New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XVIII: Perfect Isn't Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    I'm not sure how much damage that would cause them. We've seen Dash crash into plenty of things/ponies and it doesn't seem to affect them much. Maybe the ponies have that ability that makes them immune to backlash damage...
    I was kinda referring to the whole Con-drain/cold damage thing, before everyone decided I'm a Pokemon...

I'm not sure whether to be offended or flattered...

Maybe I should start shouting my name whenever I cast a spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen
    *Saved*
    Y'know, just in case Lord Death Despoil decides to come for a visit or something.
    *skullpalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen
    ...Alicorns are part deer now too?
    What, you don't think there's room for pony-Galadriel and deer-Galadriel? You can never have enough Elf Queen-analogues.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    And not at all because I want to see Blueblood publicly shamed...well, actually that's pretty much the exact reason.
    I concur.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    My bet is on some form of rat. :P
    No, that's too good for him. A spider, maybe (but only because we know what happens to male spiders when they...date...)

But even that's not truly vile, it'd need to be something only just a touch above the very bottom (because even I wouldn't wish being a Vampire of a Shi'Ar on Blueblood, I mean seriously, there are civilised limits, after all)...

I know, a Traffic Warden! Zing!

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid
    Can I call Lord Chancellor? I really want to be Lord Chancellor!
    You really want to share a title with Kenneth Clarke?1

No, but seriously, I mean, it's not really a military position, it's just being in charge of a house of decrepid mo the House of Lords... All red tape and no ponies, I mean, fun.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid
    Nope. I'm in the same boat with you...in fact, my brain just began combining candy-filled ponies with a certain perk from Fallout that will not be mentioned, and now I need brain bleach...
    Maybe it's just the zoologist in me, but I keep thinking, "hang on, there's a creature that's made of entirely easily digestable material that's basically like nectar, a substance made entirely as animal-rocket fuel? Every other species in the entire world, animal, plant or otherwise, is going to see it as an easily exploitable food source!" Creeeepy.

1For the benefit of non-British bronies, that we take the urine out of all our politicians unilaterally, especially when they make very public bog-ups! Take our current Lord Chancellor, for example. (Please...) Google his name and you'll see a number of links one from only a couple of months ago...

(I'll not say anymore than that, or I'll be getting into political satire, which while a natural tendancy for the British, is not appropriate to boards, and I absolutely don't want to offend anyone.

Except Blueblood.

And Gilda.

And Gladiator, who I appreciate is nothing to do with ponies, but I always want of "offend" him, particularly with something heavy, like say a repeated neutron star to the face!!!! Ahem.)

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGbWGs2SRe8 Meet the Scout.

also has been turned into

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt4Zv5ojX5A This.

@ Kurgan
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll come up with some sort of other product that he could have his face pounded into. It's just hard to come up with something that doesn't sound slightly silly.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground

Bobcat I still need to make your spray >.>
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Well, ok, but I say that about a lot of them. Celestia is, I dunno, more regal or something.
    Yes, but regal pony or beautiful pony just don't have the right feel to them. :p
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Yes, but regal pony or beautiful pony just don't have the right feel to them. :p
    Guardopolis: Celestia is a regal beauty, utterly perfect in every way.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    But that's infinitely more awkward than "She's a pretty pony."

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I was kinda referring to the whole Con-drain/cold damage thing, before everyone decided I'm a Pokemon...

I'm not sure whether to be offended or flattered...

Maybe I should start shouting my name whenever I cast a spell.
    DO EEEET!

You really want to share a title with Kenneth Clarke?1

No, but seriously, I mean, it's not really a military position, it's just being in charge of a house of decrepid mo the House of Lords... All red tape and no ponies, I mean, fun.
    Well, I was thinking of it from a more sci-fi/fantasy-based direction, and less as an actual political figure. The name just sounds cool, and thanks to the (over)use of Chancellors as planetary or galactic leaders, it seems like it comes with a nice amount of power...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

It is shaping up well. I think adding in the comments Tirek makes during the debate scene helped. It made it more clear that he knows he has won, and that the ponies are only losing time with their arguing.

A few grammatical things I found:

You have a space between the " and whatever.

Might want to rethink a few of the words. You use "couldn't help" twice and then "could" one more time. I had to reread this once or twice to make sure you didn't accidentally restart the sentence halfway in.

I don't know why, but this bothers me somewhat. Probably the dialogue without introducing the character in any way, shape or form...actually, that is it now that I think of it. Rainbow Dash has been mentioned, but hasn't appeared once in the story up until this point.

The other ponies get a quick snippet, Rainbow Dash is introduced with her screaming and everyone looking up, without the reader looking up, so to speak.

Take from that what you want.

The existence of hamburger opens up a big 'ol can of worms that I don't want to think about in pony. I suppose since hot dogs are physically mentioned in the show though, that meat products exist in Equestria.

EDIT:

Just got me thinking of the Winter's Tale.*

Celestia: King of Sicily
    Luna: King of Sicily's Wife ((or, if you want Bohemia to be "The Moon", have her be the King of Sicily's Daughter))
    Twilight: Their daughter (lives a normal life, then realizes she is the daughter of a king and helps to reunite her parents (and Sicily and Bohemia) through her existence)
    Pinkie Pie: The Bear: it comes out of freaking nowhere, mauls a man to death, and then meanders off stage
    Trixie: Prince of Bohemia (ends up with Twilight, now we have the necessary ingredients for Midnight )
    Blueblood: The dickish bandit who tries to screw everyone over, only to get screwed over himself

That's all I've got for now

*I forget the character's names, so I'll just use titles when possible
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, let me ask this then. I was trying to have Dash show up very abruptly; like, nopony was looking UP when they started crashing into them. Does it work on that level, or is there some way you'd improve it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Only thing I caught was this:

Tirek didn't comment on Whooves' line, so it doesn't really make sense.

I wouldn't worry, but then again, I'm one of the prereaders who has been on this thing since day one. You should be getting some fresh opinions soon, so just look forward to that.
    Ah, that one was a relic of moving a line from one place to another. Thanks for catching that.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-01 at 12:04 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Bugbear in the Playground

But that's infinitely more awkward than "She's a pretty pony."
    Depends more on if you're shooting for the flattery angle or not. I'd go with Darth's way of putting it if you're shooting for flattery and Kris's way if you're shooting for being adorable (works best if colt or filly, not full grown).
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Depends more on if you're shooting for the flattery angle or not. I'd go with Darth's way of putting it if you're shooting for flattery and Kris's way if you're shooting for being adorable (works best if colt or filly, not full grown).
    Love/star struck?

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221

Love/star struck?
    That too. XD

---

Also. It made it on EqD for everypony who didn't catch it yet.

It is so trippy to be able to go "I know where that came from!"
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Random idea for a story. This is on the list of ones I won't write, so if anyone wants to start off here, go for it.

Celestia has had her eyes on Guardopolis for years, but has always been afraid to make the first move, since she thinks he might be scared off by her. So she's been playing the long game.

Then she finds out that he's been carrying on with Luna since about a month after she came back. She asks around and finds that he'd apparently been aware of her interest in him, but had found her unapproachable (like, via a palace spy/gossip).

How does Celestia deal with the fact that he found SOMEPONY WHO TURNED INTO FREAKING NIGHTMARE MOON more approachable?

13. - Top - End - #223

Maybe it's just the zoologist in me, but I keep thinking, "hang on, there's a creature that's made of entirely easily digestable material that's basically like nectar, a substance made entirely as animal-rocket fuel? Every other species in the entire world, animal, plant or otherwise, is going to see it as an easily exploitable food source!" Creeeepy.
    And now you know the real reason as to why most of Equestria is tightly controlled nature-wise, and why the Everfree Forest, with it's uncontrolled nature, both plant and animal, is considered so dangerous to ponies.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Ponder making her self small and cute too?

Relevant to the earlier discussion:

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Kris Strife; 2011-08-01 at 12:14 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Image Dump: The First of Many Edition.

Spoiler
    Show

How odd that these were in my deviant art favorites one after the other.

I'm sorry, I always get that way after cutting onions.

The pegasus is Spike.

Dash is the best pseudo big sister ever.

Dash is the cutest factory worker ever.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

How does Celestia deal with the fact that he found SOMEPONY WHO TURNED INTO FREAKING NIGHTMARE MOON more approachable?
    Aotrs Answer: With FIRE!!!!

Serious Answer: Depression at her isolation, heartbreak and running away to hide at the Ponyville library with the one pony she is closest to, and is sent further into herself when Twilight reacts with her typical hero-worship. Until Celestia finally breaks down and Twilight finally sees and accepts the pony under the crown (as a friend, not just a mentor (etc)), learns an important lesson that while you should respect them, you shouldn't put anypony on a pedastal, even a Princess.

(Except me, obviously, you should put me on a pedastal (well, an effegy, anyway, else I wouldn't get any work done) and genuflect to it every so often (like once every five minutes or so.))

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

So, I was thinking, if ponies wearing clothes is kind of like humans being naked, then what does it mean that Applejack always wears a hat, Braeburn wears a hat and vest, and most of the Apploosians wore something?

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

So, I was thinking, if ponies wearing clothes is kind of like humans being naked, then what does it mean that Applejack always wears a hat, Braeburn wears a hat and vest, and most of the Apploosians wore something?
    Well, the hat is purely functional. It keeps sun out of the eyes. Also, it makes Wonderbolts think you're cute.

The clothes... from an outside POV, it's so that you know it's a wild west episode. From an in universe thing, it could be intended as protection of some sort? Dunno. Or it's a local fashion trend.

Aotrs Answer: With FIRE!!!!

Serious Answer: Depression at her isolation, heartbreak and running away to hide at the Ponyville library with the one pony she is closest to, and is sent further into herself when Twilight reacts with her typical hero-worship. Until Celestia finally breaks down and Twilight finally sees and accepts the pony under the crown (as a friend, not just a mentor (etc)), learns an important lesson that while you should respect them, you shouldn't put anypony on a pedastal, even a Princess.

(Except me, obviously, you should put me on a pedastal (well, an effegy, anyway, else I wouldn't get any work done) and genuflect to it every so often (like once every five minutes or so.))
    Should I... should I write you a letter about this?

... Sure Twilight. Sure. Maybe you can make sense of this whole mess.

Twilight excuses herself. Celestia entertains herself with the margarita Spike made her (he's a master mixologist)

A few minutes later, a scroll hits her in the head.

Twilight, you didn't have to have Spike send it...

Sorry, force of habit.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-01 at 12:32 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229

And that would make the Grand Galloping Gala...
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Appleloosa is the equivilent of a nudist colony?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-08-01 at 12:32 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Well, the hat is purely functional. It keeps sun out of the eyes. Also, it makes Wonderbolts think you're cute.

The clothes... from an outside POV, it's so that you know it's a wild west episode. From an in universe thing, it could be intended as protection of some sort? Dunno. Or it's a local fashion trend.
    I'm going with the fanon "clothes are the pony version of nudity" explanation.

So, are you saying AJ's hat is the pony version of short shorts?

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    And that would make the Grand Galloping Gala...
    Why do you think Celestia didn't dress up?

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

I'm going with the fanon "clothes are the pony version of nudity" explanation.

So, are you saying AJ's hat is the pony version of short shorts?

Oh you.

Also, that would explain why pictures/costumes of human Applejack have in her Daisy Dukes so often.

Aside from the obvious, prurient reasons.

23. - Top - End - #233

Wait, Rarity is the biggest smut peddler in Ponyville in this line of thought.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-08-01 at 12:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Oh you.

Also, that would explain why pictures/costumes of human Applejack have in her Daisy Dukes so often.

Aside from the obvious, prurient reasons.
    It also adds a whole different element to the Wonderbolts having uniforms?

Maybe they used to be the royal harem?

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Wait, Rarity is the biggest smut peddler in Ponyville in this line of though.
    DRESSES ARE JUST LUXURIES USED ON SPECIAL OCCASIONS. MOVE ALONG, CITIZEN, THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

... Aaaaaaaand no. No royal harem. Uh uh.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-01 at 12:36 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Nightmare Moon, by wearing armor, was wearing more than Celestia ever has been shown to wear.

Just a thought. *readies brain bleach*
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-08-01 at 12:38 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground

On ponies made of candy:
    Someone has probably said this already though

EDIT: oh wait, it was made by this forum XD
    Last edited by Betropper; 2011-08-01 at 12:51 PM.
    Celestia Moon avatar by Dirtytabs. He is now the most awesome thing.

THIS
    Wins
    My website: Free Raptor Games
    Note: mostly abandoned due to lack of time.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Weretrex avatar by Bradakhan

Bec Noir avatar by Derjuin, thanks! Yes, that sword in his chest is a part of him.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Nightmare Moon, by wearing armor, was wearing more than Celestia ever has been shown to wear.

And Luna...wasn't wearing any...

So Nightmare Moon's armour is basically the Slutty Evil Bikini...?

That...I...huh.

Y'know what?

I'm just going to go to roleplaying now. With great expedience...

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

DRESSES ARE JUST LUXURIES USED ON SPECIAL OCCASIONS. MOVE ALONG, CITIZEN, THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

... Aaaaaaaand no. No royal harem. Uh uh.
    That actually fits well with her darker and edgier versions.

And obviously it's not used for that anymore, after it became considered workplace harassment. Also Celestia grew to twice the height of almost every pony else.

They say Evil is Sexy.

Never bought into that myself.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that Applejack admits to wearing additional clothes on a semi-regular basis. Her "work duds."
    Last edited by Kris Strife; 2011-08-01 at 12:50 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

On the topic of pony clothes, I'm more intrigued by the fact that we've never seen a pony wearing pants. (The wonderbolts' flight suits don't count, as they appear to be one-piece)
    Pony avatar by Akrim.elf