New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony XVIII: Perfect Isn't Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post

Clearly.
    Who's a silly pony?
    You're a silly pony!
    Who is? You is!
    Hipsterjack

[EDIT] Huh, top of the page for a second time in a row. Funny timing.
    Last edited by erikun; 2011-08-01 at 09:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

2. - Top - End - #422
    Dwarf in the Playground

Clearly.
    ...You know what is REALLY scary about this picture? It totally looks like my driver's license picture.. I mean, minus the being a pony and everything. I think I might use this for my avatar now..
    3DS Friend Code: 3625-8308-8437
    Pokemon X | Harvest Moon ANB | Animal Crossing ANL
    Fighting Type | Machoke | Throh | Breloom

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Now I want to do a fic where Applejack needs glasses.

Soarin: HAWT.

Certainly nopony here has ever done a fanfic based on the premise of somepony needing glasses before. And I certainly didn't name it.
    I think a good way to approach that concept would be to find out Applejack wears contacts, and then have her lose them, forcing her to bring out her old, coke-bottle lens frames.

Followed by Rainbow Dash being unable to do anything but laugh for an extended period of time.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Ah ha! You're wrong! Because I totally didn't write this right now:

Twilight's Eyesight Adventure
    Spoiler
    Show
    Once upon a time in Equestria, the pony known as Twilight Sparkle found that she was having a hard time reading the books that she loved so much. The words were starting to blur together.

Encouraged by her friends, she went to the optometrist, where she learned that she needed a pair of reading glasses.

Rejecting Dashes idea for racing goggles, and Pinkie Pie's suggestion of a pair of huge, hot-pink novelty glasses, Twilight Sparkle invested in a functional yet fashionable pair of glasses that made her look good while wearing them.

Her next study session was much more enjoyable, and Twilight Sparkle lived happily ever after. (Until the next catastrophe.)

So there you go.

I had a fic about needing glasses before it was cool. Thanqol's Through a Glass Derply? You probably haven't heard of it.

Also, I'm surprised you didn't post it before. When did you write it?

@ Alabenson: Oh God, putting on contacts sounds painful enough with FINGERS, much less hooves!
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-01 at 09:26 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

I had a fic about needing glasses before it was cool. Thanqol's Through a Glass Derply? You probably haven't heard of it.
    Was that the one where Dash races the pirate king?

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

Was that the one where Dash races the pirate king?
    Check out the OP. Attention horsing in an attempt to one up Thanqol was what got me writing; he was one of the first to post a fic here.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

Certainly nopony here has ever done a fanfic based on the premise of somepony needing glasses before. And I certainly didn't name it.
    Ahh, the good old days.

(Too early for nostalgia?)

Spoiler
    Show
    Once upon a time in Equestria, the pony known as Twilight Sparkle found that she was having a hard time reading the books that she loved so much. The words were starting to blur together.

Encouraged by her friends, she went to the optometrist, where she learned that she needed a pair of reading glasses.

Rejecting Dashes idea for racing goggles, and Pinkie Pie's suggestion of a pair of huge, hot-pink novelty glasses, Twilight Sparkle invested in a functional yet fashionable pair of glasses that made her look good while wearing them.

Her next study session was much more enjoyable, and Twilight Sparkle lived happily ever after. (Until the next catastrophe.)

So there you go.
    OMG SIX STARS

No, wait, hang on:

Twilight Luna's Eyesight Adventure
    Spoiler
    Show
    Once upon a time in Equestria, the pony known as Twilight Luna found that she was having a hard time reading the books using the abacus that she loved so much. The words beads were starting to blur together.

Encouraged by her friends royal attendants who didn't understand her because she's all alone in the world and not understood by anypony, she went to the optometrist, where she learned that she needed a pair of reading glasses.

Rejecting Dashes idea for racing goggles, and Pinkie Pie's suggestion of a pair of huge, hot-pink novelty glasses, Twilight Luna invested in a functional yet fashionable pair of glasses that made her look good while wearing them with socks.

Her next study abacus session was much more enjoyable, and Twilight Luna lived happily ever after. (Until the next catastrophe moon banishment because not even her sister Celestia could understand Luna who was so lonely in the world.)

THERE. NOW IS SIX STAR STORY.

I R TEH BESTEST AT WRITINGS
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2011-08-01 at 09:30 PM.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post

And now I am choking with laughter. Thank you very much.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

@ Alabenson: Oh God, putting on contacts sounds painful enough with FINGERS, much less hooves!
    Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a contact in my eye!

*poink*

OOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!

Nah, they're not so bad...

Although the first time I tried to put mine in, I must have blinked it out 50 times before I got it to stay...
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-08-01 at 09:31 PM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

10. - Top - End - #430
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    . I was silently looking forward to bringing the thread's speed straight to plaid. (also, if we actually do follow through with it, thread XIX should totally be called "We've gone to Plaid")
    It's not called off, exactly. I just want to make sure we aren't herd-minding and all going along with nopony actually thinking it through. That being said, I am probably going to ask a mod about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    First, considering they came in at FTL velocity and we wern't expecting it, we didn't have time to put the shields up. Secondly, our sensor logs indicate they were coated in some kind of bubble/coating which not only protected the ponies from flash-freezing in the depths of space, but allowed them to phase through the hull, cleverly dumping the kinetic energy from their speed into the phasing to kill their velocity (and so they didn't simply splash on the wall). Our high-tech armour is solid, but even it's not teleport-proof. In future, now that we know, the shields will easily take the impact.

Secondly, "hug" is not a word that can be used to describe being hit by umpteen ponies, moving at near sonic velocity. "Bodyslam" is closer, or possibly "Takedown" or "Doudle Edge." (It also hurt them waaay more than me!)
    Ah, well...
    I'm going to undercut Lix Lorn, here, and make you a deal. I have a crab. He is about 2 meters wide, and he holds a trampoline. It is one of the best pony interception devices in existence (though it's not "on the market"). In exchange for taking care of it, you can have him.

This requires 1) letting him run around on the outside of your ship's hull, 2) feeding him 3 whole sardines every 6 months or so, 3) telling him he's pretty if he ever gets depressed.

The depression hasn't happened yet, but I thought I should warn you.

Upside! The molted carapace, shed every two years, can be alchemically altered into almost any other material. The trouble is, for every formula that successfully alters the carapace, there a couple hundred, slightly-off-but-very-similar formulas that create a small, dozen-meter wide cryonuclear explosion. The carapace is also magic-resistant, especially as regards magical data analysis. So after losing umpteen research facilities to scientists who can't leave well enough alone, I need to get rid of him.
    Oh! And his name is Herbert.

Personally, my favourite is still Vampyroteuthis infernalis, which is the only sort of vampire that actually transcends to freakin' Awesome.
    I'm just sad they aren't actually vampiric (which totally gets you off the hook for liking them). I've been planning a deep-sea D&D excursion. I know what I'm going to hit them with now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Actually, that's a good one, and I think trying to hit a ghost type with it qualifies as a miss. It only hurt the ponies, plus the cold damage for attempting a melee attack, but it inconvenienced him a bit.

Or maybe Hug attacks don't actually do damage, they inflict paralysis or a must recharge type effect, but count as physical attacks for determining if the user takes damage from abilities like Rough Skin.
    Diving Hug is a strange move, combining A sexless Charm, reversed Bite, and Hi Kick; the ponémon takes damage upon a miss, the target is charmed upon a hit (inflicting half damage until swapped), and is startled on a miss and flinches. It's usually followed up by grapple maneuver of some sort, such as wrap or Trample (a move unique to the CMC; a bug-type fire spin dealing damage based on the number and type of benches ponémon you have remaining; fire spin/beat up combo).

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Aww man the thread's going pokecrazy. I need to wake up SiuiS!

Edit: ... Or I could just kill the thread. That's works too.
    Psh. Way to go, kill-joy ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    20 minutes isn't that bad. I swear there are days I post and suddenly the thread goes over an hour without response. The first time that happened I legitimately panicked that I had killed the thread and that I was a bad brony and should feel bad about my existence.

But then ponies posted. And all was right with Equestria.
    What does it say about us that most threads take [b]forever[/I] to get anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Except that flying would be weak against ice.

My guess would be Ghost/Steel with Wonder Guard. Immune to everything except fire and ground. Poison status wouldn't work and he'd even be immune to sandstorm. The only oddity is that he'd still take damage from hail.

Ghost type for Lich, but with bones as hard as Steel. I think it could work.
    That's what I was thinking. He'd be spec'd as a ghost who possesses a corpse, even though the corpse wouldn't be all that normal because of the metal bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    .Hit him again, HIT HIM AGAIN!
    WHY DO YOU ENCOURAGE THIS?!

This is largely what concerns me about it. *We move through threads fast enough as it is, and I wouldn't want to have pony threads in general shut down if we do this and it bothers the mods. *That and I just don't see how we can fill a full thread with pure pony-related goodness that fast without resorting to excessive RP or spam/filler.
    I could power a thread myself; break the quote-wall up into roughly ten related posts; I would generate comments on those posts while formatting the next wave. Answer the comments, which would generate more comments, while also posting another block of quotes moments later. It would be a cascade of cumulative assault, where I was responding to responses of my responses, while still posting legitimate, original content for you folks to respond to.

I love to hear myself talk; to ponder aloud; to play Luna's advocate. I restrain myself, like any good guild member, out of respect for the folks who prefer a slower, gentler, more Big Mac'ly pony thread.

Good gracious, how did that become a shipping joke?

Though I did have an idea if we wanted to have a specific theme or something. *We could have it so we try to draw ponies as responses to posts instead of actually typing. *(Like those Ask [pony] Tumblr things) *I just don't think many people would be interested in participating in that.
    A stellar notion. I think we should start taking topics now, so we can coordinate. Go ahead and make suggestions, folks!*

Quote Originally Posted by Betropper View Post
    But then putting on things like goggles should be near impossible without magic. But eh, technically all of it could be put on with magic so putting on pants shouldn't be too hard.
    There are two things at work here; one, ponies have a swivel-y joint in the shoulder similar to humans; the should actually pops out of their torso to allow for an incredible range of motion. The ponies also, in earlier episodes at least, gain length in heir forelimbs when using them. Combined with hooves somehow having manual dexterity, they are almost as capable as a humanoid.

And the thing with pants isnt getting them on; that can be done slow and leisurely. It's getting them off. Nopony wants to poop themselves.

Well, Dash does goggles in the Parasprite episode.

Also, ponies = candy is cute, but it isn't coming within a mile of my fanon.
    Yeah, it is too much cartoon physics for me to jive with.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    "MISS TRIXIE! Are you daydreaming again?"
    "The Great and Powerful Trixie was just thinking."
    "Pay attention, we're going over how to identify and placate celestial bears."
    "This hardly seems relevant to The Great and Powerful Trixie" *zones out*
    *snrk*

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Sad? It was intended to look focused.*

I may give your suggestion a try too, though.
    For focus, most people clench the brow above the nose ridge, resulting in somewhat "angry eyebrows". You have them sweeping back and down, opening the center brow; she looks sorrowful.

Though his is all from memory. Maybe I'm wrong. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Clearly I went to the wrong grade school.
    I know, right? They're learning advanced business math and I got paperwork SNAFU'd into geometry 4 times.
    Though on the upside, I'm pretty good at geometry ...

Well it turns out illusion isn't Trixie's specialty. She's a MATHAMATICIAN.
    The cloak&wand cutie mark... The stars possess a mathematical correlation. She's a math-wiz(ard)!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Mostly it was a passing intellectual concern. I know at least the majority of the background around your distaste of Show!Trixie, even if I don't agree with it all (she's my favorite sort of villain, like a pony version of Robert Angier). It's just more, seeing that distaste manifest so strongly, I extrapolated and worried what that wrath would look like turned upon Shimmer.*

I also know you're a nice guy and wouldn't do anything like that. But for a moment I became seared by the fury of your burn, and it kinda scared me. Nothing more.
    Hm. I did not see that as distaste for trixie at all. It looked to me like there was some respect there, cloaked in a joke. I took it as a generously intelligent Trixie, bored with "levitate the red ball. Now the blue ball. Now the red again" strews slacking, dreaming about putting her skills to use. She's not a magician, she's a show pony. The kind to leave as soon as emancipatedly possible in order to pick up a trade, rather than waste her time with a GED she doesn't want or need.*Although after the Ursa, I bet she's rueing bailing on woodshop and carpentry.
    I am seeing a pattern where I assimilate data, add context, and don't give it a second thought though. Desman may be putting words in Bobcat's mouth...

Ahem. *Mathemagician.

And I don't see this as being my dislike for Fanon! Trixie manifesting itself (Fanon! Trixie, who is 90% of the fanfiction output, who is more or less an OC). *Show Trixie I like well enough, just get annoyed at the overexposure. *I'm just seeing this sort of "too cool for school" attitude as being very much in character for Trixie (if you assume that she is her show persona, as opposed to the theory that she's more humble and normal off stage.)

The "eating her neighbor's paste" thing was just appended silliness, like the sort of thing that kindergartners actually do.
    ah, so you're playing the baatorian lawyer are you? That makes sense. My dislike of fluttershy was a similar, fight the hype reaction.

Honestly, I have to add to this a little, and note that I always sort of cringe when ShowTrixie comes up, because it always seems like you have something vitriolic or insulting to say about her, and I know you don't like her, but I kinda do, she's one of my favorite non-main characters, so, yeah.
    ... Aye, discussing show!Trixie never really turns out productive. It's too easy to slip into fanon or conjecture, or focus on a single facet.

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    I am a lowly worm and I don't deserve any recognition for this... giving top billing to two fictional characters and forgetting to credit the person that did the actual leg work in the creation process... I drew a diagram. So what.

Im lower than dirt.
    Well that is just silly, Inkwell. And now I'm in both a pickle, and a bind. First, the pickle. Are you sad you didn't get credit, or that you forgot to credit EsperDerek? Either way, you shouldn't be this sad.

The bind comes in that I was going to draw a picture of giving you a hug, but Inkwell pony is a girl. Puckered of me hugging other girls are bad ideas, because I don't have a couch to be kicked too, nor a doghouse. So, you'll have to settle for better art but less elbow grease.

Spoiler
    Show

This thread is in need of love and tolerance (and diabeetus).
    Spoiler
    Show
    MY PANCREAS

Spoilered for potential candy related squick.
    Spoiler
    Show

In Ponyland, they don't have funerals. *They have dessert.
    Hm. Just tribal enough to work...

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Also, Psycho Shutin, I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS. STOP LURKING. >C

Spoiler
    Show
    But psycho shutin is the best lurked name EVER. Why would you take that from this person?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    It's so beautiful*

And apparently Firefox automativcally saves the new nick. I didn't even realize I had a new one until Rebelhero posted it.

Warlord Cutestache will haunt me.*

Wait, when will the marathon take place; from Tuesday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Thursday? In 24 or 48 hours?

scheduled for Wednesday, August third. But your Wednesday comes earlier than mine, because of timezones. Whenever I refer to the 2nd, it's an admission that I'm on the flank-end of 24 hour cycle.

It's not nice for them, but I'll say we have a party and then let them catch up while we recuperate. It'd be a once in a year event, that should be acceptable.
    works for me, though I will still ask a mod first.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    *blink* I must've missed this the first time. That's... brilliant.

Of course! When I run it I'll let you know! And yes, that's a "when" not "if". I was already thinking of writing a Planescape/MLP crossover fic but an actual game would be more fun. Though I pity the poor ponies who leave their Equestrian paradise and end up in Sigil. Talk about culture shock

But I have to finish my Pony/Maid RPG crossover first.
    A long long Ike ago, before there was a gleemax, someone wrote out an adventure involving My Little Pony.
    a colorful, cloudy rainbow world of idyllic splendor, marred by the fact that the wives horse monsters bred by abducting people, transforming them into children (specifically cute little girls) and then cocooned them so they could gestate into ponies.

The one time I was threatened with physical violence before subjecting my players to something.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Spoilered for even greater potential squick:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I lol'd hard at that. Mainly because I imagined this:

Somepony (crying):"Oh Andy, I miss you so much, but you're just...so...delicious!"

I'm horrible.
    Warning. Phoe; Esper; anyone else with any sensitivity; do not read.
    Seriously. I am not one to bluff. I'd rather no one read it than someone get upset.
    Spoiler
    Show

Applejack stared tearfully at heaving flank of Big McIntosh, listening to the gurgle of his last breaths. AppleBloom, silently sobbing behind her big sister's flank. Both knew Big Mac had only moments.

With no warning, his snuffling intensified. Applejack looked up, seeing the maroon stallions eyes roll upward, glaze. She looked back to the branch-inflicted wound, watching his death throes ooze more and more of his gelatinous stuffing out onto his sweat-slicked coat.

The convulsions slowed, stopped. AppleBloom, hopeful to the last, unleashed a wail that would rend Applejack's heart and haunt her dreams for years to come.

"ah don't wanna! It ain't right!" the filly cried, sobbing between each word, each breathe. "he don't deserve it! How c-could he leave us?"

Applejack caressed her distraught sister, sliding her hoof from mane, down and around to cup the puffy, sobbing face. "Now don't you be like that, AppleBloom." she breathed the words, each almost a whisper.

AppleBloom stopped crying, and the two locked eyes. Her sister had never sounded this... Compassionate before. The intimacy cut through even her sorrow, and AppleBloom bit her lip to hold back any surprise tears, just in case.

"Now ah know how y'all feel about this, sug', but it's how it has t'be done. Y'all wouldn't want t'ferget yer big brother now, right?" Applejack's words became louder, mournful. "Besides, he don't deserve nothin' less. He was our big--" Applejack paused to rein in a sob, "our big brother. And he'll always be with us, AppleBloom."

Cradling herself with one arm,Applejack reached out slowly' and laid her hoof over AppleBloom's belly.

"Right here. He'll always be right here."

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Shutin View Post
    You have no way of knowing and no proof that Im lurking, im just reading it and dont have much to say.
    ^ now we do ;D

Don't be sad! Someone mentioned that Bon-Bon was like Peggy Bundy, so they could just live the rest of their lives in an unhappy marriage while Lyra reminisces about her long distant glory days as a rock star harpist and Bon-Bon listens to soap operas on the radio while eating candy! That's better, right?
    ... Yeah, maybe bringing that to everypony's attention wasn't the smartest thing I've done...

All of them! The perfect random fic premise: all of AJ's friends end up with her (admittedly) large extended family and commence driving her crazy...

There's an Apple for everypony!
    Hehe, there's an a--
    Oh horsefeathers, soomepony beat me to it.
    thanks, Bobcat. darn clever ponies, being all clever.

I actually think he and Twilight could be cute together. Very different, but cute. The way I see it, he's got charm and is good-natured enough to deal with Twilight when she's being stubborn, and she could discover a whole new side of herself as she begins to fall for his charms.
    I like Braeburn with Twilight, because it's a separate but equally legitimate type of romance. No "meet, fall in love, get married, start a nuclear family". It's a hot, torrid vacationing-in-Mexico style romance, that may or may no be sometime permanent.
    And lady-killer Braeburn is just too good to let go of. Just ask Lix XD

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    So. Embarrasing Boss Deaths #97: Beblith Queen, Gargantuan 36HD, killed by a Soundburst. Yes, a Soundburst.

I'd say the PCs were taking the urine, but then we got to the final bosses and I get to smack them in their faces for once!*

(Hello Vygores, a type of fiend that evolves to a stronger, smarter and more powerful form, drawing inspiration from both Pokemon and Frieza from DBZ (which I was watching at the time)! Hello, top-of-the-chain Stage 4 Vygore, with your 51 AC, saves in the high twenties, DR 14/-, SR 40, Improved Evasion, Mettle, Fast Healing 30 and flurry-of-blows tail-strike, crits-on-a-15 plus two arm blades, two wing slams and a bite, plus breath weapons and spells! And hellp to your friend, Mr Stage 4 Vygore Number Two! Why yes, it is time those snotty epic level PCs got their arses kicked around. What's that? Your friend the Dwarf Ghost Cleric 20/Warblade 5 wants to play too? Of course he can! What's that? No, I'm not getting my petty vengeance for the last eight levels of PC supremacy because they have far too much kit? No, no of course not! Muhahahaha!)
    that actually sounds easily bearable by a 23+ level party. Luckily, you strike me as a clever DM, so things should go well.

Overly mean? Oh, you! What, did everypony turn into Fluttershy or something while my back was turned? Honestly, without me to solidly ground you all with evilnitude, where would you be?
    Well, I mean, we keep you around for something, don't we?

Awesome starships aside, that is. And Gaming stuff. And.... Well hay, if I exclude everything but his one trait, ruins he point huh?
    Yeah, we like havin' you around.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    I just watched episode 19 (yes, I'm still not done with the series; don't judge). It's... much more surreal than what I'm used to from MLP.
    Hi Blue Ghost! How ya doin, mate? Good?
    And aye, that one was strange, but not entirely a bad thing. I'd like to see more of it, though as a side trip, not the main show focus.

Or we've introduced the possibility of Pony Tentacle Hentai.*

... back away, not today, disco lady.
    Yeah, that's way too much, even for the likes of me. Ick.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Less win.*
    I HAVE DIBS.*
    See the hat Trixie wears in my avvie? He got it for me on our second date.
    Aww, if I knew that I wouldn't have slapped it on Trixie's bum

A week? Dude, I'm pretty sure if you looked hard enough (which isn't very hard at all), you could find Pony Tentacle stuff now. Hell, you could have probably found it, like, when episode one aired.
    ... Oh man, I think...

I think I have seen this.

Which is astounding. I never knew I could actually suppress something.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    For those of you who don't follow along with EqD Drawfriend compilations, my brain just exploded. First of all, in response to the idea that because of her apparent jerkass attitude, Lyra and Bon Bon may not be good couple material, may I present the following as evidence that yes, in fact, they are still the OTP:

Spoiler
    Show

I squee'd. Mightily. Then this happened:

Spoiler
    Show

What. The...?
    Professional admiration. Nothin' to worry about.
    Failing that, they are reminiscing about the bacholerette party LYRA AND BON-BON ARE MARRIED AND HAD A BACHOLERETTE PARTY AND OCTAVIA CAME AND STUFF HAPPENED AND I WILL HAMMER INTO YOUR CANDY-CANE HEADS UNTIL YOU ALL AGREE *foams at mouth*
    that first picture though. Supermegaawesome-saved.

And I keep thinking of Bon-Bon being drunk and whispering dirty things to a shocked Lyra. The expressions...

Spoiler
    Show
    SCOOTALAGANN!

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Ohhhhhhhh...

I think I got a new OTP.

EDIT: Somepony posted a Cold War/MLP crossover fic right? May I have the links again?
    Nooooo Lyra x Bon-Bon 4 life D:

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Pony is awesome. Gurren Lagann is awesome. Isn't that already a crossover?
    I laughed. Good catch, that.

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    It's come to my attention that I should post more.

Who am I to deny the wisdom of the Great and Powerful Lixie?
    Yes, you should! Also, what happened to your airsubs? Disturb just drive home? Inquiring minds, tonberrian. Inquiring minds.

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Who would one Dr. Flankenstein have as a minion?
    Filly-gore!

Quote Originally Posted by WJMill View Post
    I'll have to admit, I'm a little on the fandom here, so I'll probably ask a bunch of 'durh that's already been done' questions in the future.

However..

Omggggg. That is awesome. That is so awesome it had me making this face the whole time.:

Spoiler
    Show

Scoota-simon! Or.. Simon-loo.. Or.. Scootamon? Awesome!

True dat.

(Sorry, I'm having too much fun with the ponycons.)

Edit: @Vent Reynolt: That is so awesome. There is a lot of awesome in this post. D:
    I know! Aren't the pon-e-motes so awesome?

I saw the first pic. The second one is new to me.

Both are cute.

As for my doubts on Bon Bon, it's a matter of interpretation. Is that Bon Bon saying those things, or Background Pony that the particular artist felt like using for both of those occasions? Is she just really snippy and self centered? Did she have semi-valid reasons to be annoyed both times that helps to excuse her, even if she went too far?

Like I said, last night I just had this moment where the canon and the fanon clashed in my head. It wouldn't have been such a clash if her fanon personality wasn't the nice, domestic goddess type who was always there with a plate of cookies and encouraging words when Lyra was being silly or in a bad mood.
    Well hey, it's entirely possible that she's that nice to Lyra and is still snooty with others. Plenty of folks treat their lovers nicer than strangers. It's a common thing, so I hear.

Scootaloo: Ah say, well, ah say, ah ain't no chicken! Pay attention to me when ah'm talkin' to you boy. Ah swear, that boy wouldn't know when to come indoors if it was rainin' ball bearings. But listen to me, ah ain't no chicken! Chickens got gizzards and claws! Sure, ah got feathers, but ah ain't got enough of 'em, no sir!
    Hahaha! Good show old bean.

Now that's just mean, when you consider exactly how insecure he got when the fic in question wasn't listed in the OP. No fun poking at a sore spot, aye?

11. - Top - End - #431
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ok, my mission in life is now complete. I am hipster Applejack. (Appropriately so, because, Applejack is THE ONLY PONY to keep her color scheme the same through the majority of toy runs since the 80's. The only one that differs is the G3 version that had Big Mac-esque coloring.)

Spoiler
    Show

G1.

G3.

G4.

The only one that bests her (that I am aware of) is Rainbow Dash, but she was only G3 and up.

Spoiler
    Show

G3.

G3.5. (I really don't care for the design of these ones..)

and finally, G4.
    3DS Friend Code: 3625-8308-8437
    Pokemon X | Harvest Moon ANB | Animal Crossing ANL
    Fighting Type | Machoke | Throh | Breloom

12. - Top - End - #432
    Firbolg in the Playground

Why is it the stuff I put so much effort in always get dwarfed by the random silly stuff that gets thrown together. It's like people expect stuff that is sooooooo random from the piles of insanity on my system.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Check out the OP. Attention horsing in an attempt to one up Thanqol was what got me writing; he was one of the first to post a fic here.
    Yeah, I think I read those two back to back.

ETA: This is the longest page ever.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-08-01 at 09:45 PM.

14. - Top - End - #434

Frankly with the size of pony eyes I doubt contact would be a problem. I mean, they would be hoof-sized anyway.

and now I that I've caught up on pony thread and posted a single insignificant comment. It's time for bed.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Seriously. I am not one to bluff. I'd rather no one read it than someone get upset.
    Spoiler
    Show

Applejack stared tearfully at heaving flank of Big McIntosh, listening to the gurgle of his last breaths. AppleBloom, silently sobbing behind her big sister's flank. Both knew Big Mac had only moments.

With no warning, his snuffling intensified. Applejack looked up, seeing the maroon stallions eyes roll upward, glaze. She looked back to the branch-inflicted wound, watching his death throes ooze more and more of his gelatinous stuffing out onto his sweat-slicked coat.

The convulsions slowed, stopped. AppleBloom, hopeful to the last, unleashed a wail that would rend Applejack's heart and haunt her dreams for years to come.

"ah don't wanna! It ain't right!" the filly cried, sobbing between each word, each breathe. "he don't deserve it! How c-could he leave us?"

Applejack caressed her distraught sister, sliding her hoof from mane, down and around to cup the puffy, sobbing face. "Now don't you be like that, AppleBloom." she breathed the words, each almost a whisper.

AppleBloom stopped crying, and the two locked eyes. Her sister had never sounded this... Compassionate before. The intimacy cut through even her sorrow, and AppleBloom bit her lip to hold back any surprise tears, just in case.

"Now ah know how y'all feel about this, sug', but it's how it has t'be done. Y'all wouldn't want t'ferget yer big brother now, right?" Applejack's words became louder, mournful. "Besides, he don't deserve nothin' less. He was our big--" Applejack paused to rein in a sob, "our big brother. And he'll always be with us, AppleBloom."

Cradling herself with one arm,Applejack reached out slowly' and laid her hoof over AppleBloom's belly.

Dark man, dark. But I approve! If only so I don't feel so terrible about what I posted

I like Braeburn with Twilight, because it's a separate but equally legitimate type of romance. No "meet, fall in love, get married, start a nuclear family". It's a hot, torrid vacationing-in-Mexico style romance, that may or may no be sometime permanent.
    And lady-killer Braeburn is just too good to let go of. Just ask Lix XD
    Actually, yeah, I like that take too. You can't guarantee he'll be there tomorrow, but for the moment, you don't really care...

Professional admiration. Nothin' to worry about.
    Failing that, they are reminiscing about the bacholerette party LYRA AND BON-BON ARE MARRIED AND HAD A BACHOLERETTE PARTY AND OCTAVIA CAME AND STUFF HAPPENED AND I WILL HAMMER INTO YOUR CANDY-CANE HEADS UNTIL YOU ALL AGREE *foams at mouth*
    that first picture though. Supermegaawesome-saved.

And I keep thinking of Bon-Bon being drunk and whispering dirty things to a shocked Lyra. The expressions...
    I'm ok with this. Although Octavia fanon does seem to enjoy ascribing drunken shenanigans to her quite a bit...wonder why?
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-08-01 at 09:46 PM.

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #436

I'm ok with this. Although Octavia fanon does seem to enjoy ascribing drunken shenanigans to her quite a bit...wonder why?
    She's a musician, musicians are classically hard livers, with drinking/partying/etc. So I think that translates through in the pony realm.

Wait, I'm sensitive?
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-08-01 at 09:51 PM.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Banned

The post BigPink apple family spends the afternoon together.

Yup!

Yuppers!

Yup!

Eeyup.

Ah love family time. It's the only time we get to talk.
    Bwahahahahaha!

Oh, boy. That sure as sugar made my day. Thanks for that, DBC. that was grand. Simply brilliant!

...You know what is REALLY scary about this picture? It totally looks like my driver's license picture.. I mean, minus the being a pony and everything. I think I might use this for my avatar now..
    GASP

And then there was a pony avatar Jill, and the cycle was compleat!

Also, I'm surprised you didn't post it before. When did you write it?
    Sad truth? They probably havent *sad face*

Nah, it's easy. You set the contacts onto the wooden spikes with flattened tips, and just hope nopony startled you while you dip your eyes onto them. It's a synch.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Ahh, the good old days.

(Too early for nostalgia?)

OMG SIX STARS

No, wait, hang on:

Twilight Luna's Eyesight Adventure
    Spoiler
    Show
    Once upon a time in Equestria, the pony known as Twilight Luna found that she was having a hard time reading the books using the abacus that she loved so much. The words beads were starting to blur together.

Encouraged by her friends royal attendants who didn't understand her because she's all alone in the world and not understood by anypony, she went to the optometrist, where she learned that she needed a pair of reading glasses.

Rejecting Dashes idea for racing goggles, and Pinkie Pie's suggestion of a pair of huge, hot-pink novelty glasses, Twilight Luna invested in a functional yet fashionable pair of glasses that made her look good while wearing them with socks.

Her next study abacus session was much more enjoyable, and Twilight Luna lived happily ever after. (Until the next catastrophe moon banishment because not even her sister Celestia could understand Luna who was so lonely in the world.)

this reads like an actual story.
    I hate you so bad, lunafic. So bad!

18. - Top - End - #438
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    [color="darkgreen"]
    Spoiler
    Show

.... okay, I don't know if it's caused by my lack of sleep or depression over today or something, and I do know I'm going to a special little section of pony hell for this reaction, but...

-(Falls over)- BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAhahahahahaHAAAAhahahaha -(Snort)- hahahahahahHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHA -(Hic)- Hahahahaa... -(Coughs)- I mean... it's really really somber... but... -(Snorts)- "Always be right here"... I'll never be able to hear that line again without cracking up...

<Pinkie Pie> -(BELCH)- Best funeral EVER!
    Last edited by InkwellPony; 2011-08-01 at 10:03 PM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

She's a musician, musicians are classically hard livers, with drinking/partying/etc. So I think that translates through in the pony realm.

Wait, I'm sensitive?
    I've certainly never met a sober cellist.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

.... okay, I don't know if it's caused by my lack of sleep or depression over today or something, and I do know I'm going to a special little section of pony hell for this reaction, but...

-(Falls over)- BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAhahahahahaHAAAAhahahaha -(Snort)- hahahahahahHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHA -(Hic)- Hahahahaa... -(Coughs)- I mean... it's really really somber... but... -(Snorts)- "Always be right here"... I'll never be able to hear that line again without cracking up...
    You cannot imagine how relieved I am that I was not the only one to have this reaction.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    You cannot imagine how relieved I am that I was not the only one to have this reaction.
    It was sad and funny all at once. The mark of good dark humor.

Also the above Yups have cemented BigPink in my mind now.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

Wait, I'm sensitive?
    I've certainly never met a sober cellist.
    Huh. Now, drama kids I was aware of as being hard partiers, but I didn't know that musicians had the same reputation...

I'll be right beside you. We can keep each other company through the eons of the pony-devil's torment!

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

Huh. Now, drama kids I was aware of as being hard partiers, but I didn't know that musicians had the same reputation...

I'll be right beside you. We can keep each other company through the eons of the pony-devil's torment!
    Sigh. The fairness of Pony Hell Act of 1989 requires me to inform you that you can wager your soul on a fiddle contest.

"But with these hooves, nopony can play a string instrument smaller than a Cello!"

And that's why nopony has ever WON the fiddle contest. I used to do chess, but ponies can actually play that.

"What about the unicorns?"

99.9999% of unicorns are hopeless at string instruments.

(Lyra leaps in heroically, fiddle levitated behind her).

Momma always said I was one in a million. Guess she was right.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-01 at 10:08 PM.

24. - Top - End - #444

I found the Pny Fortress 2 server! Good times were had by all Definitely adding that to my favorites. I actually am sort of in need of a solid server to hang out in lately. At some point in the recent past my previous servers all changed IPs and I lost them...

Oh well, ponies are better anyway!
    Cloud Kicker makes me think of Talespin.. And I was pretty much done with Pokemon after Red/Blue. I was .. 11 or 12 when that first came out? 252 pokemon were WAY too many for me. Haha. (However, I COULD name all 250 of my original My Little Ponies. Sad, huh?)
    I actually managed to not get sick of the stuff until they hit the Diamond/Pearl series, and it just exploded from there. Then... well then I got stir-crazy senior year of college and bought a DS and Soul Silver and learned about IVs and EVs and I've become lost to the cause again >_> I... really like metagaming, what can I say?

edit: hey, apparently I'm a halfling in the playground now! I match my roleplay :D
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-08-01 at 10:13 PM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

So there you go.

That's. Very. Nice.

Goodness, the fandom has come a long way since I wrote that. Back in THE DAY I was all "OH GOD I'M WRITING PONY FANFIC, WHAT HAS BECOME OF ME" and people were looking on with a mixture of fear, interest and disgust. And now, fanfic, fanfic everywhere.

The general quality of the fanfic has risen enormously, too. People have really figured out how to write ponies since those dark early days.

EDIT: Also, the days when a Derpy reference seemed remarkable and unique.

I love the phrase attention horsing. Also, I was writing pony fanfic while it was still taboo.[/hipster]
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-08-01 at 10:15 PM.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

Sigh. The fairness of Pony Hell Act of 1989 requires me to inform you that you can wager your soul on a fiddle contest.

"But with these hooves, nopony can play a string instrument smaller than a Cello!"

And that's why nopony has ever WON the fiddle contest. I used to do chess, but ponies can actually play that.

And now all I can think of is how to ponify the lyrics to "Devil Went Down to Georgia"

My Homebrew

Show

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Still doesn't explain the pianos.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-08-01 at 10:18 PM.

28. - Top - End - #448

Scootaloo in the breadpan, pickin' out dough?

29. - Top - End - #449
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    And now all I can think of is how to ponify the lyrics to "Devil Went Down to Georgia"
    I did that! I did that like 15 threads back! It was fantastic, it had Rainbow Dash as the Devil and Applejack as Sonny. Good luck finding it, 'cause there's a lot of pony to go through.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-08-01 at 10:17 PM.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

Still doesn't explain the pianos.
    Robot pony hell has SOME class. ROBOT PONY DEVIL. PLAY ME SOME CHOPIN.