New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXIV: Back to the Numerals!

[Pathfinder's Hut]

Renetta stands near Waterstrider, her arm almost brushing against him. She smiles at Pathfinder. "It's good to see you too. Are the others here as well?"

She folds her hands in front of her, her arms pressing against the small but growing bulge in her stomach. She's grateful that her clothes are concealing enough that her growing stomach is still covered. She's not ready to talk about it openly as of yet.

[Somewhere]

A wicked grin spreads across the imp's face. There's no sign of him doing anything besides that grin and a swish of his tail. Smoke can be smelled faintly after a moment, and it won't be much longer before Terrance finds that the seat of his pants is on fire.

Or appears to be that is. He can't actually harm him because of the summoning circles. It's just an illusion and won't cause any pain.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-07-22 at 03:09 PM.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Wedding Site, Hugtropolis]

Huh. Seems the hugging is coming to an end. Oh well, Saera just remembered that she has something that she could do! "Oh, Natalie, Brinika, Zach, this is my magic teacher, Mr. Blue! He's really nice and awesome and stuff, and can make butterflies from nowhere!" Saera says, motioning to Blue with her hand and wing!
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

3. - Top - End - #903

[Pathfinder's Hut]

A sacntuary won't really keep him away from enteren, but he doesn#t even try. there is still no need for it and due to his eye he is able to see a bit of the inside. (Heat view). Cause of the fire it will be quiet less, but its still enugth to make out when they leave.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut

Waterstrider, even though he's been trying to give Renetta a bit more personal space of late, can't help but move somewhat closer to her now that they're safe, and tries to put a paw on her shoulder to give it a reassuring squeeze.

"The others are at the main cabins and such, a bit of a distance away."
    Pathfinder gets up, shaking a bit and leaning on his spear like it's a staff. He looks at his hurt paw with a cringe before pulling a bandage from a pouch and wrapping it. "We saw you guys coming a while back. Looks like your stalker is waiting at least though." He tells them before smiling at Renetta. "I have a hammock in the hut if you need to rest, and there's plenty of food if you're hungry."

He turns to Hope and gives her a respectful nod. "Thank you for bringing them here."

5. - Top - End - #905
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post

Huh. Seems the hugging is coming to an end. Oh well, Saera just remembered that she has something that she could do! "Oh, Natalie, Brinika, Zach, this is my magic teacher, Mr. Blue! He's really nice and awesome and stuff, and can make butterflies from nowhere!" Saera says, motioning to Blue with her hand and wing!
    [Wedding Site]
    Zach nodded in greeting.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #906
    Troll in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut

"It was an honour to be of service," Hope says. "May I try to heal your paw?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

[Maple Cabin - Sophie's Room]

Sophie tries use one of the memory crystals by holding it tightly with both hands.

[Wedding Site]

Um, hello mister, Brinika says shyly. She's a tiny goblin girl around 60 centimeters in height, wearing a dark purple dress and a hat in a similar color. A GLoG drone covered in somewhat erratic paintings is hovering behind her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

Compilation Of Most Recent Battle Posts

Zero

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Zero holds out his hand and causes his spear to appear again. He then starts to walk slowly in a circle around the suit of armor, trying to find a weakness. He will continue to circle the armor until it attacks.

Sophie

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Lakeshore]

Sophie doesn't look away from the hideous being - after all, it would interfere with her actual intention, which is to try and and place three bullets in its face. Which she promptly does.

Friend

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Friend looks slowly around at the blue fire, dodging the first fireball barely.

"Seems a sorcerer or priest of the gods old hath joint this fray"

adapting a battle stance, the Ex-Fae fires his armour's lasers yet again. Albeit from only one hand this time. Dodging the fireballs through his own reflexes and the armour's enhanced strength.

If the flames are magical, some of their power may be drained away from the Nexus when they graze the armoured fighter. Although, it Will be a small effect should they only be created by magic and not made or sustained by it.

Zero may find that the suit of armor doesn't seem to have a major structural weakness. A thin layer of chainmail holds the animated armor plates together. This layer also allows the armor to bend at its joints so as to allow the wearer to move normally.

The armor does have a flaw, though it is not a structural one.

The animated armor moves about in a slow, cumbersome way. Massive amounts of power are behind its every movement. It sacrifices agility and speed for sheer strength.

The armor suddenly lunges at Zero, attempting to impale him on its black, wicked blade.

As Sophie blasts her creature with a spray of metal, its "face" breaks away like shattering glass. Underneath its "face" is a swirling vortex of tentacled madness. Ten tiny livid heads piked on the end of ten green tentacles that smell of iron burst out of the thing's face and scream at Sophie in unison while the creature's left arm attempts to swat Sophie to the side in a wide, horizontal, sweeping movement.

Friend shall discover that the fireballs are indeed products of magic (though not sustained by it). His armor affects them as such.

Friend's laser doesn't hit the beetle demon this time, namely because the creature has withdrawn. If he fired at the child on the log, he will find that the child is hit and struck dead by the laser.

The flames stop shooting fireballs at Friend. Still, they remain.

What did Friend just smite, then (if he was shooting at the child)?

A sharp howl vibrates the air around the circle of fire. This lone howl is soon joined by several others, all hidden in the fog.

A demonic Timberwolf attempts to charge Friend from behind. It bears remarkable similarities to a normal Timberwolf, apart from the fact that its fur is composed of the embers of the fires of hell and its red eyes are devoid of compassion.

Meanwhile, the spidermen surround the vitrified Valaira and let out an unearthly screech.

They are ripping another gate through spacetime.

-----

[Through the Portal -- Mayor's Mansion]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

Reinholdt can't imagine these people volunteering. He thinks it's the ritual and the drums and the magic and how dare they do this to these people!

Reinholdt gives up on the flute and puts it away, turning pink to fly up and over those people, towards the pillar of gold where the altar is. He fully intends to plant C4 on it and blow it sky high (not immediately of course). Accursed evil aggression causing altar!

The closer Rein comes to the ceiling, the more likely he is of noticing that the chamber doesn't just seem like it is breathing.

It is breathing.

The cultists continue their rituals, tearing the entrails out of a living man and hacking them open without pause, without question.

One of the children stares up at Rein. She shouts and points at him.

Uh-oh.

This isn't good.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-07-22 at 04:05 PM.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Entrance]

Reinholdt kitty was there to meet the warforged! Hooray!
    "That'd be me. Here, I've got an empty cabin we can talk in."
    Reinholdt says, turning to lead the way to Elm Cabin.
    Reposted for Harnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Maple Cabin - Sophie's Room]

Sophie tries use one of the memory crystals by holding it tightly with both hands.
    One contains all the information that the Encyclopedes at the Bronze Pyramid, a group devoted to traveling dimensions purely in search of knowledge, have on psychomorphic artifacts. Again, you should probably bug FF for more information on those things. It's been a long while for me.

The other has all the information about soul transference to and from objects. Clearly to objects is more popular and better discussed. But lots of information about souls there.

Is probably a lot to take in.

Well screw this breathing cave of aggression causing, people manipulating murder cult thing!

Reinholdt starts planting C4 on the pillar of gold by the alter. Not at the very top, but close to it. He does this with practice of someone who's blown up a fair number of things. I say this since he is frequently distracted by looking down at the crowd. I think he's expecting attacks to happen soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut]

She smiles up at Waterstrider before turning a more concerned look to Pathfinder. "Some food does sound good." She's been hungry lately. Mostly because of the almost complete absence of morning sickness. "I'm really hungry."

11. - Top - End - #911
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post

[Wedding Site, Ohuggo USA]

Yes, and Emily is still there somewhere.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wedding Site
    Blue smiles and shakes Zach and Brinika's hands. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Now Saera was just exaggerating; I can't really make butterflies out of nothing, no one can do that. Basic principle of conjuration... Never mind."

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

13. - Top - End - #913
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Wedding Site
    Blue smiles and shakes Zach and Brinika's hands. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Now Saera was just exaggerating; I can't really make butterflies out of nothing, no one can do that. Basic principle of conjuration... Never mind."
    [Wedding Site]
    Zach takes some notes when Simon the Nuzleaf hugged Mr. Blue. He sighed.
    "First thing you should know about him, he's a hugger."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #914

[Wedding Site- New Hug City]

Hey look an Emily! Now we just have to get an account on the other three that were here... Oh well. The undeadtiming of Emily means that she will immediately be hugged from behind by a Rae! The Rae that is marrying her, in fact! "Soon, Em, you're gonna be my wife, and I don't think I could be happier." He says, happily, of course.

"Silly Mr Blue," Saera says, "I said from nowhere, not from nothing. I know you can't just make things! ... Except for some people, who I think just use bunches and bunches of energy and force it to become things."
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Titan in the Playground

[Wedding Site]

Brinika pouts a little. Aunt Reelshka says summoning things out of nowhere is silly.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance => Empty Cabin]

"Lead the way," Azik says. For reference, he's carrying everything he thinks he might need. Not everything he thinks he will need, but might need, which means a whole lot of things that might not even see use today. It's... kind of a lot.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elm Cabin]

He'll probably need it.
    Reinholdt shifts into human form and will help him carry anything he might need help with.

"Alright. So the ritual to get the soul out of the object and back into the actual body is out and not happening. Horribly sorry about that. I'll pay a whole bunch extra for your time and effort or whatever. But now I need something quite different. Maybe you can do it, maybe you can't."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elm Cabin]

Azik passes a few of the smaller things to Reinholdt to make the load less awkward for himself, "That depends on the kind of ritual. What do you need? I can do just about anything you need me to."

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elm Cabin]

"I need you to erase selective memory. Particularly every bit about psychomorphic artifacts and soul transfer to and from objects." And a few other details directly related to Tobias' hat that Reinholdt will provide as required to Azik.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elm Cabin]

Azik shakes his head, "Why? I'm a reasonable person, but getting rid of memories about something seems slightly extreme to me. Memories make us who we are."

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elm Cabin]

"Most of them aren't even mine to begin with anyways. Keeping them is pointless and will lead to unnecessary pain all around. It won't change who I am. I have too many more scarring memories for that. So, in short, to prevent future embitterment."

Helping Tobias' hat problem is a dead end road Reinholdt is now certain he can't win and will probably lose a friend over for trying. So he's giving up and washing his paws of the matter before it comes to that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elm Cabin]

Azik looks at Reinholdt silently for a moment, before saying, "... very well. However, the magic that allows me to rewrite memories will allow me to see everything in your mind - your past, your perceptions, your feelings. They would all be laid out before me in order for me to pick out the ones you wish to forget."

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elm Cabin]

Reinholdt frowns. That doesn't sound fun.
    "Well... the memories are only a few months fresh. Any way you could narrow it down to not everything ever? Like the past year?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elm Cabin]

Azik shakes his head, "That's not what the ritual does. I wouldn't see any memories you've already forgotten, but everything you remember would be laid out before me."

On top of this, the ritual is... intrusive. You won't feel well afterwards. Or during."

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elm Cabin]

"Seriously? Can't modify the ritual at all to just narrow it down to the memories and feelings generated in the last year?" Reinholdt frowns.

Well, there was another, probably better option at this point to accomplish the same thing. He couldn't care less about not feeling well. He hasn't felt well for as long as he can remember.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elm Cabin]

"That would take precision I simply don't have. I'm sorry, my friend."

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elm Cabin]

"Fair enough. And, being the crazed destroyer of worlds and all that, I think I'd rather keep my entire life a bit more of a secret than not. So, I'm going to have to go with plan B then. Sorry for wasting your time."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elm Cabin]

Azik Sighs, and pulls a piece of paper out of one of his pockets and offers it to Reinholdt. It reads,
    Code:
    The bearer of this document has proven unsatisfied with Azik the enchanter's enchanting. As such, he is provided a single free purchase of anything up to half the price of the original purchase.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elm Cabin]

"Umm... you don't have to give me this." Reinholdt says. "I paid for you to come out here and you did."

He tries to offer the paper back.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elm Cabin]

"This is something I give to people whom I can't give a refund to - I already used the money you paid me to buy reagents and the like, and I didn't perform any magic, thus services have not been rendered. Ignore the part about Half-price - that's for people who actually got something cast. You'll get your full money's worth for anything you wish. It's part of the process." His tone suggests the process is very important to him.