New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXXXIV

Being mindless, the creature just ignores Zee and continues drink. Despite not needing to eat or drink, it gets a form of enjoyment from the taste, so it'll just keep consuming things ravenously.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #752
    Orc in the Playground

"Yeah, I can't say I ever got used to the way they treated women after being here for so long."

Jacob isn't exactly the most progressive person ever, but he's still not in favor of measures like that.Oh, and, "Also made...other things kind of difficult. Never know for sure whats under those coverings."

"As far as magic, I suppose it could happen. I never really looked into it but its possible that those mages hiding in the desert are going to come back some day with powers no one there's even imagined and redefine things."

He shrugs. He's not there anymore, doesn't really concern him. As he comes to Zee's last question he stares down at his drink for awhile before answering.

"I guess so. I mean I have to admit it was nice to have a measure of stability for a couple years. But it as you said it was a generally unpleasant place, and also unbearably hot. Now I just have to figure out what to do next..."
    Last edited by Warpfire; 2011-06-28 at 08:58 PM.
    Witch Hunter Avatar by Dr. Bath
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Gus is rather lucky that he didn't decide to do worse. If that had been the case she would have pulled a knife or something even more lethal. She wasn't afraid to use excessive force if necessary. "That's a stupid reason." Vasquez tells him with a bit of a glare. "Do you honestly think I'm here alone? Whether I like it or not, there's always someone else in the background."
    "Oooh la la... The lady travels with an entourage. Just like a de Vere," Gus says with an eye roll.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #754
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zee snerks slightly at the mention of what might be found under all those coverings. The implication is obvious enough.

"There honestly isn't as much work for a mercenary in the Nexus proper as most people tend to expect. Catches a lot by surprise and then they end up just loafing around. That's always puzzled me..." the presently human looking Far Chimera sighs. "You can find anything here. Breaks even the limits of the imagination. Adventures! Interesting places and people and critters and all sorts of stuff! All that's required is a little initiative to get out there and see what you can find."

She starts to make a sweeping gesture toward the ravenous flash blob, but thinks better of it.

"If you want to support yourself around here and if you can hold your own then one quick trip out into the darker corners with some friends can yield unimaginable treasure! I'm sure you remember all the crazy stuff we found on that road trip."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    True. Even Hy never seen hennyddink like dis, vell, noddink dat zum mad scientist didn' kook up. Looks like a goot fight tough. Nimrod says, gleefully watched the brewing conflict. Betcha both uf hyu are too kowardly to fight each odder! He shouts at the orcs, before a thought strikes him. He turns back to Jasmine, looking a bit sheepish. Um, hyu do like vatchink fights, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    The elf steps back once he has shook Nimrod's hand. He once again leans against thin air and listens to their conversation. When Jasmine points out things that only existed in fiction, he waves a hand. He's fictional!

He glares at the orks. He hates orks, and actually looks like he approves of Nimrod trying to create a fight between them and the orcs.
    "Not really actually." If what she's read about orks and orcs transfers over to here, and she suspects it does, she should be ducking for cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    The orc merriment comes to a screeching halt. Five orcs turn towards their space versions, and scowl. One finally speaks.

"We da Orcs of Skullcrusha Mountain! Is dat enuf fer you oavz, or are weh gonna havta break 'eads to tell ya how tuff we are?"

Kybin sighs. Head breaking was inevitable. He considered stepping in, but decided that he should not bother until he really had to make a point.

So, maybe two minutes. Five tops.

(What are your Boyz equipped with? Mine are linked in my sig.)
    ((Hm, I too have a link in my character list, but I've yet to add general equipment. Let's say they all have thick armour made of rough, metal plates. Each plate is painted a bright red. They are all equipped with choppaz, save for the one who spoke up first. He has buzz saw slung over his shoulder, as well as thinker, better covering armour with a large gob. Just having the words "rather expendable" in you character sheet makes me fear for the orcs. >.>))

The boyz laugh uproariously. These runts think they can stand before the orkz? They must already be drunk.

The first spokes-ork stands up. He's bigger than the others, might be a nob. "Ya gitz make me laugh. Why don ya try?" He laughs again, his boyz joining in again.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

Vasquez snorts and rolls her eyes as well before standing and tossing a few coins onto the bar. "Whatever." She says before turning her back to Gus and walking out, knife sliding into her hand as she does so, just in case he got any more foolish ideas.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Troll in the Playground

Gus might have a foolish idea or two, but no way he's up to carrying them out right now. He sits and watches Vasquez leave, then, after finishing his bottle, goes to the bar and orders another and takes it upstairs with his bucket of ice.

Hurts too much to walk home. >.<
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #758
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh... Nimrod scratches his head, feeling a tiiiny bit guilty over making things worse. Tell hyu vat. Hy'll go und see if Hy kan end de fightink henny faster, chust for hyu. Promise not to run onless hyu absolutely hef to? He offers, the last bit a hopeful request. He really hates it when the pretty women all run once a fight starts.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Dwarf in the Playground

((If what I've heard is true, these generic orcs are toast against some tough orks. I have a Boss in my mob, too. Aught to update that.))

"Well, den, come on!"

The orcs rise from their chairs. They ready their sheilds, and brandish their choppas. One begins to push chairs out of the way--

"STOP"

Kybin is standing, and his glare implies a scowl.

"If you all *must* get into a brawl, I think you all might agree that it would be pertinent to do it someplace that can not ban you?"

((What do you say we move this to a red zone of inside?))

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

((Oh yes. Orks are generally bigger, meaner, and tougher than any generic orks. For reference.
    Spoiler
    Show

And this klan likes their heavy armour. 'Course, a brawl doesn't necessarily involve weapons.))

Push chairs out of the way? The orks have already smashed a couple chairs. They really know how to get into a brawl.

The orks do stop when Kybin shouts. Only to snicker at the orcs more however. "You lot listen ta a oomy?" There's a pause and then, bellowing laughter. "Are ya sure yer orkz? More like oomiez dat tripped in sum green paint."

The orks are long since used to being tossed from Trog's. They inspect it, in fact. It's earned Zee a healthy respect among them.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? They look like they'd smash you first and ask questions later." No offence to him, but there are a lot of them. He could be rather powerful and still be in trouble.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-06-28 at 10:04 PM.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

The fleshy devil thing finishes drinking, for now. Now it starts wandering towards the kitchen....

12. - Top - End - #762
    Dwarf in the Playground

The orcs turn to their leader.
    He simply stands there.

"They take orders from me for two reasons:"
    "One: I know how to lead. I have led them to victory. On the front lines, in fact."
    "Two: They can't beat me. I was called a "Umie" a lot. They don't call me that anymore. Now they, and many others, call me Lord."

"I am Lord Kybin, of Skullcrusher mountain. If you think you can succeed where many others--many others much bigger than you--failed, you are welcome to try."

The orcs finish moving furniture. Kybin steps into the ring with five heavily armed supersoldiers.

He is not afraid.

"What say you?"

13. - Top - End - #763

...the flesh blob is headed for the kitchen?

Give it about two minutes before it gets set on fire. Trog's kitchen is a dangerous place.

Zee winces at the sound of splintering wood and gives the archer a rather apologetic look. "Sorry... I need to break this up. Hopefully before anything else gets smashed," a pause. "And I mean that it the literally sense. Not the 'I'm going to the bar to get smashed' sense. You know what I mean!"

Hand waving that explains nothing!

The Far Maid heads around the bar and,

"̷̨̛͍̞̮̫͚̠̥̺͓͇̰̣̜̘̺̲̭̔͒̇̀ͣ̍͆́ͅH̷̸͖̠͎̣̰͙̻͐̿͊̔̊ͭ͌̀̀͟ ̳̺͍̳̰͕͕̫̲͍̜E̵̸̪͓͇͓̼̥̰̜͔̙͍̜̬̩̔͑ͨ̀̾͑͛̓͂ͮ̽͋̽̂ͬ͋͞͞ͅY͆̇ ̒̉̋̔͏̶̟͍͕̳̞̪̗̲̭̭̭̬̦̯!̴͔̝̰̭̮͉̩͓͓̭̞̻̜̦ͩͮͮ̐ͨ̊͐̏̄ͣ̿̚͜ͅ ̪"̶̡͙̜̱̞͍̹͙̯͓̰͕͇̗̖̙̀̅͗̿ͪ̅͆ͬ̈́ͣ̐ͣͣ͌͊ͧ̓̍ͧ

Yells at the orks in a voice that shakes the very walls of time. "No fighting in the tavern! Take it outside or I'll throw you outside!"

