New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXXXIV

The Operative looks at M'kota during her speech. She might be feeling a very cold stare coming from the masked specter. Without a word, he makes an attempt to telekinetically pull away any weapons she has. If only for a bit of amusement.

But then Rahlus comes to the table. The Operative nods. "It was slightly more difficult than usual, but I'd say I got something of an insight into how the governments here work."

"Now, stop me if I'm incorrect, but you wanted to know who is most influential in the Nexus. The answer is nobody. The closest it has to a unified government is Remnant, ruled by a council."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2011-07-04 at 11:29 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1202

Zee remains silent whilst the Klingon wanders around and talks with a few people. Giggles slightly when Harnel is compared to a demon of some kind.

Not terribly surprising, honestly.

As M'kota departs Zee grins a rather wide grin.

"Wow. She has noooo idea what she's getting into. Bet she won't even be able to contact her home Empire from here."

The Nexus is often times stubborn like that.

Silly Nexus.

Attention is then turned to the half dragon.

"Umm... What did you need to talk to me about?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Welll.... If I lose, you get a motorcycle. If I win, I get a kiss. Jasper says, after a moments thought.
    "You're on. Though I don't think this bet is very fair." Legion says, glancing toward the approaching server. Once her Zinfandel is set down, she likely takes a little sip, studying Jasper with those bright blue eyes over the rim of the glass.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-07-04 at 11:34 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Pixie in the Playground

Rahlus nods.

"You are partially correct, while i did indeed wan't to learn of the leaderships identity, more important to me was to learn of their goals, objectives, power, and public perception. Though from what i gather that last one is virtually non-existent."

He is disgusted, the seat of power should never be concealed in shadow, it needed to be available to all the people's scrutiny, although not necessarily their will. That would be ridiculous. He was right in thinking this place needed the kind of structure he could offer.
    Last edited by Logician; 2011-07-04 at 11:39 PM.
    Thanks PersonalSavior for the psuedodragon avatar.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, the big thing I wanted to talk to you about was that genetic manipulation thing you do. See, I've sort of been thinking about what t would be like to become a true dragon, and as such I wanted to talk to explore the different options I might have in getting to that goal. One's the wish shop, and You were my next stop. I would, of course, compensate you for the trouble."

"Also, It's nice to just get a drink every once in a while. Would I be able to get a Dragon Liver Buster? I haven't tried that one yet, despite what I am."
    He raises a hand to where he inevitably already has the drink he ordered
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-07-04 at 11:39 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

6. - Top - End - #1206

"Unfortunately for your intents - diplomatic, I'm sure - I could not get into an actual meeting of theirs. I therefore cannot give you identity or goals at this time. What I do know, is that there is a member from each of the organizations in the council." The Operative gives a shrug. He was good, but some things took time and planning. He didn't have either.

"As for power, I can tell you a little more. Remnant has a hold over the town of Inside. Assumedly, over the organizations as well. Other than that, however, they have very little presence."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2011-07-04 at 11:39 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "You're on. Though I don't think this bet is very fair." Legion says, glancing toward the approaching server. Once her Zinfandel is set down, she likely takes a little sip, studying Jasper with those bright blue eyes over the rim of the glass.
    You want me to drink two DLBs? Jasper says, incredulous. Picking his drink up, he takes a taste. Eep. They don't brew this stuff to taste good. But I've had worse..... Whiiiich isn't saying much, considering I once drank boot liquor. Exactly what it sounds like, unfortunately, tasted like boiled leather and dead cat. He shudders slightly, although his tone is joking, as always.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril narrows his eyes at Harnel. "If you aren't happy with who you are now, changing your form isn't going to do a damned thing for you." the drow decides.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Pixie in the Playground

Rahlus nods again.

"Thank you for your services, if you decide to continue in this effort this makes as good a meeting place as any, do you wish to?"

10. - Top - End - #1210

The Operative doesn't respond at first. Rahlus may find the stare he gets to be completely unchanged. It takes a few seconds, but then:

"I have had no other offers so far, so I shall continue for now. However, I would suggest you find a less... public place for meeting with a spy."

