New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XX

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    I would most definitely want Twilight as a shoulder pony. OR Midnight. Twilight to keep me on track with homework and studying, Midnight for the same reason, but also to silently tease people and comment on cute girls/fillies.

Yes... now i want. Damn you fictional characters!
    GRAH you make me wanna.....
    Spoiler
    Show
    It makes you wanna lick a lime? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Thanks so much, you guys.

Also, before I go to bed, here's Luna being absurdly cute.

http://ponibooru.413chan.net/post/view/45588
    Eeee, so incredibly adorably adorable! Luna is so cute...

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    It...It's like looking through a mirror distorted. You can make out certain things that are familiar to you, but they've been twisted, turned ugly, shells of their former selves, which makes them all the more frightening for their familiarity.
    Except that IS their former selves... -(Shudders)- It came first... it came fiiiirst... the good ponies are a byproduct of... that! Help me, my brains are going EEEEEEEEEE...

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Dwarf in the Playground

I would most definitely want Twilight as a shoulder pony. OR Midnight. Twilight to keep me on track with homework and studying, Midnight for the same reason, but also to silently tease people and comment on cute girls/fillies.

Yes... now i want. Damn you fictional characters!
    GRAH you make me wanna.....
    Spoiler
    Show
    It makes you wanna lick a lime? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Thanks so much, you guys.

Also, before I go to bed, here's Luna being absurdly cute.

http://ponibooru.413chan.net/post/view/45588
    Eeee, so incredibly adorably adorable! Luna is so cute...

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    It...It's like looking through a mirror distorted. You can make out certain things that are familiar to you, but they've been twisted, turned ugly, shells of their former selves, which makes them all the more frightening for their familiarity.
    Except that IS their former selves... -(Shudders)- It came first... it came fiiiirst... the good ponies are a byproduct of... that! Help me, my brains are going EEEEEEEEEE...

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Multi-quote response time! Quotes made in no particular order.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    We would hate her probably less. Blueblood is hated because he is insensitive and assumes that everyone has to bend to his wishes. But that behaviour is expected from a princess, so people would be okay with that. No one expects a princess to be a gentlecolt. To get the same hate some someone needs to write a "Princess BB gets bored and plays with Big Mac" fic.
    I don't know about that. I mean, we would basically be talking about Diamond Tiara, and I already have her at about the same level as Blueblood already.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    In other news, it seems Lyra is now stalking Octavia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I liked the fic and music associated with this. (Black and White) I think they're trying to get it onto Equestria Daily, so we should be seeing it there soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Topic: Assume shoulder ponies were real. Choose one and only one shoulder pony for your own enjoyment. Who do you pick?
    Actually, after thinking it over, I'll be going with Colgate. Why? Because whenever I'm feeling down, I'll have a very little pony who wants to cheer me up by brushing her hair. Brushie brushie brushie~
    Spoiler
    Show

There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    I liked the fic and music associated with this. (Black and White) I think they're trying to get it onto Equestria Daily, so we should be seeing it there soon as well.
    Black & White was already on Equestria Daily. Brought a tear to me eyes, that one.

And what's with the Colgate brushing... oh. Colgate.

EDIT: This is too adorable not to post.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-08-15 at 01:11 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1145

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Black & White was already on Equestria Daily. Brought a tear to me eyes, that one.
    Oh, so it is. I fail at my research check, apparently.

And what's with the Colgate brushing... oh. Colgate.
    Why don't you like the brushy?
    Accept the brushy!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    New York. I'm just naturally up late, and work overnights.
    Yeah! NY Represent!

Also! Proud to be a Brony!
    Well, when we all decide to surprise Esper by suddenly showing up at his place with more than half the thread with us, I'm gonna be dragging you two along even if I have to kidnap you to do it! I'd have to go through NY to get to Canada anyway. (Of course, knowing my luck, Esper lives either far to the north, or far to the west, making it nearly impossible to drive there.)

For those wondering, New Jersey is where I live, and with some warning I could probably get about four days for a meetup, as long as it would take less than a day to drive there.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Hey folks, dinner time. Can't chat. Have a podcast. I talk about a lot of stuff, and you can hear me, but apparently a lot of ponies still don't like the quality. I think my voice just sucks.
    Phoe! Y u hate your voice? On a scale of "1-to-Pony" your voice would rank "So Pony!"

Topic: Assume shoulder ponies were real. Choose one and only one shoulder pony for your own enjoyment. Who do you pick?

I'd choose Fluttershy.
    Why do you have to pick the difficult questions? My immediate thought would be to pick Fluttershy or Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy because she is so cute, but it probably wouldn't work out well to have her as a shoulder pony because I'd have to try pretty hard to avoid upsetting her.

Rainbow Dash would certainly be helpful in getting back in shape and making my life 20% cooler, but her laziness, and my laziness would probably feed off each other and I wouldn't get any work done. I'd just do things when it's fun and avoid any actual work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    But isn't the point of a shoulder pony that they ARE different?
    Thank you, Lix, because this made me realize that the shoulder pony that I would benefit the most from, is precisely the pony that I have the least in common with.

I think that ultimately, I'd have to go with Rarity as my shoulder pony. Rarity would certainly have plenty of helpful advice on improving my appearance. But more importantly, she's a hard-worker, who would certainly push me to work hard as well.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    I don't know about that. I mean, we would basically be talking about Diamond Tiara, and I already have her at about the same level as Blueblood already.
    That's right; DT is filly BB. But I think on average she isn't as disliked as Blueblood. There are even spare attempts that show her as halfway sympathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

EDIT: This is too adorable not to post.
    She looks like she's shouting, "Surprise! Happy Birthday!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Phoe! Y u hate your voice? On a scale of "1-to-Pony" your voice would rank "So Pony!"
    Agreed. And I enjoyed listening to you guys answer questions and stuff. Though after the topic turned to books everypony read in high school, I had some trouble not imagining Tortilla Flat as a retelling of the first episode with a tragic ending. Dunno why.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ogre in the Playground

That's right; DT is filly BB. But I think on average she isn't as disliked as Blueblood. There are even spare attempts that show her as halfway sympathetic.
    Because she was presented as a villain from the get-go, unlike Blueblood. She's also a child.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Well, when we all decide to surprise Esper by suddenly showing up at his place with more than half the thread with us, I'm gonna be dragging you two along even if I have to kidnap you to do it! I'd have to go through NY to get to Canada anyway. (Of course, knowing my luck, Esper lives either far to the north, or far to the west, making it nearly impossible to drive there.)

For those wondering, New Jersey is where I live, and with some warning I could probably get about four days for a meetup, as long as it would take less than a day to drive there.
    Wait, Esper lives in Canada?
    *Starts working on his Track Down And Stalk Esper plan*

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Wait, Esper lives in Canada?
    *Starts working on his Track Down And Stalk Esper plan*
    *Psst*

You want my handbook on how to stalk ponies? I'm sure you'll find it useful.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Troll in the Playground

Because Diamond is a child and thus can change more readily. Also, you do have to feel sorry for the pony whose entire talent is wearing diamond.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ettin in the Playground

The Princess Promenade
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
    Spoiler
    Show

GAMERLORDS AND GAMERLORDS FIRST!
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

14. - Top - End - #1154

Because Diamond is a child and thus can change more readily. Also, you do have to feel sorry for the pony whose entire talent is wearing diamond.
    And its even worse for Silver Spoon: your only talent is...eating elegantly?
    No wonder they are so mean, they know that there only abilitys to stand out are useless in any situation, and can only feel good about themselves by mocking others with no cuti marks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, you do have to feel sorry for the pony whose entire talent is wearing diamond.
    Sounds pretty nice to me. All Pinkie's mom got was a rock.

16. - Top - End - #1156

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Stupid Rock!

sorry, I had to.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    And its even worse for Silver Spoon: your only talent is...eating elegantly?
    No wonder they are so mean, they know that there only abilitys to stand out are useless in any situation, and can only feel good about themselves by mocking others with no cuti marks.
    Don't be silly. Silver Spoon's special talent is being fed!

edit: No really. Given the difficulty inherent to a non-unicorn eating with a spoon and given that she's from a very wealthy family, it's pretty clear to me that she has a servant to take the spoon in his mouth and deliver food to hers. It's an incredible sign of subservience, and I can only imagine the sort of power she feels at mealtimes. Is it any wonder that wound up being her cutie mark?
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2011-08-15 at 02:30 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1158

And see how she turned out. Besides, those rocks may have been geodes, and have gems inside. Then again, equestia has so many gems that they must be worth almost nothing.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'd choose Fluttershy.
    Fanon: Berry Punch
    Mane Cast: Twilight Sparkle, then Rainbow Dash.
    Support Character: Shadowbolts.

