New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XX

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I think I made myself profoundly sad by mistake. I can probably break it if I decide to, but at the moment I kind of want to see where it goes. Might avoid posting for a few days, it's not a feeling that lends itself to human contact. I might explain in more detail later if people are interested. Sorry in advance if any of the feeling bleeds out unexpectedly.

Everypony have fun while I go wallow in whatever it is that I'm wallowing in. That's an order.
    Sometimes you want to feel sad for a while. Feelings are strange like that. Otherwise some forms of art wouldn't exist. Bubbles

In case you want your mood to get better later, watch this.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground

[SPOILER]
    Charger: Normal? It is interesting you would say that given that I have been pointed to as the most insane of us. Perhaps it is simply due to being less direct about myself than my peers. How can I explain my stance...
    Well, maybe "quiet" was the word I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    *Copy/Paste*

Thank you.
    Your welcome.

"And I thought the fifty-year-old book was offering bad advice, but advice that's a thousand years out of date?"
    "If the dowry is too good to be true, then the filly isn't pure. Look to another family to marry into."

Quote Originally Posted by Siuis
    I have the reverse problem. I'm 25, and shaving gets me thrown out of R-rated movies if I don't have my ID. Or asked if I'm out after curfew.
    Never had that trouble. From about the age of 16 people have been mistaking me for about 5-6 years older than I am. Just about a week ago someone I've known on and off for years commented that he thought I was 29 (I'm 23).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

Midnight Nightmare: Google Docs Rough Version

So the picture thing didn't work out quite as well as I had hoped, seeing as I went a meg over the Google Docs limit. So, I ended up using one picture (Kairaven's) as the placer, but I still have the 'better' version with all the pretty space pictures.

I've rewritten some of the excerpts to make them cleaner and more in line with not just the tone of the rest of the story, but with Midnight in general. Her stories are about...friendship, and love, and family. Happy endings, and being grounded. It's not some magical battle that saves the day here, it's kindness and understanding, and forgiveness. It's not until Midnight remembers herself, does she begin to gain the upper hand in the situation.

I hope that comes across in the writing well.

Now, I'm going to bed. Comments are most welcome, seeing as this is a 'rough draft'.
    Haven't read through it since you posted it on the forums, but just looking at it seems...off. I don't know if its because you had the green background before and now it is pure white (I hate, hate, hate reading on a white background, hurts my eyes). If possible (I have absolutely no knowledge of google docs), I'd suggest making the background darker, maybe even black, to flow with the night time breakers and the Nightmare Moon's return.

I'll actually read through it when I get up tomorrow, since it is getting a bit close to my bed time here, but memory tells me it will be excellent.

I think I made myself profoundly sad by mistake. I can probably break it if I decide to, but at the moment I kind of want to see where it goes. Might avoid posting for a few days, it's not a feeling that lends itself to human contact. I might explain in more detail later if people are interested. Sorry in advance if any of the feeling bleeds out unexpectedly.

Everypony have fun while I go wallow in whatever it is that I'm wallowing in. That's an order.
    Good luck! Hopefully it will run its course quickly, or you will find something to bring back the happiness.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ettin in the Playground

I just listened to a dramatic reading of "spiderses".
    OW,OW,OW, IT WAS SO BAD IT HURT. It wasn't even a good trollfic.
    That makes me look like a decent writer in comparison.
    Good thing it was a deliberate trollfic, or I would lose all faith in humanity.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-08-13 at 07:22 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ettin in the Playground

Mask: You were the one insisting I join a harem. I may as well join a harem with class.
    Talespinner: B-but do you have any idea how hard it will be for me to break into Celestia's harem and re-kidnap you? You're putting me at unnecessary risk, here!

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Well I was thinking more a boat with Shimmer in it. Somehow.
    So that we would somehow become the Katamari Ponacy again? Brilliant idea!

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

This drink is to you, you beautiful man.
    Oh, and I almost forgot! The quote dropped, but your picture... You're right. That is a very Daniel Radcliffe-esque neck. I'm sure the rest of you would follow a similar mould.
    This is the best compliment that I have ever gotten.

Aw, sad face. I wanted to see a griffon in harem pants.

Should we be concerned about this? Good Celestia, man, this is a pony thread. You're only supposed to daydream about ponies in harem pants. I personally find your griffon fixation to be very disturbing.

Sh-sh-sh*sssshhhhhh. Hush now, my darling Raz_Fox. Let's not ruin this with quantification or words.
    it is The threat. Let us leave it at that.
    I-I agree. Let's leave it at that.

Jayden: I HAVE MY ADORABLE DIGNITY.
    Have I told you lately that you are the best? Because you are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    LATER THAT NIGHT
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was a near-full moon the night that Raz_Fox lost his sanity.

He lay in bed, covers pulled up to his chin, window shut and locked. Door shut and locked. Eyes... Wide open.

She's coming for me, he thought as his eyes once again made a round about the room, checking for anything out of place. I know it...

The wind suddenly howled, knocking branches against this locked window, drawing his attention for a brief second and shocking his heart.

Breathing became hard. He was afraid to look away from the moonlight, afraid of what the room held now that he'd left it unguarded.

"Oh Razzy~"

Raz's eyes grew big. Had he really just heard a voice? He had to tear his eyes away from the window, the moonlight.

"SiuiS had said getting into your room would be easy, but even I didn't except it to be this easy."

He turned to see her standing by the bed. A dark shadow of a pony, only her grin could be seen. Her mouth moved as she wet her lips. "I've been waiting for you to go to bed, old friend," she purred.

A hoof on the bed next to him, a murderous gleam in her eyes. "Don't mind me, though, Razzy. I'll only be here all night."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Raz tried to speak. His voice failed him. He coughed, doubling over for a moment, and then squeaked out:

"I knew that having a tentacle monster under my bed would come in handy one day. Who knew that it would save my life?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    *reads through the thread*

*sigh* Drama, cannibal ponies, grimdark, poor taste, and over 10 pages per day.

This is why I left in the first place.
    Because I thought that I might have been over-exaggerating it in my memory, and that even if I wasn't things might have changed by now.
    Allow me to summarize: YOU BRONIES ARE BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD. GRR BRONIES.

If you don't like the thread, that's your perogative, but posting about it just to try and guilt-trip the posters here is... not very friendshippy.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    It's 5 am, and I have just finished recording a podcast, because I am stupid and have terrible timing. It's being edited now, I'll link it when it goes up if you feel like listening to me talk for an hour and a half.
    I feel like listening to you talk for an hour and a half. Or longer!

I'm mentioning this now because I did something I don't really understand: I pawned Shimmer off on you guys. Not by name or maliciously, but she came up in conversation, and I refused to claim her as my own, but rather something pitched to me. And I feel horrible about it. So please accept this apology in advance.
    I'm a really horrible person for wondering if I could claim the creation of Shimmer. "Yeah, it was totally my pitch for Heroics that jump-started the character."

I don't know, I don't really understand it. I'm super confused about my own word choice, and my feelings now that I'm thinking about it. What happened was that we got on a question about potentially voicing a minor character for Season 2. Starting with the subject of me having no idea what kind of pony I could voice, it got floated out that I would be Fluttershy's friend. Which for some really strange reason made me say, "Oh yeah. You know, in some ponies' fantasies [cue laughter about exceedingly awkward word choice] -- er, in story ideas and whatnot that have been pitched to me, I've been a shy little author sneaking stories in the mail slot of Twilight's library."

Technically true, but... the way I said it feels cowardly. I don't know. It's bothering me. I don't want it to come up and to have everypony thinking I'm using them as a shield.
    I WILL BE YOUR SHIELD, LADY PHOEKUN.

Seriously, though, it's okay. A slip of the tongue, a wish not to talk about yourself and your own ideas too much - that's understandable. I know that I'm never at my most eloquent while being interviewed, and catching all your little slips and errors on tape is a bit frightening.

Relax! Sleep! Heed no nightly noises! It's just me, being brutally murdered by Braz.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Troll in the Playground

I hope I didn't cause it.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Those are getting better. "No, the thing you're best at is working with animals, but you totally suck at it. Doesn't that just make you want to cry?"

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    He doesn't get to be in the continuity. Only adorable stuffed bees do. Twilight sleeps with him every night and when she's alone, she has tea parties with him. She used to invite Spike, but she doesn't anymore now that she's "too old" for it.

NOPONY MUST KNOW OF THE TEA PARTIES.

Geometry demons like to cuddle too. (warning: it's got fake blood)

I hope you feel better soon. I went through a pretty severe bout of depression last year, and I would suggest staying away from sad songs and tragic movies. It always seems like it would provide some catharsis, but it'll just make it worse.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-08-13 at 09:13 AM.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Titan in the Playground

Look! New avatar!

Yay!

Finally got around to making a pony avatar. And threw in a raccoon, for the sake of nostalgia.

Big version here

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Never had that trouble. From about the age of 16 people have been mistaking me for about 5-6 years older than I am. Just about a week ago someone I've known on and off for years commented that he thought I was 29 (I'm 23).
    Yay, I'm not alone.

Soft Serve leaves, Hawkflight lurks and leaves, DarthBobCat is going on vacation, Thanqol is sad, and no sign of Trixie. It feels like the thread reached it's climax with the post marathon and now we're getting in the hangover phase.

Thanqol, take your time for sadness until it's out of your system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
    According to Steam she's online, so if you wanted to contact her through that you might be able to.

However, I suggest we wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Allow me to summarize: YOU BRONIES ARE BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD. GRR BRONIES.

If you don't like the thread, that's your perogative, but posting about it just to try and guilt-trip the posters here is... not very friendshippy.
    Yeah. Reacting like that was when someone tells you there is a problem and first reaction being not hugging them/trying to make them feel better/asking what is really wrong - is totally non-friendshippy, I agree

Maybe I'm not the best pony cat to say this, given happiness and all, but I tried to make my posts as clean & safe as possible, honor feelings of others, and besides, if you look between the lines, instead at the surface, you'll see the real problem lies elsewhere, and guilt-tripping ponies signaling it will only result in more hurt feelings.
    Above Us Only Sky

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

... 35 pages since I last posted. Excuse me for a minute.
    Spoiler
    Show

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

Midnight Nightmare: Google Docs Rough Version

So the picture thing didn't work out quite as well as I had hoped, seeing as I went a meg over the Google Docs limit. So, I ended up using one picture (Kairaven's) as the placer, but I still have the 'better' version with all the pretty space pictures.

I've rewritten some of the excerpts to make them cleaner and more in line with not just the tone of the rest of the story, but with Midnight in general. Her stories are about...friendship, and love, and family. Happy endings, and being grounded. It's not some magical battle that saves the day here, it's kindness and understanding, and forgiveness. It's not until Midnight remembers herself, does she begin to gain the upper hand in the situation.

I hope that comes across in the writing well.

Now, I'm going to bed. Comments are most welcome, seeing as this is a 'rough draft'.
    Does GoogleDocs let you put in page breaks? A bit more space between excerpts would probably help it look a little better. Also, idea! What if you had an image similar to the one you have now, but have Midnight turning into Nightmare Midnight instead of the moon going through it's phases?

They're
    Savages!
    Savages!
    Barely even mammals!
    Savages
    Savages
    Rotten to the core!
    One screamed at Fluttershy
    Which means they must be evil
    We must sound the drums of waaaar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    This is what we feared.
    The smooth-foot is a demon.
    The only thing
    they feel at all
    is Love.

Underneath that painted hide
    there's weakness deep inside.
    Wonder if they even fly?

They're
    Savages!
    Savages!
    Barely even avian!
    Savages!
    Savages!
    Softened to the core!
    They're not as tough as us
    Which means they must be dweebish.
    We must sound the drums of waaaar!
    I just found these and they are awesome and I blame you SiuiS.

I wouldn't mind more detail, but if you gave it to me I'd probably try cheering you up. So probably better if you don't give more detail until you want cheering up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Look! New avatar!

Yay!

Finally got around to making a pony avatar. And threw in a raccoon, for the sake of nostalgia.

Big version here
    Ouch my diabeetus! D:

Yeah, I don't feel like spending the next few days catching up on 35 pages, so I just hit the last page. What did I miss? Anything more interesting than the usual?

11. - Top - End - #731
    Troll in the Playground

Why the hay am I awake? I was asleep for at most 5 hours. Time to try to go back to sleep... but first.

Spoiler
    Show
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

Image Dump, Amish woke up pretty dang late edition:

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-08-13 at 10:04 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

13. - Top - End - #733

Aww, geez, I go to sleep and take the opportunity to sleep in nice and late, because I haven't done that in a long time, and suddenly everypony has gotten all sad during the interim. I iz a sad filly now.

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    I was thinking something more along the lines of these for page breaks.

Spoiler
    Show

Perhaps a bit thinner, at that. Those still look a bit fat next to text.

I'll read over it all some other time; it's getting a bit late here.
    Stolen. I'll update it with a new version with these instead, because they're so pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Reading it made me realise how we complicated Midnight's family tree again.

NMM is now... a sister? Oh gods, I can't even trace her lineage anymore.
    Nightmare is not really so much a sister, really more a part of Midnight who has her own separate consciousness. The 'shoulder pony' idea is quite apt in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Damn it Esper. You make me sound like such a creep with the amount of praise i want to pour on you. is it possible that you can write something that i DON'T love?
    Gold star dude. 6 of them.
    Heehee, I'm sure that I could come up with something, but thank you very much for the compliment.

It's 5 am, and I have just finished recording a podcast, because I am stupid and have terrible timing. It's being edited now, I'll link it when it goes up if you feel like listening to me talk for an hour and a half.

I'm mentioning this now because I did something I don't really understand: I pawned Shimmer off on you guys. Not by name or maliciously, but she came up in conversation, and I refused to claim her as my own, but rather something pitched to me. And I feel horrible about it. So please accept this apology in advance.
    Oh, Phoe, it's okay. Speaking in podcasts can make things awkward, and you say things you phrase badly and whatnot. I'm not going to be angry, and clearly nopony else is. We all understand.

I will, however, scold you for how late you stayed up, but you know that I'd do that already.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Haven't read through it since you posted it on the forums, but just looking at it seems...off. I don't know if its because you had the green background before and now it is pure white (I hate, hate, hate reading on a white background, hurts my eyes). If possible (I have absolutely no knowledge of google docs), I'd suggest making the background darker, maybe even black, to flow with the night time breakers and the Nightmare Moon's return.

I'll actually read through it when I get up tomorrow, since it is getting a bit close to my bed time here, but memory tells me it will be excellent.
    I'd love to, except I can't figure out how to change the backgrounds in a google document! I think it's impossible, unless I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Does GoogleDocs let you put in page breaks? A bit more space between excerpts would probably help it look a little better. Also, idea! What if you had an image similar to the one you have now, but have Midnight turning into Nightmare Midnight instead of the moon going through it's phases?
    I can no draw, no way can I pull off Midnight into Nightmare pagebreaks like that. I'll probably use what erikun came up with.

Aww, geez, man. *ponyhugs* If you feel like talking about it, give me a PM or something, I'll give a listen if you want it. Feel better quickly.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-08-13 at 10:11 AM.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    I'm very disappointed that you give in to group pressure so easily.
    Giving into peer pressure is naughty and you shouldn't do it.

Whatever you say Flutter- wait a second!
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

15. - Top - End - #735

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Scapegoat is best goat.
    We now need a story about Scape the Goat.

I don't know, I don't really understand it. I'm super confused about my own word choice, and my feelings now that I'm thinking about it. What happened was that we got on a question about potentially voicing a minor character for Season 2. Starting with the subject of me having no idea what kind of pony I could voice, it got floated out that I would be Fluttershy's friend. Which for some really strange reason made me say, "Oh yeah. You know, in some ponies' fantasies [cue laughter about exceedingly awkward word choice] -- er, in story ideas and whatnot that have been pitched to me, I've been a shy little author sneaking stories in the mail slot of Twilight's library."

Technically true, but... the way I said it feels cowardly. I don't know. It's bothering me. I don't want it to come up and to have everypony thinking I'm using them as a shield.
    That sounds pretty accurate, actually. I mean, you make it a point to allow others to write stories about Shimmer; it isn't unusual for others to come up with common themes for the character. It is perfectly understandable that you would question taking credit for that.

In short: Don't worry about it, and we don't think poorly of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    I personally find your griffon fixation to be very disturbing.
    I see nothing wrong with a healthy griffon fixation!

Why the hay am I awake? I was asleep for at most 5 hours. Time to try to go back to sleep... but first.

Spoiler
    Show
    Freckled Pie?
    My heart! My diabetes! Cute limits have reached the maximum!

Quote Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
    According to Steam she's online, so if you wanted to contact her through that you might be able to.

However, I suggest we wait.
    I'd say let her be. People can reach their pony limits, after all, and there's no sense in pestering her if that's the case. We don't want her thinking of the ponythread as manditory "work", after all.
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

16. - Top - End - #736
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    I just listened to a dramatic reading of "spiderses".
    OW,OW,OW, IT WAS SO BAD IT HURT. It wasn't even a good trollfic.
    That makes me look like a decent writer in comparison.
    Good thing it was a deliberate trollfic, or I would lose all faith in humanity.
    There's already a dramatic reading up!? When did this happen? I must know!

Yay!

I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Well, considering I don't have anything to add to 99% of the conversations on here, my curiosity tends to get the best of me and makes me look at things that traumatize me, and anybody who wants to contact me can just look on my profile for my instant messenger program addresses, I am officially withdrawing from this thread.

Bye everyone.

And now, I am a sad pony. Especially since I am certain that I contributed to this in some way.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    There's already a dramatic reading up!? When did this happen? I must know!
    It is on Equestria Daily.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

18. - Top - End - #738
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    EDIT: I want a fic titled Apples Carrots Celery, Stalks colorful Flowers Too and I figured you affably mad folks would be the ones to generate the proper twisted, shippy plot for it. Any ideas?
    A love dodecahedron all over Ponyville's old established produce clans (and the newcomer Flower clan, which the others look down on)? Which, being old established clans will have various feuds, arranged-three-generations-ago arranged marriages, weird clan traditions, strong ideas about who is/isn't suitable marriage material for their children and other “fun” surprises for any prospective couple…

19. - Top - End - #739
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    That's... just... strange.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

We now need a story about Scape the Goat.
    His cutie mark can be a bulls-eye! Or a pin!

Is Pokey Pierce Ponyville's scapegoat? Maybe his cutie mark is a pin because everything gets pinned on him?

21. - Top - End - #741

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    That's... just... strange.

Zevox
    Have something a little stranger.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

22. - Top - End - #742

Y'know, for the record, I'd like to refute the idea that Midnight's family tree is some sort of giant complex thing. Here, let me show this chart I quickly made up. Yes, it was an excuse to use the chart maker again.

Small Family Tree:

Spoiler
    Show

Looking at this, Midnight's family isn't that much more complex than the idea of someone who has a step-parent somewhere along the line. She certainly doesn't have much in the way of grandparents (Just Twilight's), and as far as we know only one 'True' Aunt, which would be Princess Celestia. Calling Celestia 'Gammy' and the other Elements her Aunts are really just more terms of endearment and affection than actual blood relation.

Even if you count Nightmare as a sister, as opposed to a part of Midnight, that really doesn't make the situation that much more complex.

Oh, sure, if you include all the fandom injokes that have sprung from it, it gets more complex, but 'canon' Midnight's family isn't some byzantine thing.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ogre in the Playground

Have some Frank Zappa:
    Ponies don't wear clothes

A little?

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

Y'know, for the record, I'd like to refute the idea that Midnight's family tree is some sort of giant complex thing. Here, let me show this chart I quickly made up. Yes, it was an excuse to use the chart maker again.

Small Family Tree:

Spoiler
    Show

Looking at this, Midnight's family isn't that much more complex than the idea of someone who has a step-parent somewhere along the line. She certainly doesn't have much in the way of grandparents (Just Twilight's), and as far as we know only one 'True' Aunt, which would be Princess Celestia. Calling Celestia 'Gammy' and the other Elements her Aunts are really just more terms of endearment and affection than actual blood relation.

Even if you count Nightmare as a sister, as opposed to a part of Midnight, that really doesn't make the situation that much more complex.

Oh, sure, if you include all the fandom injokes that have sprung from it, it gets more complex, but 'canon' Midnight's family isn't some byzantine thing.
    This chart seems to imply that Trixie is the result of asexual reproduction; her mom just budded her off one day.

"See, I had a REALLY big meal, and I felt all sickish, but it was just mitosis! Ordinary, every day mitosis. And that's where little Trixie came from."

"..."

"What, is that not normal?"
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

25. - Top - End - #745
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, so no one cared about my analysis of G1 ponies. So have these instead.
    3DS Friend Code: 3625-8308-8437
    Pokemon X | Harvest Moon ANB | Animal Crossing ANL
    Fighting Type | Machoke | Throh | Breloom

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WJMill View Post
    ...I totally missed something didn't I?

27. - Top - End - #747

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WJMill View Post
    Hey, that's isn't Applejack!
    Wait a minute, something doesn't seem right here...

Please note that my only experience with previous generations is from that Smooze movie, and vague recollections about what my sister watched before I sat down for G. I. Joe. Also, you noted that most of the personalities were taken for the existing generation. I suppose that anyone could be remade and expanded into a more interesting character, so...

Paradise? I suppose my biggest question is what role would she play in the actual episodes. It sounds like she'd make a nice narrator if we needed an historic flashback episode, but I don't see how she would interact with the mane cast. I'm also wondering if that isn't something Twilight could do, if we're just talking about narration. Is she perhaps supposed to be a storyteller or recordkeeper?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    ...I totally missed something didn't I?
    Here you go.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

Did Masquerade have those eyes in the show?
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-08-13 at 12:12 PM.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Dwarf in the Playground

Paradise? I suppose my biggest question is what role would she play in the actual episodes. It sounds like she'd make a nice narrator if we needed an historic flashback episode, but I don't see how she would interact with the mane cast. I'm also wondering if that isn't something Twilight could do, if we're just talking about narration. Is she perhaps supposed to be a storyteller or recordkeeper?
    Essentially bobcat asked me if I could import any pre-G4 into FiM, who would it be? Really, Paradise is the only one that's furthest away from a concept already in FiM. Yes, Twilight could narrate, but being a native of at least the Cloudsdale/Ponyville area, Paradise would know more about local fables and history. Insofar as interacting with the mane cast, she would probably not get along with Rainbow Dash 'That's just a stupid filly story!' or even Rarity 'I don't have time for silly stories!'. Twilight and she might compete for 'historical accuracy'. Overall, I think the show would benefit from an 'outside' storyteller/historian/narrator, so Twilight could enjoy stories, too, without having to be the one to tell them all the time.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    She did in My Little Pony & Friends, yes. (Same with Fizzy, Sweet Stuff, Whizzer, Gingerbread, and Galaxy, I believe.) She has not been introduced in FiM, the pic I posted was a fanart.
    Last edited by WJMill; 2011-08-13 at 12:20 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3625-8308-8437
    Pokemon X | Harvest Moon ANB | Animal Crossing ANL
    Fighting Type | Machoke | Throh | Breloom

30. - Top - End - #750

GnomeWizardGuy

Hmm, good point. Twilight does like her books and tends to devote herself to whatever is written in them, but then again, she tends to dismiss anything she classifies as "silly". (see: Supernaturals) I suppose Paradise would have a bigger place in the show than I thought, as she'd likely have stories to tell that Twilight is unlikely to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I seem to recall them taking time to show off those gem-eyes in the movie. No clue about the TV series.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image