New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXIV: Back to the Numerals!

Departing

In that case, it's likely off to Home for the three of them.

Wonder if Kirk will happen by. <.<
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Troll in the Playground

dun Dun DUN!

Meanwhile...

[GLoG Peremiter]

A rather less glamourous vehicle pulls up and stops, a young, sandy-brown-haired man getting out and studying the place for a few minutes before nodding, and lowering the cargo gate of his cargo vehicle.

And starting to remove some bags of sand and potted cactus.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

Zamira grins. "So, how's it feel?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Rowan Cabin

Sarah holds the chalk up, looking between the imp and the floor. "What do I do?"
    Jixnib looks uneasily at the chalk. Ugh, this was so annoying. "Alright, do exactly what I show ya." And he will proceed to instruct her in how to draw the circle.

5. - Top - End - #1445

Rowan Cabin

Sarah follows his instructions to the letter, scraping and scribbling with a smile on her face.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Troll in the Playground

Island

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Zamira grins. "So, how's it feel?"
    "Nice and snug and warm!" Dani chirps with an answering grin.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's good!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXIV: Back to the Numerals!

[Wedding Site]

Lewis seems to have disappeared sometime in the fight, but now the gods and Fey Queen may notice that he is flying back from the forest, carrying something.

Then the screams begin.

"Ow ow ow ow!"

Cowering his ears, the Pixie begins to sway and lose height, although Evian may be more concerned with the stuff he was carrying.

The Fey Queen now have a basketful of herbs, some large fungi that will explode into clouds of sneeze-inducing spores and a strange fruit falling towards her.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saurous View Post
    The gazebo crashes into Rae's projected hand, scattering splinters and bits of burning wood all about. It struggles within his grip, pushing up against the construct and continuing to try and charge towards the Blue Lantern. As the structure focuses on breaking free, the single remaining eye shifts its attention to Emily.

Lord Gazebo stares down at the girl through His enormous eye, the utterly black pupil looking her right between her own eyes. The Gazebo's glare is one of intense hatred, originating from an utterly unknowable abomination that doesn't want to be argued or reasoned with. The glare expresses everything that Emily could possibly want to know about His motivations. And most of those motivations can be simplified down to a single word: Hate. Lord Gazebo hates. He hates her. He hates Rae. He hates their friends. He hates their family. He hates those sunglasses. He hates this ceremony. He hates their love. He hates their mere existence. That is what Lord Gazebo's glare tells her about what the hell He thinks He's doing. He's trying to make it all stop existing.

But, just in case Emily didn't catch any of that, the pupil of Lord Gazebo's hateful, unblinking eye retracts down to a single black point as He prepares to inform her of just who the hell He thinks He is in the only way He knows how.

He screams. He screams and screams and screams. He screams in a hundred equally alien voices that all seem to originate from nothing but the open air. His scream causes the ground to quake and the gazebo to rattle. His scream echoes within the very minds of those who are graced to hear His terrible voice, along with a horrible cracking sound that feels as if someone were snapping twigs within their heads. His scream, that cacophonous song of voices and noise, that horrid affront to all that is good and loved, reverberates throughout the GLoG grounds.

Rae may have trouble translating all of that.
    Wide eyes, she blinks once or twice, slowly, the sunglasses vanished.
    "...that hurt." she says, somewhere between furious and surprised.

She starts walking calmly TOWARDS the gazebo. She doesn't attack yet, but she does dodge if it attacks her, until she stands UNDER the canopy.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    [Wedding Site]

The Fey Queen now have a basketful of herbs, some large fungi that will explode into clouds of sneeze-inducing spores and a strange fruit falling towards her.
    This is the point where the Fey Queen would do something really cool, like arresting the fall of all the things by simply waving her hand in the air.

It is therefore too bad that she doesn't have any telekinetic powers of any kind.

"Oh crud..."

Instead she uses more mundane methods of avoiding a shower of objects, and simply jumps out of the way.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Wedding Site-Gazebo fight]

Rae doesn't bother to cover his ears. He doesn't actually need to hear the scream, but he will. He doesn't need to translate the scream, he can catch its meaning, so he won't. Because it's not his job to do the translating. It's his ring's, and the blue being standing behind him. It seems that he somehow picked up Hope while he was deadtimed, he'll have to investigate that later, but right now it's helping him. The scream, and the look, and all of it, are things of emotion. Emotion is one thing that Rae understands very well, controlling them, faking them, stopping them.

The scream shattered the blue hand, may have broken his outstretched hand as well, but he doesn't let himself care. It'll heal. If that thing lasts for much longer, it may do some damage that won't heal. Especially with Em apparently trying to get inside the gazebo, what in the hell is she... No, can't think about that. Gotta stay focused, focus on one thing. Turn your thoughts inward, stay focused on hope, but not just hope in general. Stay focused on your own hope. It's the only kind that you can turn toward your own devices. But... No. That's stupid. The entire reason hope is so powerful is because there is so much of it, with so many people feeling it. And right now, he knows that there's at least one person hoping for this thing to be gone just as much as he is. Unfortunately, she's trying to get inside the Gazebo right now. The gazebo that is focusing its attention on her. Oh well, this'll either work or it won't.

"Let's see if that howl of hate can be turned into a howl of pain," Rae says, making a giant blue hand above the Gazebo to try to crush its remaining eye against the roof, and he starts moving toward the Gazebo after Em.

Aerynn looks up at the bundle of items that were falling toward Evian and wiggles his fingers. The stuff should stop in its tracks and float back up to Lewis. "There you go," he says.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXIV: Back to the Numerals!

[Wedding Site]

Lewis grabs the things as he sways downward and drops them again when he lands, quickly gesturing and mumbling a rhyme.

