New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXIV: Back to the Numerals!

Wedding Site

Natalie responds to the hug in kind. "What do you mean, there's probably three of her?" Then, turning back to Zach, "What's a pokemon? Is it like a Digimon? I'm not too keen on Digimon; it seems kind of lame for a card game or a cartoon." Natalie's world didn't have pokemon, it seems, and rather digimon was popular. Though I know nothing about digimon since it alway seemed like somebody's attempt to emulate pokemon to me so I didn't bother and now I don't see it anywhere.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #452
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wedding Site

"Aren't there actually 4 Lux around?"

Andy notes from the side.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    "It has been awhile." Kris says, feeling the inexplicable need to stretch her body.

"Why do I feel like I have been dancing for a month?" The fairy Evian says, completely unadjusted to deadtime goop.
    Kris might see Rose walking towards her!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #454

[Wedding Site]

"Well... Emily can clone herself, I guess, and there were three of her dancing with my brother before the deadtime goop attacked." Saera, the little blonde half angel with big blue eyes says, her small white wings flapping. And she smiles at the Vulpix. "Well, my brother is getting married. He proposed when Emily and Andy and Mr. Blue came to heaven to take him back here, and then he got permission from Jamie's mom to have it here and now he's having it here. I'm the flower girl and I got this pretty dress for it." Saera says, explaining the wedding as best as she can.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Wedding Site

Natalie responds to the hug in kind. "What do you mean, there's probably three of her?" Then, turning back to Zach, "What's a pokemon? Is it like a Digimon? I'm not too keen on Digimon; it seems kind of lame for a card game or a cartoon." Natalie's world didn't have pokemon, it seems, and rather digimon was popular. Though I know nothing about digimon since it alway seemed like somebody's attempt to emulate pokemon to me so I didn't bother and now I don't see it anywhere.
    Zach looked sad that he didn't get a hug, he loved hugs!
    "What's a Digimon? Is it like a Pokemon? Pokemon are anything that isn't human in my world. They also do cool things like breath fire."
    Voltron nuzzled against Saera's cheek.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #456
    Orc in the Playground

Wedding Site

"Digimon are weird creature thingies. So, trees are pokemon? And grass?" Sort of, but not quite, true. There's tree and grass pokemon, and trees and grass aren't pokemon. Then Natalie turns back to Saera. "Ooh, clones are cool! I figured out how to turn into a monkey. It's a black spider monkey!"

7. - Top - End - #457

Wedding Site

"Digimon are weird creature thingies. So, trees are pokemon? And grass?" Sort of, but not quite, true. There's tree and grass pokemon, and trees and grass aren't pokemon. Then Natalie turns back to Saera. "Ooh, clones are cool! I figured out how to turn into a monkey. It's a black spider monkey!"
    "Sorry, I should have been clearer. Anything that isn't a human and breathes is a pokemon in my world."
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #458

[Wedding Site]

If Zach wants a hug, all he has to do is ask, but Saera doesn't know him, so she doesn't know he likes hugs, and she's bad at reading people. She's also too busy having an adorable Vulpix on her shoulder to try. Five year olds are like that. "Ooh! Monkeys are cool!" Saera says to Natalie, before responding to Zach. "Wait... Does that mean you're all vegetarian?" Saera asks, because that would mean that pokemon are eaten if not, and that would be bad.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

9. - Top - End - #459

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    [Wedding Site]

If Zach wants a hug, all he has to do is ask, but Saera doesn't know him, so she doesn't know he likes hugs, and she's bad at reading people. She's also too busy having an adorable Vulpix on her shoulder to try. Five year olds are like that. "Ooh! Monkeys are cool!" Saera says to Natalie, before responding to Zach. "Wait... Does that mean you're all vegetarian?" Saera asks, because that would mean that pokemon are eaten if not, and that would be bad.
    "Well......yes. Though I tried a hamburger today and it was delicious.""
    Voltron jumps onto Saera's head, its tail would warm up her head a considerable amount as Voltron curls up on her head.
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #460
    Orc in the Playground

Wedding Site

"So trees and grass are pokemon? They breathe, you know. They inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide, like all other living organisms, and through photosynthesis they also ingest carbon dioxide and excrete oxygen." Natalie's quite well educated, and what she says is true. Comes with having a father that runs an university.

11. - Top - End - #461

Wedding Site

"So trees and grass are pokemon? They breathe, you know. They inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide, like all other living organisms, and through photosynthesis they also ingest carbon dioxide and excrete oxygen." Natalie's quite well educated, and what she says is true. Comes with having a father that runs an university.
    "No, grass and trees are not pokemon. And they don't breath in Oxygen, they inhale Carbon Dioxide and exhale Oxygen, otherwise we would all be dead."
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #462

[Wedding Site]

Saera is confused by all this sciencey talk! And is also used to animals laying on her head, what with living with Trilby. "... If plants breathe, why can't we hear it? Or feel it?" She asks, completely serious.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

13. - Top - End - #463
    Orc in the Playground

Wedding Site

"Yes, they do. The process you are describing is photosynthesis; that's plants eating. If they didn't breathe, they'd die at night when there's no light to enable them to convert carbon dioxide to oxygen. Everything that lives breathes; the oxygen plants create outweighs the carbon dioxide they excrete, but they still breathe. And we can't hear or feel it because plants don't have lungs and use a different method that is inaudible to the human ear and cannot be detected unaided." Natalie speaks with the assurance that she's right, as she trusts her teachers and I know it for fact, too.

14. - Top - End - #464

Wedding Site

"Yes, they do. The process you are describing is photosynthesis; that's plants eating. If they didn't breathe, they'd die at night when there's no light to enable them to convert carbon dioxide to oxygen. Everything that lives breathes; the oxygen plants create outweighs the carbon dioxide they excrete, but they still breathe. And we can't hear or feel it because plants don't have lungs and use a different method that is inaudible to the human ear and cannot be detected unaided." Natalie speaks with the assurance that she's right, as she trusts her teachers and I know it for fact, too.
    Zach frowns.
    "Not according to Professor Oak they don't!"
    Sting the Wurmple gets out of his pokeball and crawls up Saera's body to ghee shoulder where he then nuzzled against her cheek.
    Busy with Life

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXIV: Back to the Numerals!

[Wedding Site]

Lewis dances closer to Saera, Zach and Natalie and interrupts.

"Actually, breathing can mean using your lungs to do it. And also to live. Semantics are groovy!"

He then does a spin before continuing.

"There are also some psychedelic plants that don't need the sun, man. Wey-plants for example"

The Exposition Pixie returns to his dancing after this, but they can speak to him if they want. Just press A-Wait, wrong RPG.

(He's speaking to Natalie, by the way )
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2011-07-18 at 07:16 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

16. - Top - End - #466

[Wedding Site]

Heh... Warm. Saera radiates warmth, due to her angel heritage. And also a little bit of light, but that's not noticeable in the daylight. "Plant breathing is weird." Saera says, and then starts to giggle as the Wurmple climbs her.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Kris might see Rose walking towards her!
    Kris would notice this, but she is far too busy running over and giving her old friend a hug.

"ROSE!" Kris says with glee, wearing a rather un-Krislike beautiful dress as she hugs her friend. "How are 'ya? It's been WAY too long!"

------------------------------------------------------------

"So um...Rae, when is the actual ceremony going to start?" The well-dressed fairy woman (who is full-sized, not fairy-sized) asks.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

18. - Top - End - #468
    Halfling in the Playground

Camp

Sarah can probably be found by Ghar quite easily, riding atop Orich's shoulders as usual.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

[Somewhere]

Let's just say Ghar finds both his apprentices and has gathered them together, shall we?

If so, he will address them both. "I have an important lesson for you two today. We will be summoning a minor imp." He smiles slightly. He's in a good mood today.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Orc in the Playground

Wedding Site

"I suppose Professor Oak's speciality isn't botany or phytochemistry then? Because my father hired a botanist to teach me about plants." Natalie then turns to Lewis. "Only in reptiles, birds, mammals, most amphibians and some fish. Many amphibians breathe through their skin as do worms, fish use gills as do most molluscs and crustaceans, insects use spiracles, arachnids have a book lung which isn't like a vertebrate lung at all and closely resembles the book gill used by horseshoe crabs." She doesn't know so much about plants as that's an area I'm uninterested in so lack the knowledge to explain their breathing apparatus; I just know they do breathe.

21. - Top - End - #471

Wedding Site

"I suppose Professor Oak's speciality isn't botany or phytochemistry then? Because my father hired a botanist to teach me about plants." Natalie then turns to Lewis. "Only in reptiles, birds, mammals, most amphibians and some fish. Many amphibians breathe through their skin as do worms, fish use gills as do most molluscs and crustaceans, insects use spiracles, arachnids have a book lung which isn't like a vertebrate lung at all and closely resembles the book gill used by horseshoe crabs." She doesn't know so much about plants as that's an area I'm uninterested in so lack the knowledge to explain their breathing apparatus; I just know they do breathe.
    "Perhaps in your world, but not mine. Ha! Beat that logic!"
    Megan the Eevee got out of her pokeball and jumped onto Saera's other shoulder. She then licked Saera's cheek. Luckily, the pokemon didn't weigh too much.
    Busy with Life

22. - Top - End - #472

[Wedding Site]

"Well... We'd have to get Quinn here, since she's the one actually marrying us... and tell people that it's starting, though I already know that. Actually, I should probably have that done." Rae says, and then he goes to wake up Crae. "Crae, wall please." He says, and Crae flies off to... somewhere.

Saera is becoming absolutely covered in pokemon! "... Lots of things breathe weird, apparently. Can we just say it's magic, please?" She asks.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Somewhere]

Let's just say Ghar finds both his apprentices and has gathered them together, shall we?

If so, he will address them both. "I have an important lesson for you two today. We will be summoning a minor imp." He smiles slightly. He's in a good mood today.
    [Somewhere]

Terrance grins. An actual devil! They'll be summoning an actual devil!
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Halfling in the Playground

Somewhere

"Cool! I've been wanting to do summoning." Sarah says, apparently knowing what an imp is. "Will we get to control it, like the crow?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #475
    Orc in the Playground

Wedding Site

"My mother always told me not to argue with boys. So I won't; magic it is." She's still right, though.

26. - Top - End - #476

Wedding Site

"My mother always told me not to argue with boys. So I won't; magic it is." She's still right, though.
    "My mother always told me to be nice to girls and to respect them, so magic it is!"
    He gives a little harumph and Simon the Nuzleaf comes out of his pokeball and runs up and hugs Saera. Megan jumps off and goes back into her pokeball.
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #477

[Wedding Site]

Saera hugs the little Nuzleaf! Silly plant thing. And she frowns at the Eevee. Maybe she should have petted it or something. "Good, it's magic, and magic is easy to unnerstand," she says, nodding and smiling at her conflict resolving abilities.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

28. - Top - End - #478
    Orc in the Playground

Wedding Site

"Magic is only easy to understand when you have lessons in magic. Unfortunately, that's the one subject I have never been able to persuade my father to let me learn. He claims it's too dangerous, so he let me take up fencing instead." Fencing is harmless, unless you're stupid. It's very fun, though, and I loved the lessons I had.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh...is she a local priestess? That shall be lovely." Evian smiles, clasping her hands together. "Always so nice to get in touch with fellow dietific beings."
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

30. - Top - End - #480

Simon took out his pad of paper and pencil and wrote something on it, he showed it to Saera.
    It read:
    'Zach loves hugs, even from strangers.'
    Zach began to ignore Natalie.
    Busy with Life