New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

[Sora's House]

Valeria frowns. "Well, if you're sure... Maybe we should go back to the cafe."

[SWORD HQ]

The Medium hands out the metallic case. Inside, there's an odd orb of sorts, glowing with ethereal light, as well as a folder of diagrams and blueprints seemingly related to the odd object. Then, he pulls out a digital recorder, and pushes play.

"Greetings, Agent 06. For your efforts and results, I have decided to present you a gift." It was quite obviously Agent 00. "This object was stolen from the Shinigami during the diversionary mission. I will spare you the details of the mission itself, but this object was in development to create preprogrammed items from ambient reishi. I believe this may be able to revolutionize your Dynamo Power Suit designs, to be able to expand its use to other Agents. I have my utmost faith in your ability."

The recording ends, the Medium standing there staring all the while. Josiah could almost swear the man hadn't blinked the entire time. As he puts the recorder away, he gives a look implying to Josiah to ask if he needed anything else.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ogre in the Playground

Kazari

It is easier to look down on humans. But being short, Kazari knows the feeling of looking up.
    But today she is human, and even a rude child teacher is ok in good spirits.
    "I'll forgive you this time!" She agrees contently.

Sayaka

Venti Buon of course has an interesting atmosphere. It has child teachers, a Ren with monster energy, a group of students, and some trouble certainly.

She still looks troubled. But probably Sayaka is always troubled when not to have mask of cool composure expression.
    "I don't think I can agree to help like that." She said.
    "I already promised to stop warding the school. The Principal said she would protect it. And I will not go hunt supernatural creatures. It won't change anything except make us monsters too. That goes against everything I believe."

She hesitates and looks down.
    "And I don't know how long I will be here."
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

3. - Top - End - #843
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    [Venti Buon, Last Night]

Donovan scratches his head.

"This bishop was probably a templar of some sort, a warrior-priest, his questions were aimed at finding hints of delinquent mediums and hollow victims."

"And yes, everything is fairly connected. The strange feeling in the air that you mention is that of lingering threat from a few days ago, when there was an incident that involved two of the most powerful beings in the spiritual world as well as the two most powerful beings in the spiritual world."

Donovan pulls a cup of cooffe for himself.

"I am not exactly sure what is happening and I have learned not to bother a long, long time ago."

"But if you are that interested, I've rented one of them rooms upstairs to a guest who can probably give you better answers."

Oscar snores on his table.
    Rosa seems to think about it for a bit, looking off past Donovan's shoulder into nothing. To her, the reasons seemed logical, if a bit odd and unexpected. After a while, she simply nodded her head once and looked at Donovan again, seemingly snapping her attention back to him. "If it wouldn't be too much of an inconvenience, I would like to talk to this guest. I would rather know, so I may not make a mistake should I get caught up in such circumstances."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [SWORD HQ]

The Medium hands out the metallic case. Inside, there's an odd orb of sorts, glowing with ethereal light, as well as a folder of diagrams and blueprints seemingly related to the odd object. Then, he pulls out a digital recorder, and pushes play.

"Greetings, Agent 06. For your efforts and results, I have decided to present you a gift." It was quite obviously Agent 00. "This object was stolen from the Shinigami during the diversionary mission. I will spare you the details of the mission itself, but this object was in development to create preprogrammed items from ambient reishi. I believe this may be able to revolutionize your Dynamo Power Suit designs, to be able to expand its use to other Agents. I have my utmost faith in your ability."

The recording ends, the Medium standing there staring all the while. Josiah could almost swear the man hadn't blinked the entire time. As he puts the recorder away, he gives a look implying to Josiah to ask if he needed anything else.
    [SWORD HQ]

Josiah's eyes widen a bit, a grin creeps onto his face, and for some reason, the lights in the room flicker, as if lightning was flashing behind him.

"Really now? I am truly flattered. Yes, yes, the device and the plans, excellent."

He gently closes and takes the case containing the wonderful device, grinning the whole time.

"Please make sure Agent 00 understands that I belive I can find ways to adopt this technology for a great number of projects. Pass on my thanks for both the resources, and the implicit trust that goes with them. That should be everything for now, good sir."

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip;12048481[b
    Sayaka[/b]

Venti Buon of course has an interesting atmosphere. It has child teachers, a Ren with monster energy, a group of students, and some trouble certainly.

She still looks troubled. But probably Sayaka is always troubled when not to have mask of cool composure expression.
    "I don't think I can agree to help like that." She said.
    "I already promised to stop warding the school. The Principal said she would protect it. And I will not go hunt supernatural creatures. It won't change anything except make us monsters too. That goes against everything I believe."

She hesitates and looks down.
    "And I don't know how long I will be here."
    Kaito frowns at Sayaka's words.

