New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748
Results 1,411 to 1,417 of 1417
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: JJJ's Haunting of Harrowstone

Tamara finds it difficult to navigate the abundantly furnished room in the dark. A large curios cabinet stands in her way, and all she manages is to get closer to the dead professor.

As she moves, she can hear the noise and smell the stench of more zombies in the manor's entrance. She senses a movement in the dark, but too late: A zombie's fist hits her squarely in the chest, sending her reeling.

Spoiler
    Show
    In poor visibility, the cost of movement is doubled and I don't think Acrobatics can help that in any way. She can go up to 6 squares with a double move, ending in C10.

Besides, she has to go through either C9 or D9 on her way there, which means there's a 50% chance the zombie in E10, which she can't see, gets an attack of opportunity.

(Roll 50 or less means back luck for the halfling):(1d100)[2]
    AoO (1d20+6)[24] (no Dex, no Dodge) damage [roll]1d6+4

(Fixed roll in OOC: 7 damage)
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2012-12-27 at 08:15 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Dark, too dark," Lilith mutters to herself. She can see Kendra and Lorrimor's body struggling below, but she can also hear the approaching mass of zombies. Run, hide, away from the darkness, it's coming for you, quickly. She twitches, her head jerking back towards the lamp-light of her room. "No." Her face is steely with determination. "We need light." She throws one hand to the ceiling, and four luminous green orbs fly from it, arcing up and bathing the room in an eerie luminescence.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Dancing Lights and moving them to illuminate the room.
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

Characters: Currently applying to games!

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Barbarian in the Playground

Looking down and seeing the now undead professor attacking Kendra, Kaythek lets loose with a snarl. Foul desecrator's, is there no ends to which they'll go.

Taking a moment, Kaythek calls on the Gods and Goddesses of War and Battle. Gorum, strengthen my body, for the enemy that is coming.

Quickly, Kaythek then runs down the stairs, turning sharply and using the bannister to aid in his momentum to get to the zombies rushing through.

"INTRUDERS," Kaythek yells out, hoping his voice will wake Augustin. "THE UNDEAD ARE HERE. QUICKLY, WE MUST TURN THEM BACK!"

Spoiler
    Show

Standard Action: Cast Shield of Faith for 3 minutes
    Move Action: Get E9 or as close as possible to it.

Kaythek
    HP 28/28
    AC 14 TOUCH AC 14 FLAT FOOT 12
    Fort +4, Refl +4, Will +4

Shield of Faith for 3 Minutes (30 Rounds)
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

Favorite Merc Maxims

2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
    3. An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
    27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Kendra, back!" Briar calls as the gnome sprints full speed towards the stairway down, fumbling for her flasks and bombs as she goes. Damnation, situation... difficult. Imminent explosive damage to Lorrimor residence sadly unavoidable, unfortunately necessary given circumstances.

Spoiler
    Show
    Briar will move to the top of the stairs with her utmost speed (i.e. eight squares, I believe.
    Fantastic avatar by Ceika.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Titan in the Playground

Morcaine charges down to the newly lit room, her first priority being saving Kendra.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Morcaine can get there in time, she's going to cast cure light wounds on Kendra.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Firbolg in the Playground

Lights from Lilith's spell fill the room, while the heroes rush to come to Kendra's help. Ulric jumps over the railing, landing on the long dinner table below. Kendra attempts to flee and put the table between her and the zombie, but the Professor's corpse is faster and manages to land a blow on her back, causing her to stumble.

The gaggle of zombies in the entrance advance towards Kaythek and Tamara, and hit them with their rotting fists. Both can see that more are pouring in from outside the house.

In their rooms, both Saka and Augustin wake up from their heavy, if uneasy slumber.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ulric: 1 move action to climb over the railing, 1 move action to jump down.
    Acrobatics: (1d20+2)[6] DC15, if failed, non-lethal damage (1d6)[1] (but he lands on his feet in any case).

Zombie in D10 attacks Tamara (1d20+4)[23] damage (1d6+4)[9]
    Zombie in E10 attacks Kaythek (1d20+4)[16] damage (1d6+4)[5]
    Zombie in F9 attacks Kaythek (1d20+4)[19] damage (1d6+4)[5] (the open door between them provides partial cover, so Kaythek has +2AC vs this attack) EDIT - due to lack of armor, all three attacks hit.

Extra Zombie roll in case of a critical threat (1d20+4)[16] damage (1d6+4)[8] EDIT: I had forgotten to roll the attack against Kendra so I'll use this roll instead, since it's the same. Kendra is hit and is now badly hurt.

Sarone: you can control Augustin for this fight. Any takers to take over Saka for now ? I hope RavenGirl didn't give up on me.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2012-12-30 at 09:55 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Tamara swings her massive blade at the zombie before her. Looking for an escape, she hopes to make her way to rescuing Kendra.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the delay... life, etc. Since Tamara action last round didn't work, I won't enter rage yet.

Power attack zombie in front, if it dies, then hop up onto the table at D13.

Attack: (1d20+6)[15]-1=14 Edit: I forgot to write this as PA
    Damage: (1d10+3)[8]+3=11 Edit: I forgot to write this as PA
    Acrobatics to get on table (if necessary): (1d20+12)[24]