New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1489
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIX: I Emptied Your Thread

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    It's a good thing for her that my continuity is Earth 1 and hers is Earth 2. The show is Earth Prime.

Midnight: Hey, why do I have to be Earth 2?

Because I did the naming. So there.
    Ponysanity Earth is Universe A. The other continuity definitely seems like a B universe anyway.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Ponysanity Earth is Universe A. The other continuity definitely seems like a B universe anyway.
    Ooh ooh! Or the Mongooses! That's a good name!
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Troll in the Playground

And yes, I was making a reference to that Trixie and Twilight are sisters comic. It's nothing like fanon, but it's fun.
    Perhaps they're twins...Twilight becomes the initial favorite because of her acceptance to Celestia's prestigious school, and Trixie has taken to the road to find acceptance from the crowds as a showmare. That's the real reason Twilight didn't want to use her magic in Boast Busters; she already felt bad about upstaging Trixie and didn't want to publicly humiliate her after all the old bad blood...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Perhaps they're twins...Twilight becomes the initial favorite because of her acceptance to Celestia's prestigious school, and Trixie has taken to the road to find acceptance from the crowds as a showmare. That's the real reason Twilight didn't want to use her magic in Boast Busters; she already felt bad about upstaging Trixie and didn't want to publicly humiliate her after all the old bad blood...
    That seems like a better motivation to me.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Troll in the Playground

That seems like a better motivation to me.
    Of course it also means they were studiously refusing to recognize one another. I suppose in that case the resentment runs fairly deep...

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Troll in the Playground

Of course it also means they were studiously refusing to recognize one another. I suppose in that case the resentment runs fairly deep...
    Also it implies that Spike doesn't even know.

Half sisters would make more sense.

Also, a question a friend of mine had: has anyone ever read a noteworthy fic that featured an original character alicorn?
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-09 at 04:27 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ettin in the Playground

Also, a question a friend of mine had: has anyone ever read a noteworthy fic that featured an original character alicorn?
    Depends on your definition of "noteworthy". If you mean "Popular", maybe Past Sins?
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

8. - Top - End - #1178

Theory: Trixie has self-esteem issues due to her sister being the perceived center of attention. She specialized in illusion and show magic on a free-ride scholarship to (second most respected institution in canterlot, behind Celestia's personal school) to stick it to her parents.

With a minor in business administration and a fairly successful routine going as "The Great and Powerful" everything was going great until Trixie ran across her sister again.

Doing the fireworks and etc for the closing ceremony of the gala was going to be the biggest business move ever earning her a ton of business from word of mouth... before the festivities were broken up by wanton destruction.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Also, I don't know if it was ever posted, but I find it cute:

Spoiler
    Show
    And the Empire are now moving into literal cavalry units...

Or is that merely Ironhoof Celestia's pegasus guards, taken to their logical extreme? I guess it would explain why they all seem indentical...

Actually, much as I like regular Celestia, Palpatine!Celestia would be frickin' awesome.

(Would that also mean we could have Twilight Sparkle!Mitth'raw'nuruodo or perhaps I should say Tspar!Thrawn? Or maybe Spike is Thrawn (for the lulz) and "Spike" is his mid-name... This bears further thought...)

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Clever Lichy. xD
    What can I say? I learn from my experiences. You don't get to Epic level by being foolhardy.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Troll in the Playground

Theory: Trixie has self-esteem issues due to her sister being the perceived center of attention. She specialized in illusion and show magic on a free-ride scholarship to (second most respected institution in canterlot, behind Celestia's personal school) to stick it to her parents.

With a minor in business administration and a fairly successful routine going as "The Great and Powerful" everything was going great until Trixie ran across her sister again.

Doing the fireworks and etc for the closing ceremony of the gala was going to be the biggest business move ever earning her a ton of business from word of mouth... before the festivities were broken up by wanton destruction.
    Maybe Twilight didn't recognize her because she was wearing her show outfit, and her personality is totally different than her show persona, and possibly has dyed fur?

11. - Top - End - #1181

Maybe Twilight didn't recognize her because she was wearing her show outfit, and her personality is totally different than her show persona, and possibly has dyed fur?
    Sparkle family reunion:

Why didn't you tell me it was you? And the hair I didn't-

One, The Great and Powerful Trixie does not break character. Two, how would you recognize me anyway, you were never home. And three, this coming from the mare whose first words were 'momma I want pink highlights'
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-08-09 at 04:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Troll in the Playground

Remember when we were discussing the My Little Cephalopod idea? And how several people agreed on nautili as being awesome?

Look what I found:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Yes, yes I do.
    You have way to much energy. I carefully consider every breath because it's so exhausting.

Uh, why did I quote this?
    Yeah, I know that feeling. In my case because I sometimes mark a post an answer 10 or 12 hours later. Or mark the wrong post.

What for?

Also, Twilight must pay a lot for glue
    MY mind went to dark places when I read that. Funny video though.

Where?

You mean, who.

Spoiler
    Show

-

Oh, I get it! A heart which burns unbridled; to PARTY!
    Hey, stop herding the good fillies. I called dips on the drunk one. I like her character or something.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Now I have to goooo! *dashes off to internship interview*
    Since I'm too late for wishing luck, I hope it went well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    So... I don't normally discuss my personal life in the Ponythread (I barely have enough time to discuss ponies in the Ponythread, but that's another matter), but there is something I wanted to share with everypony.

At first, I didn't know how to say it.

Then I realised: "Say it with ponies"...

Spoiler
    Show

Translation: My wife has a B.U.M.P.*

*= Brony Under Manufacturing Process
    Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Yesterday my cousin told me that Boast Busters could be done as a wrestling house show. But as I think about it, that would be too many matches and too much drama for one show.

Twilight "The Wiz" Sparkle vs Ursa Minor for the Equestria Championship Belt Saddle TONIGHT!

Tempted to fic.
    Do it.
    You should put in a ponyfied Warrior.

Really? I'm sure there was TrixieLixie shipping at some point.
    But it was just a little one; a Millilixietrixieship.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Those are OC ponies though. Link and Link. The guys who worked on the image are gonna replace them once they find out who was really in the balloon.
    Aww, a pity. The black one (Moongaze) looked interesting and kinda like Luna.

Quote Originally Posted by Ember_Glow View Post
    Are there any grimdarks you know of that are not the following: "Cupcakes", "Rocket to insanity", "rarity's new dress", "sweet apple massacre", "trixie's funhouse" or "you can never trust anypony."
    *makes notes and googles*

It's a good thing for her that my continuity is Earth 1 and hers is Earth 2. The show is Earth Prime.

Midnight: Hey, why do I have to be Earth 2?

Because I did the naming. So there.
    Hm I wanted to make an Earth 2 reference, but I can't remember anything noteworthy about that show. Except that my mom loved it and blocked the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Except that tiny ponies are not safe around me. Like, at all. If anything could ever make me lose my voice in a single squee, it would be tiny ponies. I could not explain to you quite why they have such a profound psychological effect on me (other than simple math: pony = cute, tiny = cute, pony + tiny = cuuuuuuuute), but they do. The mere thought of 2 inch tall ponies running around with squeaky little voices makes me smile a little too broadly. Rest assured, if Shimmer were capable of magic, shrinking spells would be the order of the day, all day every day. With occasional breaks for other things. But she's not, so you're all safe.
    Tiny ponies are cute? Well, say Hello to image dump Wasd99 edition.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Troll in the Playground

Sparkle family reunion:

Why didn't you tell me it was you? And the hair I didn't-

One, The Great and Powerful Trixie does not break character. Two, how would you recognize me anyway, you were never home. And three, this coming from the mare whose first words were 'momma I want pink highlights'
    I think she'd know Trixie at least a LITTLE.

Also, it might be a mutual resentment situation. Trixie resents the pride her parents had in Twilight and how Twilight was chosen by Celestia, Twilight resents Trixie because she actually got to LIVE with Mom and Dad.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Halfling in the Playground

Here is a fic, if it is too violent for the forum, tell me and I will remove it.

Spoiler
    Show

Twilight was alone in a dark room, suddenly the sweetie belle appears in front of her "Hello, I think it's time we try being CMC killers." She walks up to twilight. "If you had only visited the pony.uk page, maybe you would have lived, you know they have over 100 followers." Twilight tried to ignore her, as sweetie steped forward she pulled out a bottle "In here is the acid celestia gave me, you know Pony.uk think celestia is good, anyway I will use it." She pores the acid on to a knife and steals twlight's horn "Now you see if you had followed Ember and Amber at PONY.UK instead of the princess, you would still have your horn." Sweetie runs off and brings back a poster "Follow PONY.UK and you will be saved." Twilight follows pony.uk and for such a good deed is saved and sweetie give her back her horn and everyone is happy and spike is dead.
    Last edited by Ember_Glow; 2011-08-09 at 05:00 PM.
    Huge thanks to Kairaven for my avatar.

At the moment pony.uk are low on Fan-Fics and could really use some, find out more here.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Bugbear in the Playground

Esper, forgot to quote that, and I think its too late, but good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    So... I don't normally discuss my personal life in the Ponythread (I barely have enough time to discuss ponies in the Ponythread, but that's another matter), but there is something I wanted to share with everypony.

At first, I didn't know how to say it.

Then I realised: "Say it with ponies"...

Spoiler
    Show

Translation: My wife has a B.U.M.P.*

*= Brony Under Manufacturing Process
    Congrats man!

Also, I don't know if it was ever posted, but I find it cute:

Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Stormtroopers, something I can definitely get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    He was one of the new Diamond/Pearl evolutions, if I recall correctly, so if SiuiS got out around Emerald I am not surprised he didn't recognize him.
    Fair enough, thought he was a gen IV introduction, and looks like I was right.

Hey now, I used Totodile! He wasn't... okay, he was kind of poor back in Silver/Gold. I'll assume he's a lot better now, that Waterfall/Crunch/Slash and such are more useful to him.
    Ah, see, I've always been overly fond of Fire types. Charizard, Ninetails, Arcanine, Houndoom, and so on. Best typing? Hell no, but they are so friggin awesome!
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

17. - Top - End - #1187

GnomeWizardGuy

Remember when we were discussing the My Little Cephalopod idea? And how several people agreed on nautili as being awesome?

Look what I found:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm, yes. I seem to recall someone mentioning that.

What I want to know is why the rest of the cast aren't. My Little Cephalopod would be excellent to watch.

Also, I would've taken her as more of a Cuttlefish, although I suppose Rainbow Dash would make a very nice squid.
    Also, I could definitely see Rarity as a nautilus. White shell and purple tentacles? It could work.
    And apparently, that isn't the only one either.
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, yes. I seem to recall someone mentioning that.

And apparently, that isn't the only one either.
    This is a meme, much like socks, that I feel I can entirely support. What can I say? I have a soft spot for mollusks.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1189

This is a meme, much like socks, that I feel I can entirely support. What can I say? I have a soft spot for mollusks.
    Do you support ponies in socks, or ponies inside of socks?
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Troll in the Playground

I find both to be adorable, so why discriminate? Also, Luna in socks tends to be happy!Luna in socks, which is a nice little bonus.

@V: I did see a picture of a sock in a sock on Ponibooru once...that was fairly meta, I have to admit.
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-08-09 at 06:06 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1191

GnomeWizardGuy

Clearly, the next iteration will be ponies in socks, inside of socks. A whole sockful of ponies in socks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

22. - Top - End - #1192

I find both to be adorable, so why discriminate? Also, Luna in socks tends to be happy!Luna in socks, which is a nice little bonus.
    I feel depressed knowing I may be the reason that there's a 'tends to be' on that one...
    lesigh.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Titan in the Playground

Clearly, the next iteration will be ponies in socks, inside of socks. A whole sockful of ponies in socks.
    NO! YOU FOAL! DON'T CROSS THE SOCKS!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

24. - Top - End - #1194

Announcement. After five months, I have finally finished MLP!

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

25. - Top - End - #1195

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Have you been welcomed yet?
    formally I mean.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1196

GnomeWizardGuy

@V: I did see a picture of a sock in a sock on Ponibooru once...that was fairly meta, I have to admit.
    NO! YOU FOAL! DON'T CROSS THE SOCKS!
    OH SWEET CELESTIA WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

Spoiler
    Show

My Little Sockies: Friendship is Laundry?
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ettin in the Playground

Then ponies in socks inside of socks worn by ponies!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Titan in the Playground

WELCOME TO THE HERD. IT IS GOOD THAT YOU ARE... COMPLEAT.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

29. - Top - End - #1199

Have you been welcomed yet?
    formally I mean.
    I think so. I got my own Element. But I tend to randomly appear and disappear in this thread.

WELCOME TO THE HERD. IT IS GOOD THAT YOU ARE... COMPLEAT.
    Guys, help?

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ettin in the Playground

Guys, help?
    Are you saying that you are not... COMPLEAT?
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-08-09 at 06:40 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.