New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1489
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing II: Stop Making The DM Cry

query: how did we get from 1999 to 1935? I know 2000 is a scary number but...

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

2001: As a trained orator and stage actor I am NEVER allowed to play a Bard or the party face. Because improving speeches, conversation, and arguments that were clearly Nat 20s is just not fair to the dm.
    I will be master of "pushy pull slidy nothingf@c$1ng stacks" also known as 4th edition.

3. - Top - End - #1353

SwashbucklerGuy

Next post should be 2007.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

2007: This is not my theme song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8MO2...eature=related
    2008: Zen Monks are no longer allowed
    2008b: I can no longer play a combat maneuver master
    2008c: I can't play monks ever again
    2009: When left alone my character cannot secretly rig all the alchemist fires and other explosives he carries to the bag of holding being opened.
    2010: Portable Hole and Bag of Holding arrows are no longer allowed
    Check Out
    Check out my youtube channel just click here and enjoy?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    You're a frickin' ninja below me, too!? You got mad skills, Vknight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Rogue vs. Dog. (The new Cat vs. Commoner, only not amusing!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    You are making the assumption of rational planning. After 37 years of dungeon crawling, I still have zero evidence that the average dungeon was designed by the sane.
    "Sleep is optional, just ask Vknight" Someone I Forget but thanks... I don't

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Dwarf in the Playground

2011: Make a whole order of Paladins fall because the all attempted to kill me and I was Lawful Good.
    2011a: It was also considered in bad taste to Butcher them all once they were fallen.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlackestOfMages View Post
    query: how did we get from 1999 to 1935? I know 2000 is a scary number but...
    Left turn at Albuquerque?

2012: Just because your alignment is lawful good, that doesn't mean that any random bystanders you slaughter must have been evil cultists or something (because, being lawful good you otherwise would not have killed them...)
    Come, visit the exotic desert beauty of the City of Zangiers!
    (Just be sure to bring a sharp sword and sharper wits.)

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Dwarf in the Playground

2013: I am not aloud to cast teleport on an enemy so that they fall 5ft, then teleport them again before they hit the ground, and continue doing this until they reach terminal volasity.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer Jack View Post
    2013: I am not aloud to cast teleport on an enemy so that they fall 5ft, then teleport them again before they hit the ground, and continue doing this until they reach terminal volasity.
    Well of course not. It takes barely less than a second to fall e feet even from rest. They'd hit the ground well in advance of you being able to cast teleport a second time.

2014: Wizards are not to be used as shields.
    2014b: Especially if I pick them up and keep going.
    2014c: No, that does not mean pick up a barbarian instead.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Halfling in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

2015: I am not allowed to start a zombie apocalypse just to prove I can. This goes for in the game as well as real life.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rankar View Post
    2015: I am not allowed to start a zombie apocalypse just to prove I can. This goes for in the game as well as real life.
    2015b: reanimating the DM if he dies of natural causes is in bad taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

11. - Top - End - #1361

BlueKnightGuy

2015c: Unless the game was in the last stages, in which case it is not only acceptable but encouraged

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

2015d: Keeping his severed head alive in your fridge afterwards, on the other hand, is just plain wrong.

13. - Top - End - #1363

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    2015d: Keeping his severed head alive in your fridge afterwards, on the other hand, is just plain wrong.
    2015e: Unless he's a good cook, where it's just practicallity

2016: May not make points to why zombie based reanimation is not herrendously wrong

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EspritRequin View Post
    2014c: No, that does not mean pick up a barbarian instead.
    Quite frankly, if you can pick up a barbarian and use him as a shield, you've earned the right to.

2017: May not argue that the ability to pull off ridiculous antics equals the right to.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkathellar View Post
    Say you're a crazy person.

Not "some meds and therapy later and you're fine" crazy, not "ha! she so crazy!" crazy, you're mad scientist crazy.

So you go to science school, where you find out that science actually doesn't work like that. Partially because you live in medieval stasis where the closest thing people have to electrical energy is a bunch of guys pushing a wheelbarrow, and partially because science doesn't actually work like that.
    Thanks to Thecrimsonmage for the avatar.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    2015e: Unless he had promised to do a follow up after the original game, or you intend to attach his head to a robot body.

16. - Top - End - #1366

SwashbucklerGuy

2018: May not base any characters on any of GlaDOS's personality spheres.
    2019: May not base any characters on GlaDOS.
    2020: Mat NOT base any characters on Wheatley.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

17. - Top - End - #1367

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer Jack View Post
    2015e: Unless he had promised to do a follow up after the original game, or you intend to attach his head to a robot body.
    2015f: If his head ever says "Kill me." I am obligated to say "Later."

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ogre in the Playground

2021: I can't sneak attack using a thrown cat.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

2021a: Of course not. It's the cat that's attacking. No it doesn't get sneak attack either.
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2

20. - Top - End - #1370

HalfOrcPirate

2021b: unless its an awakened cat with levels in rogue in which case its perfectly acceptable (gotta explain how higher level commoners get killed)

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Orc in the Playground

2022: In DFRPG must not acquire Supernatural Speed solely so that I can run up and punch people with guns in the face, when I was out of their range at the start of the exchange.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    And don't forget that a lack of skills needn't be a problem - in a pinch, BAB can substitute for a lot of skills! Diplomacy ("If you be friend, me no stab in face"), Hide ("If you no see, me no stab in face"), Move Silently ("If you no hear, me no stab in face"), Open Lock ("Me stab lock in face with adamantine dagger"), Heal ("Me stab you in face until you no dying anymore"), Climb ("Me stab rock face"), and so on!

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

2023: I am never allowed to make a bargain with greater fae, as it will always come back to haunt me later.
    2023a: Unless this is the basis for a character concept.
    He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. -Friedrich Nietziche

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ogre in the Playground

A few random ones:

2024: Rakasha are not Charlie Sheen, even if pathfinder fluff says they are devoted to carnal sin.
    2024.b: They do not have Adonis D.N.A, and they are not from mars.
    2024.C: Nor are they required to be Vatican clerics, assassins, or warlocks.
    2024.D: My character can be any of the above, DM permitting, but if he is all of the above simitaiously, he dies. It doesn't matter if he us unoptimised!

2025: not, at any point, to have more attacks per round than the caster has spells per day
    2025.B: At epic level, this is acceptable, but still crass.

2026: even if I am a Tetori monk, cannot grapple a giant thrice my size and win.

And some 4th ed goodness from mah campaign.

2027: if a member of the party is trying to maul and rob friendly npcs, they are to check if the rest of the party is on board with it.
    2027: Not to snerk on how they got what they deserved if their intimidate check results in the leprechauns laughing at them.
    2027.B: The D.M is not to be surprised if, when the plot battle starts, this same player immediately bun-rushes and slays the nearest leprechaun, possession or no.

2028: uprooting a tree in one strike will not endear me to the same group of leprechauns.
    2028.B: besides, aren't I meant to be a WARDEN?

2029: The rogue should think twice before rushing to the frontline of the battle.
    2029: Earth spikes or otherwise, my foes' deathbed was not a bed of nails.

2030: the Hag BBEG is not Grunty, and her giant cohort is not Klungo.
    2030.B Not to point out the hypocrisy of her saying not to meddle in her affairs after she kidnapped the heirs of two countries on the brink of war.
    2030.C: I am to refrain from speaking elaborate death threats if there is a chance that their target is of a MUCH higher level than me.

2032: not allowed to tag passing locations using my character's symbol.
    2033: doing so on the corpses of fallen foes is just crass.

2034: If the keys to the Big Bad's castle are a shamrock, an oak, a Rose, and a maple, not to just pick bits off random plants and hope it works.

To be fair, a lot of these players were new.
    Last edited by Doorhandle; 2011-12-18 at 02:28 AM.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

24. - Top - End - #1374

BlueKnightGuy

2035: Persisted Timestop is considered crass, no matter how I look at it
    2035a: May not get that 8 hours rest + spell preparation during my persisted time stop
    2035b: Making a hopscotch chain with teleportation circles during this time is right out
    2035c: As is Move Earth
    2035d: Prestidigitation to give my foes/allies silly faces and/or mustaches is considered wrong as well
    2035e: Restarting the chain just before it run out will get my fellow players trying to harm me.
    2035f: further more so if I am the DM
    2035g: Screw it, No time stop

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Barbarian in the Playground

2036: Though it's considered nice/Good to raise the orphaned little animal after you kill it's mother; going out looking for nursing mothers to slay so that you can raise their babies into a bunch of animals to fight for you is considered poor taste and will cause an Alignment Shift toward Evil.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ogre in the Playground

2036a If you are a Ranger, however, this is considered an approprate tactic and will merely shift your alignment to Neutral.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Dwarf in the Playground

2037:
    It is considered moronic to say, "You and what army?" when talking to the high king.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

2037.b. Or a high wizard.
    2037.c. Really saying it to anyone is problematic.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Dwarf in the Playground

2037d: or a necromancer in a graveyard.
    2037e: and responding to it by, "Punting his dwarf ass to the moon after he finishes that sentence." is unacceptable.

30. - Top - End - #1380

BlueKnightGuy

2037d: Yes, even the peseant you just robbed. most storylines will have him and the high king be the same person.