New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice XX: One X Short of an Awesome Title

Well, yeah, I guess so :/ But I guess there also isn't any point in thinking about it now. I mean, she deleted her account so I can't message her that way, she never accepted my MSN request so I don't have that, and well, I wasn't planning on getting a phone number till the day before the date, so I don't have that either.

Oh well. I'll get over it in a few days I guess. Maybe I'll try getting another girl to talk to me in another couple months or something and I might get lucky that time.
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

2. - Top - End - #962
    Dwarf in the Playground

Considering what I've heard on the subject of online dating, there's a chance you were actually talking to a man impersonating a woman. Maybe that won't help much in case this scenario appeals to your preferences, but anyways, there you have it.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Bugbear in the Playground

Uhm. Hi. I don't normally post here but I actually need a little help this time. Well I dunno if I'm venting or I actually need help but either way I'm posting it.

So here it is:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I really, really like this guy. Now lemme tell you why. He's mature, he cares about me, he respects me and he really means everything he says and has absolutely no problem expressing himself. That has impact on the story because it shows how much I ridiculously care about this guy.

I'm a terrible person but I totally liked him when I was dating my ex anyway, I was just trying to pretend it wasn't happening until we broke up.

Anyway we went to a little party together and flirted and hung out and stuff and totally ended up falling asleep cuddling. At that point, nothing sexual. Not even a kiss. Not even the entire time we lay in bed. So that was comforting in the "he doesn't just want me for sex!" way. I was a teeny bit drunk when that happened too so it's good he didn't take advantage of a drunk girl. He was sober. It was so sweet. It was absolutely perfect.

And he's such a good guy anyways, I'd never think that'd be the case, the using me for sex thing. It also naturally convinced me that he likes me. So the next day we totally end up making out. But he seemed like, upset and I was genuinely terrified.

So I IMed him to call me if he wanted to talk about it because I don't have his number 'cause I never have peoples' number's 'cause I don't have a cell, anyway. He calls me. I told him I didn't feel weird but I wanted to make sure he didn't feel weird ('cause I'm really really eloquent) and he said "No, no, no don't worry about that. It's fine. (long silence) So I got the feeling you really like me?" and I was like "Buhh. Yeah. That's true. Yup." and he essentially said he's bad news. He's a nice guy to people but he treats his girlfriends wrong and he didn't want to end up treating me that way. He said "It's not that you're not pretty- you're gorgeous-" (which doesn't help the whole you're not letting me date you thing) "and you're an amazing girl" (which sounded really 'I don't like you and I'm trying to turn you down nicely'-ish so I made sure and he does like me which sucks/is awesome) "I just know you deserve someone different than me." Then I really cheesily said "But I don't want someone different." and ugh. He asked if I was sad a couple times. He said " Are you sad?" and I said "Yeah, I mean. Understandably. Yes." to which he said "Yeah, I'm so sorry. This is so hard. I'm sorry." and he was crying. What. Perfect right?

He also said "don't think it's never." So uh plus? I just want it to be NOW.

He is a nice guy. I'm not just blinded by love. All my friends and my overprotective, guard dog BROTHER who's been his friend for years (I made sure the guy knew my brother was okay with it) approve. I'm just worried he thinks he's bad and he's not or something.

And he's so great, it's hard to explain. He even told me I'm one of two people who are easy for him to talk to (as part of why he wouldn't want to drive me away with his alleged mistreatment of women) and I understand him and "the way he talks" apparently. So we click basically.

And I dunno. He's the only guy who's ever respected me or cared about me like this and still had romantic intentions. He's sacrificing something that would make him happy just to keep me safe. Isn't that good enough in itself? Shouldn't that give him the right to deserve me?

Giant in the Playground, what is even happening. I'm severely crushed.
    "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."

-Abraham Lincoln
    Love wins.
    my blog.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Em Blackleaf View Post
    Uhm. Hi. I don't normally post here but I actually need a little help this time. Well I dunno if I'm venting or I actually need help but either way I'm posting it.

So here it is:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I really, really like this guy. Now lemme tell you why. He's mature, he cares about me, he respects me and he really means everything he says and has absolutely no problem expressing himself. That has impact on the story because it shows how much I ridiculously care about this guy.

I'm a terrible person but I totally liked him when I was dating my ex anyway, I was just trying to pretend it wasn't happening until we broke up.

Anyway we went to a little party together and flirted and hung out and stuff and totally ended up falling asleep cuddling. At that point, nothing sexual. Not even a kiss. Not even the entire time we lay in bed. So that was comforting in the "he doesn't just want me for sex!" way. I was a teeny bit drunk when that happened too so it's good he didn't take advantage of a drunk girl. He was sober. It was so sweet. It was absolutely perfect.

And he's such a good guy anyways, I'd never think that'd be the case, the using me for sex thing. It also naturally convinced me that he likes me. So the next day we totally end up making out. But he seemed like, upset and I was genuinely terrified.

So I IMed him to call me if he wanted to talk about it because I don't have his number 'cause I never have peoples' number's 'cause I don't have a cell, anyway. He calls me. I told him I didn't feel weird but I wanted to make sure he didn't feel weird ('cause I'm really really eloquent) and he said "No, no, no don't worry about that. It's fine. (long silence) So I got the feeling you really like me?" and I was like "Buhh. Yeah. That's true. Yup." and he essentially said he's bad news. He's a nice guy to people but he treats his girlfriends wrong and he didn't want to end up treating me that way. He said "It's not that you're not pretty- you're gorgeous-" (which doesn't help the whole you're not letting me date you thing) "and you're an amazing girl" (which sounded really 'I don't like you and I'm trying to turn you down nicely'-ish so I made sure and he does like me which sucks/is awesome) "I just know you deserve someone different than me." Then I really cheesily said "But I don't want someone different." and ugh. He asked if I was sad a couple times. He said " Are you sad?" and I said "Yeah, I mean. Understandably. Yes." to which he said "Yeah, I'm so sorry. This is so hard. I'm sorry." and he was crying. What. Perfect right?

He is a nice guy. I'm not just blinded by love. All my friends and my overprotective, guard dog BROTHER who's been his friend for years (I made sure the guy knew my brother was okay with it) approve. I'm just worried he thinks he's bad and he's not or something.

And he's so great, it's hard to explain. He even told me I'm one of two people who are easy for him to talk to (as part of why he wouldn't want to drive me away with his alleged mistreatment of women) and I understand him and "the way he talks" apparently. So we click basically.

And I dunno. He's the only guy who's ever respected me or cared about me like this and still had romantic intentions. He's sacrificing something that would make him happy just to keep me safe. Isn't that good enough in itself? Shouldn't that give him the right to deserve me?

I can't really think of anything useful or constructive to say, so *hugs*
    Add me on Steam!

Amazing albatross avatar by the lovely and very talented Ceika

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ogre in the Playground

So here it is:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pick up the pieces, move on and find someone else. If he doesn't think he'll treat you right than he may very well might be right. Count him as a friend and keep him that way until he can learn to treat the people he has an interest in better. If that's never than it's never. You're not going to change him. It hurts now but it'll hurt less the less you think on it. Walking away and occupying yourself with things you enjoy heals the wounds faster than sitting around and worrying and fretting, that'll just eat you up inside and make you feel worse.

6. - Top - End - #966

Quote Originally Posted by Dvil View Post
    I can't really think of anything useful or constructive to say, so *hugs*

Hugs help.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Pick up the pieces, move on and find someone else. If he doesn't think he'll treat you right than he may very well might be right. Count him as a friend and keep him that way until he can learn to treat the people he has an interest in better. If that's never than it's never. You're not going to change him. It hurts now but it'll hurt less the less you think on it. Walking away and occupying yourself with things you enjoy heals the wounds faster than sitting around and worrying and fretting, that'll just eat you up inside and make you feel worse.
    Yeah, you're probably right.

Still, he made no explanation as to WHY he's such a bad guy. So I'm gonna talk to him again someday and clear that up. I think it might really make me feel better if his reason is good. Y'know? Does that seem reasonable?

'Cause we're very specifically on good terms. He said we'll hang out more because it was fun hanging out. And I guess to see if it works. But that might be wishful thinking. When I asked if we should give it a shot he basically said not now. But anyway, we cleared up the whole "is it awkward to still talk and hang out?" thing.
    Last edited by Em Blackleaf; 2011-11-14 at 03:36 AM.
    "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."

-Abraham Lincoln
    Love wins.
    my blog.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

Still, he made no explanation as to WHY he's such a bad guy. So I'm gonna talk to him again someday and clear that up. I think it might really make me feel better if his reason is good. Y'know? Does that seem reasonable?
    Sure it does but I would still advise against it merely because if his reasons aren't reasonable you'll just be more upset. If you're happy where you are together you should leave it there. Let sleeping dogs lie. If he brings it up listen but if you bring it up he may not take it as well. Just leave it be.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

I'm going to second what everyone else is saying and suggest that you don't try to force him to date you. You have asked and he has said no, and now you need to respect him, respect his decision, and respect his reasons for turning you down. Asking again or trying to get him to change his mind is only going to make things awkward and put a strain on your friendship. He could feel highly pressured and may start avoiding contact or break the friendship off altogether.

If you absolutely must, then let him know that you will still be open to the possibility in the future, but accept that it is not going to happen, calm yourself down, move on, and when you have honestly done those things, let him know. Let him know that you are happy being just friends and that you appreciate and value that friendship. Let him know that you are not holding out a candle for him and that you're not hanging out with him because you feel you can change his mind. Let him know this through your actions more so than words.

Focus on the friendship and on what you will gain from it. Try to focus on remembering that you're not losing a relationship opportunity but gaining a friend and what that friendship will mean to you.

It's cold comfort to hear this now, but the feelings you have expressed will subside, it will get easier over time, and you will start noticing other people.

Try to relax, try to focus on other things, and try to remember that you will still have a great friend.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

9. - Top - End - #969
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

...What.

So the next day we totally end up making out. But he seemed like, upset and I was genuinely terrified.
    More what + bad sign that you were terrified of him coupled with him admitting to being an abusive boyfriend of one stripe or another.

He's a nice guy to people but he treats his girlfriends wrong and he didn't want to end up treating me that way.
    So either he's lying, of grossly altered perceptions, or an abusive boyfriend with enough self-awareness to not want to do that to you. Not very good options for a potential love interest.

He's sacrificing something that would make him happy just to keep me safe. Isn't that good enough in itself? Shouldn't that give him the right to deserve me?
    Nope. For one thing that's the wrong paradigm, since it's kind of unhealthy to really get into the whole idea of "deserving" someone, 9 uses out of 10. For the other, if he's determined to not be able to give it a fair shake or doesn't want to and is unable to simply say so, there's nothing you can do about that which would be ethical or even advisable at this point in time. And anything unethical and inadvisable would most likely lack efficacy and satisfaction.

Of course, there's also the more cynical answer that any single hetero-to-bisexual man who would willingly pass you up has clearly lost his mind and so he's made doubly forfeit by the distaff counterpart of Rule One. Slim chance that's even cold comfort at the moment, but you're going to be glad you don't have to deal with someone with whichever flavor of issues he has as your SO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

10. - Top - End - #970
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    you were terrified of him
    I highly suspect Em was terrified that she had ruined things, not of him.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

11. - Top - End - #971

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I'm going to second what everyone else is saying and suggest that you don't try to force him to date you. You have asked and he has said no, and now you need to respect him, respect his decision, and respect his reasons for turning you down. Asking again or trying to get him to change his mind is only going to make things awkward and put a strain on your friendship. He could feel highly pressured and may start avoiding contact or break the friendship off altogether.

If you absolutely must, then let him know that you will still be open to the possibility in the future, but accept that it is not going to happen, calm yourself down, move on, and when you have honestly done those things, let him know. Let him know that you are happy being just friends and that you appreciate and value that friendship. Let him know that you are not holding out a candle for him and that you're not hanging out with him because you feel you can change his mind. Let him know this through your actions more so than words.

Focus on the friendship and on what you will gain from it. Try to focus on remembering that you're not losing a relationship opportunity but gaining a friend and what that friendship will mean to you.

It's cold comfort to hear this now, but the feelings you have expressed will subside, it will get easier over time, and you will start noticing other people.

Try to relax, try to focus on other things, and try to remember that you will still have a great friend.
    Thanks, Rawhide. This is a good way to look at it.

I think this will all be easier as we were close friends before. And it's already gone back to normal, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    ...What.
    What about what? What.

More what + bad sign that you were terrified of him coupled with him admitting to being an abusive boyfriend of one stripe or another.
    To answer your "what", (if this is what your "what" is referring to) we were being stupid teenagers and it wasn't actually a bad thing?

And you have completely misunderstood all of that. Rawhide's right. I was scared I'd made him uncomfortable and ruined everything. Yeah, like I said. He's apparently only "a bad guy" to his girlfriends.

Disclaimer: If I find myself terrified of a guy, I'm smart enough to NOT wish I were dating him anyway. xD

So either he's lying, of grossly altered perceptions, or an abusive boyfriend with enough self-awareness to not want to do that to you. Not very good options for a potential love interest.

Nope. For one thing that's the wrong paradigm, since it's kind of unhealthy to really get into the whole idea of "deserving" someone, 9 uses out of 10. For the other, if he's determined to not be able to give it a fair shake or doesn't want to and is unable to simply say so, there's nothing you can do about that which would be ethical or even advisable at this point in time. And anything unethical and inadvisable would most likely lack efficacy and satisfaction.
    This part all makes sense and I'm going for the general "leave it be" consensus. I guess my only problem now is that this super sucks.

Of course, there's also the more cynical answer that any single hetero-to-bisexual man who would willingly pass you up has clearly lost his mind and so he's made doubly forfeit by the distaff counterpart of Rule One. Slim chance that's even cold comfort at the moment, but you're going to be glad you don't have to deal with someone with whichever flavor of issues he has as your SO.
    Haha, that was comforting in a silly way.

-Abraham Lincoln
    Love wins.
    my blog.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

Em, my ex mentioned he wasn't a good guy. Shoulda listened (then again, the bigger tip off was that his teacher...and his mom...and his friends were all wondering why a "great girl like" me was dating him, so not entirely the same...>>). Maybe it isn't abuse, but maybe he doesn't put enough effort into relationships. Maybe he has a wandering eye. There are a ton of maybe's where he could still be a good guy and a good friend, but make a cruddy boyfriend.

That said, let it be. You can't convince him to be with you. Only he can make that decision.

In other news, apparently something about the holiday season makes people ask me more often about when I'm getting hitched. Including my managers. >< So tired of explaining it.
    Show me how pretty the world is
    'Cause I envy the way that you move
    'Cause I want something a little bit louder
    'Cause you're brilliant when you try
    Show me how pretty the whole world is tonight
    -Matt Nathanson "Pretty the World"

Various Syka-Foxes done by the wonderful Ceika

13. - Top - End - #973

NecromancerGuy

Syka, have you considered investing in business cards?
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #974

Recently delayed 'breakup' causing actual physical symptoms.

If I'm not intentionally distracting myself, all I can think about is what I've lost.

Which means I spend most of a ten hour work day just dwelling on it and feeling worse and worse, because my job is fairly straightforward and I don't need to think about it much.

Haven't been this depressed in a long time. I haven't missed it.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello,

I am hoping I can get some advice from you folks here. Have not been here for a while, life and all, but I always find my way back to you folks.

Well, the basic story is I am falling for this girl. She is so kind and nice (to a guy like me no less), and while I don't know if she will ever feel the same she just called me at 12:30 a night almost crying to talk about stuff, so at the very least I feel honored that she trusts and confides in me. No one has ever made me feel like she does, just by being around her.

