New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XVIII: Perfect Isn't Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Well, she would be if she would just-

-stop eating herself!

Also, I propose a taste test! We must find out the unique flavor of each pony. For Science!
    So... Pinkie is Equestria's Jörmungandr, The World Pony....

I blame this train of thought solely upon Bobcat.

Back next weekend, maybe I'll actually be able to do some pony stuff. I have no doubt it will be another thread by the time I can post.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Followed by image dump - Work In Progress edition!

(EDIT) And by request, a disclaimer is added...

Spoiler
    Show

Pony Anatomy - as drawn by Inkwell!

And now... My Little Enterpony: Starfleet is Magic!

The Starship Aurora, Alicorn Class Vessel.

At the center of engineering is the Harmonious Core, which empowers the various magics of the equestrian starship!

And finally, the captain of the starship, in uniform. As one of the head officers of the ship, she is also one of the bearers of the ship's elements of harmony!

Yes, I created a star ship crafted out of magic and empowered by friendship! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Haaa... -(Clears throat)- As stated, though, Work in Progress.
    Last edited by InkwellPony; 2011-07-31 at 10:33 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    By the way, what happened to the thread marathon on August 3rd? I'd like t join if there is one.
    I know where my Saturday's going! *Sings*

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Lyra is Bi.

It's official.

(Totally referring to that random image dump Diego did earlier.)

Also new thread.

yay.
    ...Giggity Giggity Giggity Giggity Giggity Giggity!

Well, she would be if she would just-

-stop eating herself!

Also, I propose a taste test! We must find out the unique flavor of each pony. For Science!
    ...I think this has been done 100 times over before. STILL, LET'S DO IT!

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Pony kissing is delicious.

Pony frenching is better.
    ...Miiiidddniiiggghhhttt.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    I ... wait, what? "Catatonic slowdown?" In the last 24 hours the pony thread has produced almost 7 pages. How quickly do you guys expect the thread to move?
    Somewhere around ten pages in the same amount of time. So 2 pages per hour.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-07-31 at 10:05 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post

Spoiler
    Show

At the center of engineering is the Harmonious Core, which empowers the various magics of the equestrian starship!

And finally, the captain of the starship, in uniform. As one of the head officers of the ship, she is also one of the bearers of the ship's elements of harmony!

Yes, I created a star ship crafted out of magic and empowered by friendship! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

WHA--- I... I cant even comprehend... Someone make a warning sign for excessive AWESOME. please?
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

5. - Top - End - #95

Spoiler
    Show

You showed me these already, of course, but I figure I'll say it again, they're all really good so far, even in 'Work in Progress' mode. You, as usual, are amazing, Inkwell.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Huh, makes me think of the White Base.

Absolutely not a bad thing though.

Can the captain slap the emo out of people?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

More pictures of ponies!

Spoiler
    Show

I have a pony-tar now! He's a blank-flank for now, though. I want his "cutie" mark to have something to do with a "Stealthy Guardian" role. Basically what keeps the Everfree Forest in the Everfree Forest. He would know Zecora, probably. Works offscreen, that sort of thing. If anyone has an idea, I'd like to hear it.
    There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'time to reload.'
    Schlock Mercenaries

8. - Top - End - #98

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Huh, makes me think of the White Base.

Absolutely not a bad thing though.

Can the captain slap the emo out of people?
    White Base is actually a "Pegasus" class assault carrier. Hence it is pony related.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Ok so i know this has been more then likely discussed, but due to the catatonic thread slow down, we need a new in depth topic. So therefore i ask three questions.

1. What events would you like to see in season 2?

2. if you could place ANY OC pony into the show who would it be, and how would you make their appearance work while staying under the shows parameters?

3. What background pony should become a regular part of the show? (luna and derpy aside because we know they get more screen time now) What should they do? what connection to the mane cast should they have?
    1. I would love to see more CMC shenanigans. (Plus WAY more Sweetie Bell songs.) I second the Rainbow Dash song. I would like to see Twilight get less awkward, but then again, that's one of her character traits. I would like to see more exposition with the other places in Equestria, ie. More Cloudsdale, Fillydelphia, Manehattan, etc. Obviously, I'd like to see more of the Luna storyline come out. I mean, she was only in one episode..

2. I don't really know a whole lot of anyone's OC's, so I can't really say.

3. I'd like to see more of Pinkie Pie's family to be honest. I want to see how they either changed or didn't after Pinkie's revelation. I actually would like to see more of the mane cast's families. (Maybe Applejack aside because she's had the most exposure family-wise, and has the most family that has had any decent screen time.) I'd like to see more of this so-called 'Time Society' as well. There have been several ponies in the background that have had the hourglass hip marks, and I'm curious as to why. It might be just simply an inside joke with some of the creators that like Dr. Who or time travel or something, but it would really be interesting to see.

