New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: ATW's Awesome Androgynous Avaricious Azure Ardent Adamant Alluvial Random Banter

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    The protein or the Belgian comic?
    The protein.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: ATW's Awesome Androgynous Avaricious Azure Ardent Adamant Alluvial Random Banter

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    The protein.
    So long and so short?
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

So long and so short?
    Yep.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Yes he is. Specificly the mod of it for Civ 4. I bring that up since it seems there may be more then one version due to your white text.
    Yes, I'm talking about Fall from Heaven 2, the awesome mod for Civilization 4, Beyond the Sword (the first one was also a mod, FYI, and boy do I sound like I'm in a comercial). It's a mod, so it's free, but you have to excuse some of the bugs. If you have Civ 4 (and preferably BtS as well), you should really get it. Just google "Fall from Heaven 2" and click the topmost link to the Civfanatics forum to download it from there.

On this topic, with my renewed tactics, I breezed through the troublesome scenario with little trouble (go tautology). Wohoo!
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Yes, I'm talking about Fall from Heaven 2, the awesome mod for Civilization 4, Beyond the Sword (the first one was also a mod, FYI, and boy do I sound like I'm in a comercial). It's a mod, so it's free, but you have to excuse some of the bugs. If you have Civ 4 (and preferably BtS as well), you should really get it. Just google "Fall from Heaven 2" and click the topmost link to the Civfanatics forum to download it from there.

On this topic, with my renewed tactics, I breezed through the troublesome scenario with little trouble (go tautology). Wohoo!
    Yay for succeding! Speaking of succeding, I may be getting Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 soon, via mail order. So I've got a question for you guys. What is your opinion on Dynasty Warrior style games?

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

ahh to be back in RB
    its been a bit
    i love you all
    My Metal Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychedelicBard View Post
    I think we can all agree in one thing. Metal + Pirates = Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Dwarves, like pirates, simply become more proficient as they becomes more intoxicated.
    Thanks to Crimmy for the awesome avatar
    Come join the Giantitp Chat on Facebook!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    ahh to be back in RB
    its been a bit
    i love you all
    Yays! *Hug*

... I love all of you too...
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

<3

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

I walked about 4 miles to a used bookstore to see if they had any openings for help.
    I left with The Color of Magic and Good Omens.
    I think this is a good compromise.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just saw the last HP movie. Thumbs up from me. My fiancee complained about something that wasn't in the book but made it to the movie. I pointed out that while it may not have been in the book, I thought it made the scene pretty B.A.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    Just saw the last HP movie. Thumbs up from me. My fiancee complained about something that wasn't in the book but made it to the movie. I pointed out that while it may not have been in the book, I thought it made the scene pretty B.A.
    Coming from someone who re-read the book shortly before, I had several accuracy problems with the Battle of Hogwarts. It was still pretty good though.
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.
    Also, feel free to PM if you need an avatar.

Cypress RP profile

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

Just returned from the movie. It was most undoubtedly a Medieval epic, where sword duels were instead replaced by wand fights.

Destroyed castles and and light shows, pretty entertaining.

Though I was rather turned off by the inglorious deaths of Nimphadora and Remus, Neville's epic blow compensated it though. The only REALLY annoying thing was that they gave way to much screen time to a secondary character such as Harry, it's obvious Neville is the main character. Also, I was rather annoyed that Harry didn't tell his son that Snape was his grandfather.

But overall, after convincing a few other movie-goers of the before mentioned, I fell rather hyped and would recommend it.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

12. - Top - End - #282

Just returned from the movie. It was most undoubtedly a Medieval epic, where sword duels were instead replaced by wand fights.

Destroyed castles and and light shows, pretty entertaining.

Though I was rather turned off by the inglorious deaths of Nimphadora and Remus, Neville's epic blow compensated it though. The only REALLY annoying thing was that they gave way to much screen time to a secondary character such as Harry, it's obvious Neville is the main character. Also, I was rather annoyed that Harry didn't tell his son that Snape was his grandfather.

But overall, after convincing a few other movie-goers of the before mentioned, I fell rather hyped and would recommend it.
    I agree about Tonks and Lupin, although it never outlines their deaths in the book. What really upset me was the lack of Fred's death scene, and the way Harry stole Neville's snake killing moment.

I don't know what you're talking about Snape being Harry's grandfather though...
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.

Cypress RP profile

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eruantion View Post
    I had several accuracy problems with the Battle of Hogwarts.
    I acknowledge that you haven't been doing what I'm about to complain about but I'm just using it as a segue.

I've heard a number of people rather loudly complaining about the "horrible inaccuracies" in this film, I quote that both because I'm directly quoting them and because it's ironic. So far the biggest complaint I've heard was
    Spoiler
    Show
    that the big fight was supposed to be inside not over a bridge
    that's the BIGGEST complaint. What the hell is wrong with Harry Potter fans? A scenery change is not something to rail about. It's a movie, bigger things than that typically get changed in the transition from book to movie, it usually has to, books cannot be translated exactly from book to movie without the movie just not working right.

Again, I have no evidence of Eruantion doing this nor am I accusing him/her of doing so, but I have seen others doing it and I can't wrap my head around the disparity between such a minor difference and the amount of complaining I've heard from awkward kids in sweater vests. I just don't get it.

Maybe some of the resident bigger fans of the series than I (I only read the first 5 books, but enjoy the movies way more than the books) can explain why it's such a big deal, because I really hope there's something huge I'm missing over the whole thing.
    End of line.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eruantion View Post
    I agree about Tonks and Lupin, although it never outlines their deaths in the book. What really upset me was the lack of Fred's death scene, and the way Harry stole Neville's snake killing moment.