Anyway, that is just background on what I want to ask. What would a family and friends of someone advise a person if they found out they wanted to date someone who had been to the looney-bin? I had gone multiple times as a child, and recently went last November-December for an attempted suicide. Also, how would someone react to such a red flag?

A deep fear I have always had is that a spouse, or even a girlfriend would try to come and see me next time I am in a loney-bin (it will happen again in time due to my condition). Basically, who would want someone who has been in straight jackets and in an asylum? Even if I lied and never admitted to it (which I would never do to someone who I care about their happiness) I would end up in one again eventually as the years passed. This is one of the reasons I have never dated.

So, how do you think a person would react, and how would their family and friends try to influence them away from a "crazy guy"?
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skami Pilno View Post
    The man who is dominated by fear of death is already dead.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Firbolg in the Playground

My first question would be 'Is he safe'.

If it's a situation where there's is physical danger for my friend/family member, I would tell them to not risk it.

If it is safe, I'd ask if they'd be able to be happy knowing there's no guarantee their partner would be around the next week, and might be away for arbitrary lengths of time.

If the answer to that question is still yes, then I'd tenatatively approve.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pika... View Post
    What would a family and friends of someone advise a person if they found out they wanted to date someone who had been to "the looney-bin?"
    If the person I was interested referred to it explicity as such, I wouldn't want to know them. Calling it a "loony-bin" does it a colossal dis-service - such rehabilitation centres are *NOT* just a dumping ground for people with mental health issues and the people that work there work very hard and care for their patients.

Terminology aside...it's a tough one. I would be concerned if a friend was dating was dating someone with mental health issues but that said, having gone through something similar, albeit on a smaller scale, it's taught me to keep an open mind. I would want them to be upfront about their condition, to tell me as much as they can about it - that way it takes the pressure off them about hiding something and gives me the heads-up about any potential roadbumps.

These things tend to come and go in episodes, so I would tell the person that if it looked like they were heading into a downward skid, I would support them as much as I could but the instant it got too much for me to cope with, (i.e. if there's a risk of harm to either me or them) I would ask for a little time apart while they sought treatment. On their way out of treatment I would be ready to meet them again and carry on the relationship.

I guess all I'm saying is be honest, know your limits, know your partner's limits and take it slowly and carefully. If a person was prepared to do that, I'd be cool with it.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Troll in the Playground

Is that what you truly see?
    An endless litany of me, me, me?
    Than I let you go, set free
    From all my thoughts of we, we, we.

- A ditty I thought up in the shower. I got broken up with for reals two days ago, and despite plenty of warning have found that I'd been holding out hope. I've been purging my emotions (not quite as extreme as it sounds) in order to "get over it" better; I've gotten too attached. If life were 3.5 I'd probably be fatigued, and I know I've got a penalty to will saves right now.

I know I'm gonna be fine. I've got a support group standing around me (metaphorically), but love is kinda one of those things that tends to find a way to get into everything, and so I've gotta try and close the more invasive bits into a box.

I just felt like sharing the poem, I guess. It's not completely accurate to the reasons behind this, but it manages to capture how I feel.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Damn, that's pretty good Puma. Neatly encapsulates the problems of being selfish in a relationship.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Troll in the Playground

Could you explain the second portion of your post please? It has a few interpretations depending on your interpretation of the poem. And I don't want to get huffy and puffy over nothing.

21. - Top - End - #981

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post

- A ditty I thought up in the shower. I got broken up with for reals two days ago, and despite plenty of warning have found that I'd been holding out hope. I've been purging my emotions (not quite as extreme as it sounds) in order to "get over it" better; I've gotten too attached. If life were 3.5 I'd probably be fatigued, and I know I've got a penalty to will saves right now.

I know I'm gonna be fine. I've got a support group standing around me (metaphorically), but love is kinda one of those things that tends to find a way to get into everything, and so I've gotta try and close the more invasive bits into a box.