"I'm not really talking about training in the school or anything. I don't want the Principal leaning over our shoulders. But, Sayaka...I already said myself that I do not want to actively hunt Hollows. It seems like a waste of my time. I just want to keep myself and my family safe, and I don't think tossing my powers away will accomplish that. So instead, I have to get better at using them.

Isn't self-defense okay in your beliefs? I'm talking about keeping myself safe, my family safe, my friends safe, and my comrades safe. Not by going out and looking for trouble, no. But if trouble comes to me, I intend to meet it head on at ramming speed.

I can't make anyone else go that far, or restrict themselves like that. I'm just making my stance clear from the get-go.
    "

His frown shifted to concern as he processed her very last statement.

"What makes you think you won't be "here", however you mean that?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

5. - Top - End - #845
    Orc in the Playground

[Sora's House]

Valeria frowns. "Well, if you're sure... Maybe we should go back to the cafe."
    "Oh, there you guys are."

Rebornaga leaped down from a tree, still in that cute little suit.

"I'm not going to interrupt anything, I just dropped by to give you guys this."

He dangled a pair of small keychains before them.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka

Sayaka looked at Kaito.

"What is self defense? How do you defend yourself? With violence? Will you kill more hollows? Maybe with your ability you can do such a thing."

"Maybe you don't understand." Kazari said helpfully while eating. "Shrine Maidens use power from the supernatural and themselves. But to channel that, they must be purified, to act like divine tool. for a shrine maiden, to use purified tools like talisman is their specialty. But their ability comes...because they are purified tools."
    Kazari smiles.
    "Of course if a tool is not purified, then it cannot harm or use supernatural power. A tool that commits sin is not pure. To kill is a sin. Maybe it becomes easier for you to understand."

Sayaka looks at Kazari with unreadable look. Kazari shrugs and eats ice cream contently. Tsukumogami are also tools, but don't have to obey such laws. Because they aren't human. Most of the time.

Sayaka looked around the table and then took a deep breath.
    "My father is going to send me to a private academy in Izumo. I don't know how long it will be until I leave." She looked down, looking very tired.
    "Yesterday was a very bad day."
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

7. - Top - End - #847
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Venti Buon]

Nakahiro remains quiet for some time, listening to the conversation. When he chooses to speak, he addresses Sayaka first.

"I'm sorry to hear that you're going. I know that you're the most experienced with these matters, so I'll defer to your wisdom, here. I don't think anyone is suggesting that we form a posse, however. Hollows are attracted to people with strong spiritual energies; if we can protect our friends and our families, we should hold on to the ability to do so. I like Kaito's suggestion of working together."

He turns to Kaito.

"I didn't come about my personal plans for my future. I came because it seemed important, and I have some important information to share with everyone. That can wait, though."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll help whoever wants help dealing with hollows. I don't expect any help in return." Ken took one key off the ring and passed it on to the person nearest to him.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ettin in the Playground

Venti Buon - Past

Donovan sets down his cup and waves Rosa towards the staircase.

---

Hollows

Helena and Oscar make a turn, and finally Sora and Valeria are in the view of the trio.

And Hasunaga too.

They are watching from a few yards away.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi thinks for a few seconds. Then speaks up. "As far as things go for me...

I won't seek out Hollows deliberately. But... if something happens, if they attack people, and it's brought to my attention, it'd be a waste of this power if I just stood by and did nothing. I don't think I could do that, anyway."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #851

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Oh, there you guys are."

Rebornaga leaped down from a tree, still in that cute little suit.

"I'm not going to interrupt anything, I just dropped by to give you guys this."

He dangled a pair of small keychains before them.
    Sora grabs the keys, then does a doubletake. "Why are you so small?"
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Orc in the Playground

"You'll understand if you check the place out. I hadn't used it in 20 years and I put forward one freaking hell of a spring cleaning in one hour so you guys could use it as soon as you needed it.

Not that anyone has thanked me for it yet."

Rebornaga puts on a cuuuuuuuuuuute little face, just to creep the hell outta Sora.

"Sides, I thought I was cute in this form anyway. It was either this and eating a truckload of food, or walking around just a little bit older while eating a truckload of food. I chose the option that seemed least disgusting. And people don't usually look down, so it's pretty inconspicuous even if I fly around."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

13. - Top - End - #853
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria looks at "Rebornaga", dumbfounded.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #854
    Orc in the Playground

"Is there something on my face, Valeria-san?"

There was something bothering him, which became obvious by the way his brows furrowed. It seems like it was much harder to hide his emotions when he looked like an infant.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #855
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto - At Venti Buon

Kina looks up from her food. She puts her cheese bun down and lets her arm rest on the table. For the first time, her Quincy pendant is obviously visible at her wrist. Absentmindedly she adjusts her glasses.

"Um, what do you all know? About, um, Hollows."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

16. - Top - End - #856
    Orc in the Playground

Venti Buon - Past

Donovan sets down his cup and waves Rosa towards the staircase.
    [Venti Buon - Past]

Rosa stands up, nodding her head towards Donovan. "Thank you." She then looks up the stairs and walks towards them. Soon, she gently walks up the stairs, careful not to disturb anyone that might be sleeping.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ettin in the Playground

Venti Buon

The Venti Buon has six rooms upstairs, four common rooms for rent, one special room, and Donovan's own.

Currently, only the special room has anyone inside, apparently, with a partially open door and lights on, this is Rosa's goal.

Inside is a woman with pale silver hair and yellowed (but certainly not golden) eyes. The room is rather spacious and regal, and completely at odds with the entire rest of the relatively simple Venti Buon, like a palace's bedroom inside a middle class house.

And Helena does not miss Rosa's arrival, she is sitting cross-legged at the bed, looking at her with those piercing eyes.

"You are Donovan's waitress, are you not? As I recall he does not offer room service of any kind, so I must ask, what brings you here?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #858
    Orc in the Playground

"Is there something on my face, Valeria-san?"

There was something bothering him, which became obvious by the way his brows furrowed. It seems like it was much harder to hide his emotions when he looked like an infant.
    Valeria blinks. Is this really Hasunaga-sensei?

"...More like something's missing... Like a few years..."

If she could manifest a giant sweat drop, she would. But it's not like this is some anime.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #859
    Orc in the Playground

Venti Buon

The Venti Buon has six rooms upstairs, four common rooms for rent, one special room, and Donovan's own.

Currently, only the special room has anyone inside, apparently, with a partially open door and lights on, this is Rosa's goal.

Inside is a woman with pale silver hair and yellowed (but certainly not golden) eyes. The room is rather spacious and regal, and completely at odds with the entire rest of the relatively simple Venti Buon, like a palace's bedroom inside a middle class house.

And Helena does not miss Rosa's arrival, she is sitting cross-legged at the bed, looking at her with those piercing eyes.

"You are Donovan's waitress, are you not? As I recall he does not offer room service of any kind, so I must ask, what brings you here?"
    Rosa does not miss a beat, instantly smiling and bowing towards the woman lowly. "Yes, I am Donovan-sama's waitress. It is true that we do not currently offer room service." At that point she stands up, still smiling. "I heard from Donovan-sama that you could answer some questions about the Spirit World and ours. I was wondering if I could ask you about this relationship, Madam."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ettin in the Playground

The Past

Not now, not a hundred years ago. Not in the foreseeable future. Donovan offers room, nothing more.

Helena smiled and waved Rosa into the room.

"The relationships between all our worlds, you mean? That of shinigami, that of humans and that of hollows?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #861
    Orc in the Playground

[Venti Buon - Past]

Rosa steps into the room at Helena's beckoning. At the mention of the three worlds, she nods her head once. "Yes, I do mean that. My mistake, I apologize. I would like to know as much as I can so that I can be prepared. Perhaps I could even understand myself a little bit better through this knowledge."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #862

"You'll understand if you check the place out. I hadn't used it in 20 years and I put forward one freaking hell of a spring cleaning in one hour so you guys could use it as soon as you needed it.

Not that anyone has thanked me for it yet."

Rebornaga puts on a cuuuuuuuuuuute little face, just to creep the hell outta Sora.

"Sides, I thought I was cute in this form anyway. It was either this and eating a truckload of food, or walking around just a little bit older while eating a truckload of food. I chose the option that seemed least disgusting. And people don't usually look down, so it's pretty inconspicuous even if I fly around."
    Sufficiently disturbed by Rebornaga, Sora turns away, shrugging.

"Training would make me more noticeable to certain... unsavory elements of the afterlife. I'd prefer not to do it."

Whether he's referring to Shinigami or Arrancar is left unsaid.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    [Venti Buon - Past]

Rosa steps into the room at Helena's beckoning. At the mention of the three worlds, she nods her head once. "Yes, I do mean that. My mistake, I apologize. I would like to know as much as I can so that I can be prepared. Perhaps I could even understand myself a little bit better through this knowledge."
    The door closes behind Rosa.

"Well, the relationship between the three worlds is a rather simple one. At its very simplest, Soul Society is where new souls are created, the Mortal World is a middle ground, and finally Hueco Mundo is where old souls go to find their end. There is more to it, of course, much more, but that is the basic of the thing."

Helena reaches for a glass of water.

"What else do you wish to know?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

24. - Top - End - #864
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria blinks. Is this really Hasunaga-sensei?

"...More like something's missing... Like a few years..."

If she could manifest a giant sweat drop, she would. But it's not like this is some anime.
    "This is a side effect from using up too much power. My body rejuvenates as my spiritual power courses through me. I tell you, it's a real pain. I can revert the process, but it takes using more strength, so that's why I'm in this cosplay." Still, he makes the cutest little puppy dog eyes. Completely by accident.

"I can understand where you're coming from, Sora. I won't force you. But you should remember that increasing your strength and remaining hidden aren't mutually exclusive choices.

Besides, you're not alone anymore."
    He lets that last line sink in. Despite his odd appearance at present, the way he peers at Sora seems to imply something deeper.

"Well, that's pretty much all I had to say. Sorry for interrupting your date. Don't worry, I won't tell any of the other kids about it.

Ciaossu."

He walks away. Given his literal baby steps, it'll be a while before he goes far, so the couple can ask him whatever they want before he goes for good.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #865
    Orc in the Playground

Valeria just stares as Rebornaga leaves. However, a frown grows across her face. As the toddler teacher disappears from sight (given Sora has no further inquiries), she turns to Sora.

"...Sora-kun." Val hesitates for a moment. "...I thought you were going to stop running?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #866
    Orc in the Playground

The door closes behind Rosa.

"Well, the relationship between the three worlds is a rather simple one. At its very simplest, Soul Society is where new souls are created, the Mortal World is a middle ground, and finally Hueco Mundo is where old souls go to find their end. There is more to it, of course, much more, but that is the basic of the thing."

Helena reaches for a glass of water.

"What else do you wish to know?"
    Rosa only briefly looks over her shoulder when the door suddenly closes. Odd. She thinks, but she has no other reaction to it.

"Well, I would like to know about why there are battles being fought in the Mortal World. I can understand the basic reasons behind the battles: Shinigami want to make sure the souls of the dead pass on to the afterlife, while the Hollows want to absorb souls and spread misery. However, why would the Spirtual World's most powerful beings choose this place as their battlefield? If they are in conflict with each other, why are they not attacking each other more directly? Also, where is our place in this conflict?"
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ettin in the Playground

"Spread misery, now that is short-sighted..."

Helena sighs and does not dwell on the subject further.

"There are all kinds of different personalities among the higher echelons of the spiritual world, on both sides. Serious, jaded, heartless, systematic... Caring, dutyful, honorable... Fickle, lazy, lecherous, treacherous. On both sides there are bad apples."

"A fickle lord of hollows decided to come to the mortal world out of misplaced nostalgia that time, he flared his presence and drew the attention of mediums and shinigami. And then a medium gave him an excuse to attack. It was only the timely interference of the Ghost King of All Hollows that prevented the situation from escalating into the catastrophic for this world."

"There is no place for mortals in this conflict, the vast majority of your kind will not even find out about it, and that is how most of the powers that be like it. For those who find out, it is your choice. Althought I do recommend siding with Hollows."

It is noteworthy that Helena feels like a shinigami.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #868
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Suzaku Brothers

There is the sound of a bell as another customer enters Venti Buon. For a while there is the sound of nothing and they may have gone ahead to take their seats and order something. Then a deep bass voice rings out, "Oi, Chase you wanna quit blocking the door bro? Come on I'm starving and I want to see what this place has." For all who look towards the door there are two people who come inside. One is a rather tall boy. About 6'2 and well muscled. He has blond hair that comes down to his chin in the back and blue eyes and there is a rather bored look on his face. He is wearing a red jacket with a white tee-shirt underneath and a pair of black cargo pants.

The other is not as physically imposing, he is about 5'9 with a slimmer form than the other. He has black hair that has three half lines in it that are white in color, it comes down to just before his eyes with a few bangs in front of them in the front and down to the base of his neck in the back. He has golden hawk-like eyes and is wearing a black suit, white under shirt, and suit pants with a tie that has a cartoony skull adorning the top of it, the attire makes him look rather like a butler. He looks at the taller one and says,"Well Koga mabye if your had your dog-tags on instead of at home like they should be you could actually have enough spiritual awareness to see why this place is a big deal." The duo walk towards the counter and Chase politely addresses the person there. "Excuse me, if it's okay could we get a menu please?"
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-10-22 at 11:41 AM.

29. - Top - End - #869

Valeria just stares as Rebornaga leaves. However, a frown grows across her face. As the toddler teacher disappears from sight (given Sora has no further inquiries), she turns to Sora.

"...Sora-kun." Val hesitates for a moment. "...I thought you were going to stop running?"
    "Running? I'm not running." He looks remarkable evasive. "C'mon, let's go back to the cafe. Who knows what 'plans' our wonderful little group has decided are 'brilliant ideas'."

oh god why is he so sarcastic

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ettin in the Playground

A freakishly large man and a silver-haired woman approach Sora and Valeria.

"That is a horrible way of speaking about your friends, young man."

Ding, ding, ding. Shinigami. The man appears to be a hollow, but a very weak one possibly, he has almost no signature.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-10-22 at 01:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing