New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIX: I Emptied Your Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    That's okay. We can form our own group. Made up of only those who haven't been shipped. It'll be like the cool table in the lunchroom.
    No, thats a trap. they will ship all the people in the anti-shipping group to other members of the anti-shipping group.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    No, thats a trap. they will ship all the people in the anti-shipping group to other members of the anti-shipping group.
    (joking) You make such a cute couple! (unjoking)
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Theory: is it possible to ship shipping?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Don't worry about it. If something you say actually genuinely upsets me, I'll tell you.
    That genuinely relieves me. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    She does? I don't recall her being exactly enthusiastic for Rarity's. Granted she wasn't hesitant to have Rarity design something for her like Applejack was, but I'd attribute that to Applejack being unaccustomed to wearing anything not designed strictly for practicality.
    "I love fun things~!"
    And then continues to beam as Rarity says "that settles it. We'll have a fashion show!". She then continues to enjoy the fashion show, despite her boredom with the dress-making.

*looks this up* "Flirty" is not the impression I get from that - rather just amusement at the whole situation, and Twilight's reaction to it. Which would seem more stereotypically masculine to me - she doesn't care about getting dirty or haphazardly cleaning mud off, and is amused by the reaction of someone who does, and willing to laugh about it to her face. You could even say she was being rather insensitive due the whole "outright laughs at Twilight's appearance" thing.
    The tackle seems intentional. She then spends that whole time giggling at and playing with Twilight Sparkle. I personally find that scene to be the most feminine example of RD I've yet seen.

If by "pressured" you mean when she's petrified of failing in front of a massive crowd, sure; but personally I can't see anyone getting angry as a result of that. That's just fear.
    Every man I've ever seen in this scenario has verbally or physically assaulted their friend who was (un?)knowingly usurping their spotlight. Granted, I've known fewer women in that scenario, but they generally turn inward rather than lashing out at an actual or perceived cause of friction.

On a related note though, to such a degree as she cares about appearances, it's mainly because she always wants to look "cool." Which I'd call stereotypically masculine.
    That's true, but what I was getting at is that Rainbow Dash is fine looking cool or looking pretty, where I've never met a tomboy who was comfy being pretty. Most tomboys feel out of sorts when 'forced' into a situation where they have to be girly. The same goes for other sets of people who identify by their externals. A gentleman who wears dapper clothing would feel equally out of sorts in a t-shirt and jeans, while a guy who typically dresses up but doesn't identify as a dapper gentleman wouldn't care.

This hinges on how one defines tomboy, by the bye. *shrug*
    To the degree that she shows? Miss "I hate losing?" The one who has to be the very best, and was less willing than Applejack to take their competitions as all in good fun? No, I'd definitely call that a stereotypically masculine trait.
    I give you as my evidence, any and every stereotypical cheerleader.

That seems to me more a product of general impatience, since Fluttershy was slowing them down. In any event, as you say, neutral.

Also, you forgot her general arrogance about her athletic prowess, tendency to show off, or tomboyish manner of speaking ("I'd never leave Ponyville hangin'."Somepony's gotta record my awesomeness for the history books.")
    Again, I bring up cheerleaders. Often considered the most vicious and competitive example of being female.

Competitive is not necessarily a masculine trait. Arrogance, smack talk, and informality are signs of comfort and upbringing, not male or female. I know plenty of feminine wimmens who talk informally when in a comfortable zone, such as hanging out with friends.

Uh, right, my observations were about her personality, not sexuality. I've not spared a moment wondering about any Pony's sexuality, and I can pretty much guarantee you I never will.

Zevox
    One, assumptions of orientation directly tie into gender and sex. One can't be a lesbian without first being female.

Two, I'm guessing I'm bumping up against your comfort zone with this bit of discussion, so I'll stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Consider this: if you're the NPC, who's the DM?

No, "PhoeKun" is not the right answer. Try again.

No, "Roland" isn't the right answer either.
    *whistles*

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    It's not some standard thread ponysanity, it's something I'm tinkering with at the moment, but it's mostly just random thoughts at the moment.

Also, I was hoping for a little more response than this and Inkwell's joke response.
    I'm sorry, mate. Im in a surreal, colors-and-sounds rather than coherent thought space right now. More emotion, less logic. So the point I'm getting at is I feel really bad but I'm not coherent about it.

Accept then a warbling blue cloud of sorrow over a dark purple background crowned by the rarity-with-a-tiara emoticon, and my assurance that I enjoyed it but haven't processed the story properly.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    Recursion alert! Reality bending in 3...