I just felt like sharing the poem, I guess. It's not completely accurate to the reasons behind this, but it manages to capture how I feel.
    While the reason for its existence is unfortunate, and I'm sorry, there's something beautiful in those lines. Doesn't really help much, I know, but, good luck.
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #982

Here is an exact transcript of an exchange of text messages from last night, for your perusal:

Me (to a dozen-odd people): Hey all. I need to borrow a big gold crucifix necklace right now. Can anyone oblige?
    Her: Hi [Serpentine]! I'm fine, thanks 4 asking!
    Me: Wait, what? Did something happen to you?
    Her: Why yes, yes it did. Thanks 4 having the manners 2 ask how I was, even if it was after I prompted you.
    Me: What happened? I think I missed something. Are you okay? I don't know what happened!
    Her: That's only because you didn't ask. Manners Lesson: always ask how somebody's going, especially if ur seeking 2 borrow something from them
    Me: Okay... Sorry, didn't realise you're so formal in texts. How are you, has something happened?
    Her: It's not formal, it's called common courtesy! FYI, Tom & I broke up
    Me: [Sugar Honey Ice and Tea], sorry. Are you doing alright?
    Her: Thank you. Tbh, I've had better days. But it's 4 the best in the long run, will be okay given time
    Me: Glad to hear it. Let me know if you wanna hang out anytime.
    Her: Will do, cheers. And sorry, but I don't have any crucifix jewellery.

I thought she was one of my not-crazy friends

23. - Top - End - #983

Well, trivial social rituals of that sort aren't my forte, but I've read a fair bit of Miss Manners, and one point she's repeatedly made over the years is it's rude to tell people (unsolicited) that they are being rude. So even if you were rude (which, again, I couldn't judge), at least you're not a hypocrite too.
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Like the grue lurking in your bedroom waiting for you to fall asleep.
    But perhaps some things are better left unseen...
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

24. - Top - End - #984

Who expects every SMS to start with "How are you?"?

25. - Top - End - #985

Evidently she does.

I dunno, out of a dozen-odd people, the odd one has a problem with it, so maybe ask the other dozen what they thought? If it wouldn't be considered uncouth to show them the exchange, which come to think of it it might be?

How long has it been since you'd last communicated with her? If it'd been a long while, it could, conceivably, come off like you're only interested in her for her potentiality of owning a gold crucifix, and not for the other wonderful things she contributes to your life and well-being. I don't really get small talk on the level most people do, but sometimes I'll throw something like what she wanted into an asking-for-something discussion so they feel validated on some level. *shrug* Looking at that conversation, though, I get the impression you're in touch often enough you'd expect to have been notified already if she'd had a breakup.
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

26. - Top - End - #986

I did consider the possibility that it could've been a "we haven't talked for so long, and then the only reason she contacts me is to borrow something?!" thing. However, it hasn't been that long since we last talked, and it really seemed to me that the issue wasn't "when you haven't talked to someone for so long it shouldn't just be to borrow something" so much as "every time you contact someone it should be prefaced with a "how are you"".
    Although it does explain why she always started her messages in such a way, which I thought was odd but not much more than that.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Firbolg in the Playground

Maybe she's just a bit touchy at present because of the breakup? Leading her to feel that you're only interested in her for her potentiality of owning a gold crucifix, as Pheehelm put it.

Having a bad time - snap at people for little things. Seems natural enough to me.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

28. - Top - End - #988

Yeah, I thought of that too, which is why I'm not really hurt or angry about it. I just think it's so weird.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Troll in the Playground

That whole exchange made me chuckle a bit. It's completely off the wall and stuff; however, stating that it'd been a mass text might solve some issues. But then, I personalize everything.

30. - Top - End - #990

Well, she did open it up with "hey all" and "can anyone oblige?"

EDIT: You know, it suddenly occurred to me the other texter never thought to ask how Serp was doing. Curious!
    Last edited by Pheehelm; 2011-11-20 at 03:22 AM.
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika