New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIV: Boots on Hooves / Bikinis on Top

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Seeing multiple Raz_Fox posts on a single page makes me a happy pony. You're a rare find these days.

In other pony news, which of the following crackpot theories do you prefer: Lyra is a pony desperate to become human, or Lyra is the first human-to-Equestria transplant? I haven't advanced a weird idea in a while, might as well float something basic along.
    Hm. What relationship between human world(s) and Equestria? Parallel dimension? Equestria is the past/future of Earth?

Assuming alternate dimension, I like the first one. She is aware of the 4th wall like Pinkie. Where Pinkie sees a fun audience, Lyra sees a world she wants to explore. She longs to be able to use oposable fingers and walk on her hind legs.

She's sorta like the Pony equivalent of Japanophiles who go off the deep end; she can't go to human land, so she's adopted her version of what she thinks human culture is.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

In other pony news, which of the following crackpot theories do you prefer: Lyra is a pony desperate to become human, or Lyra is the first human-to-Equestria transplant? I haven't advanced a weird idea in a while, might as well float something basic along.
    first... and that humanity is a mythical creation from her imagination.

the second would mean there is a vast conspiracy in Equestria that keeps the human race secret. (or atleast one pony that would have known. unless human Lyra somehow performed the transformation herself.... which begs the question, how did she do it? And why did she not share the secret? Or did she? Is Equestria filled with Human-turned-pony Spies?!?!)
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

3. - Top - End - #213

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Oh. One more question.

Does that count adoptive relatives too?
    Absolutely.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh my god.

5 pages while I'm asleep.

HNGGGGGGHHHHHHH.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Hooray! Extra Credits has joined the ponyness!
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

6. - Top - End - #216

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshadow View Post
    Has anyone played this? There is a... twist part of the way through, shall we say.

Friendship is Magic: Story of the Blanks.
    That was creepy as hell. @_@
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seft Sirag View Post
    Hi all! Finally checked out the series about a fortnight ago, and have spent all the time since trying to catch up on the threads here (almost made it in time for the last thread, then spent three days sans-internet, which set me back a tad).

My story is pretty much the usual – saw references cropping up everywhere, tried an episode, just to see what all the fuss was about, became hooked, but don't know why, and now have ponies on the brain - spent a long day at work today thinking about the whole "ponify yourself" thing from several threads ago;
    You sir, have embraced ponysanity in record time. It took me about a forthnight just to go through the five thread the pony madness spawned back then. And you did thirteen.

Quote Originally Posted by Story Time View Post
    Don't mind me. I'm just here to eat some Kettle Corn and watch the show.

When I started reading this thread, it was five pages. When I got here, it was six.
    Embrace the Pink One. It's our official religion.

Seeing multiple Raz_Fox posts on a single page makes me a happy pony. You're a rare find these days.

I'll prefer the first. And it'll make Lyra's action makes sense in context. All the human-esque things she did is merely a manifestation of her desire to be human. Why? I don't know, but I'm sure you ponies can come up with a crazy reason for it.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

... hey wait. Maybe she isn't a human wanna be.

She's a dragonborn (what Spike was in his saving Rarity fantasy) wanna be because
    (drumroll)

SHE IS THE DAUGHTER OF THE PRINCE OF DRAGONBORNS TURNED INTO A PONY.

She instinctively thinks she should be bipedal and have fingers because she SHOULD.

Why was she turned into a pony? A curse? So she could be in hiding after a palace coup? The lulz?

Is she aware of it? I don't know. Maybe the change happened as a baby?

How would Bon Bon respond to this knowledge? I don't know.

Also, I found the image for Equestria Daily when, at some point, I have the third part of the It's Always Sunny trilogy up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-08 at 10:03 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

9. - Top - End - #219

I'm sorry, but I have certain connections due to who I am, and through careful manipulation of those connections, I have learned the truth.

The truth about Lyra is that she is...

Spoiler
    Show
    A duck.

Expect that stunning revelation in Season 2!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have certain connections due to who I am, and through careful manipulation of those connections, I have learned the truth.

