New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "A god has nothing to do with it." Percival says, trying to step around and block her exit. His glare is almost palbable, and something horrid shifts beneath his clothes. "And I think I've had enough of your babbling."

One of his hands lashes out, trying to seize her gun-wrist in a... wait, that's not a hand, that's a mouth at the end of his arm. With some rather large teeth.
    As soon as she sees the hand-mouth-thing, she gasps in fright, only to chastise herself mentally for showing such fear. A full blooded Klingon wouldn't have done that....

As soon as she regains her composure, she unsheaths her bat'lethwith the intention of cutting off his arm (the other blades may cause deep gashes in his torso and other arm, if he is not careful).
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ogre in the Playground

The bird will nod his agreement, and say "I also require no payment."

He pauses for a moment.

"Now, what caused this famine?"

After he's finished speaking, he glances over at the impending brawl.

Down the street, but visible from the entrance, if anyone is watching from there, a figure wearing a grey cloak with the hood up is approaching.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Halfling in the Playground

Percy's arm is severed, and his other one gets gashed.

The Nazi screams in pain and grimaces, looking at his stump with wide, bloodshot eyes. His shock turns to rage, and the lights above him flicker out.

The stump, rather than dripping blood, explodes outward. In fact, his blighted ichor might end up blinding the half-klingon as it spews forth. It's more like a harmful chemical than something in a living thing's veins.

From his severed bone, a jagged sword extends, and he brings it forward to stab this irritating woman in the gut.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wxdruid View Post
    Thecla's tail will wag even harder as he scratches behind her ears. She loves a good scratch. Once she's finished with the bamhacon, she'll lick the dish clean and then her muzzle, getting all the little pieces. She doesn't want to leave anything behind.
    Riley would give her some more, but some Nazi's arm just exploded and he's now cowering in fear.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ogre in the Playground

She moves to behead Percival when the chemicals are shot into her eyes. She shouts in pain, stumbling back while wiping her eyes with one hand.

Once they're clear enough to see (though still burning), she's suddenly stabbed! Even with her redundant organ systems, this causes some serious damage. Thinking quickly, she grabs the sword's hilt and pulls it further into her gut, hopefully bringing Percival closer.

Damn, I hope that's reparable..." she thinks, as she attempts to punch his face. She hopes it'll dislocate a jaw, break a nose, or something to that effect.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Oh, my. Very interesting. That's certainly worth his favor.

"I have the information. You will need to share a similar price in information, or you can owe me a favor. The information is classified, only permitted to high-ranking military officials."

Information was one of the most difficult things to find, but also very popular. It's a good thing so many people were willing to give favors.
    ((re-posting this, since apparently C'nor missed it. Don't worry, it happens to us all!))

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Troll in the Playground

Thecla notes teh reaction and turns to watch the fight. She isn't sure if she wants to get involved or not.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Halfling in the Playground

The sword's hilt would be Percy's bloody stump. The bone-blade seems to be extending directly from his elbow.

In any case, pulling the wickedly barbed sword in deeper will likely ruin more of her internal organs. Percival's eyes widen, stunned that she's even still alive. "What--"

Then a punch to the face! The klingon will hear and feel his nose shatter. The Nazi reels backwards, knocking over a table on the way down. Unfortunately, that has the effect of twisting his sword free, causing more damage on the way out.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-08-10 at 08:09 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ogre in the Playground

Riley hides behind Thecla, turned away from the fight with his eyes shut tight.
    "Why is everyone trying to kill each other?"

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Troll in the Playground

Thecla will settle back against him, if he wants to huddle behind her, that's fine with her. She watches, waiting to see the outcome.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ogre in the Playground

Riley grabs the rest of the bamhacon off of the table and sets in down in front of Thecla, hoping it will make her stay near him in case someone tries to hurt him.

(Recaiden) He lives!

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

As soon as the blade twists out, she gasps in pain and collapses. She crawls behind the table, and tries to see what the damage is; she can feel two of her lungs filling with blood, her secondary heart is failing, and the lining of one of her stomachs has been compromised. Crap! She has to get out soon, or she'll die. Hell, she might die even if she does get out now.

She takes out a Hegh'bat. Usually, such a knife is used as part of the ritual suicide ceremony a Klingon must undergo if he is dying. While she certainly qualifies for such a ceremony now, she wouldn't be able to perform it properly without another person to aid her. Instead, she uses it as a throwing knife, attempting to hit him in one of his eyes.

She then attempts to find another chair, presumably to try to beat him with.
    Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-08-10 at 08:17 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Troll in the Playground

Thecla isn't to interested in the remaining bamhacon yet. She's far to interested in watching the fight, but she has no idea who's in the right and who is in the wrong and what the fight is over. She can figure out well enough that Riley doesn't like it and wants her to stay nearby, so she stands on all fours in front of him, watching to see if anyone threatening comes near.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    "I don't need anything from you. Just show," He looks around at the others, "us the way and we will help." Beorn is a nice guy. Just don't be intimidated by him being twice as big as you and the guy next to you.
    Flix nods at Beorn, indicating his agreement. He then turns his back to the elf.

"Do you have any idea where your kindred went?" he asks, keeping his hand on the man's shoulder.
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ogre in the Playground

Riley peers out from behind her, worried for the half-klingon lady.

(Recaiden) He lives!

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    The elf looks around himself, grateful to all those who have spoken up in an offer of aid. The kroot gets a strange look, but no other reaction. It appears the elf expected strange when he arrived.
    "They were... they were gone when I got back." The elf pants, still trying to regain himself. "There was a famine... I don't... I can't pay you, but..." He looks up at those gathered, pleadingly.
    Ah, every story begins with one simple quest and then suddenly you're one of the most powerful persons alive! The hooded person sends cheerfully. Just show me where to start and I will help you with your endeavors. The figure nods.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Bugbear in the Playground

The elf glances up at Flix again, and shakes his head. It's not a shake that would imply ignorance, though. It is a slow look of terror. "I... Oh Gods help us. They were probably taken..." The man shudders visibly, standing. "Come. I'm afraid we don't have much time. We must hurry."

Turning suddenly, the elf heads back the way they had come, shouldering his way through the door.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

Beorn will follow in silence. The bear fey figures this is something much less sinister than it probably is. He hasn't had to deal with scary, horror-y stuff before.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flix also follows the elf out, drawing his pulse carbine from its harness. You can never be too safe with mysterious, possibly sinister circumstances like these.
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside of Trog's]

The Blood Bird follows the elf, as well.

The cloaked and hooded figure I mentioned earlier has arrived. The bird will go perch on her shoulder.

If it's still night, then Karyana will pull back her hood, and say: "Hello. I'm the one that was just talking through the bird. Now, what can you tell us about where we're going? You said something about your family being taken."

She has pale skin, dark hair, and yellow-orange eyes. I'm not going into full detail, but she's a short, relatively pretty, vampire woman matching that description.

If it's day, then she won't pull back her hood, and they can't see what she looks like beyond her height.

[Inside Trog's]

Meanwhile, inside Trog's, Harin pulls out a small disk, and activates a program that begins remote download of the information that's in his pod's memory.

Assuming Phil doesn't have it shielded, of course.

If that's the case, it will be done in about five minutes, and Harin will say "Will this do? It contains all of the information that was in the Firebrand's memory at the time I left. Plans, locations, schematics and blueprints... All of it."

Back in his universe, the Unification Wars are just starting; this could be extremely valuable to the Browncoats. Or the Alliance might pay her not to give it away, or any number of things.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Dwarf in the Playground

She takes the disk. "That will do nicely." She tucks it away and leans back.

"Your ship was destroyed by a third unknown party with a powerful experimental weapon. The destruction of the ship will go on to spur the war, most people believing that it was your enemies. The third party was not seen until after the end of the war, at which point he attempted another attack on the Alliance. This time, his weapon backfired and destroyed the bulk of his forces."

((I trust that does not mar the established canon too bad?))

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "As I said just a personal problem here as well as the fact that I havent made much friends here."

He really didn't thought it will go that was, but well lives a game you never know the next level.
    "I don't really know how to help you with all that, though, sorry. I'm a love and fore goddess, not a social worker or a psychiatrist."

(Recaiden) He lives!

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    She takes the disk. "That will do nicely." She tucks it away and leans back.

"Your ship was destroyed by a third unknown party with a powerful experimental weapon. The destruction of the ship will go on to spur the war, most people believing that it was your enemies. The third party was not seen until after the end of the war, at which point he attempted another attack on the Alliance. This time, his weapon backfired and destroyed the bulk of his forces."

((I trust that does not mar the established canon too bad?))
    ((Not at all. Pretty much all of the established canon is after the war.))

"Thank you."

He pauses for a moment.

"Could you tell me where to find the Silver Key?"
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-08-11 at 10:56 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm? What?

"What is it to? Where might it be? I need as much specific information as possible if I am to help you. Adding a "The" to any item only does so much, you would be surprised how many different thing are called 'The Silver Key'."

There are over 28,480 of them, and that's just the ones she knows about.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's associated with Yog-Sothoth, and allows a sorcerer touched by him to seek an audience."

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oooooh. Mrgr hfm thrbl eldritch horrors.

"I can give you a hint in your search. I have no direct connections to it, but I know a place where you can begin searching. This is a small price, for this knowledge is only uncommon. However..."

The 1:1 dealer leans forward

"If you want this effect, I can help you achieve this without the key. I can make it so that you may seek an audience as if you had the key, either once or at will. But these are much more expensive..."

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ogre in the Playground

"I am not the one seeking audience. I hoped to sell the location of the Key to the one who is."

Harin will pause for a moment.

"As for the location, it wouldn't happen to be the Arkham Street library, would it?"

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Dwarf in the Playground

She leans back.

"It is. That's all I know. If you really want more, I may be able to help..." Cultists are quite willing to make deals with greater powers for slight advantages, "but the price will be... steep. That information is well-hidden." Certainly better hidden than the fate of that ship. If any mortals even know more about it.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2011-08-11 at 11:57 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ogre in the Playground

He stops and thinks for about five minutes, before saying "I believe that I would, yes."

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Dwarf in the Playground

She leans back.

She stays back.

She makes a 'hmm' sound.

She finally gets around to speaking.

"You will either owe me a large, large favor, give a veritable wealth in information, lose both your legs to gangrene, or something of similar worth. This is not cheap information."

...maybe you should think about this...