New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XX

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    I... don't know? How would I go about checking this?
    I'm by no means an expert on the matter, but:
    After some googling, I noticed that Vent seems to set the bandwidth automatically, from what I've read it's actually tied to the codec (read: the method of sending your voice to the server) the server uses. The default server codec is usually more than enough for audio quality. Ventrilo automatically uses as much bandwidth as necessary.

HOWEVER, a person on a connection without enough bandwidth (which in the podcast you were saying you had some difficulty opening web pages) may have some issues with audio quality. Check your bandwidth usage during recording, and see if you max out on usage.

ALSO, if that isn't the issue, you should probably ask the server operator use the codec called Speex, which is installed (but not used) in the vanilla Vent.

BUT THERE'S MORE, depending on what model of mic you bought, you can expect different audio qualities.

Again, this is just the result of ten minutes of looking around. If anyone else has recommendations/corrections, feel free to comment.
    Last edited by dromer; 2011-08-15 at 03:33 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Ponythread, I have made what the young people of today would call a "rookie mistake". I listened to Equestria Girls for the first time.

It...it's not going to leave my head ever, is it?
    Ah, gawd. I can't really handle Katy Perry, but that stupid Firework song got stuck in my head (because they PLAYED IT EVERYWHERE). At least this gives me something interest related to get stuck in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It took you this long? Woah.

Also, I found my Princess Luna Shirt! My... other Princess Luna shirt that I lost and got a replacement for. I'm now up to 7 pony shirts.

SOME WOULD SAY THAT IS A LOT OF PONY SHIRTS

Either way, my dream of wearing only pony looks like it's come true.
    Did you get those in a store or online? (I know Hot Topic has in-store shirts for sure.) Once I get a better job, I'm going to start collecting ponyshirts. I will wear them everywhere. I also want to get pins so I can wear them at work. >:3

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Topic: Assume shoulder ponies were real. Choose one and only one shoulder pony for your own enjoyment. Who do you pick?

I'd choose Fluttershy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    Rainbow Dash or Twilight. Probably Rainbow Dash because she would counteract my normal timid, non-confrontational attitude. That would probably help me in life, or I'd wind up dead. One or the other.
    I could see all of them being beneficial:

Twilight - We would share our affinity for learning and doing magic in our spare time. Muaha.

Rarity - She would be like my own personal Stacy & Clinton. I need her fashion help!

Pinkie - We'd sing together all day, and she'd justify me laughing to myself at any given time of the day.

Fluttershy - D'aawww. :3 (She'd probably hate the lack of animals in my life due to allergies though..)

Applejack - We'd be awesome southern hipsters together.

Dash - She'd probably be my first pick, because I'm usually non-confrontational and second guess myself a lot. She'd tell me to shut up, buck up, and do stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Random theory that I came up with:

Twilight's ubermode is a common unicorn problem cranked up to eleven. Most unicorns, when learning magic, cast spells by accident during times of emotion until they learn proper control. This is called spellslip, and is considered embarrassing, the unicorn equivalent of wetting the bed.

Thoughts?
    I could see this working in a fic. I mean Twilight didn't know she'd zap herself and Spike back to the Library that one time. I guess you'd have to judge individual context as to 'bed wetting', and how embarrassing the effect/reaction was to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Technically I'm not poor, I'm just very thrifty.
    That seems to be my issue. Where I work now, I barely make enough to pay my bills and put gas in the car to get to and from work. I do pamper myself with two ponies a paycheck though. ($5.04 at my local Target) I've bought all they have sold so far. So I got the mane six plus Cheerilee and Lily Blossom, whoever that is. She's cute though, and is purple.

Just had one of those totally awesome humanity-affirming moments!
    Yee! Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Celestia

Two reasons for this:
    1) She's over 1000 years old. You know her advice is going to be wise, though probably annoyingly cryptic.
    2) She's beautiful
    And would also TROLL YOU TO DEATH and try to give you bananas. RESIST RESIST!

Also, there but for the grace of god.

10:10 : Rainbow Dash. I am weeping tears for thee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    KILL IT WITH FI—

No, wait, fire isn't strong enough. But what is? H2SO4? Plasma? Gamma Ray Burst? Orbital Friendship Cannon? We're gonna need some really strong stuff here…
    Oh god. Poor Lupa. I saw this this morning.. THIS IS WHY I AVOIDED the PONYSCENE from 1992-now. Uggghhhhh. NEED BRAIN BLEACH.

Also--
    I can't find the original quote, but that Proud to be a Brony song is AWESOME. I'm going to find it for dl and get it on my iPod.