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Pixie in the Playground

"Of course." Rahlus says, feeling foolish. "I plan on having a base set up within a few days, my normal method would allow one to access my created domain with not but the willpower to arrive there... Can you generate willpower?" Rahlus asks, tilting his head slightly.

"If not other arrangments can be made."

12. - Top - End - #1212

You want me to drink two DLBs? Jasper says, incredulous. Picking his drink up, he takes a taste. Eep. They don't brew this stuff to taste good. But I've had worse..... Whiiiich isn't saying much, considering I once drank boot liquor. Exactly what it sounds like, unfortunately, tasted like boiled leather and dead cat. He shudders slightly, although his tone is joking, as always.
    "You are so weird." Legion says with a giggle, setting her glass down but keeping a hand on it. "I dunno, though. I wouldn't get drunk if I didn't like the taste of it. Of course, given where you're from, I imagine you just wanted the 'drunk' part."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #1213

Actually...

Zee just blinks.

Then shrugs.

Then heads behind the counter and fetches Harnel's drink in the more traditional fashion. It'll be handed to him along with a liability waver as a napkin to set it on.

She opens her mouth to reply.

Then closes it again.

Considers for a moment longer... "I've seen plenty of different red dragons so I have a good feel for what parts of their genome are invariant. Same for humans. But what I've seen of all half dragons so far... You, like they, are all genetically human. Well... except the ones that didn't have a human parent. They're whatever their not dragon parent was... But anyway! Near as I can tell the dragon-ness is all expressed through some sort of weird magical dragon essence thing. It's really weird."

And an eldritch abomination saying something is weird?

Take her word for it.

"If I mutated you into a dragon the best I could do is extrapolate based on your bio-chemical make-up. Your dragon body wouldn't be in any way related to your present one."

A beat.

"Oh! And red dragon brain chemistry is such that they're predisposed to aggression and destructive behavior. If I did this I'm guessing you would want me to modify that?"

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ogre in the Playground

"I believe the mind makes one who they are. So, no, I wouldn't want my personality changed."

"That said, this is only speculation right now - I'm going to be waiting until after my wedding to make any definite plans" He gives Raril a look along the lines of 'I didn't ask you for your opinion'. It's not an aggressive gesture, but it shows that the comment wasn't appreciated.

"My grandmother is going to be coming to the Nexus soon. Would that help with this whole deal? Give you another example to work with?"

15. - Top - End - #1215

"I do not feel willpower. Or anything else, really," the Operative replies. "It does give me more than a few advantages, and I would imagine it gives me a certain leverage with your domain."

16. - Top - End - #1216

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "You are so weird." Legion says with a giggle, setting her glass down but keeping a hand on it. "I dunno, though. I wouldn't get drunk if I didn't like the taste of it. Of course, given where you're from, I imagine you just wanted the 'drunk' part."
    Actually, was just testing the alcohol content. Used it to torch a scarecrow a few hours later. Admittedly, I drank a liiiitle more than necessary, but I had been sober for a week and anything's better than that. Jasper grins, and chugs down the Dragon Liver Buster in one gulp. Whoah. I mean, wow. Think all the alcohol was at the bottom. He says, putting the glass down on the table and shaking his head rapidly.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Pixie in the Playground

Rahlus shrugs.

"I won't lie, normally in a constructed domain I would have some power over visitors that were unlike you, and you would likely be in little danger should you wander outside my immediate construct and into chaotic emotive space, very much unlike a normal human."

"And as for your access the only other options would be to ask around for me so that I may find you and take you there or to force or trick someone else who does feel emotion into taking you there with them, once again by willing themselves to me and in that case with you in physical contact with them. Although I do not condone abusive methods for this purpose."

"If neither of those suit you we could also just arrange to meet else were."

18. - Top - End - #1218

Zee sticks her tongue out at the half dragon. "You misunderstand. Your brain right now is a mix of both human and dragon elements. Though it's mostly human with a few minor variations."

She cups her hands in the air. Roughly the size of a human brain. And then spreads them waaaaaaaay out.

"If I turned you into a red dragon then you would have a red dragon brain. You would think like a red dragon. You would feel like a red dragon. You would behave like a red dragon that happens to have your memories,"
    Zee explains. "Without careful modification of the norm for a red dragon your personality would probably change drastically. This is no simple polymorph spell. I would actually be modifying you at the most fundamental level possible."

She crosses her arms over her chest and huffs slightly.

"Meeting a draconic relative would help, yeah. It would still be conjecture on my part, though."

19. - Top - End - #1219

"I am a spirit," the Operative muses. "Perhaps I can possess somebody and bring them along. It would be forceful, but there'd be no need for violence. In fact, that gives me other ideas..."

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel's brow furrows at that. That's not something he wants to hear. His personality is what makes him who he is!

"Do you... think you'd be able to manage that? Or would it be too difficult? The wish shop may end up being the best choice if that's going to be a problem."

21. - Top - End - #1221

Faxe is bored but the others seem to be in some discussion and he isn t sure about what. He will end his game and then his schadow copy stands up and goea for another NukeCola.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

22. - Top - End - #1222

Actually, was just testing the alcohol content. Used it to torch a scarecrow a few hours later. Admittedly, I drank a liiiitle more than necessary, but I had been sober for a week and anything's better than that. Jasper grins, and chugs down the Dragon Liver Buster in one gulp. Whoah. I mean, wow. Think all the alcohol was at the bottom. He says, putting the glass down on the table and shaking his head rapidly.
    "Uh-huh." Legion says amusedly, taking another sip of her own drink. Though her eyebrows raise when he drinks the whole thing at once. "Guess so. Feeling drunk?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #1223

Nope. Here, watch. Taking a few steps back from the table, Jasper pulls his lucky coin from his pocket and flicks it at the empty glass. The coin bounces of the table, bounces again on the edge of the glass, and is just about to land squarely in the empty mug when it vanishes. Uhhh... Mary? Please tell me the coin actually disappeared, and I'm not hallucinating.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Pixie in the Playground

"I'll trust your judgement. Is there anything else to discuss?" He asks.

~ I'll later add a area to Home called Rahlus' Tower. This will be the discussed point.
    Last edited by Logician; 2011-07-05 at 12:26 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

The door opens. This is a very rare occurence, usually doors need to be opened and when they open by themselves it's a rather disconcerting event. Even in Nexus. Plum eyes the self-opening door curiously and hesitates to enter. Eventually, she enters, still rather slowly. Her brain is torn: It's rather scary to enter an establishment with self-opening doors on one hand. On the other hand, if the door went through the trouble of opening itself she can't just leave it there, can she? That would be rude. And you can't be rude to doors, you just can't. Unless they slam themselves in your face. But that's an even rarer occurence.

After entering the Tavern, she approaches the bar. Since she doesn't drink, she orders a light non-alcoholic beverage and whispers a "Thank you" to whoever takes the order.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2011-07-05 at 12:30 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1226

"I do not believe so. I shall attempt to get into a council meeting, and infiltrate each organization. Until then, we part ways."

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

A very short distance away from Plum, a tiny white mouse is gnawing on a bit of cheese on a plate. Looks to be sharp cheddar.
    Maybe Zee gave it, or one of the other 'tenders, who knows?

Doesn't matter too much.

It peers at Plum after a few moments, nibbling a bit of cheese.
    After a moment later, it offers a little wave, after sitting on its hind-legs.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Plum looks at the mouse. She peers at it for a moment. Realizes it's waving. She considers waving back, but that would be odd. It's a mouse after all. Then she considers not paying attention, but that would be rude. It might not be a door, but it's still a mouse. After careful consideration of all possibilities, she decides to scream.

"YAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

The mouse's little hand is drawn back almost hesitantly, while its ears twitch and what is likely a wince crosses its face.
    Screaming...not pleasant.

A soothing sensation wafts out from the mouse, towards Plum, trying to calm her in case she's scared.
    If not, there should be no harm.
    "Please don't do that..."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

30. - Top - End - #1230

Nope. Here, watch. Taking a few steps back from the table, Jasper pulls his lucky coin from his pocket and flicks it at the empty glass. The coin bounces of the table, bounces again on the edge of the glass, and is just about to land squarely in the empty mug when it vanishes. Uhhh... Mary? Please tell me the coin actually disappeared, and I'm not hallucinating.
    "Was that supposed to happen?" Legion says, looking at the empty glass. The Lady leans forward to look. "Your artifacts are weirder than mine."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters