New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Vote Up A Campaign Setting 2 (Now Voting: PC Races!)

Quote Originally Posted by akma View Post
    I chose the Vari, even that I think I`m likely to regret that. I don`t want a redo of the 4 classical elements, and I have a suggestion: NO SET NUMBER OF ELEMENTS. So there could be dozens of subtypes of Vari*, representing elements like fire, acid, movement, emotion, growth, etc. There could also be arguments about which elements the world is realy composed of.
    This is really intriguing; I like the possibility of disputes between the Vari determining what the Inner Planes will become. Even if the Build Team doesn't go down this path, it'll be fun to see how they make something compellingly different from the Sabi.

Vari gets a vote.

Mygalos sound totally adorable, even though they'll likely end up terrifying.

Gnomes, because it's a very high magic setting and they're the only PHB race with innate SLAs, because a young setting can help them get away from steampunk, towards cthonic fey.

Sahuagin as protagonists sounds pretty cool, and to me at least, an amphibious race communicates a primordial feel even more so than an insect, plant, terrestrial reptilian, or elemental race.

Grimlock. A blind creature in a verdant, colourful paradise makes for great roleplaying material. Or annoying, angsty RP material, but the reward is worth the risk. They also fill the strong warrior niche.

Arboreal, not that it needs the vote.
    Someday I'll have my anxiety under control, but until then, I'm prone to sudden month-long disappearances.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Violet Octopus View Post
    This is really intriguing; I like the possibility of disputes between the Vari determining what the Inner Planes will become. Even if the Build Team doesn't go down this path, it'll be fun to see how they make something compellingly different from the Sabi.
    Don't worry, we'll make sure to...

...Vari things up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Go to your room.
    Editor and playtester for Legend.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

And we're tallied!
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Barbarian in the Playground

If trogs, lizardfolk and sahaugin merged we might have a chance to see a reptilian as a PC Race.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Othniel Edden View Post
    If trogs, lizardfolk and sahaugin merged we might have a chance to see a reptilian as a PC Race.
    Again, look to the previous VUACS result, Hourglass of Zihaja, which featured two reptilian PC races - our awesome agamid Kobolds and wise druidic Lizardfolk.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Sahaugin are Amphibious, you know, like frogs and salamanders? So it would be Lizardfolk and Trogs.

8. - Top - End - #428

Quote Originally Posted by Thesbian View Post
    Sahaugin are Amphibious, you know, like frogs and salamanders? So it would be Lizardfolk and Trogs.
    Sahaugin are describe as amphibious reptiles, at least from what I've read and seen.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGirl

My six are:
    Animus
    arboreal
    gnome
    niebla
    sahuagin
    vari

"What are we without honor, or friends?"
    Mistress of *Squee*
    Write now.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ettin in the Playground

This setting should be very interesting, as it looks like it will mostly be populated by entirely new races. This is a great opportunity for the Build Team to focus on new & intriguing racial mechanics. A fresh approach to races may prove just as exciting as the setting itself.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    This setting should be very interesting, as it looks like it will mostly be populated by entirely new races. This is a great opportunity for the Build Team to focus on new & intriguing racial mechanics. A fresh approach to races may prove just as exciting as the setting itself.
    As was mentioned before, humans are automatically in and the build team will likely add some races as well. That doesn't mean that we cannot introduce fresh mechanics, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some core races as well.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Banned

I hope humans aren't in Estrus again.

13. - Top - End - #433

First thing First:
    Dwarves: Dwarves are one of my favorite Races and I feel they deserve a place in every Universe

Eldren: I furter Enjoy Fey, and find that a setting like this, a new world, high on Magic is going to need some strangeness in it.

Animus: Okay, this just embodies the Strangeness that felt appropriate for this setting, and is a very imaginative concept really.

Paraiso: This Race fits very well into the Garden World Set Up even wthout the high magical aspect. They are a good aspect of Natures Beauty in Bird Form.

Sahuagin: Now, Here we find a race that could easily embody the cruelty of nature. Savage Hunters and recluses, swimming in their underwater cities, hunting all those who step too deep in their waters. Turned into a Not Horrible Monster Player Race will be very interesting.

Arthrons: Well, At this point, I can't think of anything else, and I am a fan of insectoid races, mainly because there's about None in most published campaign settings (that I know of) and feel as if they'd be interesting.
    Check out the Hansbachman Blog, it's a cure for all of your ills!
    It's Grade A, Top Notch, and One of a Kind!
    All natural, Backwards Compatible and Moving Forward with the times.
    We're off-brand, off-tempo, and on point, with an ear to the ground, finger on the pulse, and hand on the trigger.
    We're on the beat like Ginsberg, hyper-aware and hyper-active.
    Running on multi-actuated heavy duty pistons with a pistol grip.

Thanks to Dashwood for the Extravagant Avatar

14. - Top - End - #434

I'm changing one of my votes from Arboreals (since they have plenty of support) to Dwarves (because I don't want some of the contested races to get in)
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Thread won! I don't think I have the authority to do that but whatever

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ExtravagantEvil View Post
    B]Arthrons[/B]: Well, At this point, I can't think of anything else, and I am a fan of insectoid races, mainly because there's about None in most published campaign settings (that I know of) and feel as if they'd be interesting.
    *cough* Thri-kreen *cough*
    Last edited by InaVegt; 2011-06-23 at 08:58 AM.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    Oh, behave.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Firbolg in the Playground

I have it on good authority [censored] and then you combine the gerbil with [censored] unless, y'know, [static] v-v-v-v-void palm [static].

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by akma View Post
    I chose the Vari, even that I think I`m likely to regret that. I don`t want a redo of the 4 classical elements, and I have a suggestion: NO SET NUMBER OF ELEMENTS. So there could be dozens of subtypes of Vari*, representing elements like fire, acid, movement, emotion, growth, etc. There could also be arguments about which elements the world is realy composed of.

*Some groupings could be generalized. For exemple, energy based Varis.
    This. This is one MAJOR reason why I want the Vari to be in the top 6 alongside Proteans: the wide possibility range.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesbian View Post
    Mermaids are also amphibious.

"Amphibian" in DnD moreso refers to the quality of being able to breathe both water and air rather than the animal class.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

19. - Top - End - #439
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    I have it on good authority [censored] and then you combine the gerbil with [censored] unless, y'know, [static] v-v-v-v-void palm [static].
    [Message redacted enjoy VUACS]

20. - Top - End - #440

If arthrons and mygalos merged, we might have a chance of an insectoid (or arachnoid) race!

Come on people, vote mygalo! Pull them up into the top six! If you didn't vote already, change one of your votes from Paraiso, Eldren, Arboreal, or Animus (which are all pretty safe anyway) to Mygalo!
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InaVegt View Post
    *cough* Thri-kreen *cough*
    Those aren't insectoids, those are murderoids. Come on, Ina.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

[Message redacted enjoy VUACS]
    Ah, much better.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Orc in the Playground

I would like to change one of my votes from Elf to Mygalo. Thanks!

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Duly changed.

Polls close late this evening, so if anyone's still on the fence you'd best get your votes in now.

25. - Top - End - #445

I'll change my vote from Niebla to Arthron.

Niebla are an ok concept, but I think they're superfluous in a world that also has Animus (which seems pretty safe at this point) and Proteans (which are looking like they'll squeeze in).

I wish I could double-vote Mygalo, or cast an anti-vote for Dwarves or Eldren.
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Protean

Vari

Eldren

Arthron

Mygalo

that is all...

27. - Top - End - #447

Question Re: Vote Up A Campaign Setting 2 (Now Voting: PC Races!)

Right, fence jumping time then.

Remove one vote for Eldren (Doing quite well, prefer Protean)
    Add one vote for Protean (thank you Veyr)

Also- I hereby call to meeting the Reptilian-Ersatz-LizardThing foundation!

I quite like the idea of a Reptilian-Ersatz-LizardThing in our/The build team`s/Afro`s Genesis Garden, and from the votes it seems other do also. However, going by current votes, it is pumpernickel we will actually get one, due to the division of votes.

Woe betide one who attempts to predict the might of Power, but judging from the buildteam`s comments they may draw in other races not voted for, and are unlikely to bring in another reptilian race themselves, as they played large parts in the last VUAC. As such, I believe it would be sensible to vote for only one reptilian race- and am therefore willing to change my votes from Sahauguin and Troglodyte- But I have no idea what to vote for. I would like to vote for a reptilian/ersatz reptilian, but am not sure of the efficacy of such a procedure.

Anyone got any ideas? I honestly do not know where to put those two votes and am open to suggestions and further racial information, knowing very little about almost all non-4e-core races, . More is my shame
    Last edited by BLUESKY; 2011-06-23 at 02:09 PM.
    Please PEACH my 4e campaign setting - http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...8#post11306498Honestly, any form of feedback would be apprecitated at this point

28. - Top - End - #448

Quote Originally Posted by Mithosaurion View Post
    Protean

Vari

Eldren

Arthron

Mygalo

that is all...
    Thank you for replying. Please bold your votes so they are easier to notice for those tallying them.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BLUESKY View Post
    judging from the buildteam`s comments they may draw in other races not voted for, and are unlikely to bring in another reptilian race themselves, as they played large parts in the last VUAC.
    Well, specifically lizardfolk. They will not be considered for the add-in, though I assure you the race itself will more than likely appear in its monstery capacity in-setting. Lizardfolk as a PC race was just done, and barring a voted-in win I won't be repeating that one. Note also that I discourage that, too, though I won't block it.

Also, tallied.

30. - Top - End - #450

Thanks for the Clarification Afro!

From the way you had phrased it earlier it looked as if there would be no Lizard-folk-men at all, unless they were overwhelmingly voted in as a player race. If they have some presence, even as a monster, they can be homebrewed up into a PC at DM discretion, and I`m fine with that, it makes a great deal of sense, especially with the Lizards from last time...

As such, it seems as if the (new) races would be unlikely to be placed in as monsters, and harder to homebrew in if so, especially if they are not included in the fluff. Would this be the case ? If so, I may switch my Troglodyte vote to vari. I am as yet undecided however.
    Last edited by BLUESKY; 2011-06-23 at 02:35 PM.
    Please PEACH my 4e campaign setting - http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...8#post11306498Honestly, any form of feedback would be apprecitated at this point