New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XX

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Coffee may be a bit harder to acquire, as it comes from only one plant that grows around the equator - and Equestria doesn't seem to have much in the way of mass transportation. Tea, on the other hand, can be made from nearly anything (although the Tea plant is a specific plant as well).

Although I don't see any reason, beyond shipment, that they wouldn't drink coffee.
    Jayden: Not much in the way of mass transportation other than trains, flying vans, horse-drawn carriages, and magic, yeah.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, in speaking with Phoe, she and I came up with an idea that I'm going to make into my next story once I've finished putting together A Midnight Nightmare, and it's more of a return to my usual form:

Midnight and Shimmer's Guide to Dating (2nd Edition).

Set on their first date upon getting back together, the two are intent on having the best time possible. After all, it's not often that you get a second first date, so all the stops must be pulled out make it the Best! Night! Ever! Heck, Midnight will even break out her Gala dress! That's how important this night is!

Unfortunately, it seems like everything in Equestria on this particular night is getting in the way of that, as more and more absurd things happen to disrupt the date, from the minor things like lost reservations, all the way straight down to 'Alright, who drove the Ursa Minor into town again?"

Armed with only a book on dating that's fifty years out of date (Momma Twilight dug it out of the library, books help with everything, don't they?), can Midnight and Shimmer beat the odds, Shimmer's tendency to get tied up at the drop of a hat, Midnight's own tendency to get into trouble, interfering family and friends, and a Nightmare who has her own (bad) ideas on how a date should go, and manage to have an absolutely wonderful time with one another?

Well, as long as the parasprite infestation doesn't spread to every restaurant in Ponyville...

3. - Top - End - #333

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    So, in speaking with Phoe, she and I came up with an idea that I'm going to make into my next story once I've finished putting together A Midnight Nightmare, and it's more of a return to my usual form:

Midnight and Shimmer's Guide to Dating (2nd Edition).

Set on their first date upon getting back together, the two are intent on having the best time possible. After all, it's not often that you get a second first date, so all the stops must be pulled out make it the Best! Night! Ever! Heck, Midnight will even break out her Gala dress! That's how important this night is!

Unfortunately, it seems like everything in Equestria on this particular night is getting in the way of that, as more and more absurd things happen to disrupt the date, from the minor things like lost reservations, all the way straight down to 'Alright, who drove the Ursa Minor into town again?"

Armed with only a book on dating that's fifty years out of date (Momma Twilight dug it out of the library, books help with everything, don't they?), can Midnight and Shimmer beat the odds, Shimmer's tendency to get tied up at the drop of a hat, Midnight's own tendency to get into trouble, interfering family and friends, and a Nightmare who has her own (bad) ideas on how a date should go, and manage to have an absolutely wonderful time with one another?

Well, as long as the parasprite infestation doesn't spread to every restaurant in Ponyville...

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Don't know if people have seen this.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Yes.

I had it stuck in my head when I took my finals earlier this month.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Firbolg in the Playground

I have, it was on ED. There are other versions with the rest of the cast in it, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

7. - Top - End - #337
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    I have, it was on ED. There are other versions with the rest of the cast in it, too.
    Clearly, there is only one solution when we have more than one.
    Round One, FIGHT!
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. I honestly can't remember if I-yay.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    You have my permission.

Good enough?
    That.... Confused me for a second ><
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I love my filly~

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Jayden: Photos? Oh boy, I love photos! Thanqol in glasses:

Spoiler
    Show
    Man, now I want to break out my old Nerf guns...I miss shooting people with darts so bad!
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, Droid, thanks for the critiques. I tend to repeat myself a lot a lot and use the words in the same sentences I use words.

I feel so alfalfa. Being done has really sunk in.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-11 at 10:41 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    That.... Confused me for a second ><
    Then my plan was a complete success!

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

13. - Top - End - #343

Hee, I'll take that as an endorsement. Now I just have to do my research and dredge up the best (worst) in 1950s dating advice for the story.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, Droid, thanks for the critiques. I tend to repeat myself a lot a lot and use the words in the same sentences I use words.
    No problem! There's always something fun for me about seeing the production end of fiction, music, graphic art, etc. and it's a double bonus to help out a fellow ponythreader.

EDIT: Let me offer this, Esper: What to do on a date. Straight from the 50s.

EDIT EDIT: Or if the MST3K is too distracting, have the un-razzed version: What to do on a date.
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-08-11 at 10:46 PM.

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

Hee, I'll take that as an endorsement. Now I just have to do my research and dredge up the best (worst) in 1950s dating advice for the story.
    I can help!

http://eng.1september.ru/2004/38/2.htm

http://dating.lovetoknow.com/Dating_Rules

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WH4N...layer_embedded

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #346

You absolutely must include chapter headings with hilariously bad excerpts from that book. Bonus points if they're annotated by Midnight and Shimmer explaining why the advice sucks.

CHAPTER NINETEEN: AT THE RESTAURANT

"Never look at the menu when ordering; you don't want to look fussy, picky or boring. Just glance it over and then say something that sounds French. The waiter probably won't speak French, but he will be too embarrassed to admit it, so he will simply bring you the finest food. Furthermore, you will impress your date. Works every time."

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

So, anyone want to see Applejack hitting herself?

Yeah, apparently there's a group of fans out there making a MLP: FiM fighting game. I'll actually be interested in that when it gets done. Not sure how long that'll take though - it's currently in a closed alpha, apparently.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

18. - Top - End - #348

This is what I love about this thread. I say something like 'I need dating advice from the 50s', and just moments later, ponies are giving me responses with exactly that. You guys are the best.

You absolutely must include chapter headings with hilariously bad excerpts from that book. Bonus points if they're annotated by Midnight and Shimmer explaining why the advice sucks.

"Never look at the menu when ordering; you don't want to look fussy, picky or boring. Just glance it over and then say something that sounds French. The waiter probably won't speak French, but he will be too embarrassed to admit it, so he will simply bring you the finest food. Furthermore, you will impress your date. Works every time."
    Oh god yes I must do this! I must, I must!
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-08-11 at 10:49 PM.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

No annotation, save that for the "Dear Princess Celestia" letter at the end.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

Funnily enough, those dating videos don't address the pegasus/unicorn interaction dynamic. Clearly they were funded by earth ponies...

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't think I have, but...

yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    So, anyone want to see Applejack hitting herself?

Yeah, apparently there's a group of fans out there making a MLP: FiM fighting game. I'll actually be interested in that when it gets done. Not sure how long that'll take though - it's currently in a closed alpha, apparently.

Zevox
    Sweet.
    Last edited by Ranger Mattos; 2011-08-11 at 10:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

22. - Top - End - #352

Well, now I *definitely* have to write this. My brain is being flooded with ideas and thoughts about it.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

"Remember, when dating a unicorn, always approach them from below, never fly over them and never date a unicorn who is shorter than you. That razor sharp horn can cause life threatening damage. To help keep this in mind, use the following rhyme: The top of the head will make you dead.

Also, if you have sexual relations with a unicorn, ALWAYS go to another bed or couch when sleeping afterwards.

Bon Bon: Sure, I healed, but this magically regrown tongue doesn't have taste buds!"
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

"Remember, when dating a unicorn, always approach them from below, never fly over them and never date a unicorn who is shorter than you. That razor sharp horn can cause life threatening damage. To help keep this in mind, use the following rhyme: The top of the head will make you dead.
    *shudders as he realizes that a loving nuzzle could rapidly become a Celestia-tier medical emergency*
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-08-11 at 11:01 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #355
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WJMill View Post
    I've used kowai instead of kawaii intentionally for laughs. My sensei was very adamant about proper pronunciation, so it made him especially angry. :3
    Well, of course you need to be careful about pronunciation. I mean, it would be pretty confusing if you were trying to talk about the Rain Man, but you instead kept mentioning The Candyman.

Also, you're lucky. I can't seem to find anywhere to learn Japanese formally, and it's pretty much the only foreign language that I would actually be interested enough in to take the time to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    Blue Ghost has recently converted me. I'm up to episode three now (I know, not very far), and it is awesome. The only problem with being a brony, I fear, is something along the lines of this:

Not that it would be a bad thing, mind you...
    That image needs to be captioned: "This is your brain. And this, is your brain on pony."

Also, it is scary just how perfectly it matches what my brain used to be. It's like somepony read my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Image dumps! So sweet and tasty! Image dumps! Don't be too hasty!
    Image dumps! Image dumps! Imaaaaage dumps!

Spoiler
    Show

I get the feeling it's Bon Bon's birthday...
    Saved so hard, I might have accidentally broken the save button. I haven't seen such mind-melting cuteness since at least last week.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

26. - Top - End - #356

Also, if you have sexual relations with a unicorn, ALWAYS go to another bed or couch when sleeping afterwards.

Bon Bon: Sure, I healed, but this magically regrown tongue doesn't have taste buds!"
    You guys keep coming up with terrible pony dating 'advice' like this and Thanqol's excerpt, and I'd be incredibly pleased, and would have to use the best of them in the fic itself, using Thanqol's suggestion.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

You guys keep coming up with terrible pony dating 'advice' like this and Thanqol's excerpt, and I'd be incredibly pleased, and would have to use the best of them in the fic itself, using Thanqol's suggestion.
    Just ask yourself "Could this be said in a Vault-Tec Vault?"

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, I was being entirely serious. All of that strikes me as sensible advice.

Except maybe the magically regrown tongue having no taste buds thing.

Also, Image Dump.

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-11 at 11:14 PM.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

A pegasus' wings are covered in thousands of smooth flight feathers, as well as a downy layer of shorter feathers useful for insulation. This makes wing-stroking an almost irresistible proposition for most unicorns and earth ponies, but beware! A pegasus' wings are extremely sensitive, and therefore most pegasi consider hoof-wing contact a serious faux pas on the first date.

@V: Darn it! I was shooting for a subtly tongue-in-cheek tone. Back to the drawing board.

EDIT EDIT: Wait, I have an angle! It's advice that's amusing because it should be obvious! The book is telling you what you already know, and it doesn't offer any genuinely helpful tips perhaps?
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-08-11 at 11:20 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    A pegasus' wings are covered in thousands of smooth flight feathers, as well as a downy layer of shorter feathers useful for insulation. This makes wing-stroking an almost irresistible proposition for most unicorns and earth ponies, but beware! A pegasus' wings are extremely sensitive, and therefore most pegasi consider hoof-wing contact a serious faux pas on the first date.
    Again: strikes me as solid advice. It'd be like getting grabby on the first date without permission. We need more silly stuff.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-11 at 11:18 PM.