Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XVIII: Perfect Isn't Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Yay, we finally have Sweetie Welf!

It's so beautiful

And apparently Firefox automativcally saves the new nick. I didn't even realize I had a new one until Rebelhero posted it.

And SiuiS, for August 2, I will do my best to help you make a thread go to ludicrous speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    You may want to avoid us on the 2nd-3rd, then. We have... Plans.
    You're right though, that's a weird way of phrasing things considering the amount o folks we've lost because keeping up was a hassle.
    Wait, when will the marathon take place; from Tuesday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Thursday? In 24 or 48 hours?

So hey folks. I'm having the second thoughts.
    Our planned Marathon for the 3rd, I'm starting to view it more and more as just a stunt. I'm not sure that's a good thing.

We have a couple folks who like the speed we are at now. I can't help but feel like blitzing through the thread is an insult to all the poor ponies who are having trouble keeping up as it is.

Thoughts?
    It's not nice for them, but I'll say we have a party and then let them catch up while we recuperate. It'd be a once in a year event, that should be acceptable.

Y'know, with as much of a jerk as Bon Bon consistently is... I'm not even sure Lyra would be happy with her, sometimes. Like, as much as the fanon is that she's sweet and patient, the actual canon (if you accept that both times it was Bon Bon and not Background Pony #6) seems to paint her as kind of nasty and self centered.

Maybe she'd be better off successfully wooing Twilight after years of loving her from afar.

I dunno. I don't wanna rock the boat. Sometimes, I just have these moments; like, when I say, "Oh right, there's no indication that Soarin is actually a loyalty obsessed soldier in the show."
    That sounds like the first fanon couple fanon divorce.

What did you think you drove people away with?

Also, I haven't added a lot of new stuff to Semper Fi, but I did edit the last 10 pages I wrote. Oh the unnoticed typos.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US Still on the home stretch. Page 59. I hope this hasn't all been a mistake... after 6 weeks or so of this, I'm starting to worry.
    It is risky. But so far it has worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Exchange outside Union Court, the Australian National University:

"Hey, can I interest you in voting for us?"
    "That depends. What's your opinion on ponies?"
    "... ponies? I love ponies."
    "Really? Who's your favourite pony?"
    "I used to do horse riding, and I rode a pony called Princess."
    "... You have a deal. Gimme the flyer."

Eeep! I guess I could. I'm just nervous.

I was contemplating this on the path to school and all I could think about was the ramifications on pony kisses.
    Sir, I salute your awesomeness.
    Last edited by Welf; 2011-08-01 at 04:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Also, thread opening mindscrew time: CelestiaxIronHoofCelestia. You could call it...

*puts on sunglasses*

...a benevolent/dictator 'ship.
    *blink* I must've missed this the first time. That's... brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Let me in.
    Of course! When I run it I'll let you know! And yes, that's a "when" not "if". I was already thinking of writing a Planescape/MLP crossover fic but an actual game would be more fun. Though I pity the poor ponies who leave their Equestrian paradise and end up in Sigil. Talk about culture shock

But I have to finish my Pony/Maid RPG crossover first.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Some Sweetabuse is actually kind of funny. It's because they flanderize her character from "ditzy" to "Ralph Wiggum." It's almost funny watching her be blissfully ignorant of what exactly is going on around her. It's especially funny on the occasions where it backfires on whoever is doing the abuse.

As for it's source, search me.
    I'm still trying to find out how ditzy Sweetie came up in the first place. Maybe I missed something, but she doesn't seem any worse than the rest of the CMC...

Yeah... that was too far. For that sort of character (too cool for school) I should have had her be a magical savant, but not give a darn about any other subject. It didn't make sense, and I realize I threw that in there just for mean humor.

... yeesh, I am a jerk when it comes to Trixie. I gotta watch myself.
    I didn't think it was too bad... Then again I saw her more constantly failing because she just didn't care. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but the schools I went to were woefully lacking in a drama department. If Trixie was stuck in a school that had the funding to allow for proper stage work I could see her doing well, but under this interpretation for her I can see her spending her time working on putting on a better performance and ignoring everything that isn't relevant to that.

Spoilered for potential candy related squick.
    Spoiler
    Show

In Ponyland, they don't have funerals. They have dessert.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Spoilered for potential candy related squick.
    Spoiler
    Show

In Ponyland, they don't have funerals. They have dessert.
    Spoilered for even greater potential squick:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I lol'd hard at that. Mainly because I imagined this:

Somepony (crying):"Oh Andy, I miss you so much, but you're just...so...delicious!"

I'm horrible.
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-08-01 at 04:11 PM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

5. - Top - End - #305
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Somepony (crying):"Oh Andy, I miss you so much, but you're just...so...delicious!"

I'm horrible.
    *Shudders* O-Oh Celestia.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

]Somepony (crying):[COLOR="RoyalBlue""Oh Andy, I miss you so much, but you're just...so...delicious!"[/COLOR]

I'm horrible.
    ...There was a show or game or something that did this. Someone died then they all argued over whether or not to eat him or something. They nibbled his arm I think then declared he didn't taste that good. Then another guy wanted them to promise not to eat him or something? BAH! I can't remember. I think one of them came back and was ticked off that there was a big bite mark on his arm...

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Because this is going to bug me.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

]Somepony (crying):[COLOR="RoyalBlue""Oh Andy, I miss you so much, but you're just...so...delicious!"[/COLOR]

I'm horrible.
    Olympia, I have need of your brain bleaching capabilities.
    I really need to charge for these kind of services.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    I'm still trying to find out how ditzy Sweetie came up in the first place. Maybe I missed something, but she doesn't seem any worse than the rest of the CMC...

I didn't think it was too bad... Then again I saw her more constantly failing because she just didn't care. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but the schools I went to were woefully lacking in a drama department. If Trixie was stuck in a school that had the funding to allow for proper stage work I could see her doing well, but under this interpretation for her I can see her spending her time working on putting on a better performance and ignoring everything that isn't relevant to that.

Ditzy Sweetie Belle is because she's often slow on the uptake and doesn't get some common turns of phrase.

See: her not understanding the expression "bit off more than you could chew."
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

9. - Top - End - #309

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Olympia, I have need of your brain bleaching capabilities.
    I really need to charge for these kind of services.
    Are you sure you want to do that? You saw how that ended up for me! I still can't remember most of the fourth grade, getting my cutie mark... and I still can't distinguish between both sets of memories, for that matter. I seriously wouldn't recommend it.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-08-01 at 04:15 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Ditzy Sweetie Belle is because she's often slow on the uptake and doesn't get some common turns of phrase.

See: her not understanding the expression "bit off more than you could chew."
    I marked that one down as her still being a kid and just not knowing what the older ponies are talking about. And slow on the uptake outside of that is no worse than the rest of the CMC.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I think we should compare My Little Pony to Shakespeare as often as is possible, so, in that spirit, Rarity is a dead ringer for Helena from All's Well That Ends Well (except Rarity has the somewhat less useful skill of dressmaking rather than doctory). They both get what they want through cunning and manipulation, but at the same time they're genuinely well meaning and they go out of their way to help others in need. Blueblood is a bit like Bertram (though that's more of a stretch; if war exists in Equestria, I can't imagine Blublood going off to it), in that they both seem like the picture of chivalry from thirty feet away and the portrait of, uh, the opposite of chivalry from five.
    I can imagine Blueblood as an classic upper class officer who takes care that the casualties on his side aren't too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Ok so i know this has been more then likely discussed, but due to the catatonic thread slow down, we need a new in depth topic. So therefore i ask three questions.

1. What events would you like to see in season 2?

2. if you could place ANY OC pony into the show who would it be, and how would you make their appearance work while staying under the shows parameters?

3. What background pony should become a regular part of the show? (luna and derpy aside because we know they get more screen time now) What should they do? what connection to the mane cast should they have?
    1. Maybe a little more about the original Nightmare Moon incident, altough I heard they are planing that already.

2. I'd say Shimmer.

3. Soarin, Braeburn and Lyra.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    20 minutes isn't that bad. I swear there are days I post and suddenly the thread goes over an hour without response. The first time that happened I legitimately panicked that I had killed the thread and that I was a bad brony and should feel bad about my existence.

But then ponies posted. And all was right with Equestria.
    I thought that only happens to me. Several times after I posted the thread had gone wrong for hours.

Random idea for a story. This is on the list of ones I won't write, so if anyone wants to start off here, go for it.

Celestia has had her eyes on Guardopolis for years, but has always been afraid to make the first move, since she thinks he might be scared off by her. So she's been playing the long game.

Then she finds out that he's been carrying on with Luna since about a month after she came back. She asks around and finds that he'd apparently been aware of her interest in him, but had found her unapproachable (like, via a palace spy/gossip).

How does Celestia deal with the fact that he found SOMEPONY WHO TURNED INTO FREAKING NIGHTMARE MOON more approachable?
    I think someone already did something like that; I read the first part on dA but can't find the link.
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

12. - Top - End - #312
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post

It's so beautiful

And apparently Firefox automativcally saves the new nick. I didn't even realize I had a new one until Rebelhero posted it.
    Ahh wait! What i do?! 0.0
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

13. - Top - End - #313
    Pixie in the Playground

Also, Psycho Shutin, I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS. STOP LURKING. >C

Spoiler
    Show
    You have no way of knowing and no proof that Im lurking, im just reading it and dont have much to say.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Shutin View Post
    You have no way of knowing and no proof that Im lurking, im just reading it and dont have much to say.
    What's this, you have not been welcomed to the herd?
    *surrounds with Pink One cultists*
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-08-01 at 04:22 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

By posting here and quoting that, you have just proved to be lurking.

@Titanium Fox
    Relax, I'm not the Element of Insanity for now reason. Fire away!
    *Boom!*
    You missed!
    Sorry, Lyra, even I am not prepared to risk the wrath of Shimmer Snowflake.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

That sounds like the first fanon couple fanon divorce.
    Don't be sad! Someone mentioned that Bon-Bon was like Peggy Bundy, so they could just live the rest of their lives in an unhappy marriage while Lyra reminisces about her long distant glory days as a rock star harpist and Bon-Bon listens to soap operas on the radio while eating candy! That's better, right?

17. - Top - End - #317

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    What's this, you have not been welcomed to the herd?
    *surrounds with Pink One cultists*
    I KNEW IT! GET BACK HERE! D<

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Applebloom: Fluttershy! Your chickens are on the loose!
    Sweetie: I wonder what could've caused that.
    Applebloom: ...

And now for anti-Sweetabuse:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

Don't be sad! Someone mentioned that Bon-Bon was like Peggy Bundy, so they could just live the rest of their lives in an unhappy marriage while Lyra reminisces about her long distant glory days as a rock star harpist and Bon-Bon listens to soap operas on the radio while eating candy! That's better, right?
    Lyra now works as a horseshoe salespony. Their neighbors are weird late 80s-early 90s stereotypes.

Married with Foals!

"Lyraaaa, let's have sex."

"Eh, okay."
    (flushes toilet)
    I REGRET NOTHING!
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

20. - Top - End - #320

First post from a bus! Now I can get my daily overdose of pony from anywhere!

Lets get dangerous!

Actually speaking of which, at the office this afternoon we had a quick IT meeting, and my boss decided at the last minute to use my laptop for the projector. Lemme tell you what, I did not know I could kill my browsing history and cookies as fast as I did at that moment, woo-wee!

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Lyra now works as a horseshoe salespony. Their neighbors are weird late 80s-early 90s stereotypes.

Married with Foals!

"Lyraaaa, let's have sex."

"Eh, okay."
    (flushes toilet)
    I REGRET NOTHING!
    I... don't get the joke. (The Simpsons clip was funny, but I had no idea what's it referencing tbh).

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I... don't get the joke. (The Simpsons clip was funny, but I had no idea what's it referencing tbh).
    The sitcom Married with Children. It's an overly mean swipe at it. When people compare Bon Bon to Peggy Bundy, she's the wife/mom on the show.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Ahh wait! What i do?! 0.0
    There was nothing you could do.

...divorces sounds okay now.

The clothes... from an outside POV, it's so that you know it's a wild west episode. From an in universe thing, it could be intended as protection of some sort?
    Spoiler
    Show

― Joseph Stalin

24. - Top - End - #324

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    First post from a bus! Now I can get my daily overdose of pony from anywhere!

Lets get dangerous!

Actually speaking of which, at the office this afternoon we had a quick IT meeting, and my boss decided at the last minute to use my laptop for the projector. Lemme tell you what, I did not know I could kill my browsing history and cookies as fast as I did at that moment, woo-wee!
    Hey, at least you didn't forget you had a pony background when that happened. That was the case with me at my work last week. >.>

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

There was nothing you could do.

...divorces sounds okay now.

Spoiler
    Show

Twilight: I'm intrigued.

Applejack: Oh great. Just how many of y'all am ah gonna wind up with as in-laws?

26. - Top - End - #326

Hey, at least you didn't forget you had a pony background when that happened. That was the case with me at my work last week. >.>
    That's exactly why I have to strongly resist the desire to have a rainbow dash background, because there ain't no way I'd get out of that no sites. Well, none of the obvious ones at least ^^;;

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

Twilight: I'm intrigued.

Applejack: Oh great. Just how many of y'all am ah gonna wind up with as in-laws?
    All of them! The perfect random fic premise: all of AJ's friends end up with her (admittedly) large extended family and commence driving her crazy...

There's an Apple for everypony!

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

All of them! The perfect random fic premise: all of AJ's friends end up with her (admittedly) large extended family and commence driving her crazy...

There's an Apple for everypony!
    Do you want to tie up all the shipping loose ends in your fanfic continuity?

There's an Ap(ple) for that.

Actually, who do people like with Braeburn? It's come up before, but I forget. Plus, Braeburn is fun to talk about. He's Pony Owen Wilson AND a cowboy.

... we need to team him up with Pony Jackie Chan STAT.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Firbolg in the Playground

BigPink and DashBurn
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

Do you want to tie up all the shipping loose ends in your fanfic continuity?

There's an Ap(ple) for that.

Actually, who do people like with Braeburn? It's come up before, but I forget. Plus, Braeburn is fun to talk about. He's Pony Owen Wilson AND a cowboy.

... we need to team him up with Pony Jackie Chan STAT.
    I actually think he and Twilight could be cute together. Very different, but cute. The way I see it, he's got charm and is good-natured enough to deal with Twilight when she's being stubborn, and she could discover a whole new side of herself as she begins to fall for his charms.

Spoiler
    Show