Oh wait, nothing happened. Carry on.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Recursion alert! Reality bending in 3...

Oh wait, nothing happened. Carry on.
    Oooh, Nothing! Nothing is my favorite! ... no wait. Everything is my favorite. Is nothing a subset of everything? I need to go read some metaphysics.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    @ Esper: Sorry, I've been gone all day. To which particular thing are you referring? The thing with Midnight and the Green Text was intriguing.
    That's the stuff, and thank you, intriguing is what I was sort of going for. Hee, yeah, you know, thinking about it, I think we all sort of burned ourselves out yesterday what with the constant posting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    What I said before still applies: More. Please.

Seriously, this is just the right blend of creepy and intriguing, and I'm dying to see where it goes. It's like a delicious creeptrigue milkshake.
    Mmm...creeptrigue flavored milkshake....

and yet, I am still unshippable. and again ignored. as it all should be.
    You know, every post you make in these threads is about how you're not shipped. I'm beginning to think that you're aiming for some reverse psychology, that you want that sort of attention. What do you think, Midsy?

I think I've got the chart right here! I'll be more than happy to fill something in for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    We are the keepers of the ancient ways; the ancient bronies, founders and architects of the greater fandom. Our position is one that demands respect.

Lesser bronies, we grant you the right to fan us and feed us grapes.
    Oh, phsst, I came in on thread *three*, I'm hardly that much newer than the rest of you. I demand to be fed grapes and fanned too!

So, you know, like a harem?

Well...I was thinking more 'servants', but, you know....

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    Well I'm certainly interested in seeing where this goes. Although I need to go back and find part #2. I think I missed it somewhere back there but I'm not sure (stupid beer...). Anyway, like I said before this brought me back to Moonlight Over Midnight's library scene and well, I really liked that scene. *goes back and reads over it halfway through typing this post* Dammit, brought tears to my eyes again...

Edit: Wait, I remember reading part 2 now.
    That's pretty much close to my favorite scene in that particular fic of mine, too.

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    COMBINE THEM. Sad Luna is Sad because Rainbow Dash is in love with Pinkie... who has rather Cupcakey designs on her. Can Luna and her new Brony friend, Ted, save Rainbow Dash from her fate?
    Welp, looks like we have our new 1000 vote 4.9 fic on our hands, here. Somepony write it down, quick!

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I'm sorry, mate. Im in a surreal, colors-and-sounds rather than coherent thought space right now. More emotion, less logic. So the point I'm getting at is I feel really bad but I'm not coherent about it.

Accept then a warbling blue cloud of sorrow over a dark purple background crowned by the rarity-with-a-tiara emoticon, and my assurance that I enjoyed it but haven't processed the story properly.
    I uhm...well...thank you? I'll put it up on my mantle, or, I would, if I had a mantle. The frog tank, maybe...?
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-08-04 at 11:14 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158

...Challenge accepted.
    Except that I don't have the time tonight. >.>
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

9. - Top - End - #159
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh, alright then. We'll all stay separate to obfuscate our numbers.

*Foreveralone.jpg*

Also, obfuscate is a funny word. Almost as funny as schadenfreude.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

10. - Top - End - #160

I Am So Confused!!!
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    I love my filly~

11. - Top - End - #161
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hint: don't say anything about not being shipped in front of the being that hold the Ship Note.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

12. - Top - End - #162

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Hint: don't say anything about not being shipped in front of the being that hold the Ship Note.
    Who has it now? I lost track
    >>
    <<
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    I love my filly~

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    I Am So Confused!!!
    Remember, it's bun down, patty, lettuce, cheese, onions, tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, pickles, and top bun in that order.

Wait, that wasn't a Spongebob reference, was it?
    Last edited by Vent Reynolt; 2011-08-04 at 11:26 PM.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

The tackle seems intentional. She then spends that whole time giggling at and playing with Twilight Sparkle. I personally find that scene to be the most feminine example of RD I've yet seen.
    Yeah, that's not how that scene comes off to me at all. The tackle doesn't strike mas intentional, and the laughing just seems to be at the general situation and Twilight's reaction to it.

Every man I've ever seen in this scenario has verbally or physically assaulted their friend who was (un?)knowingly usurping their spotlight. Granted, I've known fewer women in that scenario, but they generally turn inward rather than lashing out at an actual or perceived cause of friction.
    Strange, I'd never have expected a reaction like that. Of course Rainbow's problem wasn't someone usurping her spotlight (yes Rarity entered the competition, but well after Rainbow's fears of failure had become very strong), but her belief that she was going to fail and embarrass herself in front of a crowd.

That's true, but what I was getting at is that Rainbow Dash is fine looking cool or looking pretty, where I've never met a tomboy who was comfy being pretty. [...]

This hinges on how one defines tomboy, by the bye. *shrug*
    Very much so it seems. I don't tend to think of tomboys as being necessarily uncomfortable with feminine things - though some can be of course, and that's part of what lead me to refer Applejack as "the other tomboyish member of the group" earlier - but simply as displaying a generally more masculine attitude and preferences than a stereotypically feminine girl. Which Rainbow's focus on athletics, arrogance, desire to look "cool," and so on definitely fits.

I give you as my evidence, any and every stereotypical cheerleader.

Again, I bring up cheerleaders. Often considered the most vicious and competitive example of being female.
    We must be familiar with very different cheeleader stereotypes. "Competitive" is not a term I tend to associate with them.

One, assumptions of orientation directly tie into gender and sex. One can't be a lesbian without first being female.
    Well duh, but we're not debating whether Rainbow is female or not. And whether her personality fits better with stereotypes of femininity or masculinity is independent of her sexuality.

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2011-08-04 at 11:32 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

I ship shipping with comedy. They're such a cute couple, and they're happy together.

16. - Top - End - #166

Alright ponythread. I'm crashing for the night. Tomorrow, I'm hopping a plane to Denver, and I'll be gone until the 15th.

Wow. I'm going to miss three full threads of shipping and ponysanity. You know what? I'll catch up when I get back. I'll read all 4500 posts, and write a massive series of multi quotes in response.

Spoiler
    Show
    http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww168/GondorReficul/Rarity-IT-IS-ON.png

IT. IS ON.

Sidenote. Ponythread, you may be interested to see this.

Spoiler
    Show

I figured that would make somepony proud. Unless I'm mistaken, that was made for us by us.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Good night, ponythread. Good night, shippers. Good night, soul bro. Good night, crazy Midnight. Good night, Fake Raz. Good night, sane bronies. Good night - good night - good night.

Wait a second, I'm crazy? Crazy enough to be mentioned twice?
    Yes.

A thousand times yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    *Epic Brohoof*
    And then everything exploded.

We are the keepers of the ancient ways; the ancient bronies, founders and architects of the greater fandom. Our position is one that demands respect.

Lesser bronies, we grant you the right to fan us and feed us grapes.
    Faster, brony slaves, faster!

(Also, I just want you to know that everything you said in this post made me laugh hysterically.)

This, particularly when taken in the context of the following quote is downright creepy.

How much of what I do is my choice, and how much is subconsciously imparted by my sympathetic link to Raz Fox?
    Who's Raz Fox? I don't know that bloke. But to answer your question, I might be Koishi Komeiji, in which case you might feel some side effects, like feeling the urge to roam about the countryside and shoot mikos with suggestively-shaped heart bullets.

Alternatively, if you get arrested for something, tell them it's because of your psychic link with a Texan you met on the internet who likes ponies. I'm pretty sure judges accept that excuse these days.

Well I'll have you know that my next story is going to be Braeburn being caught up in a heroic crossover quest through a desert environment! And I'm 600 words in!
    Beat you to it. I'm already 700 words in!

Mask: "I have absolutely no problem with Talespinner shipping with Lix. In related, I have this gift wrap made of superglue, splinters and sandpaper prepared."
    "Oh, how sweet of you, Mask! Here, I made some gift wrap for you, too! It's made of the finest green silk, and there's some extra stuffing for your big mouth. Hold still a moment..."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

18. - Top - End - #168

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Remember, it's bun down, patty, lettuce, cheese, onions, tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, pickles, and top bun in that order.

Wait, that wasn't a Spongebob reference, was it?
    wait... you have your cheese on top of your lettuce instead of directly on the patty? Blasphemous!!!
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

19. - Top - End - #169
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Who has it now? I lost track
    >>
    <<
    Midnight does.
    And that's reason 103278 you should be frightened in this place.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

20. - Top - End - #170

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    wait... you have your cheese on top of your lettuce instead of directly on the patty? Blasphemous!!!
    Well, I got the recipe from the master Krabby Patty maker himself.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Sidenote. Ponythread, you may be interested to see this.

Spoiler
    Show

I figured that would make somepony proud. Unless I'm mistaken, that was made for us by us.
    Considering I made that image in a meme generator.

Last edited by Grif; 2011-08-04 at 11:56 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    I'm just going by what I've heard; as I said before, I assumed that all six of the main cast were female from the start.

[Edit]
    Scootaloo did confuse me at first. I still need to double-check myself to make sure the gender of my pronouns is correct when I refer to her.

And I liked the Cutie Mark Crusaders in Stare Master.
    I went back and watched Show Stoppers again today to see if my attitude towards it's changed at all.

Apparently it has not.

I've determined it isn't the CMC that bug me, it's the fact that that episode does that thing too many kids shows do these days where they making something painfully obvious then keep hitting you over the head with it for half the episode. (In this case, what the special talent of each of the CMC members are) I swear the episode would be better if they cut out the part where Applebloom comments on Scootaloo's scooter skills (Wow, that's fun to say...) and going on about Sweetie Belle's singing. We just saw Scootaloo scooting ourselves, we don't need it pointed out that she's good at it, and commenting on Sweetie Belle's voice just seems kind of forced. The same thing applies to the part where Applebloom suggests that they all do what they'd actually be good at for the talent show then everyone promptly declares they want to do something else. I'd like to think that if those parts were fixed to make it so they don't sit there and tell you exactly what the CMC special talents were it would be much better.

That and Twilight needs to stop calling them her little ponies. They are not yours Twilight, you cannot have them, stop claiming they are yours.

Yeah, apparently I have no complaints about the CMC outside of that one episode. Their antics can be somewhat amusing and they make for good plot devices.

Yaaay! It's a Kyouhen!
    How are ya mate?
    Not too bad! Work's been busy, but I've got a few days before they need me again. Then I can miss another entire pony thread and it's hilarity.
    ...I need to get a smart phone...

Ya know, blue being a boy color is recent. Pink used to be a boy color because it was a shade of red.
    I was actually aware of this. I think I remember hearing somewhere that blue is actually a horrible colour for baby boys. Something about it having negative effects on their emotional state. Can't remember exactly what it was, but it's the same basic thing as how colours can make you feel certain ways. Just that the way it makes baby boys feel is a bad thing. Or maybe it's that pink was a good thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Right!

Right!

Don't say I didn't warn you!

Eat cavity-exploding cuteness, ponythread!

Mwahahahahahaha!

Spoiler
    Show

*retreats to meditation chamber to avoid cutenitude fallout*
    Your first mistake was warning us about this. That gave me ample time to get to my insulin, negating most of the pain of your attack.

Mannn, now I need to go through the trouble of not paying legal fines again. Botheration!

The theme for this week's Writer's Training Ground is "Write a cliche story". The examples they have are:

1) RD loses her wings, permanent or otherwise.
    2) Twilight casts a spell, it goes wrong.
    3) Sad Luna is sad.
    (Not bashing any of the ideas, cliches are not inherently bad)

Any other that the thread can think of? Apart from "Characters meet, instantly fall in love", I'm stumped. Probably because I don't read a lot of fanfics, and the ones I do read are carefully chosen.
    How about something Bad happens to Pinkie? Something Bad always seems to happen to Pinkie. Poor Pinkie. And yes, that's 'Bad' with a capital 'B'.

Oh god, it's submitted! Please stop staring at me!
    Oh, it was? Guess that's what I get for not catching up with 2 days worth of pony antics.

It's not some standard thread ponysanity, it's something I'm tinkering with at the moment, but it's mostly just random thoughts at the moment.

Also, I was hoping for a little more response than this and Inkwell's joke response.
    I'd respond to it except I have no idea what's going on. I figured it was carried over from an RP or something from the previous thread and have yet to figure out just what's happening. But don't let that stop you from writing more.

On the seventh hoof, where did I get so many hooves?
    A pony with an eyepatch, a pirate hat, and three stubs for legs wheels himself into the room. He approaches Titanium Fox and promptly rips the extra hooves from his grasp. Mumbling angrily he reattaches the peg-hooves to his stubs, then walks out of the room.

Yeesh, you keep throwing around that "bigger-than-gods" thing, don'tcha? Some all-powerful entities don't flex their magical muscles whenever something even moderately inconvenient comes along, you know. Some actually do something challenging with their lives, choose to understand what's best in life and manipulate events with subtlety rather than shooting unlimited cosmic power at every problem!

Not that I'm implying anything, I'm just a humble blank flank.

"Oh Great and Powerful Lixie, Lord of the Ship, hear my prayers! Do not listen to this heretic who seeks to question your ways! Continue to personally intervene in all matters, as your infinite wisdom has lead you to! Do not use us mortals as pawns in some divine game, for your way is clearly superior and have you ever tried to get mortals to do anything? Just ask the other gods, it's hard. Lots of pain and suffering has to be inflicted on them to get them to do anything you ask and obviously your way is much better!"

*Puts a box insides a box and mails it to the Captain*

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post

That and Twilight needs to stop calling them her little ponies. They are not yours Twilight, you cannot have them, stop claiming they are yours.
    (Seriously tempted to claim them for myself humorously, but it'd be creepy on multiple levels.)

24. - Top - End - #174
    Colossus in the Playground

Winter's wrapping up.

It's a hard moment to pinpoint in Australia, with the complete lack of snow. The wattle blooming is the first sign. Swathes of previously unremarkable green hedge explodes with powder-yellow. And this plant is omnipresent; regular, boring drives become strolls down avenues of yellow-green. There's a reason why the colours green and gold are associated with Australia, and if you've ever walked in Canberra during the wattle season you'll know why.

The air feels different too. The wind, rather than freezing, warms. It feels thick and fluffy, like being buffeted with clouds, and moreover it feels alive. I don't have a sense of smell, at all (I traded it for an extra dot of Occult), but I can taste the difference. There's a tiny bit of spice in the air, some of that yellow pollen caught on the breeze. The sun is smiling, and it feels like she's smiling right at us.

Everything is dead. The grass, for miles around, is a crisp, dead yellow. All the trees and branches are skeletal; looking at these alone would tell you nothing about the coming spring. There's a beauty in this desolation; my absolute favourite time of year are those freezing, winter mornings, when the sky is flawless blue, the sun sheds a pale light that warms one to one's core, and the frost and dew that covers the grass and the trees glints like a thousand shards of glass. When the world is so cold, so desolate, and yet shining like a diamond.

But an ancient plant of unknown origin outside my front gate has a tiny smatter of small, pink flowers now, and the dew and frost have started to fade in those mornings. We're stepping away from that perfect diamond into days that will be filled with sun and rain, warm and smothering. The entire world is about to explode with growth; all that brown and gold is going to turn green. The cockatoos screech their hideous morning symphony in the trees, and the magpies are getting ready to claw the eyes of anyone unlucky enough to walk underneath their chosen trees.

The entire world is waking up.

It's time to wrap up winter.

'cause tomorrow spring is here.

Good night, ponythread. Good night, shippers. Good night, soul bro. Good night, crazy Midnight. Good night, Fake Raz. Good night, sane bronies. Good night - good night - good night.
    No love for those of us who are enduring a sunny afternoon, then?

Oh, phsst, I came in on thread *three*, I'm hardly that much newer than the rest of you. I demand to be fed grapes and fanned too!

So, you know, like a harem?

Well...I was thinking more 'servants', but, you know....
    Huh, I thought it was later than that! Well, you have authority over any brony lesser than yourself.

Who's Raz Fox? I don't know that bloke. But to answer your question, I might be Koishi Komeiji, in which case you might feel some side effects, like feeling the urge to roam about the countryside and shoot mikos with suggestively-shaped heart bullets.

Alternatively, if you get arrested for something, tell them it's because of your psychic link with a Texan you met on the internet who likes ponies. I'm pretty sure judges accept that excuse these days.
    "Yes, your honour, I did steal a train, drive it through the front doors of parliament house, set the building on fire and take a photo and caption that photo "This thread is a trainwreck". But I thought an American internet guy might find it funny."

"Release this man at once!"

Beat you to it. I'm already 700 words in!
    The game is on, then, sir! Whom can rip off whom the faster? It's a gentleman's challenge!

"Oh, how sweet of you, Mask! Here, I made some gift wrap for you, too! It's made of the finest green silk, and there's some extra stuffing for your big mouth. Hold still a moment..."
    *The scene of two ponies trying to tie each other up is oft a complex one. Such contests tend to become brawls, indiscriminate balls of rope and duct tape, hooves and tails. It swiftly becomes impossible to determine where one pony ends and the other begins; who is bondaging who. To look at a rope war is to look into non-eludican network of chains, sticky tape and pony.

Worse, these things tend to have a habit of spreading. Anypony who gets too close or, worse, offers assistance tend to accidentally touch some free-floating drop of tree sap and, in their efforts to free themselves rapidly becomes part of the greater tangle. It is not unknown for entire towns to be caught up in a giant ball of rope and ball gags and start rolling across the countryside, sweeping up entire cities in their path*
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-08-05 at 12:09 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

The Secret Origins of Fluttershy:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

I went back and watched Show Stoppers again today to see if my attitude towards it's changed at all.

Apparently it has not.

I've determined it isn't the CMC that bug me, it's the fact that that episode does that thing too many kids shows do these days where they making something painfully obvious then keep hitting you over the head with it for half the episode. (In this case, what the special talent of each of the CMC members are) I swear the episode would be better if they cut out the part where Applebloom comments on Scootaloo's scooter skills (Wow, that's fun to say...) and going on about Sweetie Belle's singing. We just saw Scootaloo scooting ourselves, we don't need it pointed out that she's good at it, and commenting on Sweetie Belle's voice just seems kind of forced. The same thing applies to the part where Applebloom suggests that they all do what they'd actually be good at for the talent show then everyone promptly declares they want to do something else. I'd like to think that if those parts were fixed to make it so they don't sit there and tell you exactly what the CMC special talents were it would be much better.
    How absurdly and painfully obvious it all is--how the CMC never learn anything ever--is the joke, though. There isn't much left if you take that away.

"One day... one day."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    The Secret Origins of Fluttershy:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

How absurdly and painfully obvious it all is--how the CMC never learn anything ever--is the joke, though. There isn't much left if you take that away.

"One day... one day."
    D'awwww Angel Bunny is cute for the first time ever.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Following up on something that was briefly discussed in the previous thread:
    Story synopsis of a fanfic that I'll probably never get around to writing, number... what number am I up to now?

Spoiler
    Show
    By day he is Blues Mayne, billionaire playcolt, entrepreneur, and one of Equestria's most elligible bachelors. But once the sun goes down he becomes Night Hunter, masked defender of innocent ponies and deliverer of vigilante justice to the streets of Coltham City.

Blues was not expecting the need for Night Hunter to have to make an appearance when he attended this year's Grand Galloping Gala in Canterlot; but all that changed when the Gala was disrupted by an attack from a new, evil villainess dubbed "Flutterrage" and her horde of enraged animal minions.

Tracking this mysterious filly to the quiet rural town of Ponyville, Blues Mayne/Night Hunter discovers that numerous animal attacks have taken place on the Ponyville populace - could this be the work of Flutterrage leading up to her assault on the Grand Galloping Gala? Can Night Hunter stop her before her next diabolical plan comes to fruition? Will Blues Mayne be able to fend off the amorous advances of the stunning Ponyville boutique owner and fashionista, Rarity? Or has Flutterrage already committed her most daring crime - stealing the heart of our intrepid hero? Find out in the next exciting installment of Night Hunter: Vigilante Pony!
    Last edited by Dexam; 2011-08-05 at 12:35 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    How about Lichxie?
    But then it's not a Richie Rich joke.

Drat. I can't remember what you said worked pretty well for you.*
    Asking to not be shipped.

Depends; how do you feel about assassination? You're not at all, why would you be?
    Who, when, where and how much are you offering?

I agree. And for those confused; I'm related to southerners. So for me, picking out gender in the voice is akin to how people in brittain can determine regional accents, when Scottish, English and Irish all sound like brittish accents to most Americans. It's a matter of familiarity.
    I'm an American and I can easily tell the difference, not only between those three, but to some degree the different English accents, even if not the place they're from.

I need you to kill someone's girlfriend. :33
    Who's girlfriend, where, when and how much are you offering?

On the seventh hoof, where did I get so many hooves?
    Pony Centipede.

"Yes, your honour, I did steal a train, drive it through the front doors of parliament house, set the building on fire and take a photo and caption that photo "This thread is a trainwreck". But I thought an American internet guy might find it funny."

"Release this man at once!"
    Wouldn't that make you a folk hero in Australia?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh, it was? Guess that's what I get for not catching up with 2 days worth of pony antics.
    No stress, I sent the email right before I read that post

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Wouldn't that make you a folk hero in Australia?
    Our folk heroes suck. We got a guy who wore a mask and got caught anyway and two guys who went for a walk and didn't make it. And really, that's pretty much it.

Oh, and we got the guy who shot down the Red Baron with a rifle, on foot. He was pretty cool.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

No stress, I sent the email right before I read that post

Our folk heroes suck. We got a guy who wore a mask and got caught anyway and two guys who went for a walk and didn't make it. And really, that's pretty much it.

Oh, and we got the guy who shot down the Red Baron with a rifle, on foot. He was pretty cool.
    And let's not forget Sir Thadeus d'Foster, who paid off the dictionary people to add his name as a synonym for beer.