New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: AVB - Ishmael Mk II

He smiles immidiatetly feeling better about not having to hide his true identity or being someone else.

"Well I would say so far so good... Two Jacks down, many more to go... I have some new info to share and I also need two things..." he says as he leans against the wall.

He spends some time retelling what he has learned from the two Jacks he caught, as in the info about more Jacks, the warehouse and the Jack organisation.

"The final call is the Chief's off course but my suggestion is that when the time comes we have to attack more than just Aunties. If we have the numbers we cant afford to hit only one place as they are bound to have escape methods taking them to their other safe houses. So far we know the house in Scale Street, the Slavers Den, The Warehouse and the Spa. Pretty good for someone doing it on his own no?" he says smuggly.

"In any case thats not what exactly I needed. The first and simpler is if we can ask someone with even a sliver of magical ability to use this wand on me... it helps me power up that ability that I used on the Nose..." he says and pauses to hear his response.

"Now the second is something tougher. It involves what I told the Chief about my meeting with the Dayman. I have completed the task he gave to my persona but I admit this is something that worries me. If the Dayman knows I was not really who I said I am then I am dead meat. There is half a dozen Jacks there AND possibly the Dayman... What I need is if we can get some more info on my persona. I knew the name, the way he looks and his position but I am one man... I need to somehow find out more details and as he is dead I cant really..." he says pausing but not done yet.

"And well... backup. I dont expect other skulks to get sacrificed for me but I would like a distraction so that I can escape if things go south. Keep in mind this must be a few days before the attack... so perhaps tomorrow evening or something. The idea is that if the Dayman approves me perhaps I will find out more or might already be on the inside when the time to strike comes. With the Nose dead it means that if I am sent at Aunties by the Dayman I doubt they will check me out that much especially if scent is out..." he finishes.

Spoiler
    Show

Because of how complex my plotlines end up being I can give you on OOC level my plans and concepts as well as what I plan to do so you can prepare... if you want off course and if you think its better for you that way :D

AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    yeah, give it to me ooc. I have 13 characters running around in my head. I need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #93

Spoiler
    Show

Well as above.

Current plan and timeline (as Ishmael sees it).

Events that have particular time line.

In 2 days the Banker meets the Toe. I plan to attack the Toe and kill him but hide the body. The Toe has been seen looking for a fast horse and asking questions about nearby cities. The Banker has agreed to set up small fake accounts in another Aldhaven bank under the name/identity of the Toe and have a colleague of his from another city confirm a large transfer should he be questioned. After killing the Toe I take the horse as him and leave the city. If/when the Jacks go back to the Banker he will tell them he has paid them many times over including a "20000 gold last payment". This off course IF the Jacks can handle such business after the skulk attack.

In 5 days there is the attack against the Jacks. My suggestion to the Chief is that we attack all locations at the same time. My role depends on how the next point goes.

In 3 days (so before the Toe is obviously missing) I plan to go to the Scale Street place where the Dayman asked the "demi-Jack associate" to bring the necklase to prove he is a full Jack. I ask the skulks to give me info on this persona if they can find it until then and also I ask them to have my back when I go to the Dayman. I am not asking that they attack but that if things go bad they try and get me out.

In 4 days (assuming the Jacks have accepted me as a full member for bringing the necklase) I plan to visit the Baron and give him the necklase back so he has 2 days to do whatever he wants.

So to summarise

Day 1 (tomorrow) talk with skulks, gather materials for poisons, Perhaps take care of loose end Red headed Tim.
    Day 2 (day after tomorrow) kill the Toe, fake his running away, make poisons. Visit the Duchess to tell her, her Banker is free!
    Day 3 (two days after tomorrow) finish poisons, short shopping depending on money and go to the Dayman with the Necklase.
    Day 4 (assuming day before has gone well). Go to Baron and give him the necklase.
    Day 5 (Assuming Baron didnt hang me). Attack the Jacks
    Day 6 (If still alive) Congratulate the Skulks, Do a sweep operation for any Jacks I know and will probably not have been around (Last of the red haired brothers), congratulate the Baron for his Anniversary.

Hope this helps :D

All my players are such slow posters... 2 may have even dropped... I pmed them but no answer... and they were the Sad Flint people...