Now I shall delve into some pony fanfiction.. I'm a little afraid because I don't really go for fanfiction.. Or shipping in general, but I'm open because I have a few hours. >_>;
    3DS Friend Code: 3625-8308-8437
    Pokemon X | Harvest Moon ANB | Animal Crossing ANL
    Fighting Type | Machoke | Throh | Breloom

10. - Top - End - #100
    Banned

That pic stretched the screen so much it set me to your previous post, the one I'd already responded to. I got confused for a moment.
    Aye, I wasn't able to find a good picture in time, and I wasn't about to let the page reset and undo all the typing. So I cut quality for speedier production. Have a better picture as recompense.

Spoiler
    Show

Actually there is some overlap.

Solars are people who get a boost for being ballsy, Lunars are people who are ballsy and survive something that should have killed them by their own skill and toughness as opposed to getting a super power boost in the middle of it. Infernals and Abyssals, being corrupted Solars (I think I mentioned that in one of the two PMs I sent you, dunno if you got them yet. ) are people who did something ballsy and failed, in Abyssal's cases were usually on the brink of death when they agreed to give up their names and work to destroy Creation in exchange for surviving and Infernals some time afterward when they sold their souls to devils and turned into a giant chrysalis. Only Sidereals and Dragonbloods are determined by things other than their own actions.

And Alchemicals are robot-communists with the souls of heroes from another generation.

Oh, and I should mention that Exalted does have Fate, though Exalts, and even sufficiently heroic mortals can alter fate by their own determination, Essence use and doing awesome things. The entities who monitor fate and ensure that the laws of physics aren't broken are action movie junkies.

I think you should start putting fake foot notes when ever you get *. Have them be non sequiturs if you like.
    Alright, I'll give it a shot and check out exalted. Doubt I'll ever really play, but I'll probably make a character and learn the rules a bit. Go ahead and bombard me with information. Don't have an IM program right now though, so I'll have to go about it the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I'm nearly 32, so I'd have been at least six when those games first came out (according to wiki).*

Anyway, you're as old as you feel, they say. So I feel old.
    Aye, as soon as you said that I remembered not only that you've said it before, but I also agreed with you. so, that's my bad. You're totally as cantankerous as you say.

Also, 32 is just enough older that I do feel I need to defer. You lucked out, mate.

Victory is mine!

I mean, Victory is Fluttershy's!

I mean *ahem**

Victory is mine! Um...if that's okay...
    poor Fluttershy. She jus doesn't feel right taking command outside of her leathers. The masks we wear, and all.

1That's the last year of primary school, whatever that translates to in American Grade or the "year" terminology they started using in the UK after I left school (or at least it was never used in my schools, 'cos I'm never sure what, for example, how old people in "Year five" are.)

2I.e. the thing you go to after finishing school (at 16), so I was 17-18 at the time).
    See, that's why I "like" the American system; designed for dolts, by dolts.

We get preschool, which is a fancy term for a daycare that inculcates an appreciation for schedules and obedience to random adults.

We get kindergarten, where in between naps, songs, ABCs, and some basic math, they really lay out the social adjusting. Get them while they're young and all; this is where they try to make kids good cogs for the system, because any grade higher and the parents expect actual learning, where "I learned that we have to share because it's nice" fits perfectly well with a five year old

Then we have grades 1-12, with an artificial division at 5-6 ("middle school" or "junior high") and 8-9 ("high school").
    Used to be the division was every 4 years; my brother went to "middle school" in 5th grade, I went in 6th. I also didn't learn darn near anything, because of a whole bunch of things that are probably rubbing pretty hard against the "do not discuss on this forum" ruleset.

But yeah, we have 'get ready for how school works' grade, and 'series of numbers without meaning' grade. Especially since Gallophornia had to re-draft it's Exit Exam (the test to see if you were qualified to graduate highschool) because all the 12th graders couldn't pass 5th grade equivalancy tests.

I dislike the school system, in case it isn't obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Actually, you can only be one of them. Else you explode. >_>
    Hm. What happens if I survive that explosion? Or if I am a bunch of separate people of different castes who somehow combine, forming one being with the powers of many?

Or can I hang my mantle over time? I've had millennia after all. And I'm not always a good guy.

Wow! Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash must have had a long flight for that housesitting.
    Admittedly, yes. But that's what made it a good excuse! "sorry, pinkie, but we have to go out of state while our friend is on vacation.

Omigosh Omigosh Omigosh! They were honey mooning! in Harry's beach house! So romantic /)^3^(\ !!!

My God Phoe!
    What have you done to me?!

DAWWWWWWWWWW
    ...yep, you've been cute enough that I'm gonna zealously defend your ship.
    Wait, what?

*thinks*
    *looks at Brazen Shield*
    *thinks some more*

OH CLAD I'VE BEEN SHIP'D WITH A PONY AND I NEVER KNEW

That's what IMs are for! (Shot epically)
    I'm pretty sure that would violate EVERY CLAUSE on the 'what I am/am not allowed to tell other ponies about' list. I'd be murdered, AND banned from the Internet for it. If I'm lucky.

Don't mind people talking about it, or even criticising, but acting as though it's the single worst media ever produced, like most of the internet does...
    That's fair. Especially since mookie only fails from a meta-perspective, and then only if you're over-literal - usually. Some stuff just... Doesn't work. I totally understand why, because I've done it myself, though. Sometimes, you think about something so much, you just don't realize you're leaving out vital context. It's all second nature to you, but the outsider is left going "good gracious, people pay you for this?!"

Year 5 would be 9-10.*
    Year R is 5ish, or a little younger.
    Secondary School starts with Year seven, at 11-12, ends with Year Eleven at 15-16, when you do your GCSEs. After this you have Sixth Form or College, which lasts for two years (17-18, I'm at the end of the second year if you're curious), and you do your A-Levels. A-Levels qualify you for University at 19+, or you can go get a job.

BRIT-GIRL, AWAY!
    I didn't understand any of that.
    And I am left with a sour taste in my mouth, as I think that even your grade scale requires more cognitive effort. Stupid government schools.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    After rummaging* through my Google Docs, I found this for you, SiuiS. *By "rummage" I may or may not mean "I used the search bar." :P
    Hey, I was gonna do that too! Once I remembered what the hay I was looking for, that is ...

Thanks mate. Guess I got you crossed with Kairaven for some reason.

HEY WMJILL CHECK OUT THIS LINK. ITS TOTALLY WORTH YOUR WHILE OK THANK YOU BYE BYE

Now, you see, this is what throws me off. The "year" terminology must have come in only a couple of years after I left primary school (the secondary school I went too was a private school; mainly because all the public schools in my area had a foul reputation and my Dad used to go there). My sisters seem to have an understanding of it, it just passed me by. (I think it must be the Year R or something that throws it out.) When I were at school, you had 1st-through 3rd year infants, 1st-through-4th year juniors and 1st-through-5th year senior schools. I dunno, maybe I'm just old an confused and it's simpler than I think or something, but it's always lost me.

(And given that's the school/class/grade system in my own country, you can image how utter blanked I am for foreign places like America or Japan!)

On the other hand, it's not something I've ever really could be arsed to work out (I suppose if I was bothered I'd have looked it up on wiki or something...)
    Well, horsefeathers. I've already answered this, which means I forgot what I was initially supposed to say for the first one...

Uh...

Nothing to see here, folks.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I'm sorry. I didn't mean to.. what have I done?!
    ... Actually, no. I'm kinda done with the overt Fluttershy bondage jokes. I feel like I'm starting to belittle her, demean her as a person.

Which is admittedly strange since she doesn't actually exist, but ofthe people in my head weren't as valid as the people outside my head, I wouldn't be me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    I remember before the internet was a thing. *Stupid GameFAQs and stupid Castlevania being so stupid hard.
    which Castlevania? Only one I really had trouble with was Simon's Quest, because I was too you to read or know what was going on. I just kept whipping werewolves until I died.

Of course, as a wee'n my parents had two choices; let me play video games for hours on end, or let me go outside, round up some kids, and re-enact video games for hours on end. One had a lot less falling out of trees and getting in trouble for hitting things with rope.

So yeah, plenty of practice.

I'm Canadian and I am laughing myself silly at you silly Brits and your silly concept of snow. *I remember walking to school on a day where there was so much snow they couldn't even get the snow plows onto the roads. *That's right, too much snow for the snow plows. *And I walked. *For an hour. *Because they didn't close the school. *Then I walked for an hour to get home when all the teachers said they didn't care because nobody showed up anyway. *It was fun.
    I am on the opposite end of the spectrum, wondering why all y'all are complaining about the heat when it's under the triple-digit mark.

But snow? Really? Son, it's water, that falls from the sky, that you can't drink. That just ain't natural.*

No, you can keep your "snow". I'll enjoy developing a nice sheen and a surfer tan in humidity low enough to chap the skin, thankyouverymuch.

Someone needs to edit this so it reads "Just as princess planned" so we can counter it with "Just as Pinkie planned".
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey Braz, you said you guys were getting cable or something that can get ponies right? *If not you might have a challenge when season 2 comes out.
    man she is paranoid enough do not give her ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Wait, we have an actual exchange rate? Wow. From now on, I will be making all of my purchases in bits.
    Ayup! A bit is 12.5¢, so two bits to the quarter.
    There wasn't a smaller denomination in common circulation at the time, either, so they had a 'short bit' and a 'long bit'. Of you owed a bit, you could pay with a dime, save 2.5¢ and you payed the 'short bit'. If you only had a quarter, you could pay a quarter, get back a dime, and you lost 2.5¢, meaning you payed the 'long bit'. Whoever came up on the short end of the transaction had to suck it up.

A bit is also one of the pieces of a piece-of-eight, too. It's all in the wiki entry someone put up for bit (currency) or whatnot. I thought I was really interesting, considering that this system is about where the American market seems to be heading; pennies cost more to produce than they are worth, yet people treat them like trash. So if we drop the penny, smallest denomination is a nickel (5¢), and everything is rounded. So we will once again be stuck paying the short bit or the Long bit, based on final transaction price.

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    I see. And I like.

I'd say something to spur a debate, but I'm out of interesting ideas.

okay: the Pie family is Equestria's equivalent of hippies. Equestria is a place of happiness and joy, so living a live of hard work with absolutely no fun is a rejection of all social norms. The Pie parents probably were second generation and didn't know about any other kind of living, so they had no defence mechanisms when their family was corrupted by happiness and laughter.
    Hm. Plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    I never thought I'd hear that about Fluttershy from you...I'm pleasantly surprised. Also, I've found myself even more enthusiastic for Lyra and Bon Bon after subjecting them to the nightmare treatment in my last WTG entry. They really grow on you...
    Goodness, do they grow on you! I think they are one of the best parts of the show. LyraXBon-Bon has a higher place than even that flutterdash-ery that I've subscribed to. I am very surprised by this.

And I think I was finally able to separate Fluttershy (who is actually that shy) from all the irritating folks I know who act like that for attention because that's how anime presents an available woman. So she can shine on her own without the dead weight.

So I peeked in the spoiler, and now I wish I knew where to find that Professor Farnesworth emoticon; oh well, just imagine this is his voice:

Oh my!
    Aye, the Farnsworth was a 15 minute search before something came up. Which means...

WE NEED A FARNSWORTH PONY MOTIVATIONAL/MEME THING!

I am going to need a dose of non-grimdark ponies soon though, because between the game and the fic, I'll eventually have to huddle in a ball in the corner...
    Oh?
    Double Rainbow!

Ad'awwable

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    Yeah, it gets like that sometimes. After a recent chapter I wound up digging through the story archives for some happy little shipfic to get myself back to normal after being emotionally drained. I have such a weird relationship with this story, sometimes it hurts me and I love it anyway.
    Try the above. They almost always lift my spirits. When I'm smart enough to use them, that is.

Spoiler
    Show

First off: hugging a Lich? Bad idea.

Lieutenant? Follow the flight trajectory from the sensor logs and lock on to the target location, I want to raise the shields next time we even get a twitch from that direction. Send in one of the Traitor recon destroyers - use the Soulstealer, it's closest, I want a full scan of whatever system they're using to hyperkinetically accelerate ponies over interstellar distances, and a best plan of attack to disable it.*

Aye, sir.

Oh, and lieutenant, before you do all that, could I ask you to possibly do just one small, nay, insignificant thing for me?

Sir?

Get this massive pile of semi-concious, frozen, Con-drained miniature equines The. Hell. OFF me!!!!!

Yessir! Sorrysir!

*slightly muffled sigh*
    Seriously? I'm surprised at you, commodore. I thought you'd just let them thump into the hull, then drift through the void e'er after.
    Methinks someone - and I ain't sayin' who - wanted a hug. Or needs to fire/decimate the entire crew section that handles whether or not tiny objects from space can find their way through said hull to the bridge.

What's wrong with that? It's perfectly...um...fine! I'm sure it'll grow up to be a perfectly lovely... um...abomination the likes of which no-pony was meant to see! Yeah. That.
    I'm curious what you're referring to here, so I'll leave this in and follow the citation links.

Darn those things are handy.

Helping plan for a wedding is absolutely no fun, when it's not your own. I also presume it's not fun when it is your wedding, but still.
    ugh. Weddings.
    It has to be done just so, because if it's not, then it isn't a real wedding. Despite the wedding having no actual power whatsoever.

Rassumfrassum.

Don't feel so bad about it, Phoe.
    Guh? Horsefeathers, how did I lose Phoe's post? Alas, I shall have to address your words later, Phoe. Possibly in a standalone (or at least smaller) quote block. How ever can you live with such a thing?*

*Just because something is popular doesn't necessarily mean it deserves the popularity (does the Transformers series *really* deserve all the money it's made? Really?), and criticism is always a good thing.

I heard someone quote recently on a thread somewhere that "Critics are supposed to speak for the popular opinion." which is such a wrongheaded argument I nearly choked when reading it.

Also, if it helps, you're not the only one who wants to do that with certain popular fics, so, you know, you're not alone.

Hm, sounds like you have a specific fic in mind, mE. Which'n?

But aye, I agree with most everything here.

Also, my DA feed gave me diabeetus
    Spoiler
    Show
    LOOK OUT OPTIMUS PRIME HAS TACKLED APPLEJACK! SOMEPONY SAVE HER! SAAAVE HER! /Rarity

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    So we can get G-Gundam MLP*
    But no Star Ocean MLP?

Curse you Squaresoft! You fused with Enix and squished the hearts of the SO fans!
    Now they are too bitter to draw Precis Pie or Celestia wearing a shower curtain.
    Man, you just can't catch a break. Sorry, mate.

And we're at fifty. Time for thread eighteen. My lord.
    ... Why did I quote this?
    Oh well.

Only 18? Pony thread, I am disappoint. But hey! As a collective, we're legal to gamble!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Hi, I'm Diego Havoc! You may remember me from such threads as "My Little Pony XVI" and.... uh... that's it.

Yeah so. I posted like 3-4 times and then my PC died on me. I'm sure no one noticed I was gone, but I'm back anyway. I figured I'd wait for a new thread to start so... here I am!

So.... Um.... Have a random image dump!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, a couple of threads back, Thanquol (I think) did a fic thing called "The Old Stories". Does anyone have the link to it? I lost it when my computer went down.
    Nice image dump. I like that RD is playing with a tank.
    And I vaguely recollect you! Welcome, friend! Stay a while, and listen!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    First new thread! It's a strange new world!

I hope I'll make it out alive.

Also, this is the best thing ever:
    You'll be fine, we don't bite (anymore). And that is an awesome emote, and I recognize the URL, and am sad I didn't bookmark MCerberus' emote page.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Nonsense! *Once they're paralyzed they'll hug your forever!
    ...I should probably do something about that Con damage next time though... *That could hurt...
    this got a good chuckle. You're right! Hugs forever! Barring crowbars.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    Where is this server/why didn't I know about this??

Unrelated: I've only recently come into the possession of one of those newfangled "smart" phones, and I'm still discovering the ramifications of what is now possible. For instance, it has now dawned on me that I can access this forum from literally anywhere. This may prove to be... detrimental to my sanity.
    Yay more smartphones!

Don't worry, you'll be fine. I'm on a smart phone, and I only forsook my humanity, live on thread to the point of abandoning most other message boards, and am constantly hounded to get off the phone and participate with others.

That was supposed to be encouragement. I'm bad at this.

Oh my god. Oh my god. We were wrong all along. We were trying to compare the size of ponies by assuming the scale was identical in Equestria as it is on Earth, but we were wrong!

If Equestrian Ponies were to ever come to Earth, they would be giants striding along the land!
    I'm ok with this. Because then ponies would keep people!

~my little people~

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    You say cold damage, I say 'peak processor heat dissipation efficiency'.

The missiles could be an issue, however...
    "could be an issue". Missiles.
    I dunno...

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Pony holidays! Has anyone thought of this before? Surely someone has thought of this before, right?
    Briefly; results were inconclusive. So we stick to the Summer Sun Celebration (which we kind of celebrated) and Winter Wrap Up (which occurred too early for us to really appreciate it).

We could try celebrating Gala night, probably on an equinox.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Also, thread opening mindscrew time: CelestiaxIronHoofCelestia. You could call it...

*puts on sunglasses*

...a benevolent/dictator 'ship.
    That is awesome and you? You are awesome.

By the way, what happened to the thread marathon on August 3rd? I'd like t join if there is one.
    Still on, I do believe. I'll be goin about it starting near 11:00 gmt-7. Maybe earlier; possibly later. I'll do my best not to sleep until 13:00 or later, since then it'd be the 4th for like, half of you guys XD

A sentence with less than three clauses is not a sentence at all. More is always more.

Because the more systematic you work the more likely it is that someone will misunderstand you the one time you leave open even the tiniest space for wrong interpretation.
    I know, right? Used to be you could say 'the store on the corner', now it's a paragraph about which store, how far, which direction, optimal time to drive their, migration routes for related creatures, what to get, what not to get, how to handle them being out of a product, and who's paying for what.

I blame Science.

OI! Wait! That guy stole Ponyard's cutie mark! SKYROCKET!*

*loads launcher* I'm on it boss!
    I saw that too. I was going to say something, if you hadn't noticed.

So you're still on board with Silver Spoon s'mores correct?
    Ach, no! I can't give a green light to cannibalism.

Don't go throwing phrases like that around, boyo. Some of us, we aren't exactly good at handling those thoughts with aplomb...

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Exchange outside Union Court, the Australian National University:

"Hey, can I interest you in voting for us?"
    "That depends. What's your opinion on ponies?"
    "... ponies? I love ponies."
    "Really? Who's your favourite pony?"
    "I used to do horse riding, and I rode a pony called Princess."
    "... You have a deal. Gimme the flyer."
    yay, Princess!

Eeep! I guess I could. I'm just nervous.
    says the bloke who is putting his artistry on display specifically to get it noticed. You're a competent story teller. Throw Em out there, see what the world thinks!

Wait, aren't I in one of those?
    Maybe you should hold off. Discretion and valor, and all that.

I was contemplating this on the path to school and all I could think about was the ramifications on pony kisses.
    Just kissing? Lucky.
    I may never eat pudding again.

-

Raz_Fox; dropped your quote, or maybe skipped it (it should have been one of the first up there...) but,

Nice membership perks, aye?

Also, can I drop the _ from your name, or is it mandatory? Because one day, I will forget. I'd rather it not be seen as a personal affront when I do.

* Yep, caused by multiple spaces. We now know the source; time to work on a cure...

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

<Ka-snip!>

*nods approvingly*

This Friendship is Sufficiently Advanced.

By which I mean, nice work!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

WHA--- I... I cant even comprehend... Someone make a warning sign for excessive AWESOME. please?

How does this work for ya? ^^

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Aye, I wasn't able to find a good picture in time, and I wasn't about to let the page reset and undo all the typing. So I cut quality for speedier production. Have a better picture as recompense.

Spoiler
    Show

Alright, I'll give it a shot and check out exalted. Doubt I'll ever really play, but I'll probably make a character and learn the rules a bit. Go ahead and bombard me with information. Don't have an IM program right now though, so I'll have to go about it the hard way.

Hm. What happens if I survive that explosion? Or if I am a bunch of separate people of different castes who somehow combine, forming one being with the powers of many?

Or can I hang my mantle over time? I've had millennia after all. And I'm not always a good guy.
    Nice. I've got another image dump, once Ponibooru's servers stop hating me.

PM me an e-mail and I can help you start.

It's not a firey explosion, so much as a gorey one. That said, there is a Charm that lets 5 entities combine into one for a while.

And that's one of Exalted's perks. None of the Exalt types have designated good guy/bad guy roles. You can have a Solar who goes around destroying small villages and murdering the inhabitants for the lols, and an Abyssal or Infernal who saves people because it's the right thing to do.

Warning though, if you don't perfect or if you run out of motes, your cosmic powered god king can get 1-shotted by a dirt farmer with a big hammer. But if that happens, throw the book at your ST.
    Last edited by Kris Strife; 2011-07-31 at 10:36 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Colossus in the Playground

Ponyrolling Updates:

"Hey, can I talk to you about some very important issues?"
    "Well... there's only one issue I'm really interested in."
    "Which is?"
    "Ponies."
    "Ponies? Oh... Oh yeah, I love ponies."
    "You do?"
    "Ponies are... determined. And hardworking. And cute. And there was this thing on the internet about them or something."
    "You know ponies! What's your favourite pony?"
    "Um. Well, all ponies are good..."
    "Since you said 'hardworking' it sounds like you like Applejack."
    "Yeah, sure. Applejack."
    "Great. Give me a flier."

"Hey, can we talk to you about your student union?"
    "Sure. Can I talk to you about My Little Pony?"
    "... I guess."
    "What do you think of ponies?"
    "Oh, I love ponies. They're not on the pamphlet, but they're a... very big part of our party's philosophy. We love ponies. Ponies all the way, yep."
    "What's your favourite pony?"
    "Guys, help me out here?"
    "You're on your own man."
    "I... like... the pretty pony."
    "Celestia?"
    "Sure! Yeah. Celestia."
    "Okay, you've made your sale. Give me the flier."
    "Thank god."

Spoiler
    Show

These are excellent and you should feel excellent.

says the bloke who is putting his artistry on display specifically to get it noticed. You're a competent story teller. Throw Em out there, see what the world thinks!

Wait, aren't I in one of those?
    Maybe you should hold off. Discretion and valor, and all that.
    To be more clear, the indecision with this piece is that I'm not sure if it's passably good or actually good, and I'm not sure about submitting something that's just mediocre. I know that I'm capable of good writing at this point, that's not what's troubling me, it's just if that piece is representative of it.

15. - Top - End - #105

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    I know where my Saturday's going! *Sings*
    Originally posted by Sweetie Welf
    by Sweetie Welf
    Sweetie Welf
    Squeal

Yes, I've only just noticed.

Ok so i know this has been more then likely discussed, but due to the catatonic thread slow down, we need a new in depth topic. So therefore i ask three questions.

1. What events would you like to see in season 2?

2. if you could place ANY OC pony into the show who would it be, and how would you make their appearance work while staying under the shows parameters?

3. What background pony should become a regular part of the show? (luna and derpy aside because we know they get more screen time now) What should they do? what connection to the mane cast should they have?
    1. Like you mentioned, Summer Wrap-up/ Beginning of Autumn, and perhaps even see Applebloom get her cutie mark.

2. Darn, you limited it to pony OCs; otherwise, I'd totally say Baron Awesome. But since it is limited to ponies here, add another +1 for Midnight here. I don't care that it would be pretty much impossible to actually introduce her in the series, I want to see the misadventures of that pretty purple pony animated. And, that pretty much exhausts my knowledge of OCs. What? Don't look at me like that. I already said that I don't read much fanfiction.

3. Just to be contrary (and because I re-watched Bridle Gossip yesterday) I'm gonna say Daisy, Rose(luck), and Lily. Obviously, they work with flowers and herbs, but I don't know how they'd be involved without also bringing Zecora back.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Ponyrolling Updates:

"Hey, can I talk to you about some very important issues?"
    "Well... there's only one issue I'm really interested in."
    "Which is?"
    "Ponies."
    "Ponies? Oh... Oh yeah, I love ponies."
    "You do?"
    "Ponies are... determined. And hardworking. And cute. And there was this thing on the internet about them or something."
    "You know ponies! What's your favourite pony?"
    "Um. Well, all ponies are good..."
    "Since you said 'hardworking' it sounds like you like Applejack."
    "Yeah, sure. Applejack."
    "Great. Give me a flier."

"Hey, can we talk to you about your student union?"
    "Sure. Can I talk to you about My Little Pony?"
    "... I guess."
    "What do you think of ponies?"
    "Oh, I love ponies. They're not on the pamphlet, but they're a... very big part of our party's philosophy. We love ponies. Ponies all the way, yep."
    "What's your favourite pony?"
    "Guys, help me out here?"
    "You're on your own man."
    "I... like... the pretty pony."
    "Celestia?"
    "Sure! Yeah. Celestia."
    "Okay, you've made your sale. Give me the flier."
    "Thank god."
    The best part is how you reward make them feel a bit better after trolling them by taking a flier anyway. Love and tolerate, man. Love and tolerate.

Last edited by AlterForm; 2011-07-31 at 10:42 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Yay, we finally have Sweetie Welf!
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

(EDIT) And by request, a disclaimer is added...

Spoiler
    Show

Finally something to stand against the Commadore's awesome-fueld ship!
    Friendship shall spread across the galaxy!
    *Stamps Alicorn seal of approval*
    Last edited by Betropper; 2011-07-31 at 10:47 PM.
    Celestia Moon avatar by Dirtytabs. He is now the most awesome thing.

THIS
    Wins
    My website: Free Raptor Games
    Note: mostly abandoned due to lack of time.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Weretrex avatar by Bradakhan

Bec Noir avatar by Derjuin, thanks! Yes, that sword in his chest is a part of him.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh?
    Double Rainbow!

Ad'awwable

Try the above. They almost always lift my spirits. When I'm smart enough to use them, that is.
    Saved with the force of a thousand sonic rainbooms.

Don't go throwing phrases like that around, boyo. Some of us, we aren't exactly good at handling those thoughts with aplomb...
    As good an excuse as any...
    Operation Flavors of Harmony, part 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ponysane science log, experiment 467263; Test subject two has been…successfully removed from the DERPY, although complications with DERPY’s mainframe have necessitated an unconventional, temporary AI storage method.
    So, Igor, how are you holding up? Because I’m an apple.
    "mnk mnk"
    However, the march of science, particularly ponysane science, stops for nopony. Therefore, the experiment will continue with test subject three.
    *yawn* Man, that was a good nap…what the hay? Where am I?
    Due to the difficulties with test subject two, the chemical analysis flavor determination will be preformed by PINKIE until repairs to DERPY’s mainframe are completed.
    LET ME OUT OF HERE! *begins kicking the walls* HEY! ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME? LET ME OUT!
    Hi there! Are you ready for your test?
    Pinkie Pie?! WHAT’S GOING ON HERE!
    *GASP* You know Pinkie Pie!? She was the nicest most funnest pony EVER! I was so sad when she had to leave! But the Doctor said…
    …ya’know what? Never mind. What am I doing here? What’s this “test” thing?
    Oh its super easy! All you have to do is kiss that shiny glass plate on the wall!
    You’re telling me I have to kiss the wall? The hay kind of test is this? Ugh, fine. *walks over to the plate, scrunches up her face and kisses it* There, can I go now?
    *pants* SPICY!
    *portals begin opening all over the walls of the containment cell*
    Oh, I am out of here! *flies out one of the portals*
    GAH! Test subject three is loose on the ship! Abort test! ABORT TEST! END TRANSMISSION!
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Image dump: Ponibooru's servers hate me edition!

Royal Family:
    Spoiler
    Show

Even Pinkie ships Twixie.
    Spoiler
    Show

Wait, what?
    Spoiler
    Show

An adorable OC
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony-Credit Card!
    Spoiler
    Show

Derpy Quixote
    Spoiler
    Show

A classic Dragonball Reference?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Aw Twixie. How I rage at thee.

Still, I like those image dumps.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

22. - Top - End - #112

Royal Family:
    Spoiler
    Show

Even Pinkie ships Twixie.
    Spoiler
    Show

Wait, what?
    Spoiler
    Show

An adorable OC
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony-Credit Card!
    Spoiler
    Show

Derpy Quixote
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Dude, Ponibooru's servers hate /everyone/. SO. LAGGY. Ponychan is better.

*Sage Nod*
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Aw Twixie. How I rage at thee.

Still, I like those image dumps.
    Not a huge fan of Twixie myself, mostly because I dislike show Trixie, but I'm glad my image dumps are meeting the DBC Standards of Approval!

Dude, Ponibooru's servers hate /everyone/. SO. LAGGY. Ponychan is better.

*Sage Nod*
    I use it for the tags function honestly.
    Last edited by Kris Strife; 2011-07-31 at 10:56 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114

Spoiler
    Show
    Personally, I tend to prefer Bronibooru. Much, much less lag.

Also another Dragonball pic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

And now Image Dump: Revenge of the Sith Bobcat Edition.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Firbolg in the Playground

Because the sloppyness of the geometry has HAUNTED ME FOREVER:

#ffcc00 for the color

Yo pony, I heard you like reusable assets so we

edit-
    ... Actually, no. I'm kinda done with the overt Fluttershy bondage jokes. I feel like I'm starting to belittle her, demean her as a person.

Which is admittedly strange since she doesn't actually exist, but ofthe people in my head weren't as valid as the people outside my head, I wouldn't be me.
    It seems you've been eating too many of the Pink One's cupcakes there
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-07-31 at 11:12 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Because the sloppyness of the geometry has HAUNTED ME FOREVER:

#ffcc00 for the color

Yo pony, I heard you like reusable assets so we
    Might I propose Groucho glasses and noise maker Pinkie with WARNING: SILLY.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Might I propose Groucho glasses and noise maker Pinkie with WARNING: SILLY.
    Reusable art assets grant your command!
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wait, what?
    Spoiler
    Show
    .... That is just... I mean... seriously... @.@ What? Fusion-Ha?

30. - Top - End - #120

You'll be fine, we don't bite (anymore). And that is an awesome emote, and I recognize the URL, and am sad I didn't bookmark MCerberus' emote page.

There's a whole page of these? Man I need to start snooping back a few threads and see what I can scrounge up, that is definitely something that is relevant to THIS captain's interests [/contemplativeBeardStroke]

Yay more smartphones!

Don't worry, you'll be fine. I'm on a smart phone, and I only forsook my humanity, live on thread to the point of abandoning most other message boards, and am constantly hounded to get off the phone and participate with others.

That was supposed to be encouragement. I'm bad at this.
    Sounds like a definitely roadmap to follow! See you on the other side. I've already got a head start on the whole "forsaking my humanity" bit, I've got a desk job!
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-07-31 at 11:24 PM.