I don't know what you're talking about Snape being Harry's grandfather though...
    Agreed, Tonks and Lupin were THE couple in the books, meanwhile here we just see their corpses together. At least give me their damn death scene.

Also, Neville killing Nagini and by extension Voldemort was overshadowed by special effects, if there had been a nuke or something perhaps people would have noticed Neville's importance.

Snape is Harry's father. Rowling doesn't exist.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Man, real life is stranger then fiction. That, or my mom's Slughorn is disguise.

EDIT:

Agreed, Tonks and Lupin were THE couple in the books, meanwhile here we just see their corpses together. At least give me their damn death scene.
    Was Teddy even mentioned once?
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2011-07-16 at 11:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Man, real life is stranger then fiction. That, or my mom's Slughorn is disguise.
    A teacher at my school is Bellatrix then. And also a professional singer.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    EDIT:Was Teddy even mentioned once?
    Yes he was, but not mentioned by name. Harry takes care of him when crossing into 3/4 and Lupin asks Harry to tell him who his parents were and why they died when he has the resurrection stone.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-07-16 at 11:14 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

A teacher at my school is Bellatrix then.
    Well, I was talking about personality wise, so I hope she isn't. Because a recent family story is sure making my mom seem like a blowhard, even if it is true.

Oh, and Bellatrix is hotter.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Barbarian in the Playground

[vent]

I'd just like to say that I'm getting extremely ticked with a couple of my fiancee's friends. They're getting married two months before us. That's fine. But my fiancee has been working on plans for our wedding since Christmas, when I proposed. This couple has done next to NOTHING to plan for theirs, and it seems that everytime my fiancee comes up with an idea and happens to mention it, they are suddenly using that EXACT SAME IDEA!!!!

[/vent]

You may now continue your regularly scheduled Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 discussion.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

19. - Top - End - #289

Quote Originally Posted by Pentachoron View Post
    I acknowledge that you haven't been doing what I'm about to complain about but I'm just using it as a segue.

I've heard a number of people rather loudly complaining about the "horrible inaccuracies" in this film, I quote that both because I'm directly quoting them and because it's ironic. So far the biggest complaint I've heard was
    Spoiler
    Show
    that the big fight was supposed to be inside not over a bridge
    that's the BIGGEST complaint. What the hell is wrong with Harry Potter fans? A scenery change is not something to rail about. It's a movie, bigger things than that typically get changed in the transition from book to movie, it usually has to, books cannot be translated exactly from book to movie without the movie just not working right.

Again, I have no evidence of Eruantion doing this nor am I accusing him/her of doing so, but I have seen others doing it and I can't wrap my head around the disparity between such a minor difference and the amount of complaining I've heard from awkward kids in sweater vests. I just don't get it.
    The thing is (at least my main problem) is they had an entire movie, up to three hours, in which they could put the entire Battle of Hogwarts and spare no detail. What they did is take only about 2 hours and 10 minutes and change/add a bunch of stuff that had nothing to do with the book. My real problem isn't that they put the final duel in the slightly wrong place or left out a character's death- my problem is that they easily could.

You give me too much credit, sir
    Last edited by Eruantion; 2011-07-16 at 11:52 PM.

Cypress RP profile

20. - Top - End - #290

BlackDragon

I've not seen the film nor read the book, but to my mind moving climactic duels and the like somewhere else is part of the inevitable transition from book to movie. Presumably it was decided that the movie location was more VISUALLY dramatic than the book location, and that's kind of an important consideration when you're talking about a visual medium!

Besides, J.K. Rowling herself has a pretty much unprecedented amount of control over these movies--if she'd said that it was vital the duel took place where it did in the book, it would have taken place there. The fact it didn't implies it simply didn't matter that much where it happened.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Firbolg in the Playground

Just gonna say, guys, spoilers. I don't really care in this particular case, but some people do.
    Also, the film has its own thread over in Media Discussions. That's where I'll likely be posting my views after I see the film today.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

22. - Top - End - #292

My friend was kind enough to invite me to go see the new Harry Potter movie, so I'll be seeing it today as well.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

Meh, i'm not sure i udnerstand all the hype, as far as ending go for such a series, the book was pretty weak.

(Also people, on a perfectly unrealted note, just how scarily fast do you go through these random banter threads ? )
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2011-07-17 at 12:05 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    (Also people, on a perfectly unrealted note, just how scarily fast do you go through these random banter threads?)
    As fast as the conductor of the train will allow.

25. - Top - End - #295

I myself won't be seeing Harry Potter simply because I'm traveling around Europe and seeing various interesting things. I'll watch it when I get home. Knowing these movies, it'll probably still be in theaters by then.

In other news, I've started to grow out a beard. I'm 9 days in and MY FACE ITCHES. ARRRRRRGH!!!!!!

*frantically scratches at hairy cheeks*

There is no relief!
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

26. - Top - End - #296

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    (Also people, on a perfectly unrealted note, just how scarily fast do you go through these random banter threads ? )
    It's taken this one three and a half days to get to 10 pages...that probably counts as a record for one of the slowest ever!

27. - Top - End - #297
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Spoiler
    Show

YES! YES! YES!
    I thought I missed the chance to meet and get Civitelli to sign one of my Tex Willer comics, but he was at Gibicon today again!
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    It's taken this one three and a half days to get to 10 pages...that probably counts as a record for one of the slowest ever!
    Ya... I remember we once got 8 pages or something in about half a day. So many puns...
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

<3

29. - Top - End - #299

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    Ya... I remember we once got 8 pages or something in about half a day. So many puns...
    Indeed. We just eight our way through all that forum-space.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed. We just eight our way through all that forum-space.
    For a number of days, I certainly felt like we one. Two bad it had to end.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

<3