New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing II: Stop Making The DM Cry

178. I may not use Glibness to convince someone that they're married to me. Even if they have a Charisma of 18.

Fourthland: A Game of Abstraction
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virdish
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark
    There have also been times where I was jealous of your ingenuity and skills.

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

179: I may not graphically explain the differences between each charisma score, when applied to Females.
    ~ Thanks to Crimmy for Richardtar ~

3. - Top - End - #123

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lord View Post
    179: I may not graphically explain the differences between each charisma score, when applied to Females.
    180. Nor may I make a size chart for the charisma scores pertaining to males.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

181. I may not explain the effects of Eagle's Splendor on said descriptions.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

182. Or Greater Visage of the Deity.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

183. Even if I do cast disjunction on the Kraken, it does not revert to its component parts of Crab and Chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

184. I may not use Shatter on a Staff of Power.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128

RedWizardGuy

185: I may not make a Mutants and Masterminds Character that can take 10 to hack Oracle's mainframe at PL 8.

186: I may no longer combine the Total Defense action with Improved Defense, Elusive Target, Acrobatic Bluff, Redirect, Counter Attack, Defensive Attack and Combat Reflexes.
    My Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

186a. But the Dodge feat is okay because it stinks.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

187. My Druids animal companion probably should not be a better fighter then the fighter.
    188. It certanly shouldnt be a better rouge then the rouge.
    189. Even if it rolls a nat 20, a Riding Dog cannot pick locks. Or Disarm Traps.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground

188a. I can no longer "just roll with it" when I misspell "rogue" as "rouge" on my character sheet.
    Last edited by Axinian; 2011-07-14 at 12:34 AM.
    Spoiler: Campaign Journals
    Show

Axinia: My campaign setting.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

190 I will not refer to a greatsword/greataxe/earthbreaker hammer as a "Barbarian lockpick."
    Last edited by Ravens_cry; 2011-07-14 at 12:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

13. - Top - End - #133
    Colossus in the Playground

191. I may not use glibness to convince the party having an injured person dance and sing "I'm a Little Teapot" as I cast on them will increase the restorative power of my cure spells.

192. Especially not when I'm healing them in front of the BBEG

193. Really, I'm just banned from humiliating my party members in front of the BBEG in general

194. Just so I'm clear, this does include using a scroll of gust of wind to blow up the female fighter's skirt when she's adjacent to the evil vampire who's level-draining her.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    194. Just so I'm clear, this does include using a scroll of gust of wind to blow up the female fighter's skirt when she's adjacent to the evil vampire who's level-draining her.
    194a. Using a fireball to blow up the female fighter's skirt is at least as strongly frowned upon.
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.

15. - Top - End - #135

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    194a. Using a fireball to blow up the female fighter's skirt is at least as strongly frowned upon.
    194b. Not quite. If said fireball actually harms the vampire in the process, then I might be able to get away with it.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    194b. Not quite. If said fireball actually harms the vampire in the process, then I might be able to get away with it.
    194c. "Hey! I was dealing with it! *grumblemengrumble* "

17. - Top - End - #137

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    194c. "Hey! I was dealing with it! *grumblemengrumble* "
    194d. Exactly!

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

195. I cannot use Mage Hand to lift up the skirt of an attractive girl.
    195a. I cannot use suggestion to convince them to have a one-night stand with me.
    195b. I am no longer allowed to play spellcasters.

I just gave myself some ideas.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-07-14 at 02:18 AM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

196. It is inappropriate and a violation of privacy to put my familiar in a room with various other creatures of the same species and opposite sex and then sit back and turn on my empathic link.

20. - Top - End - #140

197: I may not exterminate the Catfolk race by doing physics OOC.

198: It may or may not work IC.

199: My character cannot be the most optimized in the party despite being a Monk.

200: I cannot use the Touch of Golden Ice Feat (BoED) to poke the Evil Dread Necromancer in the party until they agree to turn good.

21. - Top - End - #141

201: If the CoC game is set in the present day and in the city all the players live in, my player character will not be the GM.
    Demiliches. Why'd it have to be demiliches?

22. - Top - End - #142

202. No matter how much I want it my cohorts/followers/devotees can not all be scantily clad women with at least 18 Charisma.
    Amazing avatar by Ceika
    “A player is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    You're the Stalin of dice!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

203: I can't make magically infused babies with Profession: Midwife and Master Craftsman.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Banned

BlackDragon

204: I am not allowed to create a Selective Anti-magic field that blocks everybody elses spells and magic items but not my own.
    Something about being overpowered.

205: I am not allowed to use a combination of Greater Invisibility, Flight and Silenced Spells.

206: I am not allowed to use Greater Invisibility or any variation thereof, at all, end of discussion.

207: I am not allowed to use the Time Stop + Delayed Blast Fireball trick.

207a: Especially not if i do it every encounter.

208: I am not allowed to go nova on the BBEG in the middle of his monologue.

209: I am not allowed to carry around a laser-reflecting mirror.

210: I am not allowed to use Stilled Silenced Fireball to set the tavern on fire without anybody realizing it was me.

211: I am not allowed to shapechange into a dragon, ever.

212: I am not allowed to play characters with a Wisdom penalty.
    Last edited by Mixt; 2011-07-14 at 07:38 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Bugbear in the Playground

213. I will not ready an action to dismiss the Jump spell I cast on the cleric "for the lulz."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

214. I am not allowed to write "property of the nine Hells" on the Paladins cloak wen the Inquisition comes for a visit.

215. also no use of illusions to make his horse pink.

216. after clearing with the GM that a Druids poison resist includes alcohol, challenging everyone to a drinking game is not the solution to every problem.

217. I shall not use that drinking game to trick the paladin in to lying and other things that make him fall.

218. Nor should i point out that wen my poison resist works on alcohol that would mean the Paladin used "Poison" in the drinking game.

219. I will never again build a hot tub under the paladins bedroom window.

220. nor shall i use the hot tub as an excuse to start an exotic dance club. even if i make a lot of gold doing so.

221. especially wen my sole intent was to get the paladins followers as premium members.

27. - Top - End - #147

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    213. I will not ready an action to dismiss the Fly spell I cast on the cleric "for the lulz."
    Fixed that for you.

222. Yuan T.K.O. is not allowed.

Also, isn't this thread mighty similar to the '2000 things I'm not allowed to do in a an RPG' thread?

@V: I think that's best done away from these boards.
    Last edited by HalfDragonCube; 2011-07-14 at 09:45 AM.
    Normal avatar by Qwernt, ponytar by Akrim.elf and squishydoll by Recaiden. Thanks guys!

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cadd View Post
    203: I can't make magically infused babies with Profession: Midwife and Master Craftsman.
    I think we need a little talk about where babies actually come from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    I think we need a little talk about where babies actually come from.
    Right. It's not Profession: Midwife that makes the baby - they only help in the polishing up of the finished product. Craft: Baby is where it's at.

223. I may not carry loot inside my stomach such that it doesn't count towards my encumbrance.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    Right. It's not Profession: Midwife that makes the baby - they only help in the polishing up of the finished product. Craft: Baby is where it's at.

223. I may not carry loot inside my stomach such that it doesn't count towards my encumbrance.
    isn't there a spell for that? hoard gullet I believe it's from Dragon Magic