsibiofeeder View Post
    Medic! Derk turns towards Saffron. Do we even have a medic?

Dangit, Saffron. How are you? Hang in there. If Saffron allows Derk to touch her, Derk uses his Lay on hands on her.
    She gladly accepts Derk's healing touch. "I think that I require a cleric, actually," she says. "His blade sapped my vitality as well as tore my flesh."
    Last edited by SPoD; 2011-06-27 at 08:09 AM.
    Spod has it right.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Godot looks up at Saffron, and it's not clear whether the words are fully penetrating. As Saffron finishes, though, Godot's face does change, beginning to sob quietly. She reaches out to clutch at the hunter's shirt, and pulls herself forward into Saffron's lap. She curls up into a small, trembling ball there.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

19. - Top - End - #229
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Androse reacted quickly, fluttering down to the ground, leaning to his fallen friend. He felt it was partly his fault - as if his words could have stayed the madness that had consumed everyone, including himself. But because he failed - because he did not know the words - another person was dead, and another badly injured.
    RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

"I think our stony friend had some healing capabilities," Rhion suggests from where he stands, sounding a little jaded, but not entirely unconcerned.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, at least it's over now." Sthrer gives Godot a reassuring pat on the shoulder. As reassuring as she can get, at least. "I don't suppose a drink would help, would it? That and some first aid is all I know."

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know if a Heal check would be useful, but if it would . . . (1d20+12)[22]
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Well! says Kalinor, At least we're all alive, right? He reaches out an arm to encompass everyone, but ends up reaching towards to Sthrer, and pauses, as if not quite sure if he dare touch her. He blinks a little as it becomes clear his expansive cheer is not being shared. As he notices that people are not only hurt, but upset, he stops smiling.

Well. he tries again, more softly, clearly a little thrown by the abrupt change in mood. I don't think anyone is up for bargaining hard for an innroom this evening. Come back to the compound with me, and we'll see if we can find you some rooms for the night. I'll get some of my men to carry the fallen, all their equipment, and bring those two remaining spider things. If you think they're safe?

He scowls at the rooftops.

I'm not really sure how to bring them down. What bothers me more is how those mercenaries knew we'd be here. I mean we didn't know when we'd arrive. And I certainly didn't intend to arrive with you.

He looks around suddenly.

Oh, I'm glad that I did, of course! But I'm just wondering, why would they be attacking all of us? We've never been together before, and as far as I know, we were intending to go our seperate ways.

He forces a chuckle.

Uh.. you didn't... ah... arrange this, did you? To impress me, I mean, as sort of an audition? Because it worked, I'm impressed, but it would be good to know...?

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Give me a minute, please," Umbriel calls to Kalinor, and guides her steed down to the rooftop next to the spider. "If we can control the spiders, I can use a spell on them to render them able to fly down, or we can have them jump. Let me take a look at their reins." She scans over the rider and spider swiftly, looking for any overt traps. She slides the sharp blade to the ground first, then regards the spider warily as she tries to gently slip the rider's hands off the reins and pull him down from the spider's back.

To her companions, she says through the Message, "I gather some of you have some difficulty with the undead. If we do not wish to preserve the spiders for ourselves or sell them back to their previous owners, I would suggest that a temple of my goddess, the Lady of Book and Bone who is steward of the dead, might be able to put them to good use. For the moment, I ask that you do not harm them. We should also decide what we want to do with the bodies; whether we wish to try to deliver them back to their contacts, or not."

She regards Godot's obvious distress for a moment, but then shakes her head and turns back to the spider. That situation won't be untangled in a minute. Now, let's see here...

Spoiler
    Show

Search check for traps, first, taking 10 for 38.

Umbriel is going to inspect the guy's items, especially the spider's reins. The MIC has rules for identifying objects, which I have excerpted below: can we use these?

If so, Umbriel takes 10 on Spellcraft for 41, on Knowledge (Arcana) for 47, and on Search for 38, trying to identify the items's function, starting with the reins (you can also use UMD and Bardic Knowledge, but Umbriel doesn't have those options).

MIC ID rules:
    Spoiler
    Show

"Knowledge (arcana): A character can attempt a DC 30 Knowledge (arcana) check to determine if she remembers reading of an item at one point during her studies. A successful result might give a hint to the item’s function or reveal every detail about it. This method is most appropriate for legendary items or items that have a traditional shape associated with their function.
    Search: You might allow close study of an item to provide some information. A command word could be etched in tiny letters on the inside of a ring, or a feathered design might hint that an item allows its wearer to fl y. In such a case, a successful DC 15 Search check should reveal the clue.
    Spellcraft: A character using the detect magic spell can attempt a Spellcraft check to determine the school of magic associated with the item's powers. If the character exceeds the DC for this check by 10 or more, the character magically divines the item's functions, its means of activation, and the number of charges remaining.

Here is another Knowledge (Religion) check, she's specifically trying to remember anything about the ritual that creates husk spiders, how they are usually controlled, whether they are attuned to a particular master, etc.
    (1d20+37)[48]

I will also try to estimate the value of the spiders with Appraise, taking 10 for 27.

She will cast Greater Mirror Image if the spider takes a chomp at her.

She is planning to try to ride the spider unless it's actively hostile or she spots something nasty on the reins.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2011-06-28 at 05:35 AM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

I am sorry I cannot offer what you require, Saffron, and at the same time happy you accepted the little I can humbly offer.

Derk grinds his teeth as Umbriel proceeds. He speaks into the link: I do not know you very well, but from what I learned you are a well-informed and thoughtful scholar. For now I will take your word for it. This is right now not the time and place to discuss this in length and you have earned the benefit of doubt from me. I do insist however, that we exchange views on the undead matter some time soon. My views are straight but may be too narrowminded from this whole multiversal perspective. I doubt that, though.

Undead and the faith they and, more importantly, the souls that once powered their bodies, deserve. If there is one subject worth opening a good bottle of wine over....

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Umbriel
    Spoiler
    Show

Search check for traps, first, taking 10 for 38.

You don't find any traps

Umbriel is going to inspect the guy's items, especially the spider's reins. The MIC has rules for identifying objects, which I have excerpted below: can we use these?

I don't see why not. It makes it easier than using identify, but I don't want to draw out the process any longer than we have to, particularly on a post game. I reserve the right to require more extreme methods for highly unusal items in future...

Each rider has:
    Reins of ascension.
    gloves of dexterity +2 dex
    bracers of ogre power +2 Str
    ring of protection +1 AC
    Peircer cloak of resistance +2 sv
    lesser fire crystal
    breastplate +1 AC
    Javelin of lightning
    Masterword double swords

Note that the doubleswords stopped being magical when the wielder died, and thus no longer glow. You may want to edit your post accordingly.

Here is another Knowledge (Religion) check, she's specifically trying to remember anything about the ritual that creates husk spiders, how they are usually controlled, whether they are attuned to a particular master, etc.
    [roll0]

Ok, husk widomaker spiders are 'intelligent' undead. As such they're either following instructions from a controller, or can act on their own. However, they're very, very, stupid, and can be controlled by a skilled rider. Unlike widowmakers, they're not mindless, they are chaotic evil, and they tend to run amok if not controlled. These look like they are following orders, probably issued by an evil priest of some sort by channeling negative energy, since you can't detect any additional necromantic magic.

You reckon someone could probably create more of these things using the create greater undead spell. You need a suitable dead spider, of course. There's nothing special in the creation that makes it suitable for riding - that must be an instinct of the base creature that gets preserved into it's undead form.

I will also try to estimate the value of the spiders with Appraise, taking 10 for 27.

Erm.. Probably 10,000 each to the right person? You could certainly get more, but it's finding a buyer who actually wants an undead spider that would be tricky.

She is planning to try to ride the spider unless it's actively hostile or she spots something nasty on the reins.

A short hop is fine, activating the reins to bring the spider flying down. Using this thing as a mount for any extended period, and particularly trying to get it to attack anyone, and it might be difficult to bring it back under control without magic or some really good ride checks.

Ah yes - you also find, on one of the bodies, some quick sketches of people. Godot, Simon, Derk, Rhion, Sthrer, Saffron, Amrose are all featured. The picture of you is terrible - they haven't captured you at all well, you fear, and that's surely not your best side. The ninth image is of a man in robes holding a large and ornate book, whom you don't recognise.
    Last edited by Togo; 2011-06-28 at 12:33 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

"Taking them to the priesthood sounds like a good idea to me. They can take it from there, and good riddance.

"We should probably check the bodies for orders and such. That and any equipment or other things that may help."
    Last edited by GuesssWho; 2011-06-27 at 10:42 PM.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Umbriel's face twists in sudden chagrin and distaste as a memory drifts up from the depths. Oh. Wait a minute. That's where I heard of these things before... She takes a reflexive step away from the spider. I suppose I should have expected the githyanki to be indiscriminate in their alliances.

Through the Message she says, "Well. Ahem. Upon reflection, I may have spoken too hastily: perhaps my church would not want these creatures after all." Self-willed, stupid, utterly Chaotic, and spawn-creating. What a combination. Perhaps it would be best to simply remove them from the world. They may be valuable, but she can think of few she'd trust to command them who would desire such minions. "I think I can bring them safely down to the ground - the reins can be used to fly with them - and they are rather stupid, but they should NOT be trusted or left unguarded. Perhaps their destruction will become necessary in time, Derk, but for the moment, let us get to a more private location, where I would be most happy to debate with you. Kalinor's suggestion sounds reasonable to me."

She nods to Sthrer. "They were moderately well equipped; if you can fly or climb, girl, come up here and give me a hand. I am not especially expert in the task of hauling bodies or their gear around." She turns back to the body and begins quickly checking for written material or symbols of any kind, although she does not expect to find much. Presumably they would have memorized their orders.

At Kalinor's last question she laughs wryly, and calls down, "I suspected the same of you, actually: that this might have been arranged as a test."

Her expression becomes somber as she looks across to the rest of the group, and the badly injured Saffron. She had misjudged that situation. It had seemed a contest of honor, and so she had not intervened, and Saffron had nearly died as a result, taking her fascinating abilities with her. Godot might be damaged as well, in less visible ways, although at least she and Saffron seemed not to be at irreconcilable odds. Watching the gnome girl curled up in the tiger-woman's lap, meddling least seems best for now. The realm of emotion, the interplay of friendship and rivalry and clashing ideals, has never been her favored domain.

"If the situation is truly dire, I can heal by burning my own life-force," she says into the Message. "Generally, I prefer to choose and shape my battles so that such sacrifices are unnecessary, but if we are to work together, you should know of both my abilities and their limitations. If none of us have the requisite skills to mend your injuries, Saffron, I am sure we can find a healer in a city such as this."

Spoiler
    Show
    Previous post edited to account for now non-glowing swords. Also, my apologies, I was skimming the page and somehow entirely missed Saffron's rather important post - Umbriel isn't a very compassionate person but she's usually not that oblivious.
    Take-10 Search check on the body of 38, now looking for tattoos, any written material, holy symbols, other non-magical items or information.
    Also, Chaotic undead, bah! That entirely changes Umbriel's attitude toward the spiders, she had assumed they were mindless or Lawful mounts of their very-Lawful riders
    Last edited by Ifni; 2011-06-28 at 06:15 AM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

In response to Kalinor and Umbriel, Rhion mumbles musingly, his voice loud enough to be heard by all.

"For an enemy to be expecting Lord Kalinor and us, someone would have had to see us together. That means we were being spied on before the gate, in the camp. Either by man or magic, though "man" brings up graver connotations..."

29. - Top - End - #239
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

"These undead should be destroyed - they are an abomination," Androse said, floating up towards Umbriel using his magical carpet; it would not be able to carry much, but he'd be able to load it with about sixty pounds of gear per trip.

"I can take some of the supplies down," he said simply - clearly uneasy with the idea of those undead monsters still even existing.
    RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Umbriel
    Spoiler
    Show

Take-10 Search check on the body of 38, now looking for tattoos, any written material, holy symbols, other non-magical items or information.

Maybe bizzarely, you do find something on one of the bodies. Nine quick sketches of people. Godot, Simon, Derk, Rhion, Sthrer, Saffron, Ambrose are all featured. The picture of you is terrible - they haven't captured you at all well, you fear, and that's surely not your best side. The basic appearance and clothing is accurate though. The ninth image is of a man in robes holding a large and ornate book, whom you don't recognise, if only because you can't see much of his face.