New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XX

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    I just sent an IM to the address you gave me.
    ...That's really odd because I haven't received it or any add requests.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post

Also, it's been 20 hours and I haven't received any contact requests or PMs from anybody who was disappointed in me leaving despite me mentioning it 3 times. Clearly, you guys weren't that disappointed.
    But....but... My fellow Teen Titan lover!
    And now queen of bladed friendship!

I also don't really blame you for leaving. The speed at which this thread moves is eye straining. and as i posted eairler, i hardly have any idea whats going on. but i love everyone here just the same.
    Last edited by Rebelhero; 2011-08-13 at 03:13 PM.
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

3. - Top - End - #783
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    So in light of recent thread stuff, I wanted to just state publicly that if I post something that's offensive or squicky to other threadgoers (lurkers included ) please send me a PM or something and let me know. I promise I'll do my best to spoiler/tone down/drop whatever it may be, because I do genuinely want everyone else to have a good time in here, and if I'm bothering you, it's most likely because I don't realize what I've done.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

So in light of recent thread stuff, I wanted to just state publicly that if I post something that's offensive or squicky to other threadgoers (lurkers included ) please send me a PM or something and let me know. I promise I'll do my best to spoiler/tone down/drop whatever it may be, because I do genuinely want everyone else to have a good time in here, and if I'm bothering you, it's most likely because I don't realize what I've done.
    Same here. I'm sorry if I contributed to any of this.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Titan in the Playground

Me, I just sort of randomly chime in when I either have a comment at something I've read so far, or I have a comment I need too throw out that doesn't bare on the current conversation. I don't try to closely follow the thread, it just moves too fast for anyone who isn't on at all times, and I'm not on at all times as I can't be at a computer at work.
    "I Burn!"

6. - Top - End - #786
    Titan in the Playground

Woop, forgot to add the pony to that last post.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

Same for me.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Agreed. I'd hate to think that I hurt anyone's feelings.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Firbolg in the Playground

Deadly
    Thanks for the suggestions.

The constellation beast thing was done in Past Sins recently, including Canis M., so I think I'll pass on that idea. I might have used it otherwise.
    Shoot, your right. But you will miss out on giant star crabs.

Originally Posted by the_druid_droid
    This is probably for the best. We dont want to ruin anybodys fun.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-08-13 at 03:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

10. - Top - End - #790

I don't know about you guys, but my fun is ruined. It was ruined by someone saying we suck and they're leaving.

And no, I don't want someone to apologize for it. I'm a big girl and I can take care of my own emotions.

But I am saying what upset me in hopes it get better. Maybe it will actually work.
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I love my filly~

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    Yeah. Reacting like that was when someone tells you there is a problem and first reaction being not hugging them/trying to make them feel better/asking what is really wrong - is totally non-friendshippy, I agree

Maybe I'm not the best pony cat to say this, given happiness and all, but I tried to make my posts as clean & safe as possible, honor feelings of others, and besides, if you look between the lines, instead at the surface, you'll see the real problem lies elsewhere, and guilt-tripping ponies signaling it will only result in more hurt feelings.
    Well, sir, you are wrong, for reasons that I will reveal in the below spoiler:

Spoiler
    Show

...Darnit, Pinkie, that wasn't what I meant to say.

But it's right! You should stop getting irritated at people when you think they're trying to guilt-trip you and bronies you like. They're just trying to help, silly-billy!

B-but they blow everything out of proportion, and basically spat on everyone having fun here before walking out! Isn't that bad?

Sure it is! But getting mad at them is just as bad, and makes you look like a real hypocrite! Does hypocrisy have anything to do with hypnosis? Makes you wonder, doesn't it? Anyway, I'd like to leave you - and anyone who doesn't like the way this thread has gone in the last days before Season 2 begins - with this thought:

Spoiler
    Show

I agree with Irbis here. If somepony thinks there's a problem, it should be examined, not swept under the rug.
    Mmm. I will say, though, that there's a difference between pointing out a problem - e.g. "In Feeling Pinkie Keen, the moral felt off, and here's why:" and complaining about quality - e.g. "My Little Pony is a show for little girls - all it has are fashion shows and sleepovers and I'm glad I quit watching it."

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but my fun is ruined. It was ruined by someone saying we suck and they're leaving.
    Which is exactly what I was feeling when I posted my half-joking, half-nasty comment about Hawkflight's comments.

So in light of recent thread stuff, I wanted to just state publicly that if I start acting like a dweeb, please throw bricks at me until I get the hint. I promise I'll do my best to spoiler/tone down/drop whatever it may be, because I do genuinely want everyone else to have a good time in here, and if I'm bothering you, it's most likely because I thought it would be funny and you'd be a good sport.
    Quoted for truth.
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2011-08-13 at 04:28 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

12. - Top - End - #792

GnomeWizardGuy

Also, it's been 20 hours and I haven't received any contact requests or PMs from anybody who was disappointed in me leaving despite me mentioning it 3 times. Clearly, you guys weren't that disappointed.
    I don't use any chat programs, and haven't in a number of months, hence why I haven't added anyone. Doing so only to ignore them seems rather rude.

Other than that, welcome back! Even if it is only for a little bit. I can understand if you didn't want to come back, but you will be welcome if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Alright, so I've been toying with the layout of Midnight Nightmare, trying to get it to look right. Since I noticed that Phoe has done some editing to the main document, I spun off a side doc so I could experiment with layout without screwing anything up.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

So, could I get an opinion on how this looks now? Does it look any better, any worse, how should I change it?
    I didn't really look over the previous version on GoogleDocs, although I do notice an oddity in this one. In the second to last section, the one starting with "I don't deserve it", there is an odd black-colored word in the fourth paragraph.

Nice use of boldface. Using it for the conversation with Fluttershy is certainly interesting; I like how that worked out.

Yay I got mentioned! I honestly wasn't expecting that.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

13. - Top - End - #793
    Titan in the Playground

Wait! Back up a sec! When does Season 2 begin? I know, I know, I'm horrid for not already knowing this, but please tell me anyway!
    "I Burn!"

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Wait! Back up a sec! When does Season 2 begin? I know, I know, I'm horrid for not already knowing this, but please tell me anyway!
    Around December, I think. Late this year.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Personally, I've heard September. Which is what I'm really, really hoping for. Like, reallllllly hoping for.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Titan in the Playground

The guy posted in the Credits for the last ep I watched online "Here's to new stuff in Dec." Yes, the ep was Best Night Ever. So I though Dec, but I like Sept SO much better!
    "I Burn!"

17. - Top - End - #797
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Yes, but except that basic shipping there hasn't been any concrete shipping. Now it's almost 24 hours and neither of them has been assigned a cute filly.
    Filly?! You're assuming they like fillies? You monster. We've not shipped them because they CLEARLY love each other too much for us to break them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Raz tried to speak. His voice failed him. He coughed, doubling over for a moment, and then squeaked out:

"I knew that having a tentacle monster under my bed would come in handy one day. Who knew that it would save my life?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Braz may rapidly check under the bed, afraid that Raz's secret weapon can defeat her. She will find just a note-'Hi Raz m'love. Your tentacle monster looked lonely, so I took her out for dinner and a show, then back to my place. Hope you don't need her tonight, love, Lixie ♥'

This chart seems to imply that Trixie is the result of asexual reproduction; her mom just budded her off one day.

"See, I had a REALLY big meal, and I felt all sickish, but it was just mitosis! Ordinary, every day mitosis. And that's where little Trixie came from."

"..."

"What, is that not normal?"
    She is so Great and Powerful, even biology obeys her will.

And in my honest opinion, if people are saying things that upset you outside of spoilers, please don't leave. Ask them to spoiler it. If they're spoilering it and giving you a warning and you look anyway, that's not their fault. We don't want to not talk about darkponies, or shipping, or roleplaying, or anything like that because one person dislikes it. We're happy to hide it, but if you look at it anyway, that's not our fault.

I'll be sorry to see anyone go.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

18. - Top - End - #798

It's gonna be weird being here with you guys DURING a season. I didn't show up until after the episodes stopped being new.

All in all, I'm glad you've been keeping me company while I wait *hugs thread*

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Braz may rapidly check under the bed, afraid that Raz's secret weapon can defeat her. She will find just a note-'Hi Raz m'love. Your tentacle monster looked lonely, so I took her out for dinner and a show, then back to my place. Hope you don't need her tonight, love, Lixie ♥'
    *dies laughing* I'll come up with a response in a few: I am at a party and am eating too much to write~
    Last edited by Brazen Shield; 2011-08-13 at 04:52 PM.
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I love my filly~

19. - Top - End - #799

Important unanswered question:

Who the hay are we going to preemptively ship Whadda Scoops with?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Personally, I've heard September. Which is what I'm really, really hoping for. Like, reallllllly hoping for.
    Now, is this the normal sort of "wish upon a star" hope, or "engage in daring commando raid just to see Season Two if it's not out by then" hope?

On an unrelated note, I know a guy who can get his hands on a lot of masks on short notice. No reason, just thought I'd share that with everypony. Sharing and caring and all.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Important unanswered question:

Who the hay are we going to preemptively ship Whadda Scoops with?
    Cherry Coke?
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

22. - Top - End - #802
    Titan in the Playground

I know a guy who can make Cameras defy all the known laws of physics. And another Guy who can take a 30 year old computer and Hack any security system on the planet in 10 seconds flat. And I know a couple of Martial Arts Masters.

Just saying.

Edit: What about Photo Finish? Come on, think about it for just a second.
    Last edited by Metahuman1; 2011-08-13 at 05:00 PM.
    "I Burn!"

