New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XX: Appletastic Treats

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Airshipping? Airshipping! (It's been too long)
    Spoiler
    Show
    *a robot appears, flying in on a pterodon*

Ah, this reminds me of my Charlemane: "My armies will be the rocks and the trees and the prehistoric flying dinosaurs!"

I'm pretty sure that's not the quote

Hush Rosie! Our moment is at hand!

And that moment is for what, exactly?

...good question...

*flags down threadgoers*

What's going on and where are we flying, lads?
    Airshipping:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see a human male in some kind of black shroud running determinedly, far below you. As you watch he trips, falls headfirst toward a rock... and disappears. Before your eyes strands of shadow appear from thin air and knit themselves together into the figure, who now sits on the rock that almost cracked his skull.

"I should probably find a better method of transport than going on foot. Knowing where I'm supposed to be going would help, too. Ho there, on the ptera-thing, do you know the location of the ship known as the Socks? There is a damsel in distress I must rescue from its foul grasp, and need to find it quickly," the last two sentences are addressed to you, shouted up as the young man spots you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    The trick with this kind of bad advice is that it has to seem well-meaning in a completely socially inept kind of way, the kind of thing that somepony who fancies himself a ladies' colt while having absolutely no romantic skills would write. There should also be little escape hatches that would allow a truly devoted couple to somehow muddle through the terrible situation.

As such, I'm kind of ambivalent towards Scion's suggestion, which crosses the line into 'Oh god, you're a terrible person'.
    Yeah, I'd probably rework my suggestion before I could honestly recommend it for use. It's too long and does indeed cross the line quite often. Fortunately, these problems have largely the same solution. The simplest thing would probably just be to cut out the last two paragraphs, which are the main offenders and the ones which take up the most space.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Am I the only one not particularly enamored by this?

Being a really good flier is RD's thing. We start taking that from her, who knows what sort of self-esteem issues will come bubbling to the surface.

Not only that, if we start having Derpy surpass Rainbow in flying, what's next? Derpy becomes better at Rarity at fashion, better than Fluttershy at taking care of creatures, better than Pinkie Pie at partying? More studious than Twilight, more hardworking than Applejack?

Will Derpy become some sort of odious fanmade marysue, surpassing all the canon characters in their own arenas?

No, I say. I put my hoof down here. I refuse to let Derpy become that.

And so, I do not like this comic.
    Let the hate flow through you.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ettin in the Playground

@dromer
    I read the two excerpts you posted. I liked the second one (blue) better. Short, witty and to the point.

The other one sounded more like a rambling narrator associated with... dry narrations.

Lyra is so happy!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-08-21 at 08:14 AM.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Lyra is so happy!
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh Celestia please don't hurt me.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post

Oh Celestia please don't hurt me.
    Why would I hurt you Midnight? I only want to put you to sleep so that I can smuggle Twilight out of the palace.

She will be mine! Bwahahaha.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post

Lyra is so happy!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Where did I put my machine gu-STUN RIFLE! Yes, stun rifle! I never would dream of harming our crazed psychopth beloved Lyra! Now where did I put those incendiary grenades?
    Oh Luna please don't kill me.
    EDIT:Poor Trixie. Warning: large comic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-08-21 at 08:43 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

7. - Top - End - #727
    Troll in the Playground

Slow/pseudo-HD version of S2 clip?

>click<
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

The pseudo HD version makes me wonder: why isn't there a real HD version available? It's an commercial, it's supposed to be seen by as many people as possible. So why doesn't HUB upload it to YouTube or another video page? Even if there's a fee for commercial customers the additional cost should be marginal. And if there are legal problems with uploading short excerpts on a different medium they should fire their legal department. Or inform people in advance so fans can properly save commercials and illegally upload them. And Hasbro definitely has no excuses for not uploading their commercials. Esper, do you know what's wrong with these people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

9. - Top - End - #729
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    The pseudo HD version makes me wonder: why isn't there a real HD version available? It's an commercial, it's supposed to be seen by as many people as possible. So why doesn't HUB upload it to YouTube or another video page? Even if there's a fee for commercial customers the additional cost should be marginal. And if there are legal problems with uploading short excerpts on a different medium they should fire their legal department. Or inform people in advance so fans can properly save commercials and illegally upload them. And Hasbro definitely has no excuses for not uploading their commercials. Esper, do you know what's wrong with these people?
    I'm not going to question Hub's ability to manipulate the fanbase like puppets, while laughing in their pony-made ivory tower swirling brandy and twirling mustaches.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

10. - Top - End - #730
    Troll in the Playground

...My guess would be, TV marketing and Internet marketing are two different departments that don't really have much in common, and besides, the promo might only have a licence for one medium (say, Hub got licence from Hasbro to show its characters in the promo on TV) making it impossible to show legally?

Also, reason why most companies pay for showing their promos is, they aren't that popular in the first place, making uploading them a waste of time. Of course, here, the case is different, but does the HQ, or even marketing department care? After all, their job is reaching little girls, we're kinda wrong target here, and efforts of the team and internet marketing branch change it slowly, if at all :P

Additional reason why they might not upload that on YouTube, well, it's owned by Google, largest net advertisement server in the world, and the deal they might have signed can preclude any unsolicited advertising, I wouldn't be surprised, in fact.

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

11. - Top - End - #731
    Troll in the Playground

Random find. The comic is okay, but the comment that was left on ponibooru was pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfMostEverything
    Assistant extraordinaire
    Spikazoid! Spikazoid!
    Hits on a unicorn mare
    Spikazoid! Spikazoid!
    Hatched in an academy
    Spikazoid! Spikazoid!
    As if something better's on TV
    Spikazoid! Spikazoid!
    His brain's overloading
    It has a crystal coating
    Textbook case for Stallion Freud
    Spikazoid! Spikazoid!

Check out Twilight Sparkle
    Young magical ace
    She heard a sonic rainboom
    And her power wrecked the place
    It hatched a tiny Spikazoid
    He's strong and super-cute
    These ponies drive him crazy
    Which Joe cannot refute

His home base is a library
    Spikazoid! Cherilee!
    Asks cafés to stock rubies
    Spikazoid! The Eighties!
    Rides around on Twilight's back
    Spikazoid! Scootaloo!
    Diamond Dogs he will attack
    Spikame! Spikayou!
    He's here to save some mammals
    So stay tuned to this channel.
    If not Faust is unemployed
    Spikazoid! Spikazoid!
    SPIKAZOID!
    Pinkazoid still works better, but I like this :P
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie
    ...My guess would be, TV marketing and Internet marketing are two different departments that don't really have much in common, and besides, the promo might only have a licence for one medium (say, Hub got licence from Hasbro to show its characters in the promo on TV) making it impossible to show legally?

Also, reason why most companies pay for showing their promos is, they aren't that popular in the first place, making uploading them a waste of time. Of course, here, the case is different, but does the HQ, or even marketing department care? After all, their job is reaching little girls, we're kinda wrong target here, and efforts of the team and internet marketing branch change it slowly, if at all :P

Additional reason why they might not upload that on YouTube, well, it's owned by Google, largest net advertisement server in the world, and the deal they might have signed can preclude any unsolicited advertising, I wouldn't be surprised, in fact.
    Actually the pay for commercial time slots because the station delivers them viewers and the stations get their revenue from that money. Of course commercial are boring, but once in a while one gets widely known and linked. With such low additional costs and such potential gain they should try to use that marketing channel. As they say, half of all money spent in marketing is wasted, but no one knows which half.
    If it's in the contracts the question remains why it's in the contracts. Hasbro earns money by selling DVDs and toys, so any incremental is beneficial for them. And if they don't want to help google earning they can work with other distributors or make their own pages.
    So I guess it's a mix of legal reasons, bad marketing and the great war against Google.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

13. - Top - End - #733
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Actually the pay for commercial time slots because the station delivers them viewers and the stations get their revenue from that money. Of course commercial are boring, but once in a while one gets widely known and linked. With such low additional costs and such potential gain they should try to use that marketing channel. As they say, half of all money spent in marketing is wasted, but no one knows which half.
    Yesss, I know, that was mental shortcut :P

They pay for service, but in general opinion, even that of marketers, pushing their adverts anywhere besides their department's sphere of work is just of waste in time. Why would they assume it would be popular? Because it has 2 seconds of ponies? Had anyone said that a year ago, the sarcastic laughter would have been heard on the moon, heck, many people think so even today.

I'm sure had this been advert specifically to bronies, or when they will learn it's popular, it would have landed right on the Hub, but seeing it seems to be several show wide advertisement, it might have been prepared by completely different team that doesn't even touch MLP daily. Don't know how Hasbro/Hub marketing structures look, but it would be my guess.

If it's in the contracts the question remains why it's in the contracts. Hasbro earns money by selling DVDs and toys, so any incremental is beneficial for them. And if they don't want to help google earning they can work with other distributors or make their own pages.
    Incrementals are good, but they might be afraid they will "taint" the brand with association with bronies, be trying to match intended demographics first, or just be 70 year old manager that don't care about all these 'internets'. As below:

So I guess it's a mix of legal reasons, bad marketing and the great war against Google.
    It can have any number of reasons, starting with apathy or lack of knowledge, to incompetence ending, that I doubt we'll ever learn it. Maybe paying man in the middle would have been worth less than the profits it would have brought. Though, if anyone can guess, it would be nice.

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

I'll just quote myself, because I suppose the question may have been missed among all the Season 2 discussion:

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    On an unrelated note, since so many of you seem to have huge amounts of pony pictures saved, would anyone have one of Twilight, Trixie and Rarity in one of those tea cup rides? I remember faveing it on dA but now it's apparently gone.

Says the deviation is in "storage". Anyone know what that means, btw? Apparently it's the user's entire gallery and not just a lone picture.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Troll in the Playground

I'll just quote myself, because I suppose the question may have been missed among all the Season 2 discussion:
    Ah. I apologize, now I remembered that there were 2-3 such requests, I was supposed to get to them, but just forgot

Sorry, I was sick. Though, now you see why I do save stuff :P

Anyway, anyone remembers making similar request?

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-08-21 at 12:21 PM.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Ah. I apologize, now I remembered that there were 2-3 such requests, I was supposed to get to them, but just forgot

Sorry, I was sick. Though, now you see why I do save stuff :P

Anyway, anyone remembers making similar request?
    Yeah, I can definitely see the advantage

I really want to get that picture. For some reason my mind has associated it with a song and every time that song comes up in the shuffle I want to go stare at that picture but... I can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yay! You're my hero! Thanks
    Last edited by Deadly; 2011-08-21 at 12:20 PM.

18. - Top - End - #738

GnomeWizardGuy

The first image for "Trixie Twilight Rarity" in Google, actually.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

19. - Top - End - #739
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Huh, well now I feel silly. I guess I never thought of Googling it. I'm not used to Google being all that helpful in finding specific images.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    This was used on one of Seth's post IIRC. Pretty cute.

21. - Top - End - #741

GnomeWizardGuy

Huh, well now I feel silly. I guess I never thought of Googling it. I'm not used to Google being all that helpful in finding specific images.
    Hey, it was a long shot for me. I thought I'd need to run through 10 pages and ultimately look up ponibooru to find it; it being the first result was just humorous.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

22. - Top - End - #742
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, it was a long shot for me. I thought I'd need to run through 10 pages and ultimately look up ponibooru to find it; it being the first result was just humorous.
    Ah, still... I do usually take pride in always Googling a question first before asking. Just not when it comes to finding pictures apparently.

23. - Top - End - #743

GnomeWizardGuy

To be fair, you got both two versions and better quality than what I offered.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, so I was too late, then

Oh, well, have the original:

Spoiler
    Show

Also, maybe a weird question, but... Anyone knows how blind bags look like?

They seem to be cheapest/best (IMHO) pony figures, and I want to pick a few, but how does the bag/box/whatever looks like?

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

To be fair, you got both two versions and better quality than what I offered.
    Huh... *notices second version* So I did... cool. I like the first best though

Ah, so I was too late, then

Oh, well, have the original:

Spoiler
    Show
    Cool! I didn't know there was an original. Thanks

26. - Top - End - #746

GnomeWizardGuy

I'm finding a few images that are reasonably consistent. These might be the european ones; I have the impression that U.S. Target stores actually display the toys rather than selling the actual blind bag packages.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...02at192543.png
    http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/IMG_0693.jpg
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A pony take on an old classic.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Well, yes. There absolutely needs to be disaster to make it worth reading.

I'm sure that I might be able to work something in about that joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Quickly before work:

CHAPTER EIGHT: HUMOUR

Making jokes can be hard, and if they fall flat it can spoil the entire evening. Nothing is as bad as no reaction at all for your jokes, so it is best to ensure that your joke absolutely will get a reaction of some kind. Few things get as strong a reaction as fear. As such, we recommend using scary things in order to make your jokes work (remember! Giggle at the ghostie!).

A short list of recommended scary jokes includes, 'accidentally cut my own hoof off' (localised invisibility spell + fake blood splatter), the Headless Horse (Pillow over head + Call Lightning), and spiders everywhere (box of spiders).
    Another excellent way to show how witty you can be is a play on words with your waiter. For example, if the waiter asks if you would like some liquor, you would respond with "Liquor? I hardly know her!" This will show your date that you are incredibly witty, capable of thinking up a humorous joke in an instant. Be sure to take advantage of every opportunity to misinterpret what your waiter asks.

There, now you have a way to use that joke.

...If that's true, why she haven't name him Soaren? Not only it's cooler, it's closer to the name in question -_-"
    Personally I would have named him Soaron.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Books are ALWAYS the answer! Isn't that right, Twilight?

*Looks up from reading* What was that?
    *Writes a book called "On Books"*
    *First page: Books are always right, except when they're wrong*

Let Twilight figure that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Okay. My mind is blown.

I ran across an image on Ponibooru claiming that Twilight's voice actress also played Timmy Turner in Fairly Oddparents. Now this didn't seem too unbelievable to me, but I was still a bit surprised and wanted to verify it. So I looked her up on Wikipedia.

Holy crap there are so many characters she's voiced that I would never have pegged as having the same voice actress. Raven in Teen Titans. Presea in Tales of Symphonia. Rikku in Final Fantasy 10 and 10-2. Omi in Xiaolin Showdown. Bubbles in Powerpuff Girls. X-23 in Marvel vs Capcom 3. Harley Quinn in the upcoming Batman: Arkham City (though oddly not its predecessor, Arkham Asylum). The titular character of Ben 10.

That woman has some serious talent. (Seriously, Bubbles and Raven?!)

Zevox
    Yeah, she's kind of extremely talented isn't she? I actually caught on that Twilight was also Bubbles before I bothered to look up who did the voices. She kind of slips into Bubbles' voice when she gets mad, especially with "All the ponies in this town are crazy!".

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    EDIT:Poor Trixie. Warning: large comic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This actually would make an interesting story. Trixie could easily slip into NMM territory. It would also give the writers an excuse to go into more detail about just what happened with Luna. (I still don't want them to say she was possessed or something, that it was 100% her doing. Some sort of parasite or something that feeds on negative feelings and can enhance a pony's power? That I can live with.)

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ettin in the Playground

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Big images:
    Spoiler
    Show

Reminds me of:
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-08-21 at 02:20 PM.