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-07-12 at 05:59 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    well, several new posters have just come down the pipeline. They're all yours. My 13 pc's are just the 13 active ones.

"Yeah we can find someone to help you out with that."

"We're not the ones to ask if you need to continue in the perversion of playing as a dominari. Ask the kobolds. They are our allies. They can help you more than we at that. They also will be the ones who could give you backup if you need it."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #95

Spoiler
    Show

Are they on city streets or do you just mean the new wave making posts about characters in the recruitment thread?

At least from what I see quite a few of your guys do the same quests :D

Ishmael smiles and thanks him.

"I know its weird but realise that this is the risk of going deep undercover... you have to do what you despise..." he said with a grin.

Ishmael follows around to get the wand used on him and recharge his power capacity.

He then smiles and continues his discussion.

"So who do we know from the Kobolds? Who should I talk to and where can I find them? Are we allies or are they subservient... I know they handle Old Town sewers so I guess thats why they also dislike the Jacks etc... I just hope I dont have to deal with getting the gnomes like I heard they occasionally like to eat..." he says making a soft joke.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks for sticking with me despite the complexity... some times I overcomplicate things but I guess it just happened for this character to go deep in cool plotline :D

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

"The Shadow Spider will tell you all you need. He said to get you a meeting with him as soon as you return."

7. - Top - End - #97

"As always I would be honored to see him..." he says and complies. After they are done... wanding he waits to be taken to the Chief of the Skulks.

Spoiler
    Show

I assume he means as soon as I returned from the last thing right?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

He is taken there even before they find the mage to fill up his reserves. "I'll have someone ready by the time you get back."

You are taken into the chief's hall once more. You cannot see anyone in the room but him once more. "So, Ishmael, how goes the quest for total domination?"

9. - Top - End - #99

Ishmael bows without mischief in his eyes or posture. Not only because he has been told of the number of secret guards the man has but also because he really admires the one that unified his people and made them a power to be reckoned with.

"Total Domination? Well... one step at a time sire. For now the Jacks number two less, we have the information about yet another hiding place, a positive ID on the Ear, some more info about their organisation and structure and the fact that they have yet another hub at the Slaver's Den and plans to cause them a fair amount of trouble before then as well... I have kept myself busy and I hope that pleases you..." he says proud to be reporting to someone as important as the Shadow Spider and hoping his news are good news.

He goes into greater detail about his exploits and all details and info he has gathered on the Jacks since last time he was here and he also mentions his plan about the Dayman and his venture in the Scale Street hide out.

"Your nephew suggested I approach the Kobolds for this last part since Old Town is for now theirs and we work together on occassion from what I understand. Perhaps I can get some contacts with them so that I may get some info on the man I killed to infiltrate the Jacks and also some backing if things turn sour... I mean I hope all goes well and I earn a spot as a Jack, better to get info for you and strike from inside when the time comes but though I am capable it would be foolish to expect to take out the Dayman and his cronies on my own..." he repeats with conviction.

"But you had asked to see me first sire. Your needs take priority over my eagerness and plans. What can I do for you today?" he says with a smile.

Spoiler
    Show

I am off to bed... feel free to drown me in requests/paragraphs and information for when I wake up to have things to work with :D

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, actually, I have something I need you to do for me. The kobolds have gotten a job that they'd like us to contract out for them. They were recently promised by the Korps, one of the lesser petty gangs of dominari that they'd help us in the raid if someone assassinates a turncoat of theirs and brings all of his stuff back to them. The bolds aren't sure they can do it that fast, so they've asked us. You're the one I can most trust to do this and not kill one of their people at the drop-off point."

11. - Top - End - #101

Ishmael inclined his head pleased. A real specific assassination contract.

"Sounds simple enough and it should help my credibility with the Kobolds. Eliminate the target and make sure his equipment is returned and do not kill the other person. May I ask if we know anything about the turncoat and also who are the Korps? Will I be meeting with them or with a Kobold contact to get the exact detailed mission brief perhaps?"

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge Local - the Korps (1d20+15)[34]

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    post tomorrow. too tired tonight.

13. - Top - End - #103

Spoiler
    Show

No worries :D I am here, ready and waiting to receive any answers when you think you can handle my amazingness...

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

"The kobolds have all that information. All they told us is that if we send them a hired blade, they'll get the Korps to join us. The Korps is a group of low-level petty criminals loosely organized in a gang. Their biggest gig is smuggling."

Spoiler
    Show
    The Korps is a group of human gangsters that specialize in smuggling and extortion. They were started over 50 years ago. They had quite a bit of influence in the underground before the Jacks, Skulks, and the Imperium Magnus forced them out and off into a single block in the Docks. They're still known as the fastest and most reliable smugglers in the city. Since then, the Imperium fell to the Jacks.

15. - Top - End - #105

Ishmael nods softly and smiles.

"Very well... now that you mention them I had heard something about the Korps when I first investigated the Aldhaven underworld. I guess in the past they were more glorius along with a group called Imperium Magnus though the Magnus joined the Jacks and the Korps was left to rot... I can see why they would care to repay the favor..."

He looks around for a moment.

"Well, I have asked a small thing of your nephew. Other than that the day is still young so if you can tell me where to go and who to talk to and if my behavior should be that of the Big Fish helping out the small or if I should just stick to neutrality and get the job done in, out no complications...?"

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

"With the kobolds, be very diplomatic. They themselves are nearly our equal in current power. We, however, will grow far stronger off the raid and soon won't need them. For now, it's best not to upset them. With the Korps, be sure to impress upon them the power of the gangs they are allied with to ensure they don't decide to turn on us."

17. - Top - End - #107

"By your word Shadow Spider. So I take it someone can take me to the Kobold representative or should I venture under the Old Town Sewers?" he says and waits to be dismissed, taken to someone who will use the wand on him and then head for the meeting place.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

"Go through the sewers and show yourself to be a skulk. They'll take it from there."

19. - Top - End - #109

Not entirely confident about revealing himself so easily he never the less complies with relative glee at the prospect.

He bows and smiles to the Chief before leaving and trying to find his skulk friend. Once the wand is used he heads for the sewers under Old Town without any disguises.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

A triad of kobolds finds him almost immediately. "You the killer the Big Boss demanded?"

21. - Top - End - #111

A bit more confident now that raw magical power is in his veins he inclines his head.

"Well met and yes I am that professional assassin."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

"Then we take you to the Big Boss now, yes?"

23. - Top - End - #113

Ishmael nods and waits to be escorted to said Big Boss.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

He is taken through a series of tunnels that get increasingly narrow, ending in one that's under 4 feet tall.

Beyond is a grotesquely fat kobold munching away on some sort of fried meat. Best to not ask what it is.

"Here's the Big Boss." the kobold guide says. "Be careful to agree with him. He is a dragonwrought."

If he's a dragonwrought, then there must be gluttony dragons.

25. - Top - End - #115

Not actually knowing what a dragonwrought is Ishmael simply nods.

He approaches closer and bows low.

"Well met Big Boss. I am here to bring you salutations from the Skulks and to pay my respects and to off course discuss about the mission."
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-07-14 at 12:28 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

He takes a bit bite as you approach and says with his mouth full of meat, "Oh! Yemph! Thuh Kiwlr. Gog kiwl thot guf."

27. - Top - End - #117

He pauses and waits for a moment selecting when the man has finished chewing.

"Pardon me sire, my hearing is notoriously known for not being that good and the pressure from being underground is playing tricks on me. Could you repeat that?"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

You catch him just as he swallows and he pauses eating long enough to say, "Sure. You're the killer, right? Go kill the guy!" He seems very pleased to see you.

29. - Top - End - #119

Ishmael inclines his head deeply, his own movements are slow and deliberate showing a quiet, calm power which is restrained due to respect.

In reality this is a bit stalling to allow time for the Big Boss to finish his next bite and then half way through the Kobolds chewing he asks.

"Yes sire, I am the assassin. Could you give me some more details? Who is he, what does he look like, where is he staying? I have not yet been told anything about my mark. Any idea on what he is good at and what I might expect or even perhaps what exactly did he do?" he asks patiently as he waits for breaks in the eating.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

"The name he gave the Korps is a fake and probably changed by now. He's a human of average height and build walking around in very expensive magical items. Last we heard, he was staying at a temple to Chantea. All we know of his capabilities is that he killed a smuggler and took the money that he was supposed to deliver. He was supposed to kill the smuggler, but he was also supposed to finish the transaction, not run off with the money."