23. - Top - End - #803

Cherry Coke?
    Wait. I have an idea. Spoiled for brilliance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe Whadda has a crush on a certain semi-reclusive writer. Thus the stalking chain grows to

Twilight <--- Lyra <--- Shimmer <--- Whadda
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

24. - Top - End - #804
    Bugbear in the Playground

This also applies to me, however unlikely it is that I post something that is unpleasant and not posted previously (though I'll avoid reposting unpleasant things for obvious reasons).

In any case, I'm sorry that people are leaving, too, but noone cares enough about me for that to stop them and noone should let any dissapointment me may have stop them. Leaving the thread is a sound decision, all we can do is be grateful that people are being up-front about it and telling us so that we might improve.

Feel free to ignore anything that I say, as usual - I'm not good at dealing with situations like this.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ogre in the Playground

And in my honest opinion, if people are saying things that upset you outside of spoilers, please don't leave. Ask them to spoiler it. If they're spoilering it and giving you a warning and you look anyway, that's not their fault. We don't want to not talk about darkponies, or shipping, or roleplaying, or anything like that because one person dislikes it. We're happy to hide it, but if you look at it anyway, that's not our fault.

What Lix said.

Quote Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
    However, I suggest we wait.
    Well, seeing it's precisely what caused the problem in the first place, this quote comes to mind:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. --Albert Einstein

That's all that I'm going to say on the topic.
    Above Us Only Sky

26. - Top - End - #806

Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe Whadda has a crush on a certain semi-reclusive writer. Thus the stalking chain grows to

Actually, I believe it's:
    Spoiler
    Show

------------------------------- <--- Midnight
    Twilight <--- Lyra <--- Shimmer-<--- Whadda

27. - Top - End - #807
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, due to urging from brazen shield I'm posting exactly what it is that bothered me.

Ponies are meat eaters theory: I have no problem with the theory itself. I have a problem with people who are maintaining that theory looking at it like the ponies are monster for possibly doing it.

Celestia is an Iron Hoofed tyrant because this is the way it works in the real world:
    This theory just bugs me. It's not as big as some stuff, but it was a factor.
    unmarked Grimdark images/Grimdark images in spoilers of more "Pony" pictures/Grimdark things in unmarked spoilers: Pretty self explanatory. This has made me no longer want to even look at image dumps, or even so much as open a spoiler. There goes the majority of what I did in the thread. Examples include, Sweetiebuse, the aforementioned cannibalism, "Cupcakes" comics, and something that legitimately traumatized me involving mind control. Since then, I've skipped episodes of Gargoyles or Darkwing Duck because they involved mind control. No, I'm not kidding.
    The inability to join in on conversations: Nothing I can do about this one. Just one other thing that was a factor.

This is just what I recall off the top of my head. There were more things, I just can't think of them right now. The "Apparently you didn't care that much" thing was just an insensitive joke. I really do want to keep contact with you guys, I just no longer desire to participate in this thread. Maybe in the future, but not right now.

My enjoyment of this thread is pretty much dead. I'm leaving, partially because I'm worried I'll see/read something that will kill my enjoyment of something I genuinely like, or just make me no longer want to watch the show at all.

Expecting you guys to change for the sake of my own tastes is selfish and unreasonable. Hence why I decided I'd rather leave. I made my leaving public in the hope that more people from this thread would start contacting me. Since I've clarified things with Kris, and he can just PM me if there are any other problems, I'm seriously going this time. If you want a clarification on something, please PM me since I won't be responding in thread.

I want to assure you guys that I have no problem with you, or with the fact that you like some of this. If I did, I wouldn't have repeatedly asked people to contact me outside of the thread. I have a problem with some of the stuff you like though, and due to the presence of a rather large amount of it, I'm leaving.

EDIT: Also, Irbis, you can PM me. Trixie said you were worried that you wouldn't be able to, but you can.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-08-13 at 05:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

But given Wadda's off kilter eye for news, wouldn't that result in lots of stories about Shimmer, embarrassing her into further seclusion?
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

It would help, of course, if people labeled any spoilers they put stuff with at least something vaguely descriptive of what's inside.

For example, Lix, your reply to Raz was an unlabeled spoiler directed an unlabeled spoiler in a quote box trimmed of any context -- I can't know what's inside until I crack it open, and then it's too late.

(I, personally, am not terribly bothered by the pony thread shenanigans at large in and of themselves, but I am slightly dismayed their magnitude means I often find it less bothersome to skip pages at a time, which might contain images/discussion I would otherwise enjoy seeing.)

30. - Top - End - #810

But given Wadda's off kilter eye for news, wouldn't that result in lots of stories about Shimmer, embarrassing her into further seclusion?
    Do you have a point, or are you thinking out loud? I'm not good at subtlety, this may sound offensive but it's not supposed to.