The truth about Lyra is that she is...

Spoiler
    Show
    A duck.

Expect that stunning revelation in Season 2!
    That was Jossed.

Spoiler
    Show
    She's three ducks in a complex, animatronic suit.

Also, for the curious, he's the Equestria Daily image I have set up for Semper Fidelis.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-08 at 10:11 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    That was Jossed.

Spoiler
    Show
    She's three ducks in a complex, animatronic suit.
    Damn you, Bobcat! You've trumped me once again! But someday, someday I will have my revenge!

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Damn you, Bobcat! You've trumped me once again! But someday, someday I will have my revenge!
    Hm. Hopefully you and Thanqol don't team up.

You could be a legion... with the goal of doom. Yes.. a legion... causes doom...

The name practically writes itself! Guns and Roses!
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-08 at 10:13 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

The Other Six. Now in a spin-off series of MLP:FiM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-07-08 at 10:17 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Replace Octavia with Carrot Top and I fully agree with that show.

Not that I dislike Octavia. She's just not from Ponyville like the rest and Carrot Top's practically Derpy's room mate in canon.

Also for race balance, maybe make Doctor Whoof his pegasus regeneration.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-08 at 10:21 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

I also vote for the first one, mainly because it leads to scenarios like the following:

*Lyra is staring off into space*
    Penny for your thoughts.
    Wha? Oh, you caught me Bon Bon.
    Yep! *hugs* So what were you thinking about so intently?
    Oh, just...fingers...
    Huh?
    You know, how awesome it would be to have fingers!
    But Lyra, you're a unicorn...you can use magic to pick things up.
    Yeah, but... *stares wistfully at hooves*
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    I also vote for the first one, mainly because it leads to scenarios like the following:

Penny for your thoughts.
    Oh, just...fingers...
    Huh?
    I could do so much with fingers! I could rock out at concerts! Flip ponies the bird when they make me mad! Pet a dog and really give them a good scratch! Just think of the possibilities!

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Penny for your thoughts.
    Oh, just...fingers...
    Huh?
    Plus, I get to use the shotgun on them parasprites. THEY WILL NOT GET MY SAMMICH THIS TIME!

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

I could do so much with fingers! I could rock out at concerts! Flip ponies the bird when they make me mad! Pet a dog and really give them a good scratch! Just think of the possibilities!
    But you're a pony, Lyra. Ponies don't have fingers! Besides, you're a wonderful unicorn and I love you just the way you are!

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm. What relationship between human world(s) and Equestria? Parallel dimension? Equestria is the past/future of Earth?

Assuming alternate dimension, I like the first one. She is aware of the 4th wall like Pinkie. Where Pinkie sees a fun audience, Lyra sees a world she wants to explore. She longs to be able to use oposable fingers and walk on her hind legs.

She's sorta like the Pony equivalent of Japanophiles who go off the deep end; she can't go to human land, so she's adopted her version of what she thinks human culture is.
    This reminds me of a crackpot theory of my own:
    MLP:FIM is part of a plan by Celestia to bring the (substantially male) population of bronies into Equestria in order to address Equestria's gender imbalance.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Awwww. Now you're making me blush.

Personally, I think Lyra's a big fantasy fan. You know those people who learn Elven and go to all the SF conventions in full Legolas cosplay? Yeah, that's Lyra. She's obsessed with stuff like Humans and Sea Ponies and El Deerado and Wolpertinger but mostly Humans and she can say "Good morning" in the official Human language because J.R.R. Tolcat wrote out an entire Human language in his notes isn't that just awesome and she can sit just like Humans sit because that's the way they sit in the novels and it took ages to get it right and do you want to see her Human costume it's almost as if they were really real and Peter Jackal's coming out with a film version didja know that he'd better not ruin the books-

And Bonbon just reads soppy period romances like Prides and Prejudice.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post

Personally, I think Lyra's a big fantasy fan. You know those people who learn Elven and go to all the SF conventions in full Legolas cosplay? Yeah, that's Lyra. She's obsessed with stuff like Humans and Sea Ponies and El Deerado and Wolpertinger but mostly Humans and she can say "Good morning" in the official Human language because J.R.R. Tolcat wrote out an entire Human language in his notes isn't that just awesome and she can sit just like Humans sit because that's the way they sit in the novels and it took ages to get it right and do you want to see her Human costume it's almost as if they were really real and Peter Jackal's coming out with a film version didja know that he'd better not ruin the books-

You know. This just went into my version of Lyra's fanon. NO, YOU CAN'T HAVE IT! My precious......

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Roseluck: Horror nerd.
    Fluttershy: Fantasy fan.
    Lyra: Fantasy fan who's waaaaaaay too into it.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Banned

biggrin Re: My Little Pony XIV: Boots on Hooves / Bikinis on Top

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Nopony wants Spike to have a happy ending!
    Of course not. Why we want him to end up with Lotus and Aloe?

Why is Sasuke not deeeead yet!
    I laughed. Mostly because it's not a question, but a statement. Like you're berating your hitmen.

Whyyyy wasn't Tali a romance option for female Shepard!
    Because Garus needed love and wasn't going to get any if Tali was still an option. I mean, seriously. Tali. Not a contest.

Why did Command & Conquer 4 have to sooooo lame!
    Why did C&C 4 so lame?! The public needs to know!

4E sucks and Pathfinder isn't an overall improvement over 3.x!
    This I partially disagree with. 4e doesn't suck, really. It's still a really good, really solid game with oodles of potential. It's just not really D&D anymore. It's diet D&D, for when you don't want the full 8-hour character building experience, just to be killed by a papercut because you only have like, at max 18 hit points. Not like the good ol' days of rangers gettin two hit dice at first level, arcane AND divine spells. Nothing says surviving party stupidity like having a quarter-century hp at the get go.

But yeah, pathfinder is Blegh.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    So I'm just gonna leave this here.

Spoiler
    Show

My girlfriend and my ponies. :D
    That's really well done. The cutie mark on the girl pony confuses me a touch though. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to assume t is what I think it is or not.

Really nicely done though. Fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Druid Droid helped me actually, so I'm good now.

And College actually. Having to do algebra again because I'd been out of school for 7 years.
    Ah, sorry. I hear "teachers not teaching" and immediately think "government run schools". I have found that the most important lesson I got out of highschool is that highschool didn't really teach me anything of value. Everything I know is functionally self-taught.

Also, I must be quite alone here for prefering Ditzy Doo. Maybe because for me, Ditz doesn't quite carry the same negative connotation as you guys ascribe it to. (Because ditz as a word is not commonly used in this part of the world. We have far more colourful names for such people.) That and I think it rhymes better and sounds more pony-like.
    I like Ditzy Doo because having a kid named Dinky Hooves isn't as good as Dinky Doo. Otherwise I am ambivalent. Though retarded!Derpy bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Second, if you decide that things need to be complicated for whatever reason (ie Midnight's family (what? *I find it all insane and confusing. *I never said it's a bad thing, just really complicated. (Then again I still need to read the rest of that series. *Maybe it's less complicated than I think it is. (Ohgodsbrackets)))) that 'a wizard did it' is a poor method of filling in the plot holes. *Unless a wizard did do it. *Then it's all good.
    It's not that bad, I thought. Two mares want a child, so one gets a temporary gender bend. Luna was there because Twilight and Trixie decided to make her a mare. If you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Twilight+Trixie+Luna
    = Midnight
    Midnight + ? [Shimmer?]
    = Metal Mask
    = Midnight
    Galloping Galaxies, that's canon?!?! IRON HEART SURGE

To all those persons who choose to use really cute pony avatars...do they provide mind-altering effects to you at all? *Or are they just super-cute?

And do you feel that your disposition has changed at all because of said avatar or avatars?
    I think they do have an effect, insofar as putting on nice clothes subtly influence you to act the part. I'm working on not swearing and being more tolerant, for example.

...Isn't irrevocably the same thing as FOREVER!
    Not according to ALTERISM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    *Granny Smith is the only old pony we see.
    No she isn't. I know for a fact that a blue old lady shows up in Cloudsdale, same walk and everything. I've also seen a green one but I can't remember where.

So only girl ponies get old. Male ponies have something else happen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
    This again?

I hoped with the fact that there were no episodes until December would make it possible to actually follow this thread.

My bad.
    We are nothing if not infectious, prolific, and hopefully entertaining. Join us! Catching up is mostly just swallowing an answer when somepony else says what you were going to say anyway. And then you get the added 'feel-good' bonus of sometimes having insight nopony else thought of.

It makes sense too. Applejack has an absolutely massive extended family, and that is the largest grove of trees in all of Ponyville.

Well, other than the Everfree Forest, but I suspect there's something else up with that. Possibly the ponies who never returned in all of those stories? Then that leads up to some spooky thoughts... How did they all get there? Was the forest formed in the first place from the restless soul of a pony of old?

*Shudders* Okay, I need to stop this train of thought now.
    Aw, it was just getting good! /Pinkie

Quote Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
    I was following fine until XIII, then I didn't have the time so I put off reading the thread. Next thing I know, it's page fifty and everyone is talking about vellum or somesuch?

What are you guys, talking about, anyway? And did Irbis bring it up?
    thanks, mate. I needed that.

Oh, man. Irbis! See? We do appreciate your contributions no sarcasm intended, either.

*reads over the previous thread's final conversation/this thread's current one**

...You guys have way too much time on your hands. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go ogle Lyra in that bikini.
    I was going to counter with you not having enough time on your hands, but then you've posted more than me in the last 12 hours.

So instead; that's not a bikini! Whatever it is though, is the most revealing outfit I have ever seen especially since the ponies are normally nekkid. I mean, wow Lyra. Just wow.

It is a phenomenally eye catching picture, though. I'm loving the color and shading.

Lyra and I have a "special" relationship. Which is totally different than the one I have with Midnight. Which... goodness gods, this does get convoluted fast.
    Et tu, Phoe? Oh man, with midnight being a product o majority, now I have to add convolutions to the family

No, see, you all pulled this out of thin air, and then ran with it, I hope as a creative exercise that you found fun. If this is actually creepy? Actually bothersome? All you have to do is stop. Because it makes absolutely no sense.
    There is this, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Once again I have NO IDEA what's going on!

Last thing I remember is this:

and thinking
    "Oh my goodness. This poster must now be my friend."
    And then BAM!! Thread XIV, page two.
    Well, hey! He can still be your friend! For Certain values of friend. I mean, he's a clever chap (and classy!) but I think sometimes, between you and me, he clings too hard to the stereotypes of evil, y'know?

Of course, finding legitimate joy in all those stereotypical evil things probably contributes to that.

I might just keep it as Smaug as a reference.
    Change him to Smug. It's a reference to a reference, but also has it's own meanings. Suitably convoluted, non?

It's very big of me, yes.

I will say this, someday I'm going to get someone to draw an adult Midnight avatar, so I can at least switch between the two of them.
    I've been working on it actually, but last I heard you didn't want one :þ
    Of course, I didn't specify midnight.

I've been trying to make a long, teenager-y midnight, with different hair as a distinguishing feature, kind of a snub to her parents. And an expression of eye-rolling without the eyes actually having to be roll'd. And a prominent cutie mark.

But I can't digital any art for beans, so at best it would turn out as good as Lixie's avatar.

I'll get on that right away.

And in other news I got a 100% on my test and finished it in 18 of the 100 minutes I had to complete it.
    Hot darn! Good show ol' bean.*

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    [SIZE="1"]
    Apparently the laws of nature are quite different in Equestria and the Everfree Forest. Interestingly enough in the middle of the forest is the ancient castle of the two royal sisters.I theorize that either the fight between the two princesses cursed the land around there, or that Celestia isn't actually strong enough to rise both sun and moon and had to reduce the size of land she can rule and influence, letting parts of the world become wild land instead of the nicer and safe place that is Equestria.
    I always wondered why this wasn't really a topic in any of the threads.
    It's actually come up twice, way back in the day. But no one really wants to be on the subject at the same time. Last theory was that the elements of harmony kicked nature into gear, but I like the diminishing returns theory on Celestia's power more.

Celestia sells merchandise with her likeness and uses the residuals to fund the government so she can have lower taxes?
    I'm sad I missed the tax discussion.
    I like the notion that Equestria has taxes so low, the profit margin on socks is enough to reduce the burden on the populous.

My vote is that they were a gift/commission for Celestia, but Luna is fond of long socks and has been waiting for an opportunity to wear them herself.

EDIT: Why would Celestia keep them you ask? Turns out no princess can resist seeing their image plastered all over the place...even if they can confine that guilty pleasure to the sock drawer.

EDIT EDIT: @V I just read your location info, Shadowy; but no one can truly escape. *mechanical hug!*
    Wait, this isn't the fuzzy bin quote. Oh well. I second this notion anyways.

Also, MIRROR MOVE
    *Mechanical Hug* take that, hug-hider-fromer!

Secret nothing! *It's an ENORMOUS FLUFFY BIN. *Probably with a big C on it!
    THE C IS FOR SECRET!

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    Indeed it is
    I guess Luna wanted to launch her own sock collection.
    I laughed. Thank you, and sweet dreams you moustachio'd wonder. May you bring cuteness and fire with you to the shores of Nod.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Just in case anyone nw missed my request from last thread.

And you guys move way too fast for me.
    Sorry, I've been pre-occupied. I'll work on it today.
    And don't be discouraged! Pony thread looks like raging rapids, but really it's just a bunch of sub-conversations. Dive in, the pony is fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Seft Sirag View Post
    Hi all! Finally checked out the series about a fortnight ago, and have spent all the time since trying to catch up on the threads here (almost made it in time for the last thread, then spent three days sans-internet, which set me back a tad).

My story is pretty much the usual – saw references cropping up everywhere, tried an episode, just to see what all the fuss was about, became hooked, but don't know why, and now have ponies on the brain - spent a long day at work today thinking about the whole "ponify yourself" thing from several threads ago;
    catch up on the threads
    BROTHER. *over-affectionate bear hug*

Ramblings Spoilered for the benefit of Those Who Couldn't Care Less
    Spoiler
    Show
    Names; "Rock", "Beloved" and a surname relating to several small towns/villages/geographical areas of the UK

Factoring in a few personal details, and running with the 'rock' element, I ended up with a sea/shoreline theme, and eventually got a (male) unicorn lighthouse keeper, named either Nightlight or Shining Shores (preferences, anyone?)

He's something of a recluse, eschewing company in favour of the peace and tranquillity of the coastline; he spends his days tending to the lighthouse lamp, which he designed and built himself, and painting/sketching the ever-changing scenery.
    Shining Shores I think is the better sounding name, but Nightlight is the better pony. I'm not really sure which, they both have potential. Jealous. It took me forever to come up with something half-decent, and here you are rocking our casbah!

Hm, there's been a lot of cute today... but we haven't really tested the ol' background cute radiation detector.

Spoiler
    Show
    n.. N.... Narm. *collapse*

Spoiler
    Show

D'awwww Sweetie Venus.
    ... Dem Chun Li thighs.
    I can't figure out a good joke for this, so I'll just settled for being agog.*

The rest were cool too, by the way.

Oh wow, I didn't even catch that. You sir, have reached crazyshy levels of insanity. I salute you.
    You...you just went through ALL the threads? As in ALL OF THEM?!
    I...I can't even...the boggling...

Sir, your dedication is admirable, if not born of insanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowydragon View Post
    Is what you have done even possible? *ALL TEAMS MOVE IN WE HAVE A CLASS SIX.
    PEGASUS TEAM GO PEGASUS TEAM GO. BREAK LEFT!
    *sip*
    I'm feeling subtly unappreciated, here.Gotcha! ;þ

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

This isn't the standard greeting, but it's mine: Scootaloo. *Both barrels.
    Adding to my pony cheat-sheet.

Y'know, anyone who voluntarily reads all the threads must have a HUGE tolerance for my... well, me, really. *Given how often I post.
    You're not that bad, given A) Brony is love, and B) you're a repentant snarker. Can't hold your tendencies against you, when you're actively trying to be less mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Going back through the threads is something I've considered doing as an exercise in psychology; seeing how the moods and attitudes of the posters shifted over time. Still threads feel very different to read than living threads. (un?)Fortunately, I've never had the time!

So, after having archive trawled the descent into ponification, what would you say you have learned? Any highlights or favourite parts?
    I'm curious too, now. What insights do the dark recesses of pony thread hold!?

I'm...I'm actually going to have to make this chart now, aren't I? I mean, I'm actually going to have to do it apart from that little joke, aren't I?

Oh dear.

I'm doomed.

Because of what he said, I just happened to check in on my first few posts (geez, I was in on thread 3, I thought it was closer to 6), and holy cow was I awkward in speaking to you guys.
    Ooh! I'll help! I can do text projects waaay faster than drawing ones. Because drawing requires love, which must be processed through the Romantic Sensibilities sector while still adhering to the standardized protocols for proliferation of works act of '86, and usually requires input from other ponies as well.

Oh, great. I'm channeling the pink one now.

Don't mind me. *I'm just here to eat some Kettle Corn and watch the show.

When I started reading this thread, it was five pages. *When I got here, it was six. *
    Hi new friend! Ooh, that prank is a good one! They pull it on me all the time. I'm on 5 out of 6, but I get to 6 and there's a 7! And on 7, there is an 8! And then the numbers eat each other because of this old joke that's not as funny as some new ones, but it's still funny sometimes.

And that's how Pony Thread was made! Next time, I'll tell you about the thread being all prank-y. It's a riot!

This is an indirect bee reference, but it makes me giggle every time I see it, so...

Spoiler
    Show
    What

(Incidentally, what was my rough turnaround time from "y-you'll hate my writing" to "ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIIIIIR"?)
    About a minute

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    You make the chart. Include me, I pretty much stalk all the author ponies (Phoe, you, thanqol, Bobcat(fine he's a bird)).... for ideas.... pretty shinny ideas to be converted to pictures! GLORIOUS PICTURES OF PONIES!!!! um... don't mind me. *
    **hides behind bushes, from where comes many sounds of camera shutter clicks. and occasional flashes
    yes...yes... just like that...poset you fiction ideas.....

And I'll draw an adult Midnight

good trade? deal? *shhh... Mr. pencil, he doesn't know I plan to draw adult midnight anyway. This will be for the best... shhhhh....
    I love detect thoughts as an SLA.
    I guess it's for the best, Kairaven has stellar art skills, whereas my own are still terrestrial.

I've been around the pony clubs on deviant art too much. *I was expecting a playboy bunny.
    ok, fine! Geeze! I'll get back on dA, you can stop blackmailing me and twisting my arm! Murdered by Braz in 3... 2...
    Wow, this Trixie. This Trixie.

Spoiler
    Show

That facial expression makes me want to give her more of a role in my next fic... it must happen! Manifique!
    I like the picture, but there's something... Off. She looks more like Rarity than Trixie. And she's got the "I dye my hair" eyebrows where I would expect Trixie to be a natural... Blue horse with a silver mane.

That sounded mug more plausible in my head.

EMERGENCY: I need a modified version of Celestia's name to use as the name of the deity who is basically her in my D&D campaign.
    Impyrea, for the impyreal vault of heaven? They mean about the same thing. There's also Galaxia, but meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Oh. One more question.*

Does that count adoptive relatives too?
    Family is family, mate.

You're one to talk, Busy Blog Princess Pony.
    I'm so glad all/most of my friends are back in action. I was a sad pony for a spell there.

Wait, wait, I got it!

Lyra is an Avatar, before they learned the natives didn't have anything of real value. That's why Lyra doesn't have much magic- she's not a natural born unicorn!

All the humans flew off to rob the N'avi or whatever they're called, and also decided secrecy was for chumps.

Oh my god.

5 pages while I'm asleep.*

HNGGGGGGHHHHHHH.
    don't be sad, mate. We can do five pages while you're here now to make up for it :small smile: !

Spoiler
    Show
    NEED.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Wow, when you catch up on the thread, YOU CATCH UP ON THE THREAD.

25. - Top - End - #235

Holy massive post batman. O_O

EDIT: Also, now that I've read through it all the way. I actually can't take credit for drawing that picture myself, my best friend actually did that. I thought I mentioned in the initial post but apparently not. XD

As for her cutie mark, it's the Transgender symbol turned into a little heart.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-07-08 at 10:49 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Of course not. Why we want him to end up with Lotus and Aloe?
    I see what you did there... <.< >.>

THE C IS FOR SECRET!
    Bwahahahaha! That's it exactly!
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-07-08 at 10:50 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I can definitely see at least one episode dedicated to the extras, hopefully involving time travel

28. - Top - End - #238
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    This reminds me of a crackpot theory of my own:
    MLP:FIM is part of a plan by Celestia to bring the (substantially male) population of bronies into Equestria in order to address Equestria's gender imbalance.
    !!!

I... Um... Yes.

Spoiler
    Show

Which is where we will spend the day coming up with even cooler fanon.

You know. This just went into my version of Lyra's fanon. NO, YOU CAN'T HAVE IT! My precious......
    Ladies! (gentleman? Ponies?) please! We can all enjoy this awesome idea together.

Wow, when you catch up on the thread, YOU CATCH UP ON THE THREAD.
    You guys were on page 3 when I started !

My only concern is that the text wall might be skipped over. But I'd rather do this than recurse; if I posted part way through, I'd be catching up and responding to your responses to my prior catch-up attempt. It's not pretty. It ends up about on par with Midnight's family tree. Cycle. Formula. Diagram thing.

29. - Top - End - #239

Oh my lord, I'm just going to try and dig out what's relevant to me.

It's not that bad, I thought. Two mares want a child, so one gets a temporary gender bend. Luna was there because Twilight and Trixie decided to make her a mare. If you know what I mean.
    Well, it was more 'two mares do something stupid with temporary gender bending' but apart from that the rest of that is pretty much accurate.

Galloping Galaxies, that's canon?!?! IRON HEART SURGE
    Uh, no. Well, not outside of this thread, maybe, but in story? I am not doing time travel shenanigans. I abjectly refuse. I had a bad experience or two with a Goddess of Time once upon a time.

Et tu, Phoe? Oh man, with midnight being a product o majority, now I have to add convolutions to the family
    Midnight: To be fair, with my parentage, it's not like I'm a stranger to polygamous relationships.

I've been working on it actually, but last I heard you didn't want one :þ
    Of course, I didn't specify midnight.

I've been trying to make a long, teenager-y midnight, with different hair as a distinguishing feature, kind of a snub to her parents. And an expression of eye-rolling without the eyes actually having to be roll'd. And a prominent cutie mark.

But I can't digital any art for beans, so at best it would turn out as good as Lixie's avatar.

I'll get on that right away.
    Rebellions teen Midnight sounds awesome and I demand to see it through. Y-You know, if it's okay with you and all..*squeak*

Ooh! I'll help! I can do text projects waaay faster than drawing ones. Because drawing requires love, which must be processed through the Romantic Sensibilities sector while still adhering to the standardized protocols for proliferation of works act of '86, and usually requires input from other ponies as well.
    I might have to take you up on that at some point here.

I guess it's for the best, Kairaven has stellar art skills, whereas my own are still terrestrial.
    Hey, don't let that stop you, Phoe and I were talking the other night how much we like fan art. I like fan art, no matter the quality. This is an official statement. Plus, you're a fine drawer!
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-07-08 at 10:56 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Status report: Brain is rebelling against my desire not to tell a Big Macintosh story because of the one I preread earlier that irritated me.

Amazed at SiuiS's dedication to responding to everything interesting.

Happy because pizza was in the diet budget today.