Hey folks, dinner time. Can't chat. Have a podcast. I talk about a lot of stuff, and you can hear me, but apparently a lot of ponies still don't like the quality. I think my voice just sucks.
    How much bandwidth are you dedicating to the quality? If you get stingy voice quality drops like a rock.

edit: No really. Given the difficulty inherent to a non-unicorn eating with a spoon and given that she's from a very wealthy family, it's pretty clear to me that she has a servant to take the spoon in his mouth and deliver food to hers. It's an incredible sign of subservience, and I can only imagine the sort of power she feels at mealtimes. Is it any wonder that wound up being her cutie mark?
    Maybe she's so persuasive, she can get random unicorns to spoon-feed her, like Rarity did to the colts?
    Last edited by dromer; 2011-08-15 at 02:46 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1160

GnomeWizardGuy

I like the idea that she has the unusual talent of eating with a spoon despite being an earth pont. Then again, I've taken Silver Spoon and coming from a prominent-but-not-rich family and hanging out with Diamond Tiara as a way to feel prestige.

I'm odd, I know.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

21. - Top - End - #1161

Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
    Support Character: Shadowbolts.
    You wouldn't know if they actually exist or not. You'd have Schrodinger's Shoulder-pony
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Ogre in the Playground

"Quickly, Geraldo! Bring more bacon! Quickly, I say! Before the insatiable beast hungers for HUMAN PONY FLESH!!!"

Yes, yes it is.

And see how she turned out. Besides, those rocks may have been geodes, and have gems inside. Then again, equestia has so many gems that they must be worth almost nothing.
    Nah, they're just normal rocks. Pappie Pie gets checks from Big Fizz to sit there and push them around because (unbeknownst to him) the biggest reservoir of carbonated water in Equestria is under his house, and they want to keep the prices high.

23. - Top - End - #1163

Or Spoons could go into the accessories made of precious material selling business?
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    KILL IT WITH FI—

No, wait, fire isn't strong enough. But what is? H2SO4? Plasma? Gamma Ray Burst? Orbital Friendship Cannon? We're gonna need some really strong stuff here…
    Everything. Kill it with EVERYTHING.

Could be that her talent is in the jewellery business. Maybe she made that tiara herself. It's not too far off from Rarity's cutie mark story.

Could be, though it's not really a talent. Maybe she makes silverware? Or collects spoons?

There was actually a fic a while back where Silver got spoon-fed by a servant. That was it. That was the entire fic.

Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

25. - Top - End - #1165

Nah, they're just normal rocks. Pappie Pie gets checks from Big Fizz to sit there and push them around because (unbeknownst to him) the biggest reservoir of carbonated water in Equestria is under his house, and they want to keep the prices high.
    Well, it makes more sense than selling rocks, in any case.

There was actually a fic a while back where Silver got spoon-fed by a servant. That was it. That was the entire fic.
    Wat.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-08-15 at 03:02 PM.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ogre in the Playground

I have to admit, The Princess Promenade is a really cool title. It sounds like a Robert Ludlum novel.

Well, it makes more sense than selling rocks, in any case.
    Not serious. Too dark.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-08-15 at 03:05 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1167

Not serious. Too dark.
    I was joking. And how is it too dark?

And I have to agree, The Princess Promenade sounds more like a novel of some sort rather than a direct-to video my little pony movie.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    "Quickly, Geraldo! Bring more bacon! Quickly, I say! Before the insatiable beast hungers for HUMAN PONY FLESH!!!"
    Hey....
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
    How much bandwidth are you dedicating to the quality? If you get stingy voice quality drops like a rock.

Maybe she's so persuasive, she can get random unicorns to spoon-feed her, like Rarity did to the colts?
    I... don't know? How would I go about checking this?

Also, theory approved.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ogre in the Playground

I was joking. And how is it too dark?

And I have to agree, The Princess Promenade sounds more like a novel of some sort rather than a direct-to video my little pony movie.
    Ah, my bad. Ruthless trusts artificially inflating prices by sticking ponies with pointless jobs is pretty dark, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Hey....
    Huh?