That might not be as effective as Zee thinks it is. The orkz take bets on who can last the longest before the Far Chimera can hurl them through the door.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2011-06-28 at 10:10 PM.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    "̷̨̛͍̞̮̫͚̠̥̺͓͇̰̣̜̘̺̲̭̔͒̇̀ͣ̍͆́ͅH̷̸͖̠͎̣̰͙̻͐̿͊̔̊ͭ͌̀̀͟ ̳̺͍̳̰͕͕̫̲͍̜E̵̸̪͓͇͓̼̥̰̜͔̙͍̜̬̩̔͑ͨ̀̾͑͛̓͂ͮ̽͋̽̂ͬ͋͞͞ͅY͆̇ ̒̉̋̔͏̶̟͍͕̳̞̪̗̲̭̭̭̬̦̯!̴͔̝̰̭̮͉̩͓͓̭̞̻̜̦ͩͮͮ̐ͨ̊͐̏̄ͣ̿̚͜ͅ ̪"̶̡͙̜̱̞͍̹͙̯͓̰͕͇̗̖̙̀̅͗̿ͪ̅͆ͬ̈́ͣ̐ͣͣ͌͊ͧ̓̍ͧ
    ((How'd you do that? That looks really cool))

15. - Top - End - #765

Don' hyu vorry, pretty vun. Us Jägers are tough. It'll take more ten dem to kill me. Nimrod smiles, flattered by the concern, and reaches into his hat. Against all laws of physics, he somehow withdraws a very fancy, very deadly looking cutlass from the thinking hat, as well as what appears to be a rather bizarre looking pistol. Must have extra-dimensional storage capabilities.

It's quite true what he said, too. Jägers can easily survive having their arms torn off, and generally blood-loss won't kill them till they're literally out of blood. Not that their super-soldier modifications don't have downsides.

He strides towards the orcs, winking at Jasmine over his shoulder, and flicks the power switch on his cutlass. Immediately, the edge of the blade begins to blur, emitting a high pitched buzzing sound as he waits to leap into the fray.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-06-28 at 10:24 PM.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Orc in the Playground

For a moment after Zee responds, Jacob gets an odd look on his face. A pensive one. Certainly not typical of the generally practical-minded archer. But a moment later its gone as he finishes off the rest of his beer in a long pull.

He nods as Zee explains her predicament. "Alright. Just shout if you need any help."

With that he turns to watch the unfolding scene.

Probably all for the best cuz his player is too distracted at the moment to post frequently.
    Last edited by Warpfire; 2011-06-28 at 10:41 PM.
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

The fleshy thing (which is indeed on fire, but it doesn't seem to notice) crawls out of the kitchen. Its odd Baby hasn't interfered, considering it hasn't paid for anything. It seems to just stand in the middle of the room, amidst the Orcs and the Jaeger.
    Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-06-28 at 10:41 PM.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

The orks look between each other. While they generally don't listen to Zee when she tells them not to fight in the bar, staying means she and this guy in the ridiculous hat will probably interfere with the fight. Hard to prove you're stompier when other people might attack them too. Now if they agreed to fight with the orcs that would be better, best just to move.

"Letz go outside an we gonna stomp ya real good." The orks murmur their agreement. They'll head outside if the orcs do. To the slums!

Meanwhile Jasmine watches from the bar. She's caught on to the fact that Nimrod is coming onto her and she's not sure what to think about that. It's flattering at least.

19. - Top - End - #769

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    "Nozipho...?" Zee echos the name, rolling it around in her mind a bit. Then simply shakes her head. "Haven't ever heard of him. But I guess that isn't too surprising. There are plenty of different gods from different worlds that people worship here."

So many gods.

Zee plops down on a stool, spinning a few times before coming to a slow stop.

"Maybe you can tell me about him? I'm really interested in the things that Flatlanders worship. It's a very fascinating subject!"

Flatlanders?

Huh.

Wonder what she means by that.
    "He is one of the many gods who sculpt the lands and the creatures which inhabit them. In mere moments he achieves tasks all my brothers and I could not in a year. He teaches us much about crafts, and magic, and the world." Zwide responds after crawling out of deadtime.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Dwarf in the Playground

The orcs and orks go to the slums. Unfortunately, the group of orcs is ambushed by a number of deadtime slimes, and the fight is stalled.

((Can we pick this up tomorrow in inside? It's suddenly bedtime.))

21. - Top - End - #771

((Zalgo text. Good for mind-shattering cosmic horror talk. Pretty easy to find a converter.))

Zee lets out a slow sigh as the orks and orcs file out of the tavern. Hooo... That was close. While she really wasn't worried that she wouldn't be able to force them out it would still result in a whole lot of damage and very possibly people getting hurt.

And that would be terrible!

She heads back behind the bar with a wry smile.

"That went better than I thought it would! I-"

A pause as she notices the flesh thing.

...that's on fire.

Zee prods at it experimentally with a mop.

"...that's neat..."
    Zee replies somewhat absently as she tries to figure out what the blob thing is and whether or not it's safe to try to extinguish it. "Ummm..." she shakes her head, gaze settling on the froggy looking guy again. At least he seems to have the complexion of one. "Are you sure that he's a god? I mean... what does he do that's god-like?"

She's really hoping some douche of a wizard isn't manipulating this guy's people.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal shrugs. Eh, you never know.
    "Maybe I'll catch up with her later and see what's up."
    Quinn shrugs.
    Noms a Trogtilla chip.
    OM NOM NOM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

23. - Top - End - #773

Ridiculous hat? Ridiculous hat!? Those orks are reeeaaally lucky Nimrod can't read narration text.

As it is, he smirks, reassured that he's still the meaneat Jäger who ever lived. After all, the orks took one look at him and ran. Inwardly though, he's a little relieved. He's been acting a bit too much like a Jäger recently, no matter how much he insisted it was all an act, and just walking into a fight, against ten very scary looking opponents, even to impress a girl? That's a bad sign.

Still, he wears a grin as he deactivates his saw-cutlass and stores it in the thinking hat, before walking back over to Jasmine. See, no problem. Hy chust scared dem uff. Almost too easy.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-06-28 at 11:00 PM.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

As the flesh thing is prodded, it makes an odd hissing sound. Despite being as mindless as a roach, it seems displeased by the poking. It'll lash out with (strangely sharp) jello-like claws. They probably won't kill, but if they hit, it will likely hurt. Once she stops poking it, it will stop swiping back at her.

((And thanks for that little bit of information! ))
    Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-06-28 at 11:02 PM.

25. - Top - End - #775

Zwide looks quizzically at Zee "What does he do that isn't god-like? Our island is constantly changing, new land rises from the sea, new hills rise from the land. Trees tower in what was a clearing moments ago, and in them live creatures we have never seen before. All created by Him, just as Andile was."
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

26. - Top - End - #776

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "Maybe I'll catch up with her later and see what's up."
    Quinn shrugs.
    Noms a Trogtilla chip.
    OM NOM NOM.
    Well, if you really want to, we could go know. I don't mind.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

27. - Top - End - #777

Zee jumps back a bit when the ooze claws at her.

Weird creepy thing...

But... It doesn't seem to be trying to actually attack anyone. Probably best to just leave it alone. Though if it starts to get hostile... Well... being on fire will be the least of its worries.

With a bit of a sigh she glances back at Zwide, mop in hands.

Tendrils of opalescent white power snake from her frame and writhe into the mop, which she strikes soundly against the floor. Where the mop stands fast. Roots begin to grow from the base as the simple wooden handle swells and expands, branches pushing out of its flanks and emerald leaves unfurling.

Within a few moments a small tree stands where there was once a dirty old worn out cleaning tool.

Zee smiles cheerfully.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Orc in the Playground

Jacob pauses in the act of lighting a cigar as the mop is transformed.

"Neat trick," he comments, then finishes up and takes a long drag.
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Ridiculous hat? Ridiculous hat!? Those orks are reeeaaally lucky Nimrod can't read narration text.

As it is, he smirks, reassured that he's still the meaneat Jäger who ever lived. After all, the orks took one look at him and ran. Inwardly though, he's a little relieved. He's been acting a bit too much like a Jäger recently, no matter how much he insisted it was all an act, and just walking into a fight, against ten very scary looking opponents, even to impress a girl? That's a bad sign.

Still, he wears a grin as he deactivates his saw-cutlass and stores it in the thinking hat, before walking back over to Jasmine. See, no problem. Hy chust scared dem uff. Almost too easy.
    Jasmine gives him a skeptical look. "Looks like they were already leaving." She comments jokingly. She's flailing internally, however.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Well, if you really want to, we could go know. I don't mind.
    "Nah. I'm not that curious." Quinn chuckles.
    Besides, is KK even on?

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items