I keep finding my inner monologue pony-izing things. Especially with the weather. 'Celestia's really overdoing the sunshine today.' 'Oh, the pegasi are hard at work today! Nice cloud coverage!' 'Wow, Luna's really puttin' the shine on tonight.' (We've had like three night with just glorious near full to full moons.)
    3DS Friend Code: 3625-8308-8437
    Pokemon X | Harvest Moon ANB | Animal Crossing ANL
    Fighting Type | Machoke | Throh | Breloom

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    See, that picture is meant to be of Princess Blueblood.
    Do we hate her less? Is she nicer?
    No theory from me, but I'll admit to finding the image cute, which is more than I can say for regular Blueblood.

Topic: Assume shoulder ponies were real. Choose one and only one shoulder pony for your own enjoyment. Who do you pick?

I'd choose Fluttershy.
    Rainbow Dash. She'd drive me bonkers, but I need a good kick in the doodad on occasion; more action, less sitting around overthinking things, and she'd be perfect for that.

A hoof suddenly taps Seft on the shoulder.
    "Ahem. I believe you already have a shoulder pony."
    No, you're me, turned into a frog, turned into a pony. How'd you get here, anyway?
    "Forced myself into existence out of frustration at the sheer lameness of my backstory."
    ... that makes no sense.
    "Makes more sense than ponysanity turning you into a frog-pony, bucko."
    *sighs.* Guys, meet Frogstart, who is apparently my shoulder pony now.
    (Imagine a pony with my current avatar's colour scheme/patterning, and some kind of frog-based cutie mark)
    "'Frogstart'? Seriously?"
    ... I could always banish you to my heap o' failed characters, y'know.
    Frogstart scowls, and stalks off in a huff.
    "Can't believe I have to put up with that guy."

Yeah, sorry about that. Needed to get some silly off my chest.

Formerly Seft Sirag, now an an unusual desert.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Huh?
    My ponythread character is the pony thread element of bacon, is a carnivorous lion-pony, can magically create bacon, and is named Leo, not Geraldo
    Last edited by Kris Strife; 2011-08-15 at 03:51 PM.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Dwarf in the Playground

Welp. Hasbro messed up again. Is it really that hard to get your own characters' designs right?

Cheerilee's butt mark is wrong:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sorry for the crappy quality. I took it with a crappy webcam.

She only has ONE flower instead of THREE. D:< It even has her picture on the package with three flowers.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WJMill View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

She only has ONE flower instead of THREE. D:< It even has her picture on the package with three flowers.
    They aren't exactly known for their consistency. Heck, I can understand the design differences, since we're translating from a flash animation to plastic designs with brushable hair. But how lazy do you have to be when you can't even get the basic colors right?
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ettin in the Playground

Welp. Hasbro messed up again. Is it really that hard to get your own characters' designs right?

Spoiler
    Show

I'm still trying to figure out what Hasbro has against MLP, toys for other series don't seem to have been messed up this badly.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    They aren't exactly known for their consistency. Heck, I can understand the design differences, since we're translating from a flash animation to plastic designs with brushable hair. But how lazy do you have to be when you can't even get the basic colors right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what Hasbro has against MLP, toys for other series don't seem to have been messed up this badly.
    I think the animation in G1 came either in tandem or after the first toys came out, so they could design the animation based on the toys. Same with G3, they released the animation based on the toys. Apparently having the animation first, and the toys second have completely baffled the design team. I will never own a pink Celestia. I would probably only buy that two-pack with Luna/Celestia for the Luna, and give the Celestia to the two-year-old I live with because she doesn't care.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Troll in the Playground

This makes me wonder: was little Rarity anything like Diamond Tiara?
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ogre in the Playground

This is adorable: Life With Derpy comic

It's missing that awesome theme song, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    My ponythread character is the pony thread element of bacon, is a carnivorous lion-pony, can magically create bacon, and is named Leo, not Geraldo
    Whatever you say, Geraldo. Just keep the bacon coming.

11. - Top - End - #1181

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Wait, Esper lives in Canada?
    *Starts working on his Track Down And Stalk Esper plan*
    Well, I might be making a mistake in assuming that the whole Location: Canada right under his username is the truth.

If true, that narrows his location down to about one fourth of the second largest country on Earth. So good luck on that "Track Down And Stalk Esper plan."

Also, if you get lost in the Canadian wilderness, remember the wisdom of Bear Grylls' survival techniques.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ettin in the Playground

I think the animation in G1 came either in tandem or after the first toys came out, so they could design the animation based on the toys. Same with G3, they released the animation based on the toys. Apparently having the animation first, and the toys second have completely baffled the design team. I will never own a pink Celestia. I would probably only buy that two-pack with Luna/Celestia for the Luna, and give the Celestia to the two-year-old I live with because she doesn't care.
    I own a Pinklestia; I'm researching and learning what it will take to paint her and make her show accurate (because honestly, the model is the best one of everypony I've seen). The problem is, the kind of plastic they used is so darned smooth that primer won't take. Evidently Celly needs a good going over with some super fine sandpaper to rough her up a bit before she'll accept her makeover.

Finicky little thing. I can see now why she's a princess... <.<

I doubt it. Wittle Wawity was the type to volunteer to design outfits for her school play (that she wasn't part of!), and then fretted and frowned because she hadn't been able to make her classmates' costumes perfect... for a given, very weird and Rarity-esque definition of perfect.

Point being, even when she was pint-sized she seems like she had a very generous spirit, and I just don't see that as being compatible with a Diamond Tiara style personality.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Well, I might be making a mistake in assuming that the whole Location: Canada right under his username is the truth.

If true, that narrows his location down to about one fourth of the second largest country on Earth. So good luck on that "Track Down And Stalk Esper plan."

Also, if you get lost in the Canadian wilderness, remember the wisdom of Bear Grylls' survival techniques.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't have to pee, better drink my own...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-15 at 04:19 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Troll in the Playground

Don't be silly. Silver Spoon's special talent is being fed!

edit: No really. Given the difficulty inherent to a non-unicorn eating with a spoon and given that she's from a very wealthy family, it's pretty clear to me that she has a servant to take the spoon in his mouth and deliver food to hers. It's an incredible sign of subservience, and I can only imagine the sort of power she feels at mealtimes. Is it any wonder that wound up being her cutie mark?
    This...explains a lot, actually. But what's the cutie mark of the pony that has to feed her?

Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
    Fanon: Berry Punch
    Mane Cast: Twilight Sparkle, then Rainbow Dash.
    Support Character: Shadowbolts.
    Drink!
    But I...
    DRINK!
    Ok, ok!
    See? Tha' washn't so hard!

With my luck, I would get Trollestia as a shoulder pony if I asked for Celestia. It might be fun if I wanted to pull pranks, but in between I'm sure she'd get bored and target me...

I really hope not...although it would make for some interesting character development to see how she went from stuck-up to the element of generosity.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, but your second mistake (the first mistake being possibly mistaking the Location: Canada thing I never really noticed) was assuming that I was not Canadian. Second largest country on Earth? Not a problem! We Canucks can track anything. And don't even get me started on the wilderness. You think Bear Grylls really knows wilderness? He hasn't even touched true Canadian wilderness! We Canadians fear nothing from nature!
    Except Australia.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Whatever you say, Geraldo. Just keep the bacon coming.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

17. - Top - End - #1187

The underlined part is most likly true. If the design team just could adapt to the new situation, the amount of toys they could sell would be much higher. After all, who would not want a big starry bear or a pony with the right colors?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Troll in the Playground

... hey, that'd be an interesting fic to write.

Assume that Tiara's talent is making diamond jewelry.

Assume that Ponyville has an apprentice system in place.

Who would Tiara get assigned to to learn how to make fancy things with gems and diamonds?

Sweetie Belle: Fluttershy?

Sweetie... you aren't allowed to guess anymore.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-15 at 04:30 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1189

GnomeWizardGuy

Who would Tiara get assigned to to learn how to make fancy things with gems and diamonds?
    The most obvious pony would be Rarity; her special talent seems to be using gemstones in clothing, after all. Cutting them and placing them properly would be her area of expertise, even if designing jewelry specifically is not. I'm sure Rarity would love to teach an expensive client her trade as well, at least until she started teaching and actually had to put up with Tiara.

I don't think we've seen a jeweler or jewelry store in the series yet. I would expect Manehatten to have one, as oddly enough I don't seem to recall much jewelry in Canterlot.
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

20. - Top - End - #1190

Scootaloo: Ooh! I know! It's Rainbow Dash right? She can do anything!

Edit:
    Ah, but your second mistake (the first mistake being possibly mistaking the Location: Canada thing I never really noticed) was assuming that I was not Canadian. Second largest country on Earth? Not a problem! We Canucks can track anything. And don't even get me started on the wilderness. You think Bear Grylls really knows wilderness? He hasn't even touched true Canadian wilderness! We Canadians fear nothing from nature!
    Except Australia.
    I've also heard that all Canadians are half-bear. Is this true? And, is it true that speed limits are posted in Kanadian Miles (km)?
    Last edited by Vent Reynolt; 2011-08-15 at 04:43 PM.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Titan in the Playground

Except Australia.
    Canadians: Track as a bonus Feat, +2 damage from Australium weapons.

