New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXXVIII: This Show Blew My Boogeyman

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    Is Bronto a pun or a reference? I don't get it.
    From the way it's used in the comic, I'm assuming it's the Butler Bouncer's name.

It's also a gift to Dominikudigan, as he'll come across as Thor.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXXVIII: This Show Blew My Boogeyman

The way it's used and how it's different from all the other fantasy names makes it sound like one of Mookie's utterly hilarious references. Like A Capello (urgh.)

3. - Top - End - #123

GnomeWizardGuy

It's not that different to stuff like Erossus and the Elemecca, or naming the ice orc "Stonewater". He's effectively named the big dude "Thunder".

Edit: Well, maybe not as cringe-worthy as Erossus and the Elemecca.
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2011-08-11 at 09:05 AM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

Look at that, look at that. The swords changes within three panels. It literally transitions from katana to rapier. God, dayum.

Mrs. The Masters looks utterly heartbroken in the second panel, too. Szark and Dominic have destroyed a family.

5. - Top - End - #125

Looks like I cross off a square.

Spoiler
    Show
    Top left: A problem is solved off-screen with no explanation given.
    Top center: Mookie takes one of his own metaphors too literally.
    Top right: Chance and Heliner have to work together.
    Center left: The King has a plan that’s at least as stupid as Celesto’s.
    Center: Spark does something vaguely useful.
    Center right: Lobster Dom shows up again.
    Bottom left: Mookie creates a Voodoo Shark when trying to patch up a plot hole.
    Bottom center: Dominic has to use a sword for some reason.
    Bottom right: A strip brings up a problem that was just pointed out in one of the forums.

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    It's not that different to stuff like Erossus and the Elemecca, or naming the ice orc "Stonewater". He's effectively named the big dude "Thunder".

Edit: Well, maybe not as cringe-worthy as Erossus and the Elemecca.
    With Mookie's track record, he was trying to name the big dude "Dinosaur".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizor View Post
    If I go crazier and end up writing fantasy, my magic will not be called the Power or the Talent or the Gift.

It will be called by ancient Elvish words that translate as Oh Dammit.
    Great Szark avatar by Toast1862.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's not that different to stuff like Erossus and the Elemecca, or naming the ice orc "Stonewater".
    What was wrong with the Elemecca? A reference I didn't get or something?
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

8. - Top - End - #128

Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    Look at that, look at that. The swords changes within three panels. It literally transitions from katana to rapier. God, dayum.

Mrs. The Masters looks utterly heartbroken in the second panel, too. Szark and Dominic have destroyed a family.
    I'm 90% sure that the rapier is Chance's sword, and the last panel is the only panel it shows up in. All the other's are Szark's, and are relatively consistent as far as Mookie-art goes.

Anyway, I do like this page. If it turns out that Celesto has been disguising himself as the Butler a la Jacob disguised as the innkeeper I'll be relatively happy. Especially since that means it was Celesto throwing Dom around like a rag doll.
    Last edited by Seerow; 2011-08-11 at 10:37 AM.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    What was wrong with the Elemecca? A reference I didn't get or something?
    Element + Mecca = Elemecca.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mwchase View Post
    I'm calling it now. We're going to get a Brontosaurus(Bronto's sore at us?) pun, probably uttered by Szark. The news post for the day will be Mookie talking about how the brontosaurus was his favorite dinosaur.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

This isn't that bad, as far as I'm concerned. Finally getting some movement in the plot.
    Insert witty phrase here.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmyst View Post
    Because DD writing has dropped to the level where any alteration from the original content is an improvement.
    Let's put that to the test...

Spoiler
    Show

Ah, the old memes...those were the days.

By the way, this is the strip that inspired it originally. Looking at it again, I wondered if two wrongs could make a right:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133

I just understood why Bronto the Battle Butler always keeps his eyes closed: he doesn't want to look at the monsters that surround him. Look at him in profile: no snoutface, but something that nearly looks like a nose. He's a throwback, a Dominion Ape much closer to the humanoid shape they supposedly once had.

From this we can deduce that the floundermouth (FM) appeared earlier than the non-Euclidean snout (NES). The NES is probably the ultimate result of FM, after countless generations of inbreeding.

Suffice to say, Bronto isn't exempt from other deformities. The position of his thumbs, for example, is quite unsettling. But he's still the closest thing in shape to an actual human being that the Dominion can show. Therefore, he is intensely disgusted by the misshapen aberrations with which he needs to interact, lacking any other form of company. Hence, the closed eyes and the scowl.

Food for Domiologists' thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

14. - Top - End - #134

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mwchase View Post
    But then he would be nicknamed Dino! And that's terrible.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land Where 99 Men Weep and One Man Laughs

Here's a side by side comparison:

Spoiler
    Show

There is no contest.
    "Chiswick! Fresh horses!"

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

Johann Kraus avatar courtesy of Beleth.

16. - Top - End - #136

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    By the way, this is the strip that inspired it originally. Looking at it again, I wondered if two wrongs could make a right:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Ten minutes to midnight, and no one's posted Sneaky Gate? (Future Link.) Man, that's damning.

So . . . not like we've missed much, though. I guess Chance Masters just skewered Bronto the Megabutlersaurus? I honestly missed that the first time around. Oh! And Dominic's had enough! What's it gonna be, folks? Lobster 2.0? SEE THE TRUTH? Summoning some goddamn clothes? Stay tuned for the thrilling conclusion to this masterful cliffhanger!
    Last edited by Zaq; 2011-08-12 at 02:18 AM.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

18. - Top - End - #138

GnomeWizardGuy

Haven't we all, Dominic. Haven't we all.

I guess this means Dom and Szark will be up for manslaughter at the end of this arcpngshahaha yeah right.

Dominikudigan:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Gee, I guess restraining young Masters doesn't sound like a bad plan now.

Also, did Celesto just use the ninja "replacement technique"?

Edit: I fear that my prediction for a trial arc seems closer to reality now.
    Last edited by random11; 2011-08-12 at 02:04 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

I do like Celesto's face in panel 1. I'd love to see it show up in a slay or two. See? Mookie can do different kinds of smug!

Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.

21. - Top - End - #141

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow
    I'm 90% sure that the rapier is Chance's sword, and the last panel is the only panel it shows up in. All the other's are Szark's, and are relatively consistent as far as Mookie-art goes.
    I need glasses :I

So who predicted that Szark who have a ten year old boy murder a man through sheer, unrelenting, incompetence? Also Dominic has apparently decided that it's time to get dangerous, just as Celesto leaves. The equivalent of getting your ass kicked then talking about how you could have totally taken that guy if you didn't mess up your back at the gym.

22. - Top - End - #142

Yea, I don't really know what to say about this page, I'm just so underwhelmed by it. Oooh! Dommie is angry now. What ass pull does Mookie have planned this time? More DBZ blasts? Some inane ability that was never established and will promptly be forgotten after this? Can't Mookie use some intelligence to resolve a situation?

And Chance killed Bronto? Highly unlikely, but if he did, will he get punished for it? Go to jail? Of course not, good guys don't go to jail, and Mookie will avoid doing a potentially interesting plot point to make sure everything is all kittens and rainbows in the end. He'll just say Chance was under influence and he will be absolved of everything or something. *sigh* I'm sick of all this undrama, I want to see more wacky stuff, coz at least those are entertaining.
    Last edited by Humbug; 2011-08-12 at 02:12 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
    Yea, I don't really know what to say about this page, I'm just so underwhelmed by it. Oooh! Dommie is angry now. What ass pull does Mookie have planned this time? More DBZ blasts? Some inane ability that was never established and will promptly be forgotten after this? Can't Mookie use some intelligence to resolve a situation?

And Chance killed Bronto? Highly unlikely, but if he did, will he get punished for it? Go to jail? Of course not, good guys don't go to jail, and Mookie will avoid doing a potentially interesting plot point to make sure everything is all kittens and rainbows in the end. He'll just say Chance was under influence and he will be absolved of everything or something. *sigh* I'm sick of all this undrama, I want to see more wacky stuff, coz at least those are entertaining.
    You know, I wish I could say "now now, let Mookie make the mistakes before you chastise him for them," but I'd be a hypocrite, since I'm thinking the exact same thing.

24. - Top - End - #144

GnomeWizardGuy

Oh and look, new official chapter titles!
    • Symphony of Destruction
    • Face-to-Facebath
    • Revelation
    • The Search for Celesto
      • Crystal Bubbles
      • A Chance to Change

We need to update the one panel summaries.
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2011-08-12 at 02:30 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    ... Oh! And Dominic's had enough! What's it gonna be, folks? Lobster 2.0? SEE THE TRUTH? Summoning some goddamn clothes? Stay tuned for the thrilling conclusion to this masterful cliffhanger!
    10 Zorkmids says it's going to be beam spam!
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

Finished yet? No? Right, carry on then. See you all at the end of the arc, I am officialy done with this.

27. - Top - End - #147

Bronto's gonna get a wicked nose piercing. He will be so metal he will be the new star in Greg's band.
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

What? I havn't read the comic in half a year, and they are still fighting that tentacle thing? Did anything happen at all?
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

29. - Top - End - #149

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    What? I havn't read the comic in half a year, and they are still fighting that tentacle thing?
    Half a year ago Dominic was fighting the Beast by summoning giant lobsters.

Currently Dominic is fighting Celesto pretending to be the Beast by pretending to summon giant lobsters.

Completely different!

Did anything happen at all?
    Not really.
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2011-08-12 at 05:46 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    So, is Chance talking to the butler or still in Mindscape mode and nearly killed his family's loyal servant?
    Corrected it for me. Well, it's unexpected, let#s see where this is going. And welcome back both Yora and Friday cliff hanger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin