New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 4: 13

If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I've never been one for theorizing about Homestuck, but after rereading the inscription. This part caught my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Inscription
    Its journey will end on the Final Day of my life, and even then will continue some.
    This could mean a couple of things now...

Its journey will end on the day Nannasprite dies. Which to me seems kind of odd considering the circumstances, but it's still a possibility.

or

Its journey will end on the day Jane dies.

I'm running very short on time at the moment, so i'm just going to leave this here.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    teleporting Hyper Nixon solves problems with Patriotism.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Titan in the Playground

The inscription was put onto the young book, the one John originally had, it was then picked up by grandpa, taken to the baby meteor, grabbed by babyjohn as he was being teleported to a skia-bound rock, traveled back in time, landed on top of and killed Nana with John, was locked in a safe for thirteen years, and was then combined with a bunch of stuff and such.

It's safe to assume the book popop is holding is the same as the one babyjohn held when he was flying towards skia and going back in time, only this time he traveled much more then thirteen years back in time and it was never put into a safe.

The note may infact have absolutely no meaning whatsoever in this universe.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #874
    Troll in the Playground

It might, though.
    Or more precisely just the fact that this note exist despite the fact it make no sense in the new context is meaningfull in itself. In that it may be an indication the scratch maybe isn't a perfect 'reboot'.)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2011-11-24 at 05:55 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    The inscription was put onto the young book, the one John originally had, it was then picked up by grandpa, taken to the baby meteor, grabbed by babyjohn as he was being teleported to a skia-bound rock, traveled back in time, landed on top of and killed Nana with John, was locked in a safe for thirteen years, and was then combined with a bunch of stuff and such.

It's safe to assume the book popop is holding is the same as the one babyjohn held when he was flying towards skia and going back in time, only this time he traveled much more then thirteen years back in time and it was never put into a safe.

The note may infact have absolutely no meaning whatsoever in this universe.
    it's unlikely that Hussie would include it if he wasn't intending to use it in any way.

I'm not saying it's impossible for it to have no meaning as the things are now. I guess it was more of an observation than a theory, but it IS the type of ploy that i could see Hussie utilize. He has a tendency to mislead people and do something different while not necessarily contradicting himself.

Also from a literary point of view. The inscription has been referred to a bit(i don't feel like finding the last time it was mentioned/seen), but now it's being thrust into the spotlight again. I imagine that it's going to have some meaning at some point and based on how long this inscription has been around, it will probably have some magnitude(apparently the death of a character) and i don't see Nannasprite's death having much magnitude at all. I mean she's been essentially absent from the story for quite awhile now. Now with Jane dying though, depending on how much characterization she receives, it could very well have quite a bit of magnitude. Of course he could play it straight and Nannasprite could die near the end of the book's journey.

It could also be a red herring.

Hussie's a rather unpredictable person sometimes. It's just a nuance that i picked up while reading the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    teleporting Hyper Nixon solves problems with Patriotism.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Well, the book is also currently on John's dead non-god body. Which has, presumably, entered the Alpha Kids' Medium.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leecros View Post
    it's unlikely that Hussie would include it if he wasn't intending to use it in any way.

I'm not saying it's impossible for it to have no meaning as the things are now. I guess it was more of an observation than a theory, but it IS the type of ploy that i could see Hussie utilize. He has a tendency to mislead people and do something different while not necessarily contradicting himself.

Also from a literary point of view. The inscription has been referred to a bit(i don't feel like finding the last time it was mentioned/seen), but now it's being thrust into the spotlight again. I imagine that it's going to have some meaning at some point and based on how long this inscription has been around, it will probably have some magnitude(apparently the death of a character) and i don't see Nannasprite's death having much magnitude at all. I mean she's been essentially absent from the story for quite awhile now. Now with Jane dying though, depending on how much characterization she receives, it could very well have quite a bit of magnitude. Of course he could play it straight and Nannasprite could die near the end of the book's journey.

It could also be a red herring.

Hussie's a rather unpredictable person sometimes. It's just a nuance that i picked up while reading the update.
    Perhaps they're going to kill a cat with it? They mentioned that way in the beginning of the story. It's one of the reasons they started playing!

...Maybe they're gunna hit Lord English with it, as well?

8. - Top - End - #878
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Gasp! Jade looks like Bec noir when wearing that hat-...Pff Im just spouting nonsense!

9. - Top - End - #879
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    We all knew items could be launched from the sylladex, it's the basis for weaponizing it. What we didn't know was that the actual act of captchalogging physically moved it that way.

10. - Top - End - #880

Quote Originally Posted by irenicObserver View Post
    We all knew items could be launched from the sylladex, it's the basis for weaponizing it. What we didn't know was that the actual act of captchalogging physically moved it that way.
    Wut? We didn't know that captchalogging moved items around?
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Banned

I don't think you're getting what I'm trying to say. I at least didn't know that when you captchalogued something it physically moved in the real world, i.e. when the book moved and ripped of Poppop's arm. I just thought it sorta disappeared when you captchalogued it.

was that a thing that made sense?

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, that was interesting plot twist. rassafrassan MLP:FIM
    So it appears Jake was dead the entire time! What a twist, eh?

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ogre in the Playground

Or it's time shenanigans.

Who knows?
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

14. - Top - End - #884
    Troll in the Playground

I'm actually wondering if, in this particular iteration, the Dersites are trying to get a heads-up on the competition by killing off the dreamselves of the players before they get a chance to awaken. It would certainly make the game harder.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ogre in the Playground

They would almost certainly kill the Derse dreamers first then, since they're right there, sleeping helplessly.

Hussie has said that Derse doesn't kill dreamselves because they're "programmed" not to do so, the same way Jack Noir is programmed to be treacherous. They see it as unsporting or something.

Though of course this is some kind of twist so everything is up in the air again. I just think that particular explanation has that flaw.
    Editor and playtester for Legend.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground

My guess is that Jake's robot is a parallel to Jade's robot in the previous session. If Jake kills it to get the radioactive battery he will be killing his dream-self. So the dream is prophetic?

17. - Top - End - #887
    Titan in the Playground

Well there is no blood on the body nor visible wounds, so i don’t think it was assassination. Plus there is the "Sburb speed run" thing that was discussed earlier were the game thinks the players were just too slow so it's giving them the tools to play beforehand so they can play faster, perhaps this is the game ensuring the kids get god-teir quickly as well? The Prospitians may be moving the dreamself to the quest-slate in the middle of prospit, so if real-Jake dies, then he will awaken as a god-teir in his already-dead dreamself.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #888
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Maybe it's just me but I'd find it hilarious if it turned out that that's all they were doing for years, milling around with a dead dream!Jake with nothing better to do.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Barbarian in the Playground

...Dude.

This situation calls for a second prototyping = dead dreamself gambit.

(If Jake's first prototyping could somehow manage to be Jane's taxidermy!Poppop, thus eventually resulting in God Tier Jake with Poppop!John's memories and skills... how crazy would that be?)
    The Evil Midnight Lurker what Lurks at Midnight
    "An object at rest -- CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!!!"

20. - Top - End - #890
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm i unno... What do you guys think each of the player's pre-entry prototyping will be? I mean we don't know that much about half of em, but could at least fathom a guess.

My guess would beee....

Jane: one or both of the bunnys, possibly Strider's "strange" bunny.

Jake: Brobot chaisis? Compu-English outfit?

Lalonde: Dead Mutie most likely.

Strider: That half-built robot?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #891
    Troll in the Playground

We are still missing an important piece of the puzzle - what happened to Rose's cat (Jasper), when he told her his secret? I think we will see him at some point in this session just as we see John's book right now. I'm also curious, how grandpa Harley (from Beta universe) entered the Medium.

As for the prototyping, each human player so far used a family member
    (either dead or a copy of themselves) and I guess the trend would be maintained.

Wild guess: PipeFan (if I remember the handle corectly) is Alpha-verse Dad!
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Titan in the Playground

Pipefan is beta-verse dad.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #893
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Pipefan is beta-verse dad.
    Then the FedoraFreak guy or, how he was named - I can't find those conversations in the archives.
    Last edited by Radar; 2011-11-26 at 10:07 AM.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Banned

Hmm, I wonder what kind of powers the Gent of Piss has anyway.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    We are still missing an important piece of the puzzle - what happened to Rose's cat (Jasper), when he told her his secret? I think we will see him at some point in this session just as we see John's book right now.
    It's a widely held theory, that Jasper was in the Alpha universe while he was disappearified. And he's also hypothesized to be an ingredient in the Alpha Doc Scratch (his head fits with the cueball shape). In this light, the whole "You decide to consult with the Colonel's bottomless wisdom. Good grief this thing is huge. It could kill a cat if you dropped it" is rather interesting.
    Last edited by RebelRogue; 2011-11-26 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Widely, not wildly...

26. - Top - End - #896
    Titan in the Playground

I expect Strider to prototype with his autoresponder.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

27. - Top - End - #897

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I expect Strider to prototype with his autoresponder.
    I actually expect the autoresponder to prototype Strider. The glasses will ride a brobot chassis and do all the adventuring anyway; while Stridersprite will just remain in the shower stall till the end; entirely oblivious to having been spritified and shifted into a different world full of threats and wonders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

28. - Top - End - #898
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    I actually expect the autoresponder to prototype Strider. The glasses will ride a brobot chassis and do all the adventuring anyway; while Stridersprite will just remain in the shower stall till the end; entirely oblivious to having been spritified and shifted into a different world full of threats and wonders.
    This is both insane, awesome and consistent with things presented so far. Wait... verily that is three things.

Similiar solution would be: You poor misguided fools... *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    ...I would be okay with this. xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Still, wasn't there talk of the trolls bringing the Beta kids into trollverse?

And where was Jade going?