I'm not sure how good of a teacher Rarity would be, especially with a pony like Diamond Tiara. Which is to say, seeing their dynamic fail uproariously would make an amusing read.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ogre in the Playground

I've also heard that all Canadians are half-bear. Is this true? And, is it true that speed limits are posted in Kanadian Miles (km)?
    Hmmm, haven't heard that rumour before. Let me ask my cousin.

Hey Harry! Are we half bear?
    Spoiler
    Show

Nope.

Well you heard the man. Clearly not half bear. The Kanadian Miles thing is totally accurate though.

As for Rarity the Teacher, I could see it quickly turning into a case of Diamond Tiara thinking she knows more than Rarity and trying to teach her instead.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ogre in the Playground

Fine. Leo. Just keep the bacon coming.

24. - Top - End - #1194

The most obvious pony would be Rarity; her special talent seems to be using gemstones in clothing, after all. Cutting them and placing them properly would be her area of expertise, even if designing jewelry specifically is not. I'm sure Rarity would love to teach an expensive client her trade as well, at least until she started teaching and actually had to put up with Tiara.

I don't think we've seen a jeweler or jewelry store in the series yet. I would expect Manehatten to have one, as oddly enough I don't seem to recall much jewelry in Canterlot.
    Most likely it has to do with the overwhelming amount of gems in this world. You could literaly dig a small 2x2 hole in the ground in the right place and find gems. Not only that, but they come pre-cut! Most likely only a few gems are sutible for royalty, and the rest are used in clothing or bribing dragons to stay away.

Wait, now there is a idea! No matter how many gems there are, there still useful to ponys. Why? Because gems are very useful for conducting magic and not overloding. They eventualy "were out" turning darker and causing magic to leak, so there is always demand. They could be used to make charms, such as ones to breath underwater or to make horseshoes last longer. The gems that are not sutable for magical use is used in clothing, jewerly, or bribing dragons to stay in there dens and away from the ponys.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-08-15 at 04:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Dwarf in the Playground

I own a Pinklestia; I'm researching and learning what it will take to paint her and make her show accurate (because honestly, the model is the best one of everypony I've seen). The problem is, the kind of plastic they used is so darned smooth that primer won't take. Evidently Celly needs a good going over with some super fine sandpaper to rough her up a bit before she'll accept her makeover.

Finicky little thing. I can see now why she's a princess... <.<
    I actually thought about doing that, but as a former (failure) customizer, the plastic has gotten unbelievably difficult to deal with. Maybe if we whine complain long enough they'll fix it. (Or so I futilely hope..)
    Last edited by WJMill; 2011-08-15 at 05:17 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Troll in the Playground

..............bananas? What?

I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's a pony with a muffin on her head:

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Wat.
    That was my reaction, yes.

That would be interesting to see. Rarity would probably go beserk.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Troll in the Playground

Rarity: I WILL TEACH YOU KINDHEARTEDNESS AND GENEROSITY, OR ELSE ONE OF US WILL WIND UP DEAD TRYING. YOUR CHOICE.

Diamond Tiara: Well I choose you. Duh.

Rarity (facehoof).

28. - Top - End - #1198

I don't know if someone has already done this before me, but I've decided to start cataloging (that should be the right world) all the ponythread/bronies in the playground. This is mostly to see approximately how large the pony fanbase is in a moderately(large?) sized community like the playground (and partly to prove to my friend how popular ponies are).

To get added to the list send me a pm and not as a post in this thread, those can be too easy to miss. And it would be greatly appreciated if some others can help spread the word about this.

As far as shoulder ponies go I think I would choose Twilight as well because our personalities would mesh well together and maybe she could help me develop some actual study habits.
    There are run-on sentences galore in this post, aren't there?
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, when we all decide to surprise Esper by suddenly showing up at his place with more than half the thread with us, I'm gonna be dragging you two along even if I have to kidnap you to do it! I'd have to go through NY to get to Canada anyway. (Of course, knowing my luck, Esper lives either far to the north, or far to the west, making it nearly impossible to drive there.)

For those wondering, New Jersey is where I live, and with some warning I could probably get about four days for a meetup, as long as it would take less than a day to drive there.
    Well, like I said, I don't have one of those fancy licenses that lets me cross the border, and I don't have a passport, so no Canada for me.

Well, we know that he is in the Eastern Time Zone, he let that slip.

Also, there is a good amount of light pollution where he is at, if memory serves from the late night photography session.

So I'd hazard a guess and place him along Lake Ontario/Erie, since that is where most of the big cities of Canada are.

Worst comes to worst, we miss him by a couple thousand miles

There there, you can still make me some bacon.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

30. - Top - End - #1200

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    ..............bananas? What?

I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's a pony with a muffin on her head:

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I guess you can find out... ON THE MOOOOOOON!!!

Warning: foul language, voice acting that's not faithful to the show, and copious amounts of Trollestia in that video.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show