New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing II: Stop Making The DM Cry

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    1391g: Yet oddly fitting.
    1391h: Just like that pencil, when the GM stabs me with it for doing so.

(What? It certainly fits oddly.)
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-10-05 at 09:43 PM.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

1394: I will not blast peasants with fireballs while using the excuse "He might have been a demon in disguise."

3. - Top - End - #813
    Bugbear in the Playground

1395: The Dragon-blooded are not power rangers, and the alchemical among them is not Alpha.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

1396: If the entirety of my plan is to set something on fire, I am to come up with a new plan.
    1396b: Adding "and then run away really fast" does not count as coming up with a new plan.
    1396c: My plans are no longer allowed to involve fire period.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #815
    Barbarian in the Playground

1397: I am no longer allowed to name my PC "Mac".

6. - Top - End - #816
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Exelbirth View Post
    1394: I will not blast peasants with fireballs while using the excuse "He might have been a demon in disguise."
    Well, of COURSE not! Demons are mostly fire-resistant or immune. Use force damage.

...What?
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

7. - Top - End - #817
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Well, of COURSE not! Demons are mostly fire-resistant or immune. Use force damage.

...What?
    I was thinking that. Then I realized that if it doesn't die, it's a demon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

1398: If the DM is running an "evil" campaign, I am to assume he means evil and not EVIL.
    1398b: Even if the DM is running an "evil" campaign, the CE alignment is forever barred to me.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

9. - Top - End - #819

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    1397: I am no longer allowed to name my PC "Mac".
    1397b: I am no longer allowed to name my PC Nancy, and then have him switch names with people until his name IS Mac.

1399: I am no longer allowed to get character ideas from my favorite childhood books.
    1400: Especially if they have nothing to do with fantasy.
    Last edited by Omeganaut; 2011-10-06 at 05:41 PM.
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Thread won! I don't think I have the authority to do that but whatever

10. - Top - End - #820

1401: No longer permitted to win encounters with a bar of soap.
    1402: No longer allowed to launch projectile fists of any variety.
    1402b: ...especially in medieval settings.
    1403: Suplexing in any form is banned.
    1404: For the love of god, stop car jousting!
    1405: No more warforged with hair!
    1406: Cannot constantly build incredibly ineffective deathtraps
    1407: Further mention of "the wire conspiracy" will be met with swift retribution.
    1408: Cannot use nearly-useless noble character to take over campaign in one session.
    1409: Laughing is permitted when DM forgets to give his lich fly, but it is appreciated if it is kept to a minimum.
    1410: No more Flash Gordon parody characters.
    1411: No longer allowed to dance on corpses face-down in acid
    1412: Celestial bison are banned. Especially when two thirds of the party can summon them.
    1413: silent whistles can no longer be used against cerebi
    1413b: or werewolves
    1413c: Just cut it out
    1414: the rules for the brawler subclass powers aren't terribly specific, but that doesn't mean I can lift and drop a 20-ton door on the villain with a level 2 utility.
    1415: There is no such thing as a "Dire Butler" and I am not wearing its skin.
    Last edited by Just_Ice; 2011-10-06 at 08:14 PM.
    Playground in the Playground

11. - Top - End - #821
    Halfling in the Playground

1415: My Son of Ether may not make roller blades by replacing the wheels with buzzsaws.
    1415b: Nor may I replace the wheels with chainsaw threads.
    1415c: I may however, make chainswords.
    1416: Forces + Mind + ray gun does not equal Friendship beam.
    1417: I am not allowed to make transformers.
    1417b: If I do make transformers, they explode due to paradox.
    1417c: If I make transformers in the Umbra, they MIGHT not explode due to paradox.
    1418: Unless if I use it as a quintessence battery, I am not allowed to make the allspark.
    1419: No turning people into lawn chairs.
    1419b: No making ray guns that turn people into lawn chairs.
    1419c: No making rocket lawn chair launchers.
    Last edited by Giarc; 2011-10-07 at 02:47 AM.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Pixie in the Playground

1420: The massive damage rule no longer applies to dragons.

13. - Top - End - #823

1421: "Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Warhammer 40,000 Plasma Cannon)" is NOT a viable weapon for my next Ranger/Fighter character.
    1421a: Even if the DM says yes, the party will say no for fear of being caught in a radioactive explosion for when the weapon finally decides to "get hot"
    1422: Likewise, "Exotic Armor Proficiency: XV-8 Crisis" or "EAP: XV-88 Broadside" are banned
    1422a: As is hiring some clerics and artificers, to build and ready a Dreadnought for me to be placed in, upon suffering a mortal wound.
    1422b: As is any sort of Gundam like Real or Super Robot
    1422c: This includes ways I get around it, such as by build WoW sized Pauldrons that store a magical array that shoots out a large number of tiny projectiles, akin to the Alt Eisen Riese's "Avalanche Claymore"
    Final Fantasy XIV Dragoon custom avatar made by Iruka. Thanks Iruka.

14. - Top - End - #824

1423: Creating a character capable of doing damage per turn which must be expressed in scientific notation is strictly prohibited.
    Last edited by byaku rai; 2011-10-07 at 08:02 AM.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Razgriez View Post
    1422c: This includes ways I get around it, such as by build WoW sized Pauldrons that store a magical array that shoots out a large number of tiny projectiles, akin to the Alt Eisen Riese's "Avalanche Claymore"
    I think I love you.

1424: Not allowed to dodge the Ass Kraken's somewhat arbitrarily high Tentacle attack.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DogbertLinc View Post
    I think I love you.

1424: Not allowed to dodge the Ass Kraken's somewhat arbitrarily high Tentacle attack.
    1425: Not allowed to question why the DM is making the group fight an 'Ass Kraken' with tentacle attacks.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

1422a: As is hiring some clerics and artificers, to build and ready a Dreadnought for me to be placed in, upon suffering a mortal wound.
    well I know what my next homebrew project is....

tax
    n+1 not allowed to play a mundane character capable of causing collateral damage on par with a triggerhappy blaster-sorcerer
    (I'm looking at you wyvern fighter-bomber guy!)

n+2 not allowed to build a character capable of "kiting" and single-handedly defeating the boss dude that has 3 more class levels than anyone in the party.

n+3 not allowed to taunt the ork boss

n+4 not allowed to milk kythons for their venom....

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

"
    1422: Likewise, "Exotic Armor Proficiency: XV-8 Crisis" or "EAP: XV-88 Broadside" are banned
    1422a1: This also applies to a Protoss Dragoon.

19. - Top - End - #829

1422b: As is any sort of Gundam like Real or Super Robot
    Ah, yes, super robot analogue armours.

I like your style.
    Playground in the Playground

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    1425: Not allowed to question why the DM is making the group fight an 'Ass Kraken' with tentacle attacks.
    1426. Not allowed to draw connections with certain Japanese media.
    1426a. No, not even if said Japanese media is from the 19th century.
    1426b. Especially if it's from 1814.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    GitP: The only place where D&D and Cantorian Set Theory combine. Also a place of madness, and small fairy cakes.

21. - Top - End - #831

1427: I am no longer allowed to participate in any game which can possibly be described as sci-fi, not since the Titan incident.

1428: As a rule of thumb, I cannot wield any weapon larger than myself.

1429: Pet robots count as weapons, as do animal companions, in regard to 1428.

22. - Top - End - #832

Kobold

1430: I am no longer allowed to start my character with a manic depressive intelligent weapon, even if I did roll up my starting equipment randomly with witnesses.
    1431: Likewise, I am no longer allowed to make my character have a lower EGO to said manic depressive intelligent weapon.
    1332: I may not use Sleight of Hand to make the quill disappear.
    Last edited by Amoren; 2011-10-08 at 05:28 PM.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

1433:May no longer have access to time travel and any form of immortality.

1434:May no longer base a character on Mister Rodgers

1435:May no longer play a gestalt of Paladin of Slaughter/Barbarian then go into both Frenzied Berserker and Black Guard switching between them every level.
    Last edited by wiimanclassic; 2011-10-09 at 08:17 PM.

24. - Top - End - #834

SwashbucklerGuy

1436: Not allowed to run from a fight when the rest of the party sticks behind and dukes it out.

1436A: Even if I am shaken and don't think I can do anything of use.

1436B: If I do run, I can fully expect half the party to simply walk away from the next encounter while I get attacked.

1436C: If I try to run from THAT encounter after finding my attacks completely useless, I should not be surprised when the Master Thrower grabs me and throws me back into the room.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wiimanclassic View Post
    1434:May no longer base a character on Mister Rodgers
    I think that's called a diplomancer.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

26. - Top - End - #836
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    I think that's called a diplomancer.
    Maybe but honestly it was the first time I played and goddman was it weird. Mostly why I haven't played 3.5 in a while.

1437:The Barbarian will never be the party face.
    1437b:If 1434 Applies to the above Barbarian just pretend this never happened.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

1438. I may not spend 20 minutes carefully planning out a wall-based damaging/locking down spell in order to maximize targets affected while minimizing the damage to the party...only to forget to cast defensively and cause the spell to fail.
    1438b. Especially when I play nothing but casters all the time. I should know better!

1439. I may not abuse the Create Undead warlock invocation by hole-ing up in a black onyx mine for an extended period of time. Even if I made the 1 in 100 roll of actually finding aforementioned mine.

28. - Top - End - #838

BlueKnightGuy

1440: No matter what my DM says, it is applicable for my character to have knowledge skills even if some of their levels are invested in barbarian
    1441: a campaign where three dimensional characters is one you should walk away from very quickly
    1441a: or make a steriotypical wizard specifically to make the DM cry
    1441b: most definatly, do not make a rage-mage with maxed out knowledge skills thanks to able learner just to jerk every string I can

29. - Top - End - #839

ClericGuy

1442: Not all halfling men are thieves.
    1442 a: not all halfling women are whores, literally the kind you pay for.
    1442 b: I may never use the phrase, "Go down faster than a halfling woman that saw your moneybag." while in a halfling thieves guild, while my party members are in Tense negotiations.
    1442 c: I will not follow this up with "Well except for your mom last night, she had to get up on a table first." after being confronted for my first comment by the head of the thieves guild.
    1442 d: I may not flush out the hiding halfling rogues by using Molotov cocktails and splitting open the two kegs of rotgut vodka and setting the entire room on fire. Even if my Dr, fire resist, and regeneration means I take no damage.

All roleplaying after a failed diplomacy, bluff, and another diplomacy roll by guess what? my barbarian.
    Last edited by The Reverend; 2011-10-11 at 09:10 AM.
    I will be master of "pushy pull slidy nothingf@c$1ng stacks" also known as 4th edition.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Does your party leader now have a "1742e) I may never allow the barbarian to be in the vicinity during tense negotiations?" list entry?