New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: August's Pink Plushy and Phantasmagorically Random Banter Thread #166

That sounds epic. I am jealous I won't get to see it...
    Last edited by Eon; 2011-08-18 at 01:11 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: August's Pink Plushy and Phantasmagorically Random Banter Thread #166

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    That sounds epic. I am jealous I won't get to see it...
    You have good reason too. I'll try and get photos taken of me COVERED IN GASHES.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    You have good reason too. I'll try and get photos taken of me COVERED IN GASHES.
    And you will post them, right?

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

4. - Top - End - #64

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    And you will post them, right?
    If they get taken, yes.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Ooh, very interesting.
    Last edited by Ranger Mattos; 2011-08-18 at 01:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

6. - Top - End - #66

Woo, back from Buxton. HMS Pinafore remains wonderful. Buxton is a great place. Lots of G&S is a fun thing. Need to do more.
    Also Buxton has an excellent sweet shop.
    Also also I'm quite tired now. It's been a fairly intense week.

I couldn't be bothered to go through all the conversations I missed in the last thread, so I'm just going to quote Curly's posts and have done with it:

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    IOOON:
    I have lost over one stone. My socks were, and are, rocked off.
    Ooh, Curlyfeet.
    Also, well done. Give me a minute to find the conversion...
    Yeah, that's impressive.

I've never been very good at it, generally boobage was the big indicator. But then when I was at the gym the other day there was someone I'd swear blind was a boy, except she was in the ladies' changing room. And on very close, but surreptitious, inspection proved to have boobs.
    Small ones.
    Everything else screamed Male.

And with the growing tendency for androgyny, long hair on dudes and such and such it's just gone to pot. Also fat males with boobs don't help.
    >.>
    The one exception is, of course, David Bowie. No one could ever mistake him for a woman. Unless he was in drag . . .
    Curses.
    And then there's Noel Fielding, the man who looks as if "a wizard had turned a raven into a very beautiful young lady" as quoted by Frankie Boyle.

And clothing? When you know as many people as I do who wear men's clothing and are female, or who wear female clothing and are male, or a mix of either, combine it with a loose grasp of genders; everything goes to hang.
    I can still normally tell the difference between genders more than fifty percent of the time if there's no obvious cleavage present.
    Meh. Distinguishing between genders isn't that important anyway.

Also, David Bowie probably could pass as female if he tried so long as he wasn't wearing tight trousers.

My mother, dear Playgrounders, has just promised to buy me much new clothing if I can get down below a certain weight before I go back uni.
    This is cool. There are clothes I actually covet in her catalogue and elsewhere.
    More importantly, I also get the wonderful option to Go Through Little Sister's Clothes And Pick Out Whatever You Want. She has some classy clothes.
    I also get to do it with mum's proper vintage stuff what she still hung onto for some reason. Hello thirty-five year old low-slung Levi jeans and that cheesecloth newspaper print t-shirt!

As it is I already pinched Older Little Brother's old school blazer and am customising the badge out of it. Say hello burgundy red velvet.
    If you do get some nice clothes I demand pictures.

Obviously they're all deluded, and most likely biased.
    All this misaimed flattery is going to give me a confidence boost. Something I genuinely need as, despite my 'outgoing confidence', it's a façade. I have crippling shyness and have serious issues with meeting new people in person.
    This flattery, misaimed or otherwise is going to be useful.
    So go me?
    I suppose.
    YOU. ARE. BEAUTIFUL.
    The hope of boosting your confidence is actually one of the reasons I keep complimenting you. (The other being that what I say is true)

Hnnmmm, nice to see that my ability to ramble endlessly on meaningless tangents that no one will ever pick up on is still going as strongly as ever.
    You underestimate me. I love meaningless tangents!

ION:
    My legs have fallen off because I spent an hour and a bit at a gym, then an hour walking, then two and a half hours playing on this Zumba dancing game.
    Legs shouldn't fall off like that.
    Legs no fall off. I like your legs.

*counts the threads*

Whoa, I think I can finally post a new RB thread.
    Me too. Now what was that title I came up with...?

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Got my results. And I got into the Uni I wanted to get to, with 1 grade over what I needed (A*ABB, needed AAB ).

My face has been all for the past 2 and a half hours.

Oh, did I mention?
    Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Heh. Congratulations, you have earned a throat punch from every Dune fan on the server.
    He has? Why'd that be exactly?

ION: Did I mention I just got back from Buxton, where I performed in HMS Pinafore as part of the International Gilbert & Sullivan Festival?
    Because I did.
    I'm going to be very proud once it sinks in properly.
    Blog post will be written about this. Also I have pictures, which will be forthcoming soon.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyesmith View Post
    "Well-done" is synonymous with "Ruined", when it comes to steak imo.
    A man of taste, I see.

YOU. ARE. BEAUTIFUL.
    The hope of boosting your confidence is actually one of the reasons I keep complimenting you. (The other being that what I say is true)
    (Not to intrude, and I aplogise if it's rude of me to comment, but doesn't saying to someone you are complementing them to boost their self esteem kind of invalidate the ego boost of complimenting them in the first place?)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2011-08-18 at 03:35 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    (Not to intrude, and I apologise if it's rude of me to comment, but doesn't saying to someone you are complimenting them to boost their self esteem kind of invalidate the ego boost of complimenting them in the first place?)
    Maybe if that were the only reason I was doing it, but since I mentioned the other reason that these things I say are true, I wouldn't think so.
    I compliment Coorly because she is worthy of being complimented. I repeat these compliments in the hope that she will start agreeing with me.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    Why? Does your school start already?
    The Freshman Orientation does, but its only for today and Friday. Then whole school starts.
    IRL: Is being late for half my classes and having extreme trouble with my locker's lock normal Freshman behavior??? Because my lock hates me. And my lunch period is the 8th period out of 10.
    So no video for Moonie's prank? Awwww. Pictures aren't the best reaction shots.
    Oh, and Hai gais! All the new avatars make it harder for me to notice new random banter-ites. :P
    Edit: Post more please. I wanted to banter all day. And there is no bantering.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-18 at 04:31 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    The Freshman Orientation does, but its only for today and Friday. Then whole school starts.
    IRL: Is being late for half my classes and having extreme trouble with my locker's lock normal Freshman behavior??? Because my lock hates me. And my lunch period is the 8th period out of 10.
    Oh, and Hai gais! All the new avatars make it harder for me to notice new random banter-ites. :P
    Oh yes. There is some unknown force that actually makes them make more mistakes and have difficulty at first.
    Last edited by Eon; 2011-08-18 at 04:33 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    Oh yes. There is some unknown force that actually makes them make more mistakes and have difficulty at first.
    But I was the only one late for the first class. Was totally lame, dude.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-18 at 04:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Woo, goin' on a stakeout! Yay!

I should probably explain shouldn't I?
    But that ruins the weirdness!

Typing it up now, it's a bit long.
    Kids these days...

Unfortunately, no. But what I'm doing is much more awesome!

Okay!

For the last two days I've been spending two hours each day with three other people in an evening group called Guerrilla Theater. We plan to do some sort of public performance at the end of it. Here is the schedule, which we worked out yesterday for the rest of the week, plus what we already did:

Tuesday: Meet for the first time, sit in a field and talk about three different types of guerrilla theater, surreal (most of my life already, but when you're not sure if it's a ploy or not (think people walking into a bookstore, looking at one book, leaving, then doing the same thing again five minutes later for an hour), certain (public musical), and oblivious (randomly holding a concert out on a roof for instance). Then we go around listing all the ideas we have come to mind for what we should do at the end, and I prove that I'm a cloud cuckoolander. I hit upon the idea of using theater make-up to give ourselves convincing terrible wounds, then go downtown and act normally when by all expectation we should be unconscious in a hospital. The idea gains some popularity.

Wednesday: I enter bringing a scrapbook from a play I did, which I am showing to the teacher (he's really more of a voice of adult concern when we come up with ideas that might get 911 called on us, when he isn't doing magic tricks and letting us bury him under pillows) when the power goes out in the whole building. We have no idea why. As there is still plenty of light outside we go to the front room, which had one wall that pretty much consists of a large window and a glass door. The last person gets there (one was already there) and we start planning again, although not before on of us cuts her tow, and I twist my ankle (Mini Script! MoonCat twists ankle. MoonCat: Ow! F**K! OW! Realizes she's in a school-like environment MoonCat: Um... Ignore that. I didn't say anything! MoonCat leaves the line of vision of the teacher and hears hysterical laughter from where she was earlier.). We go inside, and since my idea was popular yesterday, we start talking about what problems there would be, and what we would need to pull it off. Purely theoretically of course, and only using it as an example for what we would need to do with what we did decide on, but after a while we just stopped adding 'if we do this' to each enthusiastic problem solving exclamation. We work out all the kinks (he has police friends who he'll tell about the thing in case we don't manage to get someone to shut up and stop dialing 911 in time) and plan what we're to doing in the following days.

Thursday: Stake-out, we go down town and plan exactly where we'll be and where we'll go, and where we'll meet after one hour.

Friday: Practice, we use that make-up kit to practice making wounds, and work on getting used to moving around normally with it on.

Saturday: Showtime!
    Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Maybe if that were the only reason I was doing it, but since I mentioned the other reason that these things I say are true, I wouldn't think so.
    I compliment Coorly because she is worthy of being complimented. I repeat these compliments in the hope that she will start agreeing with me.
    Stubborn persistence in my belief is my favorite way to make people feel better about themselves.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    But that ruins the weirdness!

Kids these days...

Very interesting.
    You mean the idea of MoonCat wandering all over downtown MoonCattown covered with gashes and bruises isn't weird enough?

I was talking to Blue Ghost and LaLa!

That's it? IT'S AWESOME!
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

But I was the only one late for the first class. Was totally lame, dude.
    It's tough being a freshman. You'll get past it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, that's pretty normal.

Luckily, I get to wait until September before my school starts.

Oh no, I just realized school starts in two weeks.
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't fret, the world could end between then and now.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    It's tough being a freshman. You'll get past it. No, I'm joking. You are doomed for eternal suffering for a year! BWHAAHAHA!
    Yeah, older brothers went there so most of the teachers know me. Didn't help the Biology teacher pronounce my eight letter last name though. How hard is a ch sound? Seriously.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote me as saying I was misquoted.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

I was misquoted.
    Happy now? Hey, it seemed like the kind of post where there'd be silly white text. I just improved it.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-18 at 05:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, older brothers went there so most of the teachers know me. Didn't help the Biology teacher pronounce my eight letter last name though. How hard is a ch sound? Seriously.
    Depends. Is it "ch" like "cheese" or "ch" like the Hebrew "Chametz" (only word I can think of with the sound)? For many English speakers, the first is easy while the second is difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know Chametz, but I assume you mean ch as in loch, or the German ich.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    I don't know Chametz, but I assume you mean ch as in loch, or the German ich.
    Like in Chanukah. You have to hawk when you say it. It may be the same sound.
    Last edited by Tragic_Comedian; 2011-08-18 at 05:26 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by master256 View Post
    Depends. Is it "ch" like "cheese" or "ch" like the Hebrew "Chametz" (only word I can think of with the sound)? For many English speakers, the first is easy while the second is difficult.
    Ch like cheese. Sometimes, you SHOULD pronounce it in English, not with country-you think name-is-from accent. Somehow he thought the C was a K. If the C sounded like a K, it'd be a K. Like the FIRST LETTER of the name that you pronounced perfectly.

Like in Chanukah. You have to hawk when you say it. It may be the same sound.
    Funny story, my 8th grade teacher pronoucned it like Cha-nuke-ah. And huzzah was said like huzza. Like buzzeh.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-18 at 05:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

24. - Top - End - #84
    Colossus in the Playground

You guys all remember my Mom, right? And how she kinda flaks on food a lot.

Well, she just brought me a whole pizza. When I'm in a situation where I had just cooked two days worth of pasta to eat. My Mom the RNG, coming to sitcom channel of your choice this september.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Well, she just brought me a whole pizza. When I'm in a situation where I had just cooked two days worth of pasta to eat. My Mom the RNG, coming to sitcom channel of your choice this september.
    Not pizza and pasta AT THE SAME TIME! She's destroying the balance! Magical Mutant powers.... fading.... *cough*
    Speaking of pasta... my dad is making a huge batch of noodles for my brothers. (And a small batch for me. Because why not. *sighs*)
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-18 at 05:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

26. - Top - End - #86

Ooooh, I love pasta, and pizza! I can eat whatever you don't want! Just send it in a package to Vienna.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

27. - Top - End - #87

Not pizza and pasta AT THE SAME TIME! She's destroying the balance! Magical Mutant powers.... fading.... *cough*
    The good news is that I'm not going to eat them both at the same time, so no power lose.

Also, since my pizza has cheese and pineapple on it, it is hyper delicious.

EDIT: Dragonprime, even if I WOULD give you my food, which I won't, ever, I would be unable to send it to where you are, due to no money or postal services and it probably being illegal to transport food and it also probably rotting. In that order.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2011-08-18 at 05:35 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88

The good news is that I'm not going to eat them both at the same time, so no power lose.

EDIT: Dragonprime, even if I WOULD give you my food, which I won't, ever, I would be unable to send it to where you are, due to no money or postal services and it probably being illegal to transport food and it also probably rotting. In that order.
    Awww man, I wanted some pasta-pizza from the Canadian empire.

In other news, I've found out how much longer I have on the playground. I have to go back to the seminary on the 29th, meaning that I have about eight more days.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

A super delicious roasted deep fried orange-flavored pizza with chocolate pepperoni? With cheese and pinapple? And a cherry on top?

In other news, I've found out how much longer I have on the playground. I have to go back to the seminary on the 29th, meaning that I have about eight more days.
    Awww. I barely got any banter with you. Better squeeze some in this weekend.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-18 at 05:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

30. - Top - End - #90

A super delicious roasted deep fried orange-flavored pizza with chocolate pepperoni? With cheese and pinapple? And a cherry on top?
    Unfortunatly, no. It's just Domino's.