"Hands of fate, Heavens pinacle, by spirits late..."

he continues for a few more lines and finally opens his eyes, which he apparently shut in pain.

"Ah, much better. Thanks for catching my herbs, mister! Phoenixfoot and wolfsbane were difficult to find out there."

He does a peace sign at the god and pulls a small cauldron out of nowhere, most likely to mix something up...

Maybe that's a good sign to get away before it explodes.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Outside]

"Yeah. It'll be fun having people to play with." The dryad glances between Brinika and the ground. "I wonder how we'll get you down."

The monkey gets a glance, but for all Salix knows, it's just a monkey.
    Ummm... maybe Caretaker will get me down. Oooh, is that you Natalie? She asks, looking at the monkey.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Troll in the Playground

Evian looks up.

"Oh...thank you." She nods to the nearby god, looking warily at the cauldron.

She is a fairly good potions crafter, so she should be able to tell pretty easily what Lewis is making.

And will run/stand and stay depending on if it is volatile.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Barbarian in the Playground

A young, redhaired woman limps up to the camp, an exhausted, vacant look in her eyes. She holding her arm tight against her chest and is bleeding profusely from various cuts and gashes on both her legs.
    Last edited by FireFox; 2011-08-04 at 04:56 PM.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Titan in the Playground

So... she's extra young?
    Sophie notices a young woman stagger into the camp while reading an Erin's Emporium catalogue and rushes over to help. What happened?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #1457

... I'm just not firing on all cylinders, am I?

No, she's just in the 18-21 age range. It takes awhile for her to register Sophie, staring at her blankly for awhile before responding. Too many... things. Tried to go to... HALO, but the docks... I don't... I couldn't...

Seems she's a refugee from the apocalypse.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, easy there now. Let me help you. Sophie will attempt to get the injured woman to the medical lab and check if her injuries are immediately life-threatening, thus necessitating the use of her healing Edge, on the way.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Orc in the Playground

Outside

The spider monkey nods and smiles, waving at the dryad and goblin girl with her four-fingered hand. Natalie jumps down and lopes in an awkward, arboreal monkey-like manner to the tree before expertly climbing upwards using all five limbs.

I find it hard to believe that a dryad, a fey being in touch with nature, doesn't wonder what a black spider monkey from Equatorial South America is doing in a temperate rainforest where it snows some winters. Not least because spider monkeys dwell high in the canopy, living in the tops of trees higher than most of those around GLoG (as I picture European trees in the forest because I'm familiar with them).
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ogre in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Sarah follows his instructions to the letter, scraping and scribbling with a smile on her face.
    Once she's done, Jixnib eyes it uneasily, but flies into the circle none the less. "Right, so now ya gotta just say I can go. Easy 's dat."

[Outside]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Ummm... maybe Caretaker will get me down. Oooh, is that you Natalie? She asks, looking at the monkey.
    Salix is only two years old though, despite looking seven. She can tell that said monkey is a natural creature, but wouldn't know that it doesn't belong here.

Salix waves at Natalie too. She doesn't pick up on that she's a transformed human. She talks to animals all the time after all.

21. - Top - End - #1461

Rowan Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Once she's done, Jixnib eyes it uneasily, but flies into the circle none the less. "Right, so now ya gotta just say I can go. Easy 's dat."
    "Okay. You can go home now." Sarah says promptly and simply, giving the demon a little wave. She adds, "Bye."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #1462

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Alright, easy there now. Let me help you. Sophie will attempt to get the injured woman to the medical lab and check if her injuries are immediately life-threatening, thus necessitating the use of her healing Edge, on the way.
    The woman has a broken arm, but the gashes on her legs are the most serious of her wounds. Sophie might wish to heal those. She winds up, still dazed and confused, in the infirmary. Wait, Sophie took her to the medical lab? Then I guess she's there now, but that place is more for research and education than actually healing people. I don't think she needs an autopsy just yet.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

Jixnib mutters something as he's dragged back down to Hell. Or at least, that's what should have happened. He looks like he's being sucked into the ground, but his upper body resists the pull. The result is a pained screech from the imp, along with him still being stuck in the material plane.

The cursing that follows is too improper for the forums.

24. - Top - End - #1464

Rowan Cabin

Sarah's face reddens in embarassment. Mostly from the imp's choice of words. "What'd I do?"

Orich can be seen peering through the window, once Jixnib starts making so much noise.

He peers a lot like a certain junco.

As in it's dreadfully creepy.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Troll in the Playground

Perhaps Tom's been giving peering lessons...

[Perimeter]

The young man is, it appears, digging a trench around the edge of the camp, filling it with sand and putting cactus in the sand at regular intervals.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #1466

The wounded young woman is in the medical labs. Or perhaps the infirmary. Or maybe Sophie deadtimed before she could lead her anywhere.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Troll in the Playground

I'd assume Morty meant the Infirmary.
    In which case Nurse Piper might be doing her ghostly work in bandaging the woman's legs.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #1468

Then her legs are bandaged and the bleeding slows down. Ally still seems rather shellshocked.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Troll in the Playground

Alas, Nurse Piper can't help with that too much.
    Perhaps somebody else can, since Quinn and Jamie are currently busy fighting a murderous gazebo...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Sarah's face reddens in embarassment. Mostly from the imp's choice of words. "What'd I do?"

Orich can be seen peering through the window, once Jixnib starts making so much noise.

He peers a lot like a certain junco.

As in it's dreadfully creepy.
    "Friggin sidewalk chalk." The imp spits. His barbed tail whips back and forth irritably. He glares at Orich